June 2016 Moms

I can't wait to...

124»

Re: I can't wait to...

• I have to ask.

Am I the only one still eating sushi and lunch meat? The way this threads is going I'm starting to wonder...
    I've had the occasional sub & sandwich, but I haven't had some of my fav meats (prosciutto, rare roast beef)...& I've only had cooked sushi. It's SO not the same. 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • I have to ask.

Am I the only one still eating sushi and lunch meat? The way this threads is going I'm starting to wonder...
    I've eaten deli this whole time. I don't like fish so no sushi but I'm fairly sure I'd eat it if I wanted to, the usual caveats of a reputable place blah blah.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have to ask.

I eat both on occasion. Sushi only from one restaurant near me where I know it's the best quality. I had it last night in fact! If I eat it, that's my serving of fish for the week too. 
    TTC since 1/2013 on our own 
     HSG-2/2014 Rt ovary not visible and/or blocked 
     IF diagnosis 6/2014 
     DH on Clomid for low T 
     First cycle-clomid/ovidrel and TI 8/2015-BFN 8/31 
     Second cycle-clomid/ovidrel IUI 9/2015-
    BFP on 9/25/15 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh gosh...I must be terrible.

I've been eating all the prosciutto, dried meats, cold cuts, sushi (not raw, but some rolls have had roe on top), cup of half caff coffee every day. 

Whoops! 
  • I have to ask.

Been eating lunch meat the whole time.  Since the not a single recent listeria outbreak tracked by the FDA was from lunchmeat, and the OB's explanation was total hogwash, from a medical perspective, I'm eating up.  Protein makes me feel better.

I've passed on the raw sushi though.  But I'm not a die hard sushi fan to begin with.
  • I have also been eating deli meat, medium-rare meat, and raw sushi this whole time. Not like, super regularly, but I've never turned it down on the grounds of being pregnant. I also drink coffee every day although I'm super looking forward to not having to carefully limit it anymore.

I don't know if I'll even make it 24 hours past delivery before I'm sitting on a patio drinking a cocktail. 
  • I have an iced coffee every day, eat cooked sushi and have had deli meat on occasion.

Pretty sure by my third pregnancy I'll be doing whatever the hell I want though @fishwife799! :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • I have not restricted my food at all (except alcohol, but I don't really like it so that isn't a problem for me at all) - I love cold meat sandwiches, the only way I eat beef is rare, my eggs are runny, I've had sushi (the good stuff) on occasion. 
    As PP stated, most listeria outbreaks recently are due to contaminated produce, and I try to stick with fresh/quality foods. I was exposed to listeria in my second trimester from eating a salad... After that I got bitter, because no one ever said don't eat salad.
  • I have an iced coffee every day, eat cooked sushi and have had deli meat on occasion.

Pretty sure by my third pregnancy I'll be doing whatever the hell I want though @fishwife799! :)
    Yes! 

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

Yes! 
    So much yes! I drink coffee every day- sometimes even have a caffeinated soda, too *gasp*. I eat runny eggs, have deli meat at least once a week....only things I don't have are alcohol and raw sushi (just because I don't like it).  The perks of being a seasoned mama ;)
    All of those and add in the sushi :) I also eat eggs daily, almost always runny because chickens yo'. If I didn't my fridge would be taken over by eggs.

• Stm here and I'm not following any of the rules. I eat my steak medium, cold deli meat, sushi, coffee and wine once a week. My DS is the most OCD grumpy child I'm doing Everything different this time it's an experiment haha 
  • Stm here and I'm not following any of the rules. I eat my steak medium, cold deli meat, sushi, coffee and wine once a week. My DS is the most OCD grumpy child I'm doing Everything different this time it's an experiment haha 
    I always say it's a crap shoot. I was so healthy and followed all the rules with my daughter. She has breathing problems (no asthma diagnosis yet but it will likely come) environmental allergies and a peanut allergy. With my son I ate what I wanted when I wanted and he is healthy as they come.

• VikingGirl12VikingGirl12 member
    edited April 2016
    Stm here and I'm not following any of the rules. I eat my steak medium, cold deli meat, sushi, coffee and wine once a week. My DS is the most OCD grumpy child I'm doing Everything different this time it's an experiment haha 
    I always say it's a crap shoot. I was so healthy and followed all the rules with my daughter. She has breathing problems (no asthma diagnosis yet but it will likely come) environmental allergies and a peanut allergy. With my son I ate what I wanted when I wanted and he is healthy as they come.
    Yes! This! I was so ridiculously healthy with DS because I was scared I'd hurt him. He stil ended up with asthma, eczema, peanut, egg, chickpea, almond, cat, and major seasonal allergies. 
    So now I'm eating whatever the hell I want. 
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Yes! This! I was so ridiculously healthy with DS because I was scared I'd hurt him. He stil ended up with asthma, eczema, peanut, egg, chickpea, almond, cat, and major seasonal allergies. 
    So now I'm eating whatever the hell I want. 
    Amen sisters!!! I was so txt book never touched a thing off limits and breastfed him over a year. DS was so catered too and spoiled we revolved life around his nap schedule this LO is gonna have a totally different experience.