Infertility
Options

Feb/March IVF/FET

Re: Feb/March IVF/FET

• Options
    2015dee I'm sure every place is a little different, but for us: I had my ER scheduled for 9:30, had to be at the clinic at 8:00. We were told if we lived within an hour, DH could bring it in from home. We live a little further, so he waited... they took him first thing when we arrived. 

--------

Me: 42 | DH: 39 | Us: Married since April 2014 | TCC 20 months before IVF

Me: unexplained infertility (AMA?) | DH: No issues

1st IVF cycle with ICSI & PGS | ER 1/21/16  | FET  4/26/16, ectopic

2nd FET 09/20/16 | DS born May 2017

3rd FET 09/14/20

• Options
    @oxinfree I'll just say that yesterday I went out for a walk wearing my smallest exercise shorts and an athletic jacket, and I probably would have been okay without the jacket. And I am very glad that DH is going to be able to make tomorrows appointment. I was not super interested in having to find time during the day to go and pay a notary to watch us sign it! Yay about your DH having his appointment! Does it require being poked and prodded in his very-sensitive-to-others region?

@2015dee Thanks! Should be easy and I should realistically have some idea based on the ultrasound I get to see. Before trying to start a family I found that having PCOS (though I didn't know it at the time) to be nice because I could go 3 months with no period. Now of course it is the worst! I am quite excited about the boat trip. It is the first time we're all going on an overnight. Should be interesting! AFY, realistically your DH needs to just suck it up. Does he not see that you have to get half naked and have people stick things in your vagina multiple times a month?! And have surgery!? He should be able to masturbate in a small room once or twice! When we did our ER they waited until there was confirmation that they got some eggs then had DH give his sample.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

thanks, everyone, for answers re: SA. I guess he will just have to suck it up. :)

@MelD17011 - woo hoo!!!! keep growing!!

<3 *Loss & bfp mentioned*

me 28 (Lean PCOS, hypothyroid) dh 33
    TTC #1 since early 2011
    May 2011- natural pregnancy (metformin only); m/c @ 9 weeks + D&C
    July 2011- lap to remove dermoid cyst
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN
    August 2014- lap to remove uterine septum. Everything else looking good.
    Moving onto IVF Feb/March 2016 Just kidding. Natural bfp 1/30/16.
    1st beta 2/1 = 110. 2nd beta 2/3 = 332.

First ultrasound 2/19 - one baby with a heart rate of 127! EDD 10/11/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hey all!

@capps42613 how did your consult go? Are you overwhelmed with all the information that was provided?? Such a bummer that they weren't able to schedule you on day 3 or 4. Hopefully things will all fall into place quickly!

@melD17011 YAY that is fantastic news that 4 were frozen!

@2015dee how long will you be on BCP for? Sounds like we are pretty close in all of our testing, etc. so we may be close in schedules!

@vssbrm that is awesome your appointment went so well and you got an A+!! Sounds like things are moving full-speed ahead for you! I didn't shop around pharmacies either, I have to go through my insurance but they have been pretty reasonable in the past for my IUIs.

@knottie1432834683 thank you for saying that it is ok to be overwhelmed with the box of meds! I had a total freak out moment thinking about picking them up from the pharmacy later this week!! That is great advice your friend gave you and I will definitely be repeating "I can do this" over and over again throughout this whole process! That stinks you got called into work yesterday. I had a 3 hour delay this morning still and it was a very nice way to ease back into the work week!

@_amanda_ that stinks about the bleeding and headaches while on BCP but awesome that everything is hopefully getting moved up a week!!!! Did you have your ultrasound yet to make sure everything is good to go?

@oxinfree it's almost Friday so hopefully you get your results first thing in the morning and don't have to wait all day. Fingers crossed that everything comes back good and you can get your protocol soon!

AFM - scheduled my saline sono and mock transfer for next Thursday and injections class for 02/10. The class is 2 hours long!! My coworker who went through IVF said it was the most helpful thing ever, but she went through another clinic so I'm hoping mine is just as good! Got a call from the pharmacy that my meds are ready to be picked up after 12pm tomorrow so I'll have DH pick me up from work so I don't have to carry them home on the metro. Also had to pay our out of pocket expenses on the IVF today so it REALLY feels real now! I have a feeling next thing I know I'll be starting stims and I'm all anxiously excited!

Sounds like everything is getting ready to get things started! I'm excited that some of us will be on a similar schedule and hopefully we will keep each other (somewhat) sane!

• Options
    @mtpbadger You'll have to let us know how your class goes. My nurse just sent me to a website to watch videos of how to do it, then we both went in, she went over it again quickly, asked if we had any questions and we left.

@MelD17011 Congrats on getting 4 embies!! Do they think the others won't make it? Hopefully at least one of those four is viable!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    I will definitely let you all know how the class goes and share any resources I get!!
  • Options

@mtpbadger that’s a long class! I’ve heard of others needing to do it in a more formal way – we literally just met with our nurse

@ AandDM2014 yes, 4 out of the 11 made it to blastocysts by day 6, so those are the ones we’ll do testing on and freeze

--------

Me: 42 | DH: 39 | Us: Married since April 2014 | TCC 20 months before IVF

Me: unexplained infertility (AMA?) | DH: No issues

1st IVF cycle with ICSI & PGS | ER 1/21/16  | FET  4/26/16, ectopic

2nd FET 09/20/16 | DS born May 2017

3rd FET 09/14/20

• Options
    My appt today went really well. The doctor explained the whole process. I wasn't too overwhelmed since I knew what he was talking about from following you guys. I was happy to hear that he basically has everything he needs testing wise already from me (including a previous SHG from when we were trying to identify our infertility issues a year ago). He did a vaginal US to take a look at my uterus, ovaries, follicles, and fibroids. He said everything looks good. He even did a mock transfer today which I was not expecting, but glad bc it's one less thing we need to do!

Next on the list is to get some bloodwork done (repeat TSH bc I'm hypothyroid, hepatitis, etc). DH and I are attending an IVF info session on Feb 8th. I just need to call back when AF comes to start meds in February. We are currently on schedule for a mid-March transfer if all goes well!!!

*trigger warning* As far as how many embryo's to transfer, doc will only transfer 1 since I've held a pregnancy naturally already, he says that my odds for a successful IVF are good, so he doesn't want to transfer more than 1. We are totally ok with that. I'm at a standstill til AF arrives, but I'm one step closer! I've never looked forward to AF before in my life. Lol

Happy to hear some of your successful ER's & blastocysts!!
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    Ladies, I am so behind - I just started a new job on Monday but I seriously need to vent and need some for real creepy internet hugs.

I just got an email form the clinic in Prague and they haven't found a donor yet and they informed me that there is a delay in the PGS testing so that they will have to push me back another cycle. Which means not flying back out there until the end of March and having the FET the first week of April at the soonest. I am so angry and so sad. I can't stop crying.  :sob: I don't want another delay. I am so OVER this torturous waiting. I just want to be a mom... is that too much to ask!?!?!???  I blogged more in depth about it as well as included my infertility playlist that mostly makes me cry.  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  https://wearethehammitts.blogspot.com/2016/01/delay.html

I promise to come back and catch up but right now I am incapable of seeing through the tears.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

@MelD17011  Yay! 4 Beautiful Blasts hopefully they will come back with good results.  FX crossed!

@mtpbadger  Good luck on Saline Sono/Mock transfer and Injections Class. From what I remember from my fresh cycle, I don't think the the saline sono painful at all (nothing like the HSG) and the Injections class was helpful.  DH really liked it because nurse kept complimenting him on his "steady hand" -- truthfully, I think part of the reason they give these classes is not only to teach you how to give the injections and draw the medication, but also to build confidence to people that do the injections.  

@2015dee - I had the same experience as the others. We live less than an hour from the clinic so DH produced sample at home about 1.5 hours before we had to do ER and we brought it in. But DH also did not like the sample room when he had to get his sperm tested when we started this process a couple years - -I think that was because of the art and magazine selection they had.  If you're not opposed, you could encourage your DH to download onto his phone the video of his choice or whatever to help that process along.  I can only imagine what's its like to try and achieve the big O while in a sterile doctor's room under pressure that you have to produce. :wink:  

AFM: Saline sono tomorrow- hopefully will go smooth. Now that the snow is melting, I'm trying to get in as many runