Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • MrsDho11 said:
    This thread...

Sincerely,
    A Feminist, Engineering Degree-Having, SAHW and Ally.
    Yay for engineers!! 
  • juliehollz13juliehollz13 member
    edited February 2016
    antoto said:

antoto said:
    After looking into all the research and facts I think cloth diapering is dumb.  It isn't any better for the environment.  And while it is less expensive, I like to think my time and energy isn't worthless and it just isn't worth attaching a poop sprayer to my toilet, spending hours washing, re washing, air drying a bunch of diapers.  

Nope.  I plan on using disposables.  Thanks.
    The good part about cloth diapering is that if done properly the child will be potty trained by 12-15 months Vs. 3 years. Everyone in my family was cloth diapered, I was potty trained by 9 months *swells with pride*...lol
    And you know this...how?  I mean seriously...unless you have studies or something to back this up, it sounds like you're going off a limited number of anecdotes as opposed to  actual data.

@slass42, I don't think you understand what feminism is.  Because it part it is absolutely that if you, sLass want to stay home, make home-cooked meals and not drive, you, sLass can do that but I, Owl, can work and use daycare. And for the record, a lot of working moms don't do take out on the regular. Feminism just means that you don't believe men are inherently worth more than women and deserve the same rights and opportunities, if they want to pursue them. It doesn't mean you don't acknowledge actual differences between the sexes, just that those differences don't make one sex superior to the other.

Also, BTW, most 50s housewives drove... 

*quote box fail* Uh, I don't think you need "studies to back it up" when everyone you know was cloth diapered and potty trained by the same time you were. I was raised in Russia and we didnt get diapers imported until mid 90's.....so I guess if you call the population of Russia a "limited number" then my argument is invalid. American's are so obsessed with "data" that they will ignore any real life examples or lessons because it's not published in a nationally publicized magazine or website
    I mean your specific set of friends or your specific neighborhood or even city is not necessarily representative of the rest of the world.  But hey I do enjoy the stereotype that Americans enjoy well conducted studies and data.  That's definitely better than fat and dumb. 
    * Removed for TOU Violation *
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• My UO. I hate it when people complain about our society being "too PC" or "too sensitive ". What you're really saying is " I don't like that people are calling me out for being racist/classist/sexist/an asshole" it's right up there with people confusing freedom of speech with freedom from consequences of what they say. 
    So my opinion that our society has become so involved with catering to every demand regardless of merit or consequence, makes me a racist, classist, asshole? Seriously?  What a stupid response. 
    TTC #2- November 2015

• @BerkeBaby , my comment was referring to school aged children, not grown adults.  At that age, if a child feels uncomfortable using the bathroom for their specific sex, then they should have access to a unisex bathroom.  That was my point.  
    TTC #2- November 2015

• antoto said:
    My UO. I hate it when people complain about our society being "too PC" or "too sensitive ". What you're really saying is " I don't like that people are calling me out for being racist/classist/sexist/an asshole" it's right up there with people confusing freedom of speech with freedom from consequences of what they say. 
    So my opinion that our society has become so involved with catering to every demand regardless of merit or consequence, makes me a racist, classist, asshole? Seriously?  What a stupid response. 
    I mean... it might.  Depends on what specifically you're talking about.
    Yes, it might. BUT the customer isn't always right. It is not my fault your child is lazy/lies to you/didn't speak up when asked if they understood or needed help. 
    PC-ness now says that 'yes, as an educator it if YOUR JOB to shove this knowledge down everyones throat. Regardless of their personal desire or work ethic.' So I personally have to deal with PC which has nothing to do with me being a 'racist/classist/sexist/an asshole' it has to do with your child not being willing to help themselves.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• My UO. I hate it when people complain about our society being "too PC" or "too sensitive ". What you're really saying is " I don't like that people are calling me out for being racist/classist/sexist/an asshole" it's right up there with people confusing freedom of speech with freedom from consequences of what they say. 
    I really have no idea how bathroom usage has anything to do with merit.

In any case,  your fear of trans people using the bathroom is transphobic. You'll have to keep spouting more unpopular opinions to see if the other labels fit.
    ^^^ Wow. This has really gotten ugly. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion without being verbally accosted and stereotyped. Take a step back and learn how to disagree with people without being angry and judgmental. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • antoto said:
    @BerkeBaby , my comment was referring to school aged children, not grown adults.  At that age, if a child feels uncomfortable using the bathroom for their specific sex, then they should have access to a unisex bathroom.  That was my point.  
    I still think that silly.  Would you also advocate for a lesbian bathroom?  Also you would need a bathroom for mean girls because we can't have mean girls bringing down nice girls self esteem.  And then there's the cutters and the anorexics... Shit, public schools better get more funding soon so we can build all these damn bathrooms.
    Maybe we should just make sure that all the facilities, aside from sinks, have stalls. Then no-one 'should' feel uncomfortable using any bathroom.

• antoto said:
    My UO. I hate it when people complain about our society being "too PC" or "too sensitive ". What you're really saying is " I don't like that people are calling me out for being racist/classist/sexist/an asshole" it's right up there with people confusing freedom of speech with freedom from consequences of what they say. 

In any case,  your fear of trans people using the bathroom is transphobic. You'll have to keep spouting more unpopular opinions to see if the other labels fit.
    ^^^ Wow. This has really gotten ugly. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion without being verbally accosted and stereotyped. Take a step back and learn how to disagree with people without being angry and judgmental. 
    No you aren't.... You are absolutely free to have and express your shitty opinion at any point - but that doesn't mean you are free from people calling you out on it.
    I thought we were supposed to "treat everyone with respect," or does that only work if my opinion aligns with yours??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited February 2016
    antoto said:
    @BerkeBaby , my comment was referring to school aged children, not grown adults.  At that age, if a child feels uncomfortable using the bathroom for their specific sex, then they should have access to a unisex bathroom.  That was my point.  
    I still think that silly.  Would you also advocate for a lesbian bathroom?  Also you would need a bathroom for mean girls because we can't have mean girls bringing down nice girls self esteem.  And then there's the cutters and the anorexics... Shit, public schools better get more funding soon so we can build all these damn bathrooms.
    Maybe we should just make sure that all the facilities, aside from sinks, have stalls. Then no-one 'should' feel uncomfortable using any bathroom.
    Wait... other than urinals in boys bathrooms every single toilet does have a stall around it... were you of the belief that they didn't?
  • antoto said:

antoto said:
    Yes, it might. BUT the customer isn't always right. It is not my fault your child is lazy/lies to you/didn't speak up when asked if they understood or needed help. 
    PC-ness now says that 'yes, as an educator it if YOUR JOB to shove this knowledge down everyones throat. Regardless of their personal desire or work ethic.' So I personally have to deal with PC which has nothing to do with me being a 'racist/classist/sexist/an asshole' it has to do with your child not being willing to help themselves.
    Girl, I am a high school teacher and I have absolutely not idea what you are talking about.
    I'm assuming you are serious, and not being sarcastic:
    Maybe Idaho or my school districts have always been off the mark, but I have had several principals stand up at staff meetings and say something along the lines of 'our job is about customer service. Even if you call/contact the parents and they come in and discuss how their child isn't preforming, it is your responisbility to make sure that the student passes.'

• antoto said:
    antoto said:
    Wait... other than urinals in boys bathrooms every single toilet does have a stall around it... were you of the belief that they didn't?
    No, I understand that all toilets have stalls. I was merely suggesting that we put stalls around the urinals, so then no one is terribly uncomfortable using either bathroom.

• antoto said:
    antoto said:

No you aren't.... You are absolutely free to have and express your shitty opinion at any point - but that doesn't mean you are free from people calling you out on it.
    I thought we were supposed to "treat everyone with respect," or does that only work if my opinion aligns with yours??
    People who have actually done/said something to lose my respect (being hateful, ignorant, mean) no longer get my respect.

Hmm, that's interesting. I find that in my life, I can have respect for and get along with all different types of people who feel differently about all sorts of things. For instance, I don't and won't disrespect anyone who thinks trans people are free to use whatever restroom they wish. I don't agree, but that doesn't merit disrespect, in my book. It's strange to me how aggressive and disrespectful people can be when defending their beliefs against someone they don't even know. Like, for real, you're being ugly and judgmental to people you don't know, at all. You assume that they're evil and not worthy of basic human respect just because they disagree with you about one thing. It's unfortunate and not the kind of thinking or treatment that prompts growth or unity. Rather, it promotes dissension and hostility. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"