Infertility

Feb/March IVF/FET

Re: Feb/March IVF/FET

• Hey all! I have so many posts to catch up but work was CRAZY busy this week - I think I almost forgot to eat lunch one day. I feel like my period is coming and had some light spotting the past few days so I have a call into my nurse to see if I get a full flow if I can come in earlier for repeat blood work to get this show on the road and start BC. I'm sure my body is just playing tricks on me and it won't turn into anything.

@twomommiesobe that totally stinks about your job! Hopefully your employer will either change her mind or you will be able to find something very easily. Fingers crossed!

@vssbrm I'm glad you are happy with your new RE and hopefully the change will be the thing that was needed!

@oxinfree hopefully we will be cycle buddies! I had a total mind fart this week and thought I was going in for my repeat blood work tomorrow, not NEXT week until my DH kindly reminded me this morning. I thought I was going to burst into tears...this waiting game is no joke!

• @mtpbadger - that'd be awesome to be cycle buddies. Although as we know.. things can always change along the way ahah. Here's hoping :)

@vssbrm - yay for a new RE. As much as you loved your previous doc, I think sometimes a fresh start is good for not only your cycle outcome but also your mental state. I'm excited for you!

As slow as the process is, all these tests really snuck up on me. Immune blood testing tomorrow no biggie... not even remotely on my radar of concern. Just need to make sure I eat before going. Or wait... is it a fasting test? I better call my clinic before eating I guess... 

Then Monday the long dreaded Uterine Biopsy, SHG and trial transfer. My mom is coming into town and I'm quite relieved I'll have someone to take care of me if I have a reaction or am not feeling well... I'm hoping I hop out of the chair perky and ready to take on the day.. but in my past experiences, that's not remotely been the case. We'll see. 

Then I have to wait until near the end of the month for all the results and our protocol. I had a long chat with my friend who is a genetic counsellor regarding PGS (I wrote a post about it on my blog) and I'm still undecided about that. I also can't decide 1 vs. 2 to transfer. I know a lot of these decisions can (and maybe SHOULD) be made along the way as everything unfolds, but I still like to have a plan, even if I need to be flexible in it.

So excited for us all getting going here! The time keeps inching closer and closer. It's like waiting for Christmas! haha.
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Loading the player...
  • @oxinfree I agree. I like to have lots of plans. I'm OK if they change, but I need something!

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @vssbrm Good choice to switch doctors. Sounds like the new one will be better than your old one and hopefully have more success!!

@oxinfree I totally get the excitement about having your mom come to town. Mine came a few hours after my first transfer to take care of us for 3 days, and it was so nice to not have to worry about anything. She did all the cooking and dish clean up (and cleaned my kitchen a bit), meaning I didn't have to (DH is not the greatest cook, and hates to do chores). And she kept me company while the DH was working. Does your doctor have a concern about transferring two? I thought it was pretty standard practice with non PGS embryos to transfer 2, that way you have the best chance of getting pregnant.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @vssbrm - I'm glad you decided which doctor to go with. It sounds like a decision that you feel comfortable with, which I think is really important. We struggled with the decision about doing the guarantee program vs. paying for cycle by cycle too. If this wasn't such an expensive process, then maybe that wouldn't feel like such a huge decision. I know that with my clinic's guarantee program, 1 fresh IVF and 1 frozen transfer ends up costing less than the guarantee program. If you have to do a 2nd or 3rd cycle, you save money. It's a really hard choice, I know.

@oxinfree - Ugh, I totally understand dreading those procedures. My first HSG was AWFUL, so I had such dread going into my second HSG. It will definitely help having your mom around though. I am weighing the pros/cons of having my mom come during ER. KUP on how things go on Monday. Good luck! I also read your blog post. What a hard decision about PGS! I agree that you'll be able to make a more informed decision about that once you're testing results come back. I guess, if it were me, I would do PGS if the testing results from the immune blood testing and uterine biopsy came back negative. If they came back positive, then you could treat for those issues and might not need PGS. Are you all only planning to do 2 more cycles (1 fresh, 1 frozen) and stop after that? If that was the case, I would probably definitely do it. IDK...that's a hard one. And it's hard deciding how many to transfer too. I think I want to transfer 1 IF I have others leftover to freeze AND it's good quality. If they are so-so quality and there isn't anything left to freeze, I would be OK transferring 2. And this totally is like waiting for Christmas!! I have my sonohystogram and trial transfer on Feb 5, and I keep counting the days because I know I am one step closer!

@AandDM2014 - I hate waiting on people--haha! Hopefully you get your calendar soon. I'd probably be pestering them about it today if I were you. :)

<3 *Loss & bfp mentioned*

me 28 (Lean PCOS, hypothyroid) dh 33
    TTC #1 since early 2011
    May 2011- natural pregnancy (metformin only); m/c @ 9 weeks + D&C
    July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN
    August 2014- lap to remove uterine septum. Everything else looking good.
    Moving onto IVF Feb/March 2016 Just kidding. Natural bfp 1/30/16.
    1st beta 2/1 = 110. 2nd beta 2/3 = 332.

First ultrasound 2/19 - one baby with a heart rate of 127! EDD 10/11/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • _Amanda__Amanda_ member
    edited January 2016

Oh boy……. I had about 2.5 pages to catch up on guys!!!!

@AandDM2014 Welcome!! I’m so sorry to hear your first FET was a BFN. :( I also have PCOS. Good luck with your early Feb transfer! My eyes grew large when I read that your ovaries were so large they were touching!! Oh my!! Did you avoid exercise during that time? – LOL at your DH! I hope DH is a good sport about giving me my injections! 

@2015dee I’m so sorry to hear about your brother. :( I will also be on the antagonist protocol (I think!). – Ugh, that package stuff is SO confusing and frustrating. I’m so sorry you’re having to decide on this. Have you decided anything or are you still looking for insight? My only advice would be to take advantage of your tax benefits and any flexible spending benefit you may have!  

@2015dee and @twomommiestobeI’m originally from Texas! I lived in the Fort Worth area for 5 years before we moved to Iowa! Love love love the DFW area. I would love to move back!

@oxinfree how are you hangin’ in there?! I’ll be thinking of you on Monday! 

@Joyzie77 Welcome! So sorry to hear about your failed FET. Happy Birthday!!

@vssbrm I am go glad you liked the second IVF dr! That is such a comforting feeling! I bet it brings you lots of new found hope as well!

@susykat77 good luck with your Femara cycle! My daughter is the result of our first Femara cycle on 2.5 mg!  Did I miss it? What CD are you on?

@mtpbadger Ugh. I hope your HCG level goes down for you asap! That is frustrating!! 

@Cmartin6706 Welcome to the thread!

@Rachd110 Welcome to the thread! My heart aches for you dealing with your loss and during the holidays! 

AFM – We weren’t so lucky this cycle like we hoped. I released 3 eggs and not ONE gave us a pregnancy. I’m really bummed, but I guess this justifies why we’re moving onto IVF. I’m 14dpo today. Hoping AF arrives soon, so I can start the bcps and get a move on with this IVF cycle! :) The RE’s office is estimating I’ll start stimming mid-February. 

Some new developments on my end, my clinic (the embryologist specifically) is recommending DH and I fertilize via ICSI. I was crushed. Mostly because the price tag increases by $1500 AND because, if I’m understanding this correctly, this implies that there are issues with DH’s sperm. In the past, we’ve been told that he MAY have low morphology. But they’ve never given us a %. (How do you all figure that out based on your report or did you RE tell you verbally?) They have always said that DH’s sperm count is higher than normal, so the higher # of sperm “make up” for the slightly abnormal morphology….. So, here I am, wondering if we’ve just wasted the last 2.5 year trying with a sperm issue. I’m angry. 

We’ve decided against the PGS for a # of reasons… but keeping it in the realm of possibilities down the road. 

Other than that, I’ve started the spring semester and working full time, so I will do my best to check in with you all as often as I can! <3

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

TTC #1 Sept 2007.  Dx PCOS w/ IR, no ovulation, 6 cycles of Clomid failed. First cycle of Femara gave us our first miracle in May 2011
    TTC #2. 10+ cycles of Femara w/ TI, Femara w/ IUI, Starting IVF #1 in January 2015
    My Blog

• @2015dee I actually did end up emailing my nurse this afternoon! I couldn't wait any longer! I'll call tomorrow if I don't hear back from her by noon.

@_Amanda_ Thanks! I'm actually thinking it will be a mid February transfer based on what I was told over the phone, though I still don't have my cycle calendar, so who knows! I was told during stims to limit exercise to 30 minutes of easy walking. I did for most of the stims, but then it got too uncomfortable and I could only do about 10 minutes before I was dying. I'm sorry to hear that you've done so many IUI cycles with no success. Lame! As for ICSI, my DH doesn't have any sperm problems, but they wanted to do it for us to make sure that nearly half of them fertilized. They can guarantee that sperm meets egg if they force said sperm into egg. Every time we did IUI they always told us the pre and post wash numbers, including how many and morphology. Plus it was on a piece of paper I had to sign to confirm that it was indeed my DHs sample.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• @_Amanda_ - So Sorry about the BFN. :( That's so disappointing. But the good news is that it won't be long before you get started with IVF! Do you know what protocol you're doing besides ICSI? I hear ya about the cost of ICSI. On your previous IVF, it looks like you had a good number of eggs fertilize, so I am wondering why they are recommending it. I just ask for the numbers and request a copy of the results. If he does have low morphology, then it would probably be worth doing ICSI. Are you a teacher? Happy thoughts for the start of your spring semester!

TTC #1 since early 2011
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi All! just read through the posts and I'm glad to join the group! I am in the waiting period now after my miscarriage last week. We had our first IVF cycle in December which ended with a BFP but then miscarried at 6 weeks. We have 4 frozen embryos. My RE at first said could possibly have a Feb FET but also said could take longer for my body to level out. HATE this waiting game. Last week was rough and I'm finally starting to feel like myself again and focus on the positive though!

https://fredsgettingmarried.blogspot.com/

edited January 2016

@2015dee They are putting me on the Antagonist protocol. This will be my first IVF so I haven’t had any eggs fertilized to date. – I’m a full time student in a Health Information Administration program. :) I also work full time, I know I’m craaazy.

@fmitchell Welcome. I’m so sorry to hear of your recent miscarriage. I agree the waiting game is horrid. May I ask, what was the grade on your embryo or did you have PGS/PGD done?

Well, AF arrived today. I knew it would arrive, because of all the BFNs, so when she finally arrived I was ECSTATIC! I usually have very long LPs (sometimes 17-18 days long), so I was pleasantly surprised this LP was only 14 days!!! I'm waiting from a call back from the nurse! I'm ready to get this show on the road! :) 

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

TTC #1 Sept 2007.  Dx PCOS w/ IR, no ovulation, 6 cycles of Clomid failed. First cycle of Femara gave us our first miracle in May 2011
    TTC #2. 10+ cycles of Femara w/ TI, Femara w/ IUI, Starting IVF #1 in January 2015
    My Blog

• Happy Friday!!! I am enjoying a glass of wine tonight while I still can, me and DH are making a homemade pizza and catching up on DVR. Thrilling I know.

@_amanda_ yay for AF showing up! I'm waiting for mine to fully make her appearance so I can get this show on the road!! During IUIs I was also told my DHs sperm numbers, they had them all listed on a sheet with pre/post wash, motility and morph that I had to sign to 1) show that I was informed and 2) confirmed he matched me.

@fmitchell I'm so sorry about your miscarriage and hope you are doing ok and hanging in there. Hope your levels go back to normal quickly as I know the waiting game stinks big time!!

Talked to my nurse today and told her about my spotting and to ask what the next steps are/how they may change if I get a full flow soon. She said she would check in with me on Monday and may have me come in sooner than Friday for repeat bloodwork to check my levels. I've never wanted AF to show up so badly! Once my hcg is back to zero, I'll start BCP and schedule a saline sonogram and mock ET. I'm hoping to start stims this month.

@oxinfree let me know how the Mock transfer goes. I'll be doing one and have no clue what to do expect! For those that have done it, is it similar to the IUI? More involved? I get why they are done but still, the unknown makes me anxious!

I hear you all on planning! I had a mini freak out last night and my DH is still making fun of me. Most likely (hopefully!)I will have my ER and ET sometime in Feb, which can be snowy here. And this area does NOT do well with even a forecast of flurries and we would have to drive about 30 to 45 min with no traffic for that. So with bad weather it could be hours or a complete stand still. I had a major episode of "what if..... There is a huge snow storm, we need to look at hotels that are close to the clinic and make sure we have the information for several of them just in case and multiple routes of how to get there" moments. And I'm not even on any meds yet! The next month or so might get very very bad with irrational thoughts.

I need some advice ..... My sister had a baby just after Christmas and she keeps bugging me to fly out and meet him and asking if I have looked at flights yet. She doesn't know about my IF and I keep putting her off bc I don't know my schedule yet, I don't want to book anything and have that fall during my stims or ER/ET. I don't know how much longer I can keep her at bay. We are close and talk/text everyday but not about stuff like that. The only people in mine and DH family that knows is my parents and one of my cousins. She told me she has been diagnosed with PCOS (same as me) and even though she's not trying anytime soon we definitely have that bond and it seemed really natural to bring it up. How would you all handle this??

• Woo hoo! Finally, after emailing yesterday and calling today and leaving a message I've received my FET schedule. I'm to take bc until next wednesday, start Lupron on the 21st then go in for a blood test and ultrasound on the 28th to determine if I'm ready to start estrogen! They've put possible transfer around the 12th, but I have a feeling it'll be later than that, as it was 6 days later than they predicted last time. Luckily that won't interfere with our trip to Las Vegas at the end of February!

@fmitchell welcome! So sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Those suck so hard! Hopefully your body will recover quickly and easily. 

@_Amanda_ Hopefully your IVF cycle will go better than your previous ones! And hopefully you can get started soon!

@mtpbadger Sounds like a great night to me! Bummer to hear about your sis. I'm guessing she is one of the lucky ones who tried for about a day before getting pregnant? I can kinda relate to your situation. I found out that my best friend was having a baby the same month that we were originally planning (ha, that work out the way we hoped) and I was actually in town visiting my mom shortly after and she asked if I wanted to go see the new baby. I told my mom I wasn't interested because I was so angry that I couldn't get pregnant, and here this friend was having a baby when I wanted to. It took me about 6 months before I was ready and contacted the friend about seeing her and baby. I also just recently went to a bridal shower where a new baby cousin was (my cousin had started trying well after me) and I had no interest in seeing her. I purposefully stayed away, and the cousin respected that. I would suggest telling your sister the truth. It's so much easier that way. You don't necessarily have to tell her the whole truth, but at least let her know that you'll initiate contact when you're able to see the new baby.

I hope everyone else's week went well! Good luck to anyone doing tests/procedures over the weekend!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• oxinfreeoxinfree member
    edited January 2016
    Hi ladies and gent!

@AandDM2014 - wahoo for having a schedule. So looking forward to that time myself!!! I'm sure you're super excited to be moving forward and have your dates (even if they change slightly). Vegas hey!!? So fun! My aunt lives there, so I've been numerous times. Love catching shows. If KA is still playing you should see it. So good. To answer your question, no my doc doesn't have an issue with 2, but because I'm "young" he'd prefer to put 1 in, but understands that we're keen on possibly 2. No decisions yet. Probably won't until we know more about the uterine receptivity from my biopsy.

@fmitchell - sorry also to hear about your recent mc, but glad to hear you are recovering and feeling positive about moving forward. I imagine it was quite heartbreaking and hope you took some time to heal your heart. Hugs to you. Welcome to our little thread.

@_Amanda_ - I know you were anticipating AF so yay for that (in a way... in a way boo since your not pregnant). I know you had your hopes up for a natural BFP based on releasing multiple eggs. I'm sure we all would have in that circumstance. Totally with you on getting this show on the road... like watching paint dry. I'm hanging in alright. Very impatient though haha.

@mtpbadger - sounds like a perfect Friday to me. I dunno, I feel old. By the end of the week I just want to Netflix and Chill... but like actually haha. A nice glass of wine is always a nice perk of not being pregnant. I gave up alcohol for other reasons, but firmly believe that a nice relaxing drink is good for the soul. Enjoy while you can! :)
    the trial transfer isn't too bad unless there are issues. For me they couldn't use the normal catheter and had to switch to a thinner more flexible one (easier on you, worse on embryos). Mine was quite painful, but I have a weird route to my uterus or something... I dunno. I'll be having another trial but I'll be out for it so won't be able to speak again on that matter...
    I'd also suggest hinting or mentioning as much as your comfortable with your sister. I'm missing meeting my nephew (sister in law's) this weekend and am not too sad about it really... so totally understand. Even if I did tell her part of me doesn't want to come because it hurts too much, she'd probably think I was being dramatic, feel insulted and rant about me to my mother in law. I had the excuse of my biopsy so I'm in the clear luckily. Ohhhh family drama. I hope you find a way to navigate those tricky waters well ;) hugs

@2015dee - thanks so much for the advise/support/words of comfort haha. Yes I feel very confused about everything from PGS to intralipids. I'll all over the place right now but basically since we've already done 1 fresh, 1 frozen, we'd like to limit ourselves (for now) to one more fresh and one more frozen if need be. Then we'll adopt and possibly pursue a biological child again down the road. Maybe not. Who knows. So yes, thinking of throwing everything we can at it if we're financially able... 

@twomommiestobe - haha glad I'm not the only planner in the group. how are your "plans" coming along? How you holding up lately? 

AFM, my clinic messed up. We were supposed to have bloodwork for immune NK activity etc this morning but they called last minute to cancel. I had a good rant on my blog but have since let it go. or so I keep telling myself haha. I think I'm going to see how these tests go and if anything comes up before making a decision but may likely just go all in since we're nearing the end of our agreed upon lengths to have a biological baby. Ahhhh life of an infertile. My husband leaves tomorrow morning, and my mom arrives into town tonight for the weekend and to help me with my biopsy scheduled for 11am Monday. I have to be there at 10am and can't eat or drink anything (including water) after midnight the night before. Pretty standard but so not cool haha. I'm going to be so so cranky without my green tea latte haha. Not looking forward to this by any means... but also pretty excited to soon have it over with. The anxiety has been really unpleasant. 

Anyhoo. That's all for now. big hugs to you all! :)

---
    Started TTC April 2011

• March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• @oxinfree It is nice to finally have the calendar. I've been waiting all week for it! As for Vegas, we have tickets for KA, Blue Man Group and Penn & Teller! We're hoping this is our last vacation for a while, so we went all out. I'm surprised that even though you're young your doc wants to do 1. I'm only 26 but have transferred two both times, and plan to transfer two again, three next time if there is a next time (hopefully not!!!!!!). I would think that after 4.5 years you'd want to do two to have the best chance of success. I've heard that transferring two gives you a better chance of it working.   I read your blog post and all I can think is AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Why would they schedule you for that day if they couldn't to it!?!?! How extremely frustrating!!! Hopefully you hadn't already left at least. When I had my two surgeries that required no food after midnight I made a meal that was ready at about 11:45pm and made sure I ate as much as I could (I get super crank when I'm hungry). I hope your mom is staying for the biopsy too!

@mtpbadger I agree with @oxinfree that your sis may think you're being dramatic, but if it really upsets you then you should be honest. I know my DH thinks I'm being dramatic and overly sensitive when I try to avoid pregnant women but whatever. It really does upset me, and I don't care what he thinks. He doesn't live in my head. Hopefully you'll figure out how to handle the situation!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• I heard word today that I can expect to complete my 1st cycle of IVF scheduled for March, very excited to get started... but also unsure of what to expect. My nurse coordinator explained some of the details. I guess they are trying to get my cycle to occur at a specific time to join a certain group, is what I understand. Looking forward to sharing/discussing with all of you!
    Me:28 (PCOS, DOR), DH: 32 (low morphology)
    TTC since March 2012
    2013-2014 - 6 rounds of Clomid - BFNs
    3 failed IUIs in 2015
    October 2015 - wait listed for IVF #1
    IVF #1 March 2016 - bfn, zero frosties!
    Femara cycle 1 May 2016 - POAS starting May 21st / beta testing May 25th....

• Hi @AshleySchulte87 !!! Welcome to the thread. Yay for getting going! We are all sharing in the excitement at the moment. Can't wait to get underway. 
    If you don't mind my asking, what is your history/diagnosis? No pressure to answer if you're uncomfortable (feel free to ignore haha)
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

edited January 2016

@mtpbadger I’m chuckling at your “irrational thoughts”! I am very similar – I attempt to have plans A, B, C and D in place, so I can initiate the next plan at a moment’s notice, if necessary! Lol We live in Iowa, so thankfully snow is plowed on the main roads. If we get totally drenched in snow though, it could get hairy. I think having the hotel information is a good plan! If you find yourself needing a hotel, check out hotwire too! They offer “last minute” hotel deals or rooms that are sort of leftover, etc. DH and I always reserve our hotels through hotwire. ---- Regarding your sister, I would try and be as honest with her as possible. However, if you’re not comfortable with that, and that is totally understandable if you’re not. Then just tell her you’re looking at visiting her during a particular time frame – spring break, mother’s day, etc. Maybe that will keep her at bay for the time being. The next obstacle will be, if you get pg on the first try when will you be comfortable telling her, and will being in early pg keep you from traveling (told you, I’m a plan A, B, C…. kinda person! And, I think of all the 'what ifs' along the way. Maybe I should call those Plans A1, A2, A3, .....Lol) :)

@AandDM2014 YAY for having your schedule!! I wish they would tell me mine, but it's very approximate at this point. ER around March 7th, ET around March 11th, so maybe I'll be a little after you. :)

@oxinfree That totally bites that your clinic cancelled last minute on you. :( I’ll read your blog post shortly.

@ashleyschulte87 Welcome! YAY for your March IVF. This is my first IVF too! Have you had your initial visit? Our initial visit was 4.5 hours long. That is where they gave us most of the information. Brain overload for sure.  My clinic also tries to get all of the women on the same protocol to start their period at the same time, do injections at same time, in an overall effort tto schedule egg retrieval and ET on same day. It’s kinda funny, but smart! :)

AFM - My nurse called yesterday. I've started BCP (yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck.... hate this stuff.) and I'm to remain on the active pills "until they tell me to stop". Ugh. I hate uncertainty. In my head:  Ok, I'll take this disgusting pills till the end of time..... HAHA! I woke up this morning completely nauseous and with a headache - like a bad hangover. The pharmacist warned me I could experience that with these pills. Gross.  The good news is our appointment for medication instruction is scheduled for February 4th! I'll have another ultrasound that day too! Did I tell you all, at my last u/s they saw at least 27 antral follicles?!! I'm eager to see if those are still there!! If I'm understanding everything correctly, those follicles are the ones that will respond to the injections?? 

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

My Blog

• @fmitchell - welcome to this great group! You'll find lots of support here. I am so sorry about your recent mc. I know how difficult that is. I am glad that you do have some frozen embryos, so that will make trying again a little easier. Looking forward to getting to know you better!

@_Amanda_ - wow, you're a busy lady! I finished graduate school a little while ago and recently started working full time (40 hours/week) + studying for a license exam (~25 hours/week), so I definitely feel your pain with the chaos! I too have a long LP, which I think it a good thing, but it can be annoying at times.

@mtpbadger - sounds like my kind of Friday night! I am really going to miss my glass of wine once stims start. I had such a similar "what if" freak out earlier. My ER will probably be in early March, and we can sometimes still get snow around that time (we got about maybe 6 inches that time last year, which is unusual). Our clinic is 6 hours away, and I freaked out about getting there for ER. What if we can't drive? What if flights are cancelled? Ridiculous, I know. Trying to take this thing one day at a time.

About your sister....I would just be honest. My younger sister got pregnant with my nephew somewhere around my 3rd failed clomid cycle. She had no idea what DH and I were going through because I was super private about it at first. She called to tell me she was pg like a week after she found out. I was really upset....super happy about my nephew (love him to death) but it was a glaring reminder to me that my body was such a failure. If you are close to her, it would probably help her to understand why you haven't already booked a ticket. And as an aside, I think you could travel while on stims. My RE's office said it would be fine to travel the first 3-4 days of stims because the first monitoring apt isn't until day 4. Idk, just my opinion. I definitely do understand how difficult it is to talk to others about all this, especially when they haven't been through IF.

@AandDM2014- yay for finally getting your calendar! That's soon too! Can't wait for you to get started and so glad it doesn't interfere with your trip.

@oxinfree - AHHHH!!! I would have been so mad if my clinic had messed up! I know how much you've been looking forward to getting through all the testing, so I can imagine your disappointment! FX for answers SOON!

@AshleySchulte87 - welcome!! Looking forward to learning more about you. I am scheduled to start stims on Feb 26, so we might be close to the same timing. It is my first cycle too.

@_Amanda_ - yay for knowing the next step!!! My sonohystogram is scheduled for Feb 5, so day after you! I am having medication instruction then too. Stims start the 26th. I am starting prometrium on the 20th to induce a period, then I am scheduled to start taking bcp on the 30th. It's been a looonnng time since I was on the pill (college), but I remember actually feeling pretty good on the pill. I am really scared to take it again because I have had a blood clot, but I trust my doctor and he thinks it will be ok. Hope you get to feeling better soon. I don't know anything about the antral follicle thing. How do they get that information? I've never had anyone say anything to me about that?!

AFM...just trucking along. Starting prometrium on Wednesday. Ugh. Been busy at work and studying during all my free time. Still trying to get back to my exercise routine post-holidays and lose the 8 pounds I've gained!! Yuck. Hope you all have a great weekend! 

TTC #1 since early 2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi ladies! I'm been active on the January/February IVF forum but found out today that my IVF cycle was canceled due to elevated progesterone caused by a cyst on my right ovary. (Sniff!) I'm super bummed but ultimately know it's all happening this way for a reason.
    Little about me...I'm 38, DH is 40. We've done 2 iui's with the last resulting in an EC in August and are now doing IVF.
    ER was done in Dec and we have 5 embabies and expect to transfer 2 once we successfully get to that point. Right now just waiting on AF so I can start BC which I'll be on for awhile until the cyst shrinks.
    Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Hi @kadair123! Welcome to the group-glad to have you with us! Did you do a freeze-all IVF?

TTC #1 since early 2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @_Amanda_ Antral follicles are necessarily the exact ones that respond but what your clinic did was a test to see how your ovarian reserve is. It's more accurate than blood work. It's excellent news that you had so many.

Article for more information:
    https://www.advancedfertility.com/antralfollicles.htm
    ***Loss and success mentioned***
    Me:34, Wife: 32
    IF reasoning = MFI: Zero Sperm Count using FairFax donor bank
    IUI #1 - #3: 2011 = BFN
    IVF: 2011 = BFN, lost all 10 embryos (with C/Ps)
    Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

Moving on to surrogacy (actually a planned adoption)
    Surrogate IUI#1: 7.17.12 = BFP!! 15dpiui = 256, 17dpiui = 346
    Oliver Zane born - 3/29/2013 on Good Friday!

IUI #4 - #6: 2014-2015 = BFN (with C/Ps)
    Switch sperm donors, start ketosis diet to reduce inflammation late 2015
    IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen
    2.18.2016 (8dp3dt) = BFFP!
    2.22.2016 (12dp3dt) = 649!!

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

"Wait for your God, and don't give up on Him - ever!" Hosea 12:6 (msg)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @oxinfree "Ladies and gent" <----- Thanks for remembering me. :)
    ***Loss and success mentioned***
    Me:34, Wife: 32
    IF reasoning = MFI: Zero Sperm Count using FairFax donor bank
    IUI #1 - #3: 2011 = BFN
    IVF: 2011 = BFN, lost all 10 embryos (with C/Ps)
    Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

Moving on to surrogacy (actually a planned adoption)
    Surrogate IUI#1: 7.17.12 = BFP!! 15dpiui = 256, 17dpiui = 346
    Oliver Zane born - 3/29/2013 on Good Friday!

IUI #4 - #6: 2014-2015 = BFN (with C/Ps)
    Switch sperm donors, start ketosis diet to reduce inflammation late 2015
    IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen
    2.18.2016 (8dp3dt) = BFFP!
    2.22.2016 (12dp3dt) = 649!!

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

"Wait for your God, and don't give up on Him - ever!" Hosea 12:6 (msg)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @2015dee hopefully your body will cooperate!! I hear ya about getting back on to a good exercise routine. It can be challenging to start again.

@kadair123 welcome to our group! Sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle. Hopefully that cyst goes away! Thank goodness you have 5 embabies! Hopefully you'll get a few good ones!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Tks @2015dee and @AandDM2014 I did a freeze all. That's my RE's preferred method. The waiting is agony!
  • @2015dee Congratulations on your recent finish of graduate school! This is likely my hubsand’s last semester of graduate school. He’s unsure if he’ll continue for his PhD. I’m also questionable on whether I’ll go on to get my Master’s. – Yes, the long LPs are annoying. All BFNs and my [stupid] body makes me wait another week to move onto the next cycle! – Sounds like your scheduling will be performed a little different than mine. Our initial consult was 4.5 hours long and consisted of visit with RN, RE, PGS RN, the financial counselor, an ultrasound, genetic testing(blood test) and DH’s SA. During the u/s they counted my antral follicles, measured the anatomy of my structures, etc.

@kadair123 Welcome to the thread. I’m so sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle. Congratulations on your 5 embabies!!

AFM - 2.5 - 3 weeks till my next appointment, and the waiting is tough. I have plenty to keep my mind busy, so I shouldn't complain. I planned on getting back on my HIIT workout program, but it's a high of -5 today. I usually workout in my garage. I'm thinking that may not happen today. My excuse? Maybe. :) 

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

My Blog

• @_Amanda_ - I got my Ph.D. It was definitely a long haul and hopefully some day I will be glad I did it--HA! Best of luck to your DH in his studies. I SO HEAR YOU ON THE WAITING!! It is driving me crazy. How are we going to get through the next 2.75 weeks? HA! We had all of that stuff on our initial apt too, but I was never told about an antral follicle count. Does it have to be done on a certain cycle day?

TTC #1 since early 2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @2015dee That's admirable! What did you study? -- I don't think it needs to be done on a specific day. They looked at and measured my postovulatory 'cysts' and then counted the antral follicles. During your u/s, did you notice them counting any small black circles? lol 

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

My Blog

• Hi ladies! I'd love to join the conversation, and the "journey" :). About me: 32, DH 32, trying for 2.5 years, diagnosed with endo and male factor. Did 2 IUIs but not surprisingly resulted in BFN given our issues. Had a fallopian tube removed due to endo middle of last year. IVF is the order of the day now.

We are entirely OOP and bought a package of two IVF rounds. We talked to RE and he agreed to two rounds of stimming before we do the first FET. I stimmed in November and got two 5 day frosties after PGS.

Started stimming again last week and ER was today. A few days before RE thought we'd only get 2 or 3 mature eggs, but I'm thrilled we got 7! Will find out how many fertilized and then make it to day 5 this week. Fingers crossed!

I got my meds overseas from Town Drug Stores (https://www.towndrugstore.com/) for the second cycle, and I HAVE to spread the word. The drugs arrived promptly (over the holidays no less) and we saved $2,500. If you are OOP like us, check them out!

First FET transfer will be in early/mid March. Look forward to getting to know you all. :)
  • Welcome @ssandberg and @kadair123

Just waiting with an IV in my arm to start my procedure. Having a minor freak out wishing my hubby were here. Then the song we first ever danced to came on the music system and the waterworks started. Oh dear.
    Can't wait for this to be over with. Keep me in your thoughts please, I'm so nervous about being put to sleep under anesthesia.

---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• kadair123kadair123 member
    edited January 2016
    Tks for the welcome @oxinfree and @_Amanda_ ! Don't worry @oxinfree , you'll do great today!!
    Welcome @ssandberg and GL to u!
  • susykat77susykat77 member
    edited January 2016

Ok, I am playing catch up...

@oxinfree I am SO happy that your mom is there to take you in today!!! Keeping you in my thoughts as you go through your procedure. Big hugs!! So frustrating about your appointment on Friday – when are they doing those tests now?  And the not eating thing is such a pain in the ass!! I wish those appointments were first thing in the morning. I get hungry!! The voodoo doc did muscle testing and my muscles came up weak with bacon and avocado as well as beets and corn. So sad. I have 5 more days until I see him again…  All the decisions are so hard – especially how many to transfer! Ack! I want a baby and twins is terrifying not to mention the potential complications but alas we have decided to transfer two. It does feel like waiting for Christmas!! I wish it was time already!! I need to still read your blog about PGS.

@AandDM2014 Yay for your schedule! I am jealous and excited for you!! ;-) As far as dreams… that is funny about your Star Trek dream, I dreamt about chocolate cake last night because everyone had it for my MIL birthday but I couldn’t – not an IVF dream but funny nonetheless. I had not heard that ICSI has a higher rate of birth defect – I will have to look into that! Although I think that my RE still recommends it. SO EXCITING that you have your calendar!! I can’t believe that your transfer is in about a month!!! Woohoo!!

@Cmartain6706 Welcome to the thread!! Thinking good thoughts for your DW’s ER today!! Was your previous IVF cycle a FET or a fresh transfer?

@2015dee Good thing you are going to a clinic that you trust. I also did the pre-genetic screening and DH and I had nothing of concern show up either…

**MC mentioned**

So despite having the screening we had a miscarriage. I never want to go through that again so I am opting for all the testing possible in hope that it will increase our chances. I don’t think that we will so the PGD because the prior testing should cover that but we will do the PGS to insure overall chromosomal normalcy in embryos. I LOVE acupuncture. I have had it done for a number of years. It is so relaxing for me. There are numerous studies that show having acupuncture done before and/or after a transfer increases chances of a successful pregnancy. I am one of those people that believes in that kind of thing.  I agree to start sooner than later and find someone who specializes in fertility/IVF treatment.  As far as your AMH level, I can’t imagine that it would be a factor with a great number like 14 (even if it has dropped a bit over the last year) – my AMH is 0.1 (basically non-existent). Have you heard back on that test yet?

@twomommiestwobe That really sucks to have last minute costs! It is already SO expensive!! And I am sorry that you are looking for a new job because your boss has decided that you need time off at 6 months!! That is so unfair!!

@Rachd110 Welcome to the thread!! I am SO sorry about your loss and the long drawn out process you have gone through. I hope that AF shows up soon so you can get started on your next cycle. It is amazing that you have 9 frosties and I am a big fan of FET, your body isn’t all jacked up on stim meds.

@vssbrm I am so happy for you having a new RE!! I am glad that you have a plan that you are happy with – that is really the most important thing. J

@mtpbadger I hope that AF shows up for you too and you can get the show of the road!! Fx that  your body cooperates! I hear you about freaking out with the what-if’s and then once you add in the meds – oh boy! I was not very rational on my meds. Oh the hormones! As far as your sister, I think you are just going to have to tell her. Maybe try to keep it short and detail-less. 

@_Amanda_ I am so sorry that you were not successful this cycle. But exciting that you are going to get started on your IVF cycle soon!! Very frustrating not knowing about DH’s sperm. I would for sure call your RE’s office and have them explain it to you. ICSI is an added expense and I would want to know for sure why you have to do it. Woeking full time and going to school and going through IVF… ACK!! Take care of yourself. And BCP, I agree, YUCK! I hate the way they make me feel! Amazing that you have 27 antral follicles.

@fmitchell Welcome to the thread! I am so sorry about your miscarriage. Big hugs. I had very regular 25 day cycles before and AF showed up 31days post miscarriage. I hope your cycle regulates itself quickly. I am happy that you have 4 frosties!! Are you planning to transfer one or two?

@AshleySchulte87 Welcome to the group!! Look forward to hearing more about you and your journey.

@kadair123 Welcome to the thread! I am sorry that your FET was cancelled.  Hope AF starts soon so you can get your cycle going!

@ssandberg Welcome to the group! So awesome that you have 5 frosties AFTER PGS! Any word on your embies for the most recent ER? I am so happy that there is an option for overseas meds!! I hope that some of the ladies on here can use them and save money. My FET should be in early March too!!

AFM – We decided to give it the old college try one last cycle before my DE cycle in March. I took femara on cycle day 3-9. I have been temping and using OPK’s. I have never gotten a positive OPK before. I ordered the Wondfo OPK’s so that I could test several times a day and after testing 4x a day… I got a positive! It is the little things. I had a small temp shift and FF is saying I O’d on cycle date 13. DH and I dtd on cycle date 10, 12, 13 and 14. I also took mucinex and am going to take benadryl, claratin, and pepsid starting today. I am not really sure why I am getting my hope so up and putting so much effort into this cycle… I mean our next step is donor eggs so it is a little ridiculous to think that we are going to get pregnant naturally. And yet, I am still hopeful. I guess maybe it is something to pass the time… 3DPO and counting.

I haven’t heard ANYTHNG about the search for a donor from my RE. I really want to know that there is someone out there that is getting ready to start stims for our FET. Once I start AF (unless I don’t…) I’ll make my plane reservations to head back to Prague. I want to plan! I am starting my new job next Monday and I haven’t let them know yet that I will need 10 days off in March to travel to Prague for IVF. It is a federal job and I have enough sick leave from my previous federal job to cover it but I am afraid that the will deny my sick leave request. Anyone have any experience with this?

I hope that everyone has a great week. Sorry for my absence. I will be better this week at checking in. 

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @oxinfree I hope your procedure this morning went well! I'm glad your mom is with you.

@susykat77 why couldn't you have any cake? I don't remember being restricted from tasty foods during any of my cycles... And how exciting that you finally got a positive OPK! I remember the first time I saw a flashing smiley on my digital one. It was such an amazing feeling! Fx that this cycle works and you don't have to go to donor eggs!!

AFM, not too much happening yet. I've left a message for the financial coordinator at my clinic to get approval for the FET so my meds can be ordered. I'm supposed to start Lupron on Thursday. I realize that I should probably be in the Jan/Feb group, but I thought I was going to be doing a later transfer so I went with this one and I already know and like you guys, so I'm going to stay here. I hope everyone is okay with that.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @ssandberg Welcome to the thread! DH and I have also been trying for 2.5 years (for #2). When you say “male factor” what exactly does that mean? I only ask because I’m starting to suspect DH may have a sperm issue. We were recently told ICSI would be beneficial for us during fertilization. I’m so sorry to hear you had a tube removed. I have a friend who had endo really bad. Her husband and she were successful on their first IVF procedure! – Congratulations on your 5 embryos after PGS! That’s amazing! I can’t wait to hear how many more you’ll have after this 2nd round. I’m taking note of the Town Drug Store site. Thank you! – I am also schedule for an early March transfer if all goes well.

@oxinfree Thinking of you during your procedure! Please post an update when you get a chance! I’m sure everything will go great! <3

@susykat77 lol- good luck with your “old college try”! I’m crossing my fingers for you! O on CD13 is amazing! I always O late, CD18 or later, on Femara. :( --- Eeeck about the new job/time off. I’m such a chicken. I’d probably let them know asap if you can. Atleast give them a heads up that it is a possibility, maybe? That’s amazing that you can use sick time as well!! I’m jealous! May I ask, what do you do? – Don’t fret the absence! <3

@AandDM2014 Yes, please stay here with us! We need you! :) GL I’m excited to follow your journey!

AFM – The specialty pharmacy called this morning, and I was able to schedule the delivery of my meds. They will be here on Thursday. Is that too early, if I’m not set to start stims until mid-Feb? I was really annoyed because they were unable to tell me how much all of my meds were going to cost me. Really?! I do have insurance coverage for the meds, but it still would have been nice to know how much they were! I’ll guess I’ll get my sticker shock later. 

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

My Blog

• 2015dee2015dee member
    edited January 2016

@oxinfree - ahh! so sorry that you were so nervous. I hope the procedure went well!

@_Amanda_ I studied psychology. And nope, I don't think I've ever seen them count any tiny circles. :) I should ask when I go in on the 5th. and that is so ridiculous that the pharmacy couldn't give you any information? So, they're just going to charge you when they figure it out?! I haven't ordered my meds yet. The pharmacy said I just needed to order them about a week before I needed them. I wanted to double check the dosages with the RE first before ordering them....I think it seems like a high dose, so just want to make sure.  

@ssandbery - welcome! So glad you got more eggs than anticipated! Thanks for the heads up on the pharmacy. It makes me a little nervous that they're overseas, but I am glad to hear of your experience!

@susykat77 - you never know! I will have my fingers crossed for you!

@AandDM2014 - of course! Please stay!!

Afm....not much going on. I got my AMH results back....still high at 11.3. Guess this places me at risk for OHSS? oy....

TTC #1 since early 2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @_Amanda_ Thank you! As long as the expiration dates for your meds aren't for before April you should be good. If you're doing PIO you should probably wait on that. At my pharmacy they fresh make the PIO and it only lasts like 12ish weeks. It seems weird that they wouldn't be able to tell you the cost. I get an email verifying the cost that I have to confirm before I can get my meds shipped.

@2015dee I think anyone with PCOS is at a higher risk of OHSS. I believe that I had a mild case of it when I did my retrieval. Your doctor will hopefully monitor you closely to keep you just below OHSS but still get as many follicles as possible.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Out and very groggyily recovering. No reaction to anesthesia which was my major concern, and had a nice easy sleep and remember nothing. in zero pain. its like nothing happened. the iv was the worst part of it all and the nurse was so gentle even that was no big deal. The anxiety of just not knowing as I've never been sedated before was what got me all worked up. Well that and immense pain from previous similar procedures. I think not being awake helped as I wasn't tensing up maybe. Anyways, feel great now. No polyps or anything out of the ordinary. He did see why my past transfers were difficult, and has a plan of action going forward for transfer date down the road which is good. Now just to wait on biopsy results. 

I'm really out of it still, so will catch up and respond to ppl individually soon. Just wanted to let you all know I'm well. Thanks for all your positivity xx
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• @oxinfree Congrats on your surgery going well! And no polyps!!!!!!!! Awesome! I'm glad there was no bad reaction to the anesthesia, especially since you didn't know what to expect. Now if you're put under for ER you know what it'll be like! How long until you get the results?
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• @AandDM2014 - I should have results in about 10 days hopefully. Give or take. I think its fabulous that you're already getting going, and it'll give us a little something to keep distracted while we wait for our cycles to start. Stick around, we love having you!!!! (maybe I should speak for myself haha, but I think the feeling is probably shared). 

@2015dee - I think the only reason a high AMH level would put you at risk for OHSS is the fact that you produce a lot of eggs. So the RE needs to be careful with your dosage (which they know). Some may choose to do gentle stimulation to err on the safe side. Good idea to recheck with your RE. Better safe than sorry :) are you doing a fresh transfer or frozen (can't recall)?

@_Amanda_ I think you can call your insurance provider to find out the cost. Annoying, but one way to ensure you have a handle on the financial dent :p 

@susykat77 - good ole college try eh!? haha too funny... aaaaand I totally just gave away my Canadian roots with that "eh" ... the stereotype holds true I guess. :) You know what though, miracles happen and you just never never know. Why not try? I spent a year trying naturally during my break from infertility treatments and never gave up hope. I still got dissapointed each and everytime I got AF but maintaining hope is what keeps us driving forward. It is so incrediby necessary to never give up. We'll be here to pick you right back up if things don't work out how we all hope so dearly they do. And if they do, well we'll be cheering from the rooftops. So get your BDing on!! 
    Sorry you haven't heard about donor eggs though. That's annoying.

How's everyone else doing? @vssbrm @mtpbadger @twomommiestobe @Cmartin6706 etc?
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• ssandbergssandberg member
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for the welcomes everyone! It's so helpful to have people support along the journey who really get it. 

I can see now that how I wrote my first post may have been confusing. I got 2 day five embies after PGS. And actually, one was day 6 (I like to think it's a fighter, lol). During the ER Sunday they got 7 mature, and 5 fertilized with ICSI. Will find out Friday how many made it to day 5 and testing. I'm expecting (and I know, expectations are dangerous in this process...) that we'll probably end up with 2 again. I know I can't complain, already having 2 in the freezer brings a level of comfort. 

@_Amanda_ DH has both low motility and low count. Our RE says we are quite the pair with his "issues" and me with endo. There was really no option for us other than IVF (of course it look a while to learn that...). If you haven't gone through the testing yet, I can tell you that if the scores come back low they will immediately request a re-test (a few weeks later) to make sure they didn't make a mistake. ICSI was included in our IVF package, so we've never tried it without.
  • susykat77susykat77 member
    edited January 2016
    @AandDM2014 I can't have cake because I am on a strict diet that excludes ALL sugar including maple syrup and honey. Also no yeast so cake is definitely out. There are a lot of other exclusions on my prescribed diet by the voodoo doc. I work for the VA hospital in administration so it is a federal position - my prior job was with the Department of the Interior so all of my sick leave carries over. I am not positive that I can use my sick leave to go to Prague for 10 days for IVF but I am hoping that I can. And yes, please stick around! We can all root for you and get excited with you.

@2015dee Thank you for the support!!

@oxinfree I am so glad your procedure was "no big deal" and that you tolerated the drugs! Yay! Now you know and you can put your mind at ease for your ER. Hopefully your test results come sooner than you think. And yes, your Canadian roots might have shown themselves  ;) Somehow I still have hope... after all this time. Thank you for the support. I am so thankful to have this group. 

@ssandberg Ah, I see about your frosties... It is still really wonderful to have 2 and hopefully you'll have that many again!! Fingers crossed for you! So you'll know how many make it to day 5 on Friday? And then how long is the wait on the testing?

AFM - last night I went to my monthly book club - it was the first one I've attended since I've been back. I walked in and the first person I see is an acquaintance and she happens to be pregnant. I wanted to turn around and run out the door. I managed to mumble a congratulations and wander away. Then I was in the kitchen and another acquaintance came up and she said - I thought you weren't coming back from Prague until you were pregnant. I explained that I was but I had a miscarriage and then burst into tears. Ugh. Shit. I tried to pull it together and then noticed my pregnant friend was standing right there. I ran to the bathroom and managed to pull it together. I really just wanted to leave and go home but I carpooled there so I was stuck. I managed to make it through the event but I am obviously not ready for social outings with acquaintances. I am so embarrassed I cried. A friend of mine is hosting next month and I haven't seen her yet... she is due in April. I feel surrounded by pregnant women and that I might turn into a hermit.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker