Infertility
Options

Feb/March IVF/FET

Hi Ladies! I may be jumping the gun but it seems all the action on this board happens in these threads and I'd like to have a community of gals for support while we wait for our turn at a BFP. Feb/March seem SO far away!!

*MC mentioned*

DH and I have gone through 4 IVF's with fresh transfers and one FET. We are moving onto donor eggs for this cycle. Our FET resulted in a BFP but at 9w1d we were diagnosed with a MMC. I have an AMH of 0.1 so donor eggs seem like our best shot at becoming parents. All of our IVF's were done in the Czech Republic and I will be traveling back there sans DH for a FET sometime in late Feb early March (I think - as long as my cycles aren't super jacked up from the MC). The clinic has a frozen sample of DH's sperm so I am a little concerned that we won't have as many fertilize but it only takes one, right!? 

Any other ladies out there looking at IVF or FET around the same time?

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
TTC#1 since July 2014
AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
Headed to Prague April 30
3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Feb/March IVF/FET

• Options
    Hey @suzykat77 - I'm aiming for about the same. I have a biopsy, SHG, and trial transfer scheduled for the mid-end of January, but would love to cycle Feb and latest March if necessary...  I guess it may also depend on our results though of course.
    Thanks for starting this thread. We can all keep each other company as we wait for what feels like eons for our turns again ;) Excited to see you also have a blog. I'll have to have a read! 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    Hi ladies! We are also going to be starting IVF this spring, probably March, the January round just seems too soon. I want some time off to get back to normal, and we need to save up some $$ as we are completely OOP.

I am super nervous about IVF, but after 4 unsuccessful IUIs and no BFPs ever, I am also super anxious to get started.

I look forward to having you guys to talk to about this!!

FX!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey @vssbrm - yay! So glad you're likely joining us. Try not to be too too nervous. Overall, its tiring and a lot of stress on the body, but 100% something you can handle. Take this time to really enjoy life free of the stresses of infertility if you can. My time away did me so so SO much good! xx
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @oxinfree Yay! So glad to have you here. I have heard of the SHG - it seems like more and more women are having it done. I hope that you get good results and are a go for February. I had my uterus filled with gas to visualize the lining ect. but the saline is suppose to be more accurate. I need to update my blog. I haven't since just after my MC. I can't wait to read yours and "get to know you" a little better.

@vssbrm How exciting that you are headed to IVF. I felt very hopeful when I started IVF like we were finally taking charge!! Science is amazing! I also felt nervous but once I got going with the meds it was "no big deal". One trick I will tell you now in case I forget when the time comes  is that to keep track of what side you need to give the injection on is that the word LEFT has 4 letters, so an even number and RIGHT has 5 letters, so odd. So whatever date you begin on you start on that side. Let's say you start injections on the 7th of February - well the number 7 is odd so you would do your injection on the right side (5 letters-odd) My injections were in the belly but this would also work for the buttocks. 

Also, the cycle that I got a BFP I was on 5mg of predinsone. I also have autoimmune issues and I think this helped me get pregnant. So ask your RE again. They tend to start conservatively and I understand why (and they are the docs) BUT for us OOP gals it can't hurt to ask and ask again. 

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hey @susykat77 and @vssbrm ... so I emailed my doc just to touch base about stuff and I'm so bummed. Originally, I thought I'd be having my biopsy mid january but my last cycle ran long (something like 35 days) and I was confused about when its done. I thought he had said 5 days past day 1, but it was 5 days past ovulation (ideally) so looking like early february now because of their clinic closures at the start of this month... I dunno. I'm going to email back and just double check, but I'm getting anxious to get a move on and just feel like its waiting upon waiting... It may be a biopsy at the start of February which means at the very earliest, March cycle. BOO! So not sure if I should hang around this group or wait for a March/April group, but for now I'll stay put until I know better. Really hating these holiday closures right about now, because I could otherwise have it done early Jan and get a move on.... 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @oxinfree I'm sorry that your schedule is getting jumbled. Hopefully you will be able to get stated sooner rather than later.

@susykat77 thank you for the tip! I am really thankful to hear other people's advice. Maybe I know this, but what autoimmune issues do you have. I was diagnosed with a very minor level of Celiacs about 9 or ten years ago... I am constantly worried this might be a part of my problem.

Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen

Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
  • Options
    oxinfreeoxinfree member
    edited December 2015
    ahhhhh @suzykat77 and @vssbrm you have immune issues too!?! me also! though I'm sure we've probably already chatted about that in another thread and I've just forgotten...  allergies mostly for me (a lot of food/environmental)... possible celiac as well though blood came back neg and really didn't want the scope. Getting a few more tests done on killer attack cell stuff in Jan most likely, though I'm tempted just to do intralipids regardless... might seem silly, but I believe it might be the thing that helps and the intralipids are covered by insurance, but the test isn't... kinda backwards... oh well.

Contacted the doc and looks like I'll be able to get my biopsy January afterall... so I'm super stoked about that. That being said.. my hubby is out of town and I'm nervous about going and doing it myself. Don't really have any friends I could count on in NY, so might just have to brave it solo...
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @oxinfree That sucks that your schedule is messed up. The waiting is SO HARD!! Feel free to hang out here anyway... I am not totally sure when my FET will be - I usually have 25-26day cycles and today is 26 day post MC and there is no sign of AF. I sure hopes that she shows up soon... that is unless it is a Christmas miracle and I am pregnant!! Ha! Did you hear anything back from your RE? I read through your blog yesterday and loved reading it. I feel like I have only ever written a blog update when there is new news to tell and I am going to try and write more blog posts about topics that are related to infertility.

@vssbrm I have an unspecified connective tissue disorder aka they have no idea. That paired with Raynauds and psorasis is enough for me to know I have issues. Are you adhering to a Celaic meal plan? The cycle I got my BFP I had removed all grains, dairy, sugar, nightshades, eggs, nuts and legumes from my diet - it was based on the paleo mom auto-immune protocol meal plan https://www.thepaleomom.com/autoimmunity/the-autoimmune-protocol It was REALLY hard to follow but I felt like it was worth a shot. I basically ate meat and tons of veggies.

I heard back from my doctor and they are actively looking for a donor. I feel so helpless not being able to doanything from here. He also wants me to have a few more tests done... have you ladies heard of these? 

anticardiolipin antibodies acla
    antiphospholipid antibodies apla
    trombofilic mutations of protrombin and factor V (Leiden)
    and if possible them check CELL IMMUNITY

I am going to email my OB and ask if she can order the tests. I am afraid of the cost of the tests!! I am waiting for my new job to start for my insurance to kick in so they might be especially pricy with out insurance.

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @oxinfree Somehow I missed your last post before I posted mine. SO happy you get to have the biopsy done in January!! YAY! I hope that it is an easy procedure.Tell me more about the intralipids (I am sure I can google it...) I haven't heard of it and I am willing to try everything.

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @susykat77 - I haven't heard of those specific tests, no, but a lot of tests considered "additional" or "optional" aren't often included in insurance, so just a heads up, they may all be out of pocket regardless.

I'm super impressed and inspired by your paleo following capabilities. I recently stopped eating red meat, but maybe in order to get pregnant, I should reconsider my entire diet again... honestly though, meat turns my off, and not sure how I'd do re-introducing it. Something to ponder I guess. Taking out sugar will be hard, though I'm more a salty craver, from time to time love a good sugar kick. Did you still have natural sugars (ie. fruits)? Just ones not too high in sugars? I'm gonna have a look into this more seriously. Its just so hard, but I really wanna give my best shot yet, so am fully committed... but tell me no potatoes and I wanna cry (I'm irish and LOVE my potatoes... its a love affair really). 
    Funny about you mentioning psoriasis - I get it on my scalp when I have wheat in my diet (along with other symptoms). I'm pretty darn strict about it myself! Otherwise its brutal. My dairy allergy/intolerance on the other hand has shorter term consequences so can't say I've been stellar on that in the past. But have started back strict on that front after the holidays now. 

It's good they're actively looking for a donor for you. If my husband and I are successful and have all the children we want and end up still having frosties in the bank... we're considering donating them. After all our struggles, I'd feel so happy knowing I was able to help someone else realize their dreams of having a family. Something that needs more thought when the time comes of course... I'm hoping you find an egg donor quickly though. That waiting must feel torturous!!! 

---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    haha ... we're posted over each other @susykat77 and just saw intralipids. Its taken intravenously and is a solvent of fats and oils or whatever. Can't remember exactly. It's big in the UK, but the US has started using them too... at least my doc. 
    https://haveababy.com/fertility-information/ivf-authority/intralipid-therapy-in-ivf-patients-with-activated-natural-killer-cells
    https://haveababy.com/fertility-information/ivf-authority/ivig-intralipid-therapy-in-ivf-natural-killer-cell-activity-for-diagnosis-and-treatment

---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    I do stick to a fairly strict celiac diet. Although I caved this morning and needed breakfast after being stranded in the airport, was supposed to fly out yesterday morning, and had half an egg mcnuffin. It was really hard in the beginning because I was only diagnosed in my early 20s - it was a huge life style change for this Sicilan girl. Other than that, unless I was glutened unknowingly I have been GF for 2 or so years... No that's a lie, I tried an empanada at a cooking class about a year ago.

I have been considering doing a modified paleo diet - and last week was reading up on the auto immune diet linked above. I think after New Years that is what we are going to start doing.

Ugh, after reading people stories I get so frustrated that there are so many things that could be going on, how will we ever know?? AND how does anyone ever get pregnant???

@susykat77 I hope they find your donor soon, but only soon enough that it is the perfect one for you!!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Options
    _Amanda__Amanda_ member
    edited December 2015
    Hi ladies! May I join this thread? DH and I are gearing up to start the IVF process in mid-January. We're scheduled only for our initial visit/consult, so I predict we may be gearing up to stim in Feb/March!

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

TTC #1 Sept 2007.  Dx PCOS w/ IR, no ovulation, 6 cycles of Clomid failed. First cycle of Femara gave us our first miracle in May 2011
    TTC #2. 10+ cycles of Femara w/ TI, Femara w/ IUI, Starting IVF #1 in January 2015
    My Blog

• Options
    Absolutely, welcome @_Amanda_ !! How exciting for you to be starting your journey in the new year. New Year, fresh start I suppose! :) I had a quick boo at your blog. I love that we can each express our experiences in that format. I do it so that others know they're not crazy for feeling the way they do. Although I've never been pregnant, and thus never grieved a loss, I feel like we can each relate to each other on such a deeper level than those who've never walked in our shoes. How are you feeling about starting IVF. This will be your first time correct?
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    _Amanda__Amanda_ member
    edited December 2015
    Thank you, @oxinfree !! Yes, we're hoping we can start 2016 off on a good note! 2015 was not good to me - TTC w/ IF the entire year, one m/c, and I'm also getting over the Shingles! Yuck. 

Thank you for reading my blog. I wish I had more time to blog. Blogging used to be very "popular" many years ago when we TTC our daughter. Glad to see you ladies are still blogging! I love my blog for so many reasons. It's a great way to document our IF journey, but it's also very therapeutic for me. I hope to blog more through this journey. I do plan to document our IVF journey on instagram. Anyone on instagram?  

I'm really uneasy about starting IVF, because I'm a type A personality, and I have no idea what to expect. I've been reading anything I can get my eyes on just to familiarize myself with the process. So, I apologize now if I ask any silly newbie questions! :) 

Anyone in here considering PGD/PGS testing? We would like to get the testing, since we have a history of recurrent loss. 

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you! :)<3

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

TTC #1 Sept 2007.  Dx PCOS w/ IR, no ovulation, 6 cycles of Clomid failed. First cycle of Femara gave us our first miracle in May 2011
    TTC #2. 10+ cycles of Femara w/ TI, Femara w/ IUI, Starting IVF #1 in January 2015
    My Blog

• Options
    Welcome @_Amanda_   It is exciting to be starting the IVF process!! We will do PGS/PGD testing this time around. I think with recurrent loss it is a good idea but I guess I wish we had started with guns a blazin' when we first started IVF. I am also type A, a total planner and not knowing what to expect was unsettling. So feel free to ask any and all newbie questions! You'll get no snark from me  :) I'll have to read through your blog - it is great that others are blogging! And I agree that it is VERY therapeutic. I am so sorry for your losses and I hope IVF is just what you need! I am waiting for my first period after my MC - and I have done nothing to figure out where I am in my cycle. I sure hope that it doesn't take forever (it's the planner in me wanting to start scheduling everything) Did your period return to somewhat normal after your MC?

