Week of 2/29 Randoms

Re: Week of 2/29 Randoms

• Options
    feel better @maddmama !!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @betheliz that was pretty ballsy! Before these pregnancy hormones got hold on me, I probably would have been the jerk to make some crappy comments about being stuffed with donuts not a human lol

But now (I blame the pregnancy hormones and the fact that I am visably pregnant to the world lol) I usually am just amused that the rest of the world notices my son's existence  (then again most everything that has been said to me was sweet/bubbly/excited and very few people say anything).

No one (with the exception of DH and SIL, whom I am super close with) has had enough balls to try to touch my belly. My friend says it's because how I look (that I'm "intimidating" :joy: I don't think I am lol). So I am enjoying that while it lasts (I'm fine with people I know trying to feel him move, I will spaz of people I don't know trying to touch me lol)

• Options
    Aw @maddmama I'm sorry you had to go through that without your hubby, but I'm glad you got medicine! UTIs are the devil!
  • Options
    @breanneestafford1 I feel connected to the baby, but my focus has shifted in the last few weeks to everything I don't like about pregnancy, my changing body, what I'm going to look like after this, labor/delivery fears and fears about life after baby. I've been hoping my A/S (in almost two weeks) will shift my focus back to the baby. I'm glad yours did!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    My deodorant seems to have stopped working.  And I was already using clinical strength.  
    09/12/14 BFP (EDD 5/15/15) 
    10/06/14 US #1 showing baby at 6W1D w/ no HB (rather than 8W4D)
    10/13/14 US #2 confirming miscarriage 
    10/28/14   800mg oral cytotec (very good experience)  

• Options
    ellou05 said:
    My deodorant seems to have stopped working.  And I was already using clinical strength.  
    Haha same here! My pits stinkkkkk by the end of the day. 
  • Options
    @pinkpenguin32 I could take it or leave it - it's not incredible, and I don't feel sexy when my stomach is sitting on top of his, but it does make me feel closer to him and afterwards I'm glad we did it. I'm with @noelietrex - morning fun time is where it's at... especially because my bump is smallest in the morning. 5:30 is early, but it's a nice way to start the day, and if you have time, I always enjoy dozing afterwards.

@sboston06 Have a fantastic babymoon!! I've always wanted to go to the UK... someday!

@pandaferh I know it's still pretty cold out, but maybe buzz cut is the answer?
  • Options
    @CarrieandRoy I totally get it. sending creepy internet hugs and positive vibes for your A/S, It will be amazing :) 
  • Options
    a few weeks ago people were posting about Jared Padalecki and I had no clue who he was. This week I started watching Gilmore Girls (I'm still on season 1) and I googled "Dean from Gilmore Girls grown up" um hello! He is hot! ;) I'm like 10 years late on that one. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Kellyj103 Jared Padalecki grown up would be Sam Winchester from Supernatural. Something like ten seasons of his hotness. But honestly, up against Dean Winchester, meh. 
  • Options
    @pandaferh oooh... what am I doing binging on Gilmore Girls, sounds like there is another show I need to be watching!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @pandaferh I totally had a dream with Dean Winchester two nights ago... didn't want to wake up!! *swoon*
  • Options
    Random: does anyone else feel like their bump disappears sometimes? At night I feel like my belly is huge. In the mornings after I pee I feel like it's so tiny you can barely tell I'm pregnant. I'm 22 weeks. Anyone else?
  • Options
    @ashleighhughes  yes. its so weird. I think I confuse people. They will see me one day and I will look much more pregnant then I do another day. I am 20 weeks.
  • Options
    Random: does anyone else feel like their bump disappears sometimes? At night I feel like my belly is huge. In the mornings after I pee I feel like it's so tiny you can barely tell I'm pregnant. I'm 22 weeks. Anyone else?
    I read that as "bum" not bump. I was very confused. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    I have a TDAP related random- I am planning to get my booster in the third trimester and my husband will get one before the baby comes. I was thinking I might ask if the people visiting the baby early on are up to date, but I don't know how far to take that before I'm being crazy. People who are staying for more than a few days? All people? Are you guys planning on asking people to be up to date on TDAP before handling your babies? 

• Options
    @elenabrent personally, myself and hubs and his parents are the only ones I have required to get the booster. In our case, those are the only ones who will be consistently around our baby though.

FIL didn't complain and agreed without hesitation as well as hubs when I explained that they would need the shot. I did not tell MiL personally so I don't know how she reacted. Anyone who truly cares about the safety of your newborn should react similarly. Its a perfectly reasonable safety expectation. I can't answer the question as to when it becomes ridiculous. 
  • Options

Had my A/S today and we were able to remain Team Green! (I was SO worried that the tech would slip or we'd see) During follow-up, the doctor asked if anyone in our family has a tiny head. Then added that she wants to do a growth check ultrasound at our next appointment. WTF?
    Asked if the nurse could call after my appointment because of course you think of questions after you leave the room. Turns out baby is in the lower 10th percentile for growth and they want to make sure that baby keeps growing evenly or gets bigger in 4 weeks...Doc could have said that! Geez! Growth was probably stunted a little when I didn't eat for like 3 days with the flu...

