July 2016 Moms
Options

Week of 2/29 Randoms

1235»

Re: Week of 2/29 Randoms

• Options
    That's actually a pretty mature, yet snarky way to word it. Thanks @PugsandKisses
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Any walking dead fans? That last episode was crazy! 
    Just watched it!!!! Oh man I was tense the whole time. I knew it couldn't be that easy, can't wait for next week!
  • Options
    @jennyleigh16 I know! I kept telling DH I was on the verge of a panic attack the whole episode.
  • Options
    With our DS and DD, my husband stayed the whole time. We packed his clean clothes/toiletries in my bag. I'm sure he will stay the whole time with this one too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone have any experience with simplybabyfurniture.com ?
    we were wanting to buy the crib/dresser/changing table all together but we have nowhere locally that sells nursery furniture. 
  • Options
    My random is that I really want a pet crab, I think about it too often. Preferably the one from the stabby crabby video (YouTube it, seriously you will not regret it). That is all today. 
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 are you sure you don't want a giant spider? The HP gif is from when Harry is talking about spiders :)
    I've been on a HP binge, forgive me. 
  • Options
    @benten24 no, I definitely want a crab, in the gif he's talking about the giant pincers and the motion reminds me of a crab, because that's the cutest thing about crabs. 
  • Options
    Where are all these annoying new people coming from that can't lurk and learn the board and then cry and complain when corrected ?! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Options
    Where are all these annoying new people coming from that can't lurk and learn the board and then cry and complain when corrected ?! 
    Hey don't complain it's giving me entertainment :-P haha
  • Options
    Has anyone found maternity tights that stay up?  I feel like I keep having tights hanging below my bum. It's awesome. 
  • Options
    Yes! My clinic is closing at lunch for a meeting. Since it nothing to do with medical stuff, I am not needed.

So I get to go home early!
  • Options
    Weville said:
    Has anyone found maternity tights that stay up?  I feel like I keep having tights hanging below my bum. It's awesome. 
     I picked up some of the Assets maternity tights and they're fantastic! 
  • Options
    @Weville I just buy regular tights 1-2 sizes bigger than normal. They're WAY cheaper than maternity tights or hose too.
  • Options
    Weville said:
    I like the ones from Thyme. They are kind of expensive but I find worth it. 
  • Options
    My random is that yesterday was Monday but I am too lazy to start a new randoms thread for this week so I will just let it bug me. Haha.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hey tall mommas, any one able to find maternity jeans that are long enough and for a good price? 
  • Options
    avanderl said:
    Hey tall mommas, any one able to find maternity jeans that are long enough and for a good price? 
    Unfortunately, no. I'm just wearing these pants until I think it's suitable to start wearing dresses and skirts. The maternity jeans I have now were from my first pregnancy and I found them at a store called "Burlington Coat Factory" and it is literally hit or miss there. These babies (my pants, ha!) will fall apart before long but thank goodness for warm weather being right around the corner.
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    edited March 2016
    avanderl said:
    I have managed to buy 3 maternity tops. That's it, that's all that's available in my town, that looks decent. If you find any kind of pants be very thankful :wink: 

Does anyone else seem to have the problem with other women telling them what they should and shouldn't do regarding giving birth? I plan on having an epidural and anything else I can get given during the birth. I really don't understand why the older women in work keep insisting that I have a natural birth. I think I know my pain tolerance a bit better then them. I honestly can't remember how many times I said that I didn't want to go natural. You would think that them having went through the motions themselves that they wouldn't try and convince others of what to do during labour. Very frustrating, it was so hard to keep the snark out of the conversation. It might not be so easy next time :neutral: 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @LF93 Everyone thinks they know better and they'll tell you so. The thing is, YOU are the one giving birth. If you want an epidural, get one! Anyone else's opinion means zilch. I thought my pain tolerance was high, too. Labor is no joke. Do what you need to do!
  • Options

@LF93 I went to a family get-together two weeks ago and made the mistake of telling folks some of the plans I had around the birth.  I (maybe naively!) plan to go med-free - but not without weeks and weeks of hypnobirthing practice. I'm also considering using a birthing center inside of a hospital that lets you labor in a tub.  Boy, did the ladies in my family have a tons of opinions on that... Some comments were "ugh, birthing in a tub? I would never do that, you're going to get an infection!" (myth!) And also since I said "birthing center" that immediately triggered a conversation of disgust amongst my relatives about how dangerous it is to birth at home without being in a hospital (which is not at all what I'm doing!).   

So basically my lesson learned is that when folks ask me about my birth plans, to be as vague and non-specific as possible, because it just invites too many unwanted although well-meaning comments.  That is, unless I'm having a conversation with someone who I know genuinely wants to listen with an open mind and is actually really interested!
  • Options
    @LF93 I don't know why people feel compelled to tell people how they should labor their babies. Everyone is different, every experience is different and sometimes you don't know what you want until you're in the moment yourself. Good for you for keeping it diplomatic but I would give them all the snark!

• Options
    @LF93 That's really dumb. I mean, I want a med-free birth in a birthing center, maybe with a tub, but only because I feel that it's right for ME. If someone wanted to talk to me about it, I'd be interested in explaining why, but the fact that you want an epidural sounds great to me. It's what YOU want and what makes YOU comfortable, so I think it's totally the right thing for you.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Pregnancy Ticker