Pregnant after IF

February/March IVF/FET success thread

Hey ladies! Anyone else out there from the Feb/Mar IVF/FET group? I know I'm not the only one!
About us:
Me - 28, Lean PCOS
DH - 31
Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

Re: February/March IVF/FET success thread

• Me :smile: 
    Good to see you here!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Hey @tvh1982! I finally found a board for pregnant women who don't complain about how they weren't even trying or a thousand other things!

I hope we'll have a few others join us!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Loading the player...
  • Sounds like a good board to be at @aanddm2014 :)

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• Hi, I wasn't previously on the other board--I just started on the bump--but our February IVF was successful, so I thought I'd check in here and say hi to you all :smile: 
  • @PhloriDaMom Welcome! Was February your first fresh transfer?
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• PhloriDaMomPhloriDaMom member
    edited March 2016
    AandDM2014  Hi and thanks! Yes, we did a 3-day transfer of 4 fresh embryos on 2/21. The wait between the beta and the US was an anxious time, not know if all 4 or 3 or 2 or one, or worse, if none were sticking! We got attached to the idea of having twins. So our was a mixed feeling of relief (not 3-4!), sorrow (not 2 :-( ), and joy (yes, 1!).
  • I can totally understand the mixed feeling @phloridamom, eventhough I never had placed back more than one snowflake. 
    Your over the moon one made it, but boy would twins be great. So don't be too hard on yourself and allow those mixed feelings.

• @PhloriDaMom Congrats! I too was, and still am, disappointed that only one of ours took. I was really hoping for two so we wouldn't have to do this again, but no such luck. I was a bit sad when there was just the one sac on the ultrasound, but also happy because hey! there is something growing inside me!

I should be leaving in about an hour for todays ultrasound. Once again I have a nearly crippling fear that there is going to be no heartbeat and/or no growth.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Oh that fear @aanddm2014, but you'll be so relaxed afterwards when you had a look at your snowflake! 

• Yes, the fear. It happens every Friday morning. My doc and ultrasound tech thought it was pretty funny that I get scared just on Friday mornings. But things were looking good today. Growth is still a bit on the slow side, but my doc is not worried in the slightest. Measured at 7w2d and heartbeat was 169. I can't imagine being a fertile person and getting like 3 ultrasounds total during a pregnancy. I like that I get to go every week until 10 weeks, even if it means paying quite a bit every week. Totally worth it for my peace of mind.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• AandDM2014 Glad to hear your US went well. I hear you -- I can't imagine only having 3 US total.

We are looking into getting a Doppler. Sounds like there's pros and cons. Is anything straightforward in this journey?!
  • I can't believe I get to join this group! Beta today -- 469 (10dp5dt). Looking forward to the journey with you all :)
  • @ssandberg Woot woot! What a lovely number!! Congratulations!!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Hi everyone! So excited to be here! 1st beta came back @ 249 (12dp3dt)! I've been experiencing RLP right under my belly button for the past 2 days. Nurse is not concerned, she says its just my uterus expanding. Hopefully it's busy making room for both embabies, but we will be just as happy with 1 healthy one :)
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Yay @capps42613!!! Congrats on a lovely beta number!! I'm gonna be hoping for you that it has an excellent rise!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• 2nd beta is in @ 513 (46hr doubling time). RE will have me repeat one more beta on Monday. They did say my TSH shot up from 1.7-3.7, which isn't uncommon during pregnancy, but doesn't usually happen this quickly. They increased my Levothyroxine dose. I'd love to get that number back down ASAP!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • ssandbergcapps42613 Congratulations and welcome to the group!

capps42613 what are TSH and Levothyroxine? I've had lots of blood tests and measurements, but I don't know details (they just say if they are ok). So I'm curious to learn some of the specifics.
  • TSH is thyroid stimulating hormone. Levothyroxine is a drug used to manage it. Hypothyroidism is when your thyroid is under active, meaning you don't produce enough thyroid hormone. The worry with fertility is if the level is higher than 2.0, you have a greater risk of miscarrying.
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Hi there just wanted to drop by! I see some familiar names here and would love to join y'all but idk if it's too early? I'm still treading lightly and patiently (not so much) waiting for my 3rd BETA. Some of u have been a great support system from the other boards so Ik it'll just continue!
    After Monday's (RISING) results I'll for sure join the fun!!! 
  • Welcome @PrayingMom2Be!! Of course you should join us here! I know we can't wait to hear how your test goes tomorrow!!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Fantastic numbers! Well done @prayingmom2be

• Woot woot @PrayingMom2Be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome!!! I can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes!!!!

AFM - I go in for my first OB appointment today. DH and I are going out to lunch as a bit of a celebration before the appointment starts at 2:30! It's going to be interesting to not see my RE for an appointment, and my usual ultrasound techs.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @PrayingMom2Be congrats!!! 

@AandDM2014 GL @ your first OB appt!! How exciting.

AFM- 3rd & final beta came in today @ 2,487 (21dpo). 1st u/s scheduled for next Wednesday!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @capps42613 Woah! Awesome number!!! How exciting that you get your first u/s next week!! (well obviously not first first, but first pregnancy u/s)
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• capps42613 Thanks for explaining TSH and Levothyroxine. Good luck at your US this week!
  • Thanks again everyone! I am so anxious for the first U/S that I wish it was tomorrow! 