How is everyone else doing this fine day? Happy Friday, Bumpies :)

• Options
    Question- Looks like some of you have already had invites sent for your shower. Whats the proper timeline for sending them out? My shower is May 7...Everyone is local so it should be easy. My younger sister is throwing it and I really have no clue as far as a timeline...
  • Options
    @elenabrent I've asked my entire immediate family. We all live within ten minutes of each other so I know they'll be around often. Surprisingly enough no one gave me any hassle when I asked them. They were all very supportive. I agree with @pandaferh that it's not an outrageous expectation. That said, anyone who will be staying at your place for sure, and anyone who would be around consistently - absolutely. 
  • Options
    @theshannondee I think mine went out a month before, which seemed perfect to me.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mamafox14mamafox14 member
    edited March 2016
    @elenabrent I told my roommates, immediate family, in laws etc to make sure they are up to date and if not they need a booster. I didn't really present it as a question, more of a statement which left little room for discussion. My other close friends that will want to visit are public health nerds like myself and very pro vaccination so they are easy haha. I don't think it's unreasonable whatsoever, especially if you put it out there now. "Hey, just a heads up, we are planning to get our tdap booster shots soon and wanted to make sure everyone else is up to date before baby gets here! Thanks!" 
  • Options
    Question- Looks like some of you have already had invites sent for your shower. Whats the proper timeline for sending them out? My shower is May 7...Everyone is local so it should be easy. My younger sister is throwing it and I really have no clue as far as a timeline...
    I think 4-6 weeks is enough notice, especially if everyone is local!
  • Options
    @elenabrent I think we'll probably try to get most of our immediate family to get the shot. My sister and I are both pregnant, so we'll probably just have our parents and three brothers all go at once. I'll have to have my husband bring it up with his family. 

I don't think I'll be too strict about not letting people near the baby who haven't had it, but more cautious. I just want to be comfortable with the people who will be around him all the time. 
  • Options
    @elenabrent My husband, mom and brother are all getting it, I figure they are the people I spend my time with
  • Options
    @elenabrent When I was pregnant with DS I asked my parents and MIL to get it.  No one argued or made any comments.  I would have pushed it if they did though, especially since there was a pertussis outbreak in our area just before DS was born.
  • Options
    My shower invites went out today, shower is April 16 (it's out of state for us only-guests are local to it, so I wanted to do it before 32 weeks). Again, because we're in FL we figured a lot of people might not assume we'd have a shower in IL, so we wanted to get dates on calendars early. RSVP date for it isn't until a week before it or something.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a TDAP related random- I am planning to get my booster in the third trimester and my husband will get one before the baby comes. I was thinking I might ask if the people visiting the baby early on are up to date, but I don't know how far to take that before I'm being crazy. People who are staying for more than a few days? All people? Are you guys planning on asking people to be up to date on TDAP before handling your babies? 
    My husband (obv.) and my parents and brother. They are the only people who are close enough that we'll see all the time once the baby is born. Everyone else, both friends and family, won't be around nearly as much.. 
  • Options
    So it's been a few days and I'm still pissed at my mother over the sushi thing. I thought I'd cool off, but not yet. The reasons:
     1.My mother swears her doctor told her not to give up her 2 pack a day habit or her 2 pot of coffee a day habit after a 30 week and 18 week loss, to see if not making changes would help her stay pregnant the next time. Six years ago. 
     2.My mother provided my sister with Lortab during pregnancy in exchange for house cleaning. 
     3.My mother did not say a word to my sister about her pack a day habit during pregnancy and encouraged her to have a 10 oz 'glass of wine' as often as she liked. She had one in her hand before her baby shower! 

This is the woman who dared insinuate that I would harm my pregnancy that I fought for for nearly a damned decade because I couldn't not eat a thing for a few months that would 'kill my baby.' I have stopped a lot of behaviors because of pregnancy and the one that kills me most is switching from freaking Advil. I have the self control to stop harmful behaviors. I also have the intelligence to research why something is considered harmful and make a decision on my own. 

***I was not aware of drug use until after said pregnancy or I would have reported the hell out of it. Also, no she will not be around my child. She lives across the country and I do not visit. 
  • Options
    So my Mom got my name off the movie Steel Magnolias and she always said it was perfect because she thinks I act like her. Well, watching it with DH right now and in the movie she has a boy... In July! I'm having a boy and (obviously) due in July. I had to text my Mom right away haha such a coincidence! 
  • Options
    @pandaferh Your mom sounds like a real piece of work. I'm sorry she's put you through so much and now feels righteous enough to lecture you about sushi. I wish I had good advice to give you but if it were me I would throw that history back in her face and tell her to shut it. But I'm not good at "productive conflicts" (gotta love therapists) so probably not a solution.