September 2012 Moms
Options

Do I take DD to the Dr?

Sunday afternoon 103.4 fever that went down to 101.2 with Tylenol and motrin. Monday morning 103.4 again. Took a 4 hour nap. Woke with a 99.2. Didn't give any more meds after 8am. At bed she was up to 102.3. Hasn't eaten barely anything pushing as much fluids as possible. Still having wet diapers. Woke this am and she threw up some bile and a 99.8 temp.

Do I take her to the doctor? I have my 20w u/s and appt today and I'm 20w 5d so I can't push the u/s back. I can try and schedule around it and see if MIL can help. We are getting a storm tomorrow so I'd rather not take her in a snow storm but I can. Then obviously it's Thanksgiving.

What do you think? Sorry I'm a mess today. Hormones. Anniversary of my step dad's death. Ultrasound and dd sick. Ugh.

Re: Do I take DD to the Dr?

• Options
    I'm sorry about your step dad, those days are rough. And I'm sorry that you have a sick little girl. I would take her to the doctor since she still has a fever and it's been a few days. Good luck with your ultrasound and with G.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    My dr's office says if they've had a fever over 101 for more than 24 hours (or maybe it's 48 hours?), they like to see them.  And since the holidays are coming up (and not sure about your dr, but mine will be shutting down for a few days), I'd feel better just taking her in.  Good luck!
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    PenelopePondPenelopePond member
    edited November 2014
    Sean had similar symptoms last week.  I took him in, and it turns out he had an ear infection and viral infection.  They gave him antibiotics, and he was a different kid within hours.  He hasn't had another fever since the first dose.  It was definitely worth it to take him in, even though I hate it.

Sorry for all of your stress :(  I hope your appointment goes well today, and that Grace feels better.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    Sorry your plate is so full today :(. Another vote for taking her in, though. Jasper had the same sort of thing about a month ago, and he ended up having an ear infection also. Plus with the holidays coming up--- I'd way rather sit at the pedi's office today for a little while, than an urgent care for elevntybillion hours on Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    Waiting for the office to call me back. Hopefully soon. I need to leave in 30 minutes.
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd take her in.  Sickness always hits at the worst times :(  Sorry you and Grace are dealing with this!
  • Options
    They can get her in at noon. So ill have to come home and get her then go back. Just sucks because the offices are in the same building as my appointments.
  • Options
    Ugh, sorry you're having such a rough day.  Glad you could get her in.  With the holidays coming up, it will be better to know.  Usually when our kiddos have a fever for awhile, it ends up being an ear infection.  It could just be a virus, but at least you'll know.

Hope your u/s goes well!

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Options
    I'm sorry about your step dad :(

I would take her in.  You'll find yourself in a bind over Thanksgiving if you don't.  It's probably an ear infection :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options

ugh I wish I wasn't working so  could come down and help...I know it sounds creepy and I am a creepy person. :)

I would totally take her, just go you can get some answers and not possibly spend your turkey day in the ER with a sick baby.

I am here for moral support if you need me

• Options
    I would still take her to the walk-in. DD had similar symptoms from Thurs-the weekend a few weeks ago. When I took her that Monday, it was an ear infection and strep. I was so frustrated because when I called Thursday afternoon, they said it was probably a stomach virus that was going around.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    Glad your US looked good!
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    Glad to hear she is okay!  It sucks that you took her and it's just a virus doing its thing.... I feel like W's illnesses always fall on a Friday where we'll be stuck with an Urgent Care visit if we wait. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Glad to hear she is okay!  It sucks that you took her and it's just a virus doing its thing.... I feel like W's illnesses always fall on a Friday where we'll be stuck with an Urgent Care visit if we wait. 
    My MIL brought her to me and she there was no wait really so It worked fine. I figured if I didn't then we would be driving in a foot of snow...Or on thanksgiving or something...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"