@capps42613 u and I are toe to toe with BETAs and U/S! I was told as soon as next Wednesday as well but was given a later time (better for DH) for Thursday and with our regular RE so I picked that. 
    Cant wait for updates!! 

Hope everyone's Monday was good! 
  • Hi ladies, I'm going to jump on to this thread. I was part of the March FET group. It's great to be able to move on and to see some familiar people. I'm 7 weeks 3 days today. I had an ultrasound on Monday, baby's heart rate was at 140. My nurse asked me to schedule my last ultrasound and consult with RE later this week, but I have not done so yet. I have anxiety about leaving them so soon especially since I have a hematoma and am still spotting. I think I'm going to tell them I'm not available later this week and schedule for next week. Anyone else graduating soon?

congrats @PrayingMom2Be! That's a great beta.
  • Hi @Rachd110!!! You must have been early March to be so far along. What a great heartbeat your baby has! Yay!! I too have my last RE visit this Friday (at least I should, I'm still on meds, so not sure what the procedure will be until I get a call on Friday afternoon). I waited until after my second RE ultrasound before going to my hospital to let them know I was pregnant and schedule an OB exam. I was so very scared and nervous about taking that step (TW* last time I went and did that, the urine test came back negative and I ended up having a medically induce miscarriage). This time around I had to see the heartbeat twice before I could convince myself to go. I'm surprised you're leaving so early. My doc wanted me to hit the 10 week milestone before sending me off.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Hi @rachd110
    I just had my last (and first) check with my RE at 8 weeks. If it wasn't for a winterbreak I would have gone at 7 weeks.
    I actually have no problem with it, as I'll be in good hands and haven't been 'spoiled' with lots of check ups before. So I kinda have felt I was having a 'regular' pregnancy. 
    My bleeding has stopped at week 5 and I had a private check just after as I was visiting family. And to see the difference of size between 6 weeks and 8 weeks has calmed me down (as well as I hadn't had any bleeding after that)
    So that probably made it easier for me not to mind the switch.
    I may still contact my RE throughout my pregnancy if I'd have any questions. That also gives me comfort.

• Happy Hump day ladies!! 

So happy to read everyone's progress! DH and I just agreed to share the amazing news with my immediate family April 17th (it's our new years weekend so they think we're celebrating that) and not wait till end of May like originally planned. Only because they all have been praying, rooting and supporting us in starting a family so we felt it's only right they experience this time with us and God forbid if anything does happen between now and the birth that these same ppl will also be there praying for healing! Family in good and or bad right?
    DH felt the same way so we're too excited about sharing the news now and prayerfully RE will have nothing but good things to report at our first u/s on the 14th! 

Have a a great rest of the week! 
  • @PrayingMom2Be Oh my gosh, that wait is awful!!! 12 more days!?!?! How are you going to do it!? Ha, lol. I agree though that it is nice to have the support should something bad happen. I hope you get only happy reactions!

This Friday should be my last RE appointment  :'(. While I won't miss the outrageous prices that I pay, I will miss the personalized care and frequency of appointments.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Hi ladies! Was at work today when I saw red on my pantry liner. Instant panic. I'm 5 weeks 5 days. This is the first spotting I've had. I called my RE and he said it's totally normal, but I should bed rest until my first ultrasound on Monday. Of course it doesn't seem normal to me!

I've read about some of you also bleeding. Any encouraging words of wisdom? 
  • My encouraging words are: I'm still pregnant! 
    Frightning I know. But keep going strong. Take some rest. Watch movies you like. Let your DH spoil you rotten and on Monday you'll see your little snowflake with a heartbeat.
    Youve got this @ssandberg

• @ssandberg try not to freak out . I know that's so much easier said then done . I spotted AND bled with cramps a lot around week 5-6 and now I'm 8.5 weeks and I've seen my baby's heartbeat strong four times ! Spotting and bleeding is more common than I thought - especially with IVF . Take extra care of yourself . I talked to my baby . I know it sounds crazy but I actually would just lay in bed and talk to him or her . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Hi all! Hope all is well, been kinda quiet here. Thought I check in and see how everyone is doing? Today is the start of Lao new year for me and tomorrow is my first u/s so I'm praying for a great start to an amazing new year!! I won't lie, a little nervous but definitely excited to see my LO(nes)! 

Blessings and prayers!!! 
  • GL tomorrow @PrayingMom2Be

Today's US: 1 embryo & heartbeat detected. Measuring right on target at 6 wks + 3 days. RE did see a 2nd sac, but it was empty. Which means they probably both implanted but 1 stopped growing. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • So excited @prayingmom2be
    Will definitely be a good start of the new year!

Yay for seeing a heartbeat @capps42613, it's the best feeling I so far have had. Seeing it :smile: 
    How are you coping with the second sac? Are you doing ok? I would understand both ways. 

• @tvh1982 I was a bit bummed, but overall, I believe God doesn't give us what we can't handle. So I suppose it wasn't meant to be. My only fear now is that 5/6 of my eggs have officially crapped out on me, kinda afraid this one may too. BUT I'm keeping positive! Thanks for asking though :blush: 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16