June 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms go here...

Re: Weekly Randoms go here...

• Options
    @lunagrl79 - I hope you are able to get a good nights rest. It's always harder to stay positive when you're exhausted. You've obviously got this though, even being exhausted you've already plugged through some of the hardest days following a decision like that! I hope things keep falling into place for you and that you're able to get back to enjoying your pregnancy and the arrival of your LO! 

Also, I wouldn't have her invite them if you really don't want them there, especially if she talks to you like that!
  • Options
    @lunagrl79 I agree with PP that rest is definitely the priority for you right now. You're doing the best thing you can for you and your baby by getting out of an abusive and toxic relationship, and all of us are here to give you support, so vent away! And also, I have to agree with the other ladies...anyone who tells you to "get rid of it" is automatically NOT on the shower invite list.  And if that surprises them or pisses them off, they are seriously out of touch. Hugs to you, mama. Rest up and keep us updated on how you're doing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lunagrl79 Thanks for the update, I was thinking about you earlier. It's going to be a rough adjustment period, but keep your head up--you've absolutely done the right thing. If you don't want his family at the shower, don't invite them IMHO. Showers can be stressful under the best of circumstances and you need time to heal. You don't owe anyone but you and your sweet little one anything. You're very strong and I have a lot of respect for you. Vent away! Creepy internet hugs <3.
  • Options
    @lunagrl79 what everyone else just said. Stay strong!  It'll get better slowly, but it will get better. Do you have a family member or friend or two in town you could ask in advance to support you if you need to go into the hospital? Maybe if you've asked in advance and they say yes of course it won't feel so much like you're putting them out when you have to call at a random time. 

@sdLindenberg we are moving to San Diego! DH got the job offer! I owe you an email update but it's been just insane! Now I'm trying to work with a new realtor, apply for mortgages, plan our move, find new healthcare, plan baby stuff... But I'm looking forward to moving there and to having a mommy friend already!!
  • Options
    @lunagrl79 I hope you were able to get a good night of sleep last night. Just remember you are so strong and you have all of us here for you! I agree with PP's that you don't need the added stress of having his family around if they treat you like that. The shower is about YOU becoming a mother and you deserve for it to be a happy time not stress-filled. Sending hugs your way!
  • Options
    @lunagrl79 so many hugs are being sent your way. You are so incredibly strong!! 
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    crdocrdo member
    @lunagrl79: I'm sorry you've had such a hard week. Hang in there, mama. I agree with PPs that I wouldn't have shower invites sent to his family, especially if his mother would say such a horrible thing to you. The shower is about celebrating your baby with those that love you and the baby, period. 
  • Options
    WHERE ARE ALL THE RANDOMS COMING FROM????
    I'm not surprised. I think this will continue to happen as we get closer. Then we'll get random birth announcements.
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @lunagrl79  Hope you got some rest!  You can also take unisom to help you sleep.  I wouldn't invite his family.  I think you'll enjoy yourself more if they aren't there. 

• Options
    crdocrdo member
    @NicknShan: Have a wonderful time!! And I'm totally jealous  ;)
  • Options
    @NicknShan Have an awesome time!  I'm so jealous of your awesome vacationing
  • Options
    @nicknshan Have a great time!!
  • Options
    @NicknShan - Enjoy! Drink a few extra for the rest of us!
  • Options
    @lunagrl79 I hope you were able to get some sleep. Everything is easier when you're well rested. If the Benadryl didn't work for you I take Unisom, usually 1/4 or 1/2 tablet, and it works amazing. I wouldn't invite his side to your shower either. You don't need the added stress and toxic atmosphere they may provide. You've got this! 

@nicknshan have so much fun!! Enjoy this piña colodas! I love them and cannot wait to have a real one after the baby's born. 

• Options
    NicknShan said:
    Guys. I leave on vk tomorrow. For a week. I don't know how much TB time I will get for a while, but don't forget about me, K?

I will try and post "randomly" here and maybe brag with a few pics from Hawaii. 

Otherwise, know that I am OK, and sippin virgin Pina Coladas (sorry coconut haters) seaside looking like a beached whale for us all. A proud baby growing beached whale of course. :wink: 

Now. Off to finish laundry and packing. And I leave you all with this (hopefully it works):

I hate you and love you all at the same time.  Hope you guys have fun!

• Options
    Bye, @NicknShan have the BEST time!!!!!!!!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NicknShan- have so so much fun!!
  • Options
    dennyandleedennyandlee member
    edited March 2016
    Oh man! Have a great time @NicknShan !! I'm super jealous but I know you will have a great time!!  We will not forget about you.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Does anyone else get confused by how many weeks vs how many months pregnant you are? It can't just be me...can it?! I read different things all the time & I really have no idea. When people ask how far I am, I just tell them in weeks, but most people seem to want a different answer. Baby brain makes this conversion too difficult. 

I don't even touch the month issue.  No idea.  "28 weeks!"  Or "Due in about 3 months!"

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just stick with weeks, @DeePaddy24! That's how everything in PG is measured, so no sense in trying to figure it out :) I don't know why people would want a different answer. It's all the same. Weirdos!
  • Options
    NicknShan said:
    Guys. I leave on vk tomorrow. For a week. I don't know how much TB time I will get for a while, but don't forget about me, K?

I will try and post "randomly" here and maybe brag with a few pics from Hawaii. 

Otherwise, know that I am OK, and sippin virgin Pina Coladas (sorry coconut haters) seaside looking like a beached whale for us all. A proud baby growing beached whale of course. :wink: 

Now. Off to finish laundry and packing. And I leave you all with this (hopefully it works):

I am so jealous. Have fun! 
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Kballew10 said:
    Does anyone else get confused by how many weeks vs how many months pregnant you are? It can't just be me...can it?! I read different things all the time & I really have no idea. When people ask how far I am, I just tell them in weeks, but most people seem to want a different answer. Baby brain makes this conversion too difficult. 

I actually looked this up on google because I know my coworkers don't think in weeks, but they ALL ask how far along I am. Math is the only thing I was ever good at and... nope, not happening right now.

*It may not agree with the bump, but it's close enough!
    Thanks for the conversion! This chart is funny for me to look at because I feel 28 weeks pregnant, but I don't feel 7 months pregnant.  That makes it feel like June will be here much sooner!
  • Options
    crdo said:
    Kballew10 said:

I actually looked this up on google because I know my coworkers don't think in weeks, but they ALL ask how far along I am. Math is the only thing I was ever good at and... nope, not happening right now.

Thanks for the conversion! This chart is funny for me to look at because I feel 28 weeks pregnant, but I don't feel 7 months pregnant.  That makes it feel like June will be here much sooner!
    Anyone else having palpitations looking at this chart? 
    yuuuuppp.  when did we hit 7 freaking months (or nearly 8 for those at the beginning of the month!)?  I feel like this is dragging on but going so fast at the same time.  
  • Options
    @NicknShan have the best time in Hawaii!!!!!!   

@lunagrl79 hope you had a restful night sleep. My momma always told me "don't let others rent space in your head" work on you right now and your baby. Forget the rest it's what is the most important thing right now !!!! :) were all here for you. 
  • Options
    Lilwatz said:
    crdo said:
    crdo said:
    Kballew10 said:

Anyone else having palpitations looking at this chart? 
    yuuuuppp.  when did we hit 7 freaking months (or nearly 8 for those at the beginning of the month!)?  I feel like this is dragging on but going so fast at the same time.  
    Exactly. Feels like this weirdly modulated time-space zone where I bounce from feeling like we have forever left to feeling like the baby will be here tomorrow. Stop messing with my brain, pregnancy-time!
    To freak you out even more...my daughter came at 36 weeks last time!  They can even cut into your remaining time left without even asking!!!!!  4 weeks of prep.  POOF!  Gone.
    That was my dream last night!  I delivered the baby (a girl, in the dream - we're team green) at like 28 weeks in about 5 seconds at home (clearly, there wasn't time to drive to a hospital) and H wasn't home and I was mad that he missed it all.  Then we couldn't pick a name.

Maybe this is all due to the intense feeling that THERE IS SO MUCH LEFT TO DO!  And my fear that with H working 1.5 hours away, he will miss the delivery... and we haven't picked a name.  All my baby fears in one dream.  Damn mind.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NicknShan please have a pina colada for this coconut lover & have a wonderful babymoon!! Don't forget your DEET!! 

@lunagrl79 my thoughts are with you, you're doing the right thing for yourself and for your baby girl, don't let that type of negativity into your shower. It is a celebration day and should be treated as such... they have no right to talk to you that way and I wouldn't expose myself to that stress and anxiety of having them around. Hugs to you! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"