June 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms go here...

Re: Weekly Randoms go here...

• Options
    I've officially reached the point in my pregnancy where I am over the 2 hour drive to my doctors appointments.  But I still have so many left... 

2 hours!? I have to drive 45 minutes for mine and I want to stomp my feet and cry every time. NOT looking forward to a 45 minute drive to the hospital when I'm in labor.

Do you have to drive 2 hours to deliver too!?
  • Options
    fishwife799fishwife799 member
    edited March 2016
    I've officially reached the point in my pregnancy where I am over the 2 hour drive to my doctors appointments.  But I still have so many left... 

2 hours!? I have to drive 45 minutes for mine and I want to stomp my feet and cry every time. NOT looking forward to a 45 minute drive to the hospital when I'm in labor.

Do you have to drive 2 hours to deliver too!?
    I do. First off because I live in a remote area and health care in our town is not "ideal". Plus I had a c-section with my daughter and wanted a VBAC delivery for my second. The closest hospital that allows them was the one I delivered my son at and will again this time. To be honest though even if I was scheduling another surgery and not attempting another vbac I would still chose my doctor. She is amazing and I have so much confidence and faith in her. 

We got lucky with our son and on the way to our scheduled induction my water broke about 30 min before we arrived and the induction wasn't necessary. I'm hoping we can catch things just right this time too. My labor with him was a short 6 hours and only 3 from when my water broke so the 2 hour drive really scares me this time. 

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    crdo said:
    Solicitors follow-up question:

I've found a small, tasteful "No Solicitations" sign I'm thisclose to ordering for my front door. Do any of you ladies use one, and do you find it effective? Basically, I don't want to waste my money if these a-holes are still going to ring my doorbell to sell me pest control, encyclopedias for my cat, or some equally useless sh*t.
    We have one and I never have a problem with solicitations. My perspective might be influenced by not being at home during the day though.
  • Options
    Today I found out that the hospital I plan to deliver at does both a golden 2 hours in which it's just me, the babe and H and medical staff obviously after delivery pending everything is okay. They also do a "quiet hour" (1:00 - 2:30pm) in which no visitors are allowed and no medical staff is permitted in unless necessary. They dim the lights and just let the new parents and baby chill out and nap or whatever.

So it's nice to know I don't have to be the bad guy and kick people out/not let them ALL of the time. But never fear! I'm sure I'll find some other way to offend people for not considering them while I'm laboring or trying to rest afterward...
    Mine does this, too! Though we get 1 hour right after birth (I'm sure they'd extend it if I asked), & quiet hours from 2-4:30. If we time it right (haha), we could get lots of time alone. I love that hospitals do this now! 

You're right, though...I'm sure you're wrong in wanting that time. How selfish! ;) 
    Me: 30 || DH: 32
    Married: May 3, 2014 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

SaveSave
  • Options
    crdocrdo member

kwife15 said:
    crdo said:
    Solicitors follow-up question:

I've found a small, tasteful "No Solicitations" sign I'm thisclose to ordering for my front door. Do any of you ladies use one, and do you find it effective? Basically, I don't want to waste my money if these a-holes are still going to ring my doorbell to sell me pest control, encyclopedias for my cat, or some equally useless sh*t.
    We have one and I never have a problem with solicitations. My perspective might be influenced by not being at home during the day though.
    Nice--I generally telework, so I'll let my German Shepherd go all police-dog "answering" the door if I'm working. Once in a while I'll crack the door, and I usually regret it. Ugh. Sign it is.
  • Options
    crdocrdo member

Got a question: does anyone else feel like they are having BHs after eating a meal? I can't tell if it's LO fighting for room with my stomach or actual contractions. Sometimes the whole stomach is hard so I would think it is, but then that would mean I just had like 6 in a row. That seems unlikely. 
    Maybe? I think I'm on the same boat as you. I can't always tell what's BH and what isn't. Sometimes I just feel a portion of my ute harden, which seems to usually be around the shape of the baby. Other times, it's a definite BH when my whole ute hardens. Maybe there's a pattern after meals? I guess my point is that you're not alone in wondering.
  • Options
    @ahernandez1
    @
    DeePaddy246

I was just thinking about how excited I am to firmly establish that I will have NO visitors after my c-section and then, also, it looks like "DH" will pick up DS from school and take him home for the night every night- so just me in the hospital this time with tiny baby! What a special time. Now I'm going to call it the Golden Nights!
  • Options
    I can't read the UO thread anymore because of the people who supposedly agree with the UO of hating people who spoiling shows like to spoil shows. Wtf..,
  • Options
    I can't read the UO thread anymore because of the people who supposedly agree with the UO of hating people who spoiling shows like to spoil shows. Wtf..,

I like to talk about shows after I watch them. I'd be fine with discussing them online, even. I just think if you're going to post something that would ruin the whole show within less than a week of it airing you should warn people with a simple SPOILER ALERT before you start typing. I'm pretty sure that's what most of those responses were referring to, or at least I hope so.
  • Options

STUCK!!!! 

I called one of them on it. She hadn't responded last I checked. 

• Options
    crdo said:

Got a question: does anyone else feel like they are having BHs after eating a meal? I can't tell if it's LO fighting for room with my stomach or actual contractions. Sometimes the whole stomach is hard so I would think it is, but then that would mean I just had like 6 in a row. That seems unlikely. 
    Maybe? I think I'm on the same boat as you. I can't always tell what's BH and what isn't. Sometimes I just feel a portion of my ute harden, which seems to usually be around the shape of the baby. Other times, it's a definite BH when my whole ute hardens. Maybe there's a pattern after meals? I guess my point is that you're not alone in wondering.
    I love not being alone! :)
  • Options
    @DeePaddy24 - You are a stronger/more tolerant woman than me.  I would have punched him in the face.  My coworkers today have done far less and I'm about 1 stupid email away from freaking the f*ck out.  Pregnant rage monster - Party of 1.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    NicknShan said:
    I am one that puts on a lot of weight during pregnancy.  And since there are so many people out there that brag about their 9lb gain, for all the big gainers out there, I am 30 weeks and up 32 pounds.  My doctor isn't concerned about it.  She knows I am healthy, active, no GD, low blood pressure.... etc...

Today she said, "Putting on weight girl!!! <<I pause waiting for a lecture>>  And you look fabulous!!!  You are so cute.  By the way, you are measuring over 31 weeks.  Another big boy for you!"

She was so excited.  And it was such a relief to hear her tell me those things.
    Omg can I have your dr?? Lol.

My dr was concerned with my weight (for a split second) before he realized my pre-pregnancy weight was my ridiculous wedding diet weight, and I got a mini lecture about keep up with exercise and stuff. The NP though, she is amazing (and I've actually seen her more than I've seen my ob). She never once thought I was gaining too much or too fast, and actually commented on how I was carrying so well. I'm also measuring a little bit ahead, but we will see.

I hate the humble braggers because it makes those of us who have gained a lot feel bad.
    SO much of all this.  My doctor told me "try to keep it at 1 lb a week from here on out"...as I gained 3lb this week (and 2 the week before and 3 the week before, etc., etc.).  I shudder to think where I would be if I wasn't eating relatively healthy and working out 3-4 times a week.   
  • Options
    NicknShan said:
    I am one that puts on a lot of weight during pregnancy.  And since there are so many people out there that brag about their 9lb gain, for all the big gainers out there, I am 30 weeks and up 32 pounds.  My doctor isn't concerned about it.  She knows I am healthy, active, no GD, low blood pressure.... etc...

Today she said, "Putting on weight girl!!! <<I pause waiting for a lecture>>  And you look fabulous!!!  You are so cute.  By the way, you are measuring over 31 weeks.  Another big boy for you!"

WHY ARE THE BOXES GIVING ME SO MUCH TROUBLE TODAY???? 

Sounds like you have a damn good doctor there. I think way too much focus is put on weight gain during pregnancy. Good for her for encouraging you to be healthy!

