November 2016 Moms

*Introduce Yourself Here*

Re: *Introduce Yourself Here*

• Loading the player...
  • @tvh1982 It is so great to be on this board together :) I still could not decide when I should tell my Mom, I am hoping that it will feel more `real` after I start to tell people.
  • edited March 2016
    Can someone add me To the spreadsheet?  I tried but I'll claim old age (37).  This is Baby # 3, currently due 11/2.  
    Me: 1979 * Husband: 1976 * Little girl: 2010 * Little guy: 2013 * MMC: 2016 * Last baby: EDD 2/11/17!  
  • Hello, its my first pregnancy and I'm pretty nervous. 
    My first appointment is Monday! 
    I have a few questions as to what will be taking place at the doctors. 
    First,will I be getting a due date ? 
    Secondly, will I get an ultrasound? 
    And thirdly, should I start rakog prenatal vitamins or wait until after the appointment?
  • Hi @alysiaaa, I can not answer the first two questions, as I am pretty clueless myself.
    But about prenatal vitamins; yes take them!
    GL to you on monday!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Hello @ZoeFer lovely to see you here too :smiley: 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @Alysiaaa - All doctors do things a little differently.  Do you have an idea of your due date?  Most doctors will give you a general due date based off the first day of your last period.  

Usually the first appointment is just an introductory appointment, possibly with some blood drawn.  It is possible the doctor will have an ultrasound machine in the room and do one, but I would assume not. 

For me I've always been set up for another ultrasound appointment around 8 or 9 weeks - they then give a more accurate due date based off the size.  But I know some places don't do an ultrasound until 20 weeks.  It's rare I think, though. Yes, you should definitely be taking prenatal vitamins now.  They usually stay down better if you take one right before bed. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @Alysiaaa  My doctor does a transvaginal ultrasound at the first appointment. He's then able to give me a more exact due date based on the measurements. As far as vitamins, yes absolutely!

congrats :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • FirePoppy said:
    Hi all! So excited to join you :smile: I'm 31 and DW is 28, we're due on November 20. Also, a bit of background--my spouse and I did at-home ici with a known donor.
    @FirePoppy - Welcome!!!
    Me: 1979 * Husband: 1976 * Little girl: 2010 * Little guy: 2013 * MMC: 2016 * Last baby: EDD 2/11/17!  
  • lr407603 said:
    Hello!  EDD is Nov 9;  My husband and I had a CP miscarry at 6 weeks in December so it's hard to stay excited as I'm constanly worrying about something going wrong.  Last time the lines stayed very light but this time they have progressed to darker than the control line so hopefully everything continues in a positive direction!
    Welcome! A lot of mamas here have unfortunately miscarried in the past ( myself included) so you'll have lots of people who can understand your emotions. 
  • Was moved our Nov14 babies to facebook, and I do enjoy that we still chat there. I'm looking forward to making new friendships!
  • Was moved our Nov14 babies to facebook, and I do enjoy that we still chat there. I'm looking forward to making new friendships!