@vssbrm  Seriously. HOW do people ever get pregnant!! I feel like I keep finding out more and more all the issues there could be but as silly as it sounds I just keep holding onto the belief that it will happen for me and that will be enough. I am going to go back to my strict AIP diet about a month before my transfer. It is SO hard to do and it takes so much preparation but I did feel great on it. I have a few more sites with recipes if you need more inspiration. 

@oxinfree  Thank you for the links. Intralipid therapy is definitely something that I am going to consider especially because I will be back in Europe for my next IVF cycle so hopefully my doc there knows about it. And I agree about blogging to help others. It is very therapeutic for me but I also started it so that of others were considering IVF abroad then they could hear the story of someone who went through it. 

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm replying on my phone which I always find way harder... @_Amanda_ ...I too am "A type" in that I like to always have a plan, be organized, know what to expect etc. as hard as I tried the first IVF cycle, it's pretty much impossible. That being said, what you can control is the mindset/attitude towards it that you choose to have. Someone else I met in person recently said to me "everything started shifting when I stopped hating and blaming my body for not doing its job. Once I started thinking (more importantly, actually believing) it WAS capable, I was able to think positively about the experience" I think this is really important as when we're struggling and feeling like a lost cause and protecting ourselves from the disappointment we tend to prepare ourselves for a negative outcome. Then we feel negatively towards all the appointments and needles etc. instead of seeing it as a positive course of action. We might believe we are thinking/feeling positively but after taking a break and stepping back, then hearing her say that, I realized I probably thought I was thinking positively at the time,, when in reality I was still holding a lot of negative feelings about it all (resentment, jealousy, anger, hopelessness etc).

I dunno... Very big concept kind of idea that's hard to put into words. Might have to try writing a blog post... Just thought I'd share as you begin this amazing (but sometimes emotionally challenging) step towards your goal.
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @susykat77 @vssbrm - I'm getting strict again diet wise. Let's agree to support each other in that respect. First cheat last night POPCORN with butter and salt. I'm such a sucker for it but the butter (dairy) is silly when I can have the healthy margarine or plain, and I recently learned popcorn isn't great for inflammation concerns. Must be better. Gah!
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @oxinfree yes! I do so much better when I have someone to answer to. I start tmrw with being super strict, I have pulled out a lot of Thai and Asian dishes to prepare and get in the dinner / lunch line-up - lots of veggies and meats, I am trying to pick ones with out rice and rice noodles or not lacking with out them. I have been feeling super crappy after eating that half of an English muffin, so i will not be tempted to cheat the GF anytime soon.

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Options
    @vssbrm - love Thai! I make a dish you should try. This recipe is definitely not exact as I've made it so long and just throw it together a little different each time but the general idea at least.

3 chicken breasts cut into chunks and browned with oil on the pan. (I use a le creuset but woks etc work too).

1 onion sliced into rings and then in half added along with 1-2 cloves garlic. Sautéed until soft.

Then I add 2 cans of coconut milk (I like best of Thai brand and prefer to separate and use only the cream leaving the water to cook the rice, not always possible).

Then I add 1-2 dried crushed red chilies sprinkle paprika (like 2 tsp maybe roughly...?) drizzle some honey (maybe like 2 tbsp?) and a splash of lemon juice (optional).

Then I let it simmer med-low for a bit before adding veg. Depending on my mood I like baby bok choy, water chestnuts, red peppers, zucchini etc. whatever combination. I love adding sliced almonds too. So good.

Sprinkle some salt/pepper. Simmer like 5-10 min and serve over rice.

Recipe can be made vegetarian, or with fish/prawns.
    Yum yum.
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    Hi! Our calender is being made Monday and we have our retrieval and transfer dates of Feb 5&10th. We are using DW eggs and I will carry. I can't wait to see if anyone else has a schedule similar to ours. Good Luck!

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    oxinfreeoxinfree member
    edited December 2015
    welcome @twomommiestobe ! Such a unique situation for you and your DW! So she'll stim, and retrieve, and then they'll transfer to you correct? Is this your first IVF? often the dates for retrieval and transfer aren't solidified until they see the response to stims but maybe your situation is different (or maybe its done differently in Canada where I've done my past IVFs). Just keep an open mind, as timing/dates may change a bit as the cycle progresses.

I think you'll likely be ahead of most of us here, I won't start stimming until Feb, maybe even March depending, so retrieval and transfer will be a bit later even. You're welcome to stick around with us, but you should also check the Jan/Feb topic to see if anyone has a closer schedule to you (support in the 2ww in particular will be helpful).

Best of luck to you, and if you have any questions, be sure to let us know! :)
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @oxinfree yeah, I know it will all depend on how she responds and the date might fluctuate a little. It is just how you imagine. The nice part is only half the meds and procedures for both of us! There are a few different ivf threads for Feb and I've tried to Jon them all. I wish this board was as organized as ttgp :cry: it is so hard to keep up with multiple threads, and especially when they reach such high numbers of pages! Lol

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    haha. Ya. Its tough @twomommiestobe because IVF is often a couple month ordeal, along with so many different protocols, so you never really know when/where yours lands among the masses. I haven't been on the ttgp page in years and years now, so can't compare, but what I do know, is that part of the reason the pages go on and on here is because in this community we tend to build really strong relationships with each other and find a lot of support because of the emotional turmoil many of us are experiencing that others can't relate to, so the conversations go on and on with a lot of back and forth. I know I'm on multiple times daily (I'm sure that's not the norm) just because I'm reminded that I'm not alone and find great comfort in that.

Hope you manage to find your 'sweet spot' here and feel welcomed :) 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @oxinfree thank you! That recipe sounds awesome. You must cook how I do, follow the recipe the first few times, after that it's off memory and modify to taste. If you like Thai, I have a few recipe for some authentic Thai curries that are out of this world! Learned them from a Thai chef. When I get home I will post them.

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Options
    Hey all! My estimated retrieval date is February 16th. My meds came today. We haven't had our nurse consult yet, and it may be a while since everything is flooded. Good luck everyone :) 
    IUI #1 November 2015 - 0% Motility
    IVF #1 January 2016 - (FAIL/Over-suppressed)
    IVF #2 May 2016 - (FAIL/25 eggs, 1 5BB xx, PGS abnormal)
  • Options
    I would LOVE that!!!! @vssbrm -I'm a big big fan of curries etc. but that's currently the only thai dish in my repertoire! :)

Hi @calfherder ! Everything is flooded? Oh no! Where do you live?
    Overwhelming getting all the needles and meds, I recall. So many drugs!!! Haha.
    I'm not quite at that stage yet... have a few tests this month before designing our protocol. Not sure when exactly we'll be cycling, but hopeful for retrieval/transfer in March (so I'll be stimming in Feb in an ideal world). We'll wait and see. Wish I was at your stage already with a plan in place. How you feeling about getting started? This your first IVF? 
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @susykat77 - just in case you are curious. I came across another article online about intralipids. Found it interesting so thought I'd share:
    https://www.yourivfjourney.com/intralipid-infusions-during-ivf-hype-or-help/
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    _Amanda__Amanda_ member
    edited January 2016

(Wow. I'm behind, so I'm so sorry this is going to be long...)  Happy New Year, everyone!! May 2016 brings us ALL our take home babies!

@susykat77 Happy to hear someone else is doing the PGS/PGD testing! I agree with you. I’d like to go into this with all “guns a blazin’”! Our insurance only covers up to $15K for myself. We’ve estimated we’ll still have to pay a large amount out of pocket for my services and 100% of DH’s costs. I’m sorry to hear about your losses too. :( After my most recent m/c, my ovulation was delayed by a week or so. That was the only change I really noticed in my subsequent cycle.

@oxinfree Thank you so much for your reply. I completely agree! I have gone through all of those emotions as well. In addition to my Type A personality I have a tendency to always have a plan B, C and D in place with everything I do. So, IVF has always been plan C or D, and now I’ve found that it is my plan A/B. And, I’m unable to create those subsequent plans. Well, my DH and I started talking about adoption, and found ourselves very interested in fostering to adopt. It just makes total sense for our life right now. Even if IVF works for us, I think we will still look into it in the future. I really feel we’re being called in that direction, and that is so comforting. So, I’ve released all of the “what ifs” of IVF and all of the negativity of “what if it doesn’t work for us”. Because, we know we’ll be able to expand our family through fostering to adopt or adoption. <3 --- I encourage you to blog about it – I’d love to read it! :) --- I have heard popcorn isn’t the best snack, unfortunately, due to the inflammation. But, my thinking is, it is better than many other snack choices. So, I say, eat your popcorn (try to exclude the butter/salt, of course – lol)! – Do you live in Canada?

@twomommiestobe Hi! I love that your wife is using her eggs, and you will carry! My heart sparkles a little. <3 My SIL just married her very long time girlfriend in Texas (where same sex marriage JUST became legal)! They already have a daughter they raise together (her wife’s child from a previous relationship), and I don’t think they plan to have any more kiddos. :( --- I’m not sure if my schedule will be similar. I’m pretty sure I’ll be after you! DH and I go in for our initial consult on Jan 11th.

Don’t they typically put you on BCP for a period of time? Is this to induce a period? Usually how long is it? (Those are questions for everyone, of course!) :)

@calfherder Welcome!

Some more questions for everyone - How does everyone handle working out/exercise during IVF? Am I ok to workout while on the BCP? 

AFM - I had a natural ovulation yesterday! This will be our very last chance to conceive on our own before we start IVF. If we are to get pregnant (without a m/c), it will be a miracle. I know I'm crazy to think I could get a BFP. I'll be 11dpo when we go in for our initial consult where they do a lot of the preliminary blood work, and testing. Do you think they'll do a beta HCG test that day? (Again, wishful thinking!) I'll definitely test that morning with urine - just in case!

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

My Blog

• Options
    I did a total revamp of my blog today. I was inspired by the ladies here who blog! I invite you to view/read:  https://rightalignedmind.blogspot.com/

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

My Blog

• Options
    @twomommiestobe Welcome! Seriously how cool is that - using DW eggs!! I am excited for you both! I agree that it is hard to know where to go on this board! The threads get so long that it is hard to jump in later and feel like you can catch up. But like someone said - I really like the back and forth conversation. Are you planning on doing a fresh transfer?

@calfherder Welcome!! I assume this is your first round of IVF? How exciting! Flooded?!? Where are you?

@vssbrm - I am a thai food junkie. I'd love it if you shared your curries... 

@oxinfree - your recipe sounds yummy! Thank you for the additional link. I really hope this is something I can do but it seems like I'll need to start it before I head over for my transfer - so we'll see.

@_Amanda_  I think that working out is fine while on BCP. It isn't until you start the stim meds as your ovaries tend to get swollen and they are worried about ovarian torsion. But that is just for high impact sports - I still swam while I was stimming. I can so relate to the holding out hope for a miracle BFP... I am in that place right now. They may do a beta test if you are having tests done that would affect a pregnancy. I really don't like taking HPT early as it is such a let down. 

For those that want it, here is my Tom Kha Gai recipe:

2 cans full fat coconut milk - 4 cans of water (only if using better than bouillon - see below)
    4 teaspoons of chicken better than bouillon (if you only have liquid chicken stock then add 4 cups of stock and omit the water above) 
    6-10 whole lime leaves 
    3-4 slices of galangal
    5-10 thai chilis smashed with a knife (depending on how spicy you want it)
    2 lemongrass stalks cut into thirds
    (the above ingredients can be found in an Asian specialty store)
    1 medium yellow onion diced
    salt to taste

Bring all of the above to a boil and add diced chicken - I usually use one package of chicken thighs or breasts
    simmer for about 15 min partially covered
    In the meantime, bring a pot of water to boil for rice noodles

Then add 10-15 diced cremini mushrooms (or any others that you like) and continue to simmer for an additional 10 min
    Add rice noodles to boiling water and follow instructions on package (you can also you rice if you prefer)
    Drain the rice noodles and turn the heat off of the soup. Add 4 tablespoons of fish sauce.

I prep each large soup bowl with a large handful of spinach and several wedges of tomato and then place a portion of rice noodles in as well. Then I ladle soup into each bowl and eat once the spinach has wilted. I top with cilantro. 

I learned this recipe at a cooking class in Chaing Mai, Thailand almost exactly one year ago. It seems like a lifetime ago!!

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    _Amanda__Amanda_ member
    edited January 2016
    @susykat77
    Oh, swimming!! I didn't think of that!! I'll ask them if I can swim in addition to the walking! I gain weight so easily. Even on Femara/letrozole alone, I gain. :( 

ALL - If anyone is on instagram, please follow me:  
    https://www.instagram.com/aiyanasmom/

I will gladly follow back! We plan to document our IVF journey there! :) 

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

My Blog

• Options
    I forgot to post it yesterday, I will try to remember tonight. It's making me hungry thinking about it.

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Options
    Yum @susykat77 - I'll have to give your recipe a try, thanks. We went to whole foods today and stocked up on a lot of things to encourage me to eat healthy and smart. Fingers crossed I do well. Off to a good start today though, so one day down. 
    In terms of the intralipids, its something you do before transfer, on transfer day and then a few times again after depending. Probably not the be-all end-all, and prednisone is another option. I'm sure you'll have success without it. I just want to stack the odds haha. ;)

@vssbrm - its making us hungry thinking about it too ;) looking forward. I pulled out a cookbook today with some other decent recipes. Tomorrow night we're making a macadamia nut crusted halibut dish with cauliflower coconut lime "rice". I'm gonna have to get creative on this paleo immune diet. I'm already craving potatoes. I bought yams, but its just not the same!!!

@_Amanda_ - swimming should be good as its low impact... and walking is of course fine too. I think the concern is training for a marathon and high impact. I didn't even think of the fact that I joined another volleyball team starting up again in a few weeks. Eek. Hmm... I'll have to figure that out. Lots of jumping, digging and hitting... probably not ideal.
    In response to your mention of adoption and fostering to adopt I felt like I was reading my own words. I will most definitely blog about it, as its something we've discussed and like you are considering regardless. Thanks for the suggestion!  And yes... gave up the popcorn. That was my last bowl. I told DH that we can't go to any movies at the theatre in the coming months as I've never once gone and NOT had popcorn. It's like my drug. I can manage to stay away at home, but too tempting all in your face smelling delish. I'm sure I'll have a bad day down the road and breakdown and have a bowl, and won't be too too hard on myself WHEN i do... but in general will be good. Hopefully...
    Congrats on natural ovulation! You're not crazy to believe a BFP is possible. It happens! I think 11dpo might be too early for a beta, but worth asking. At the same time, you might want to go in and focus on the IVF process and not get bogged down if they do a beta as they wouldn't have your answer right away anyway and might distract from your consult. Just a consideration. Good luck though! :)

---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    @susykat77 yes, we are doing a fresh. RE had originally planned on FET bc of trying to sync us and how tricky it can be. We did a mock ivf and they said my lining got thick enough very fast so we will have no issues. We still might end up doing FET, you never know!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    oxinfreeoxinfree member
    edited January 2016
    @twomommiestobe - totally true.. we can plan and plan but never know how a cycle will go. Great that your lining thickens quickly though! Has DW started stimming yet? (i can't remember) 

How's everyone else feeling @_Amanda_@susykat77 @vssbrm @calfherder ???

I have my first tracking appointment tomorrow morning leading up to Ovulation. At around 10 DPO I'll have the biopsy, SHG and trial transfer. As scared as I am I'm so so anxious to get it done and start working towards my actual cycle. Feels like an annoying speedbump along the way. I guess we also have to do immune testing. On Monday I'll be talking to them about scheduling that as well. I just wanna get this party started haha... Anyone else feeling incredibly impatient?? I'm so glad I have company coming this week to keep my mind off of things. 

Also, hubby and I DTD for the first time in like 3 months. I didn't realize it had been that long. I struggle with it, because I know if we're active I get my hopes up (stupidly) and then feel crushed once AF comes. You'd think after 5 years I'd be over this cycling of high/low but it never ends. I'm half tempted to seek counselling. Am I alone with having a negative connotation to sex after years of the struggle and heartache with bodies etc. not doing what we wanted? Having a hard time putting this into words... will have to take time and blog about it more carefully, but its really sad to see such a negative correlation with something that's supposed to be intimate and full of love etc.
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011

• TW below
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    _Amanda__Amanda_ member
    edited January 2016
    @oxinfree  I am feeling incredibly impatient as well. I was thinking about calling my clinic tomorrow, first thing in the morning, to see if anyone cancelled their IVF consult between now and the 11th. I'd love to get in there early... just to KNOW what it going on. I hate being in limbo.  :s

I can relate to the negative connotation to sex. DH and I are not as active as we used to be, but I mostly blame it on his schedule. He's a graduate student, so he sleeps very minimally, just so he can keep up with his studies. He's constantly reading. :( Ironically, I find myself closer to him during times of trying. I guess I still hold onto hope that we can conceive naturally. I mean, we were able to with our daughter (and our two m/c's), so what gives?! And the stark white BFNs, line eyes and arrival of AF is usually what puts me into a quick depression. Actually, I highly recommend counseling! I just started therapy myself for anxiety and depression! I don't like taking anti-depressants (mostly due to TTC). Seeing a psychologist has been a satisfying experience in place of prescription drugs. 

I'm 3dpo on my natural cycle, and my ovaries are both very heavy - weird. I will probably start temping tomorrow morning to catch any sort of rise. 

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

My Blog

• Options
    @oxinfree I can so relate. On so many levels. Yes, I feel so impatient!! I know I need to have my cycles regulated but I just want to have it happen already! And the sex. Ugh. Infertility totally messes with the sex. So exciting that your first appointment is tomorrow! Seeing a therapist has been really wonderful for me in the past... I think it would be really good for me to see someone again. 

**MC mentioned**

I started my period today - 31days post MC. I usually have a 25-26day cycle so it didn't take too long. I was feeling pretty good about starting my period so that way I can start planning my trip back to Prague - but then I was hit with the news of a friends pregnancy. They invited us over for the Broncos football game and told us around halftime. I am happy for them but I felt totally trapped there and wasn't able to process my feelings. I burst into tears on the way home. They are due 2 weeks after when I was due. I am so heartbroken. They weren't even trying. UGH. Why not me!?!?!!!! End pity party.

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @oxinfree no meds for either of us yet besides bcp. We get our calendar today and go in Wed to discuss it and some testing I think. I think she will be starting Lupron this weekend.
    Fyi- if y'all think it's hard keeping up with meds, it is worse with two doing meds at the same time!! Lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Hello! Can I join you all? We are planning our first IVF cycle. Right now it looks like we are scheduled to start stims late Feb/early March but we have a meeting with the RE tomorrow.

I'm 28, DH is 33. We've been at this TTC thing for about 5 years. :( **BFP and m/c mentioned**

When we first starting trying, I got pregnant quicker than I expected, especially with my PCOS. I ended up having a m/c around 9 weeks and haven't been able to get pg since. This was May 2011. Yikes. We've done different IF treatments since then. I also had a uterine septum that was finalllly discovered and removed last year. We tried to give it another few cycles of femara and clomid, thinking maybe the septum was why we weren't conceiving even though I was ovulating, but BFN. SO. After 2 surgeries, 9 cycles of clomid, 1 cycle of femara, and 1 IUI, we are finally moving onto IVF. I am super nervous and feel really confused about a lot of things, so I am looking forward to connecting with some of you!

<3 *Loss & bfp mentioned*

me 28 (Lean PCOS, hypothyroid) dh 33
    TTC #1 since early 2011
    May 2011- natural pregnancy (metformin only); m/c @ 9 weeks + D&C
    July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN
    August 2014- lap to remove uterine septum. Everything else looking good.
    Moving onto IVF Feb/March 2016 Just kidding. Natural bfp 1/30/16.
    1st beta 2/1 = 110. 2nd beta 2/3 = 332.

First ultrasound 2/19 - one baby with a heart rate of 127! EDD 10/11/2016

BabyFruit Ticker