• Options
    NicknShan said:

I gained over 80 lbs when I was pregnant with my daughter.  My OB made a few comments at the end about making sure I was eating what I should be, but that was it.  
    This time I'm 29 weeks and up around 30 (I don't know my exact weight).  I really struggled losing the weight after my daughter and started some ED behavior, so I started seeing a dietitian to hold myself accountable.  She's said nothing but positive things about the weight I've gained this pregnancy and has even told me to make sure I eat a few milkshakes every week (I have issues with a lot of dairy (it's a texture thing)).  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • Options
    Decided to stop for some ice cream on my drive home from the doc. Worth it! 
    I knew we were soul mates for a reason. Mint chip is my FAVE!!!
  • Options
    I need mint chocolate chip ice cream!!!! Thank you @fishwife799 that looks amazingly delicious!
  • Options
    @fishwife799 - that picture was just what I needed to get me through the blood draw for my glucose test because you best believe I'll be going for ice cream right after this! Let's just hope I make it through the blood draw without fainting!
  • Options
    I just got a wedding invite in the mail for DH's cousin, but it specifies that children under 12 are not welcome. We were planning to go and it was supposed to be our vacation this year :( but it's in another province and I can't just ditch my toddler and a newborn nursing baby with some rando off Craigslist in a strange city. Goddammit I'm so bummed now.
  • Options

STUCK!!!! 

I called one of them on it. She hadn't responded last I checked. 
    Can I just confirm we aren't talking about me?  :o
  • Options
    @HBamama2B I thinks she was referring to the random
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:

It is my personal hypothesis that the humble braggers (who often talk about having eaten whatever crap they like and not exercising), actually haven't gained much in large part Bc the relaxin is causing them to lose muscle mass. Whereas both you ladies are actively focused on staying fit and maintaining power. Muscle tissue weighs way more than fat tissue, so sure, humble braggers, sit on your skinny floppy ass and you'll lose muscle so overall gain will be good and you'll have zero stamina for birth. Great plan! ;) 

Honest truth: My weight gain would probably be much higher if I were as active as I should be, so ladies, you rock.
    I'm a "big gains" type of lady over here for this pregnancy, too, and I like this theory. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    sdnybrk1 said:
    @HBamama2B I thinks she was referring to the random
    Thanks. I was having one of 'those moments,' trying to scroll and see if I was the whodunnit. I was mentally preparing my meaculpa which would consist mainly of scouring the planet for the most perfect hot dish recipe ever devised and gifting it to my bumpies.
  • Options
    @HBMama2B I wasn't referring to you at all! I was talking about the girl that mentioned a specific character. Come on lady. Not everyone is caught up on everything! 

• Options
    HBamama2B said:

It is my personal hypothesis that the humble braggers (who often talk about having eaten whatever crap they like and not exercising), actually haven't gained much in large part Bc the relaxin is causing them to lose muscle mass. Whereas both you ladies are actively focused on staying fit and maintaining power. Muscle tissue weighs way more than fat tissue, so sure, humble braggers, sit on your skinny floppy ass and you'll lose muscle so overall gain will be good and you'll have zero stamina for birth. Great plan! ;) 

Honest truth: My weight gain would probably be much higher if I were as active as I should be, so ladies, you rock.
    I'm a "big gains" type of lady over here for this pregnancy, too, and I like this theory. 
    Big gainer here too!! 70 with my first. 60 with my second. This one I'm trying to keep it lower. I'm at 20lbs at 28 weeks and it feels like I'm still on the big end just based on most of weight posts I see on the Bump. I wish more
    big gainers would speak up! It's OK TO GAIN WEIGHT!!!!!
  • Options
    HBamama2B said:

NicknShan said:

Omg can I have your dr?? Lol.

My dr was concerned with my weight (for a split second) before he realized my pre-pregnancy weight was my ridiculous wedding diet weight, and I got a mini lecture about keep up with exercise and stuff. The NP though, she is amazing (and I've actually seen her more than I've seen my ob). She never once thought I was gaining too much or too fast, and actually commented on how I was carrying so well. I'm also measuring a little bit ahead, but we will see.

I hate the humble braggers because it makes those of us who have gained a lot feel bad.

I am not usually a very athletic person. I stay active-ish and make an effort not to be sedentary. I really wanted to make sure I kept active during pregnancy and then at 20 weeks I got put on bed rest. Ticked me off because baby was good motivation to keep at it. Now I'm part of the floppy ass club! I eat whatever crap I want because it's how I console myself now lol. I like to joke with H that my ass hasn't gotten bigger, it's just... lower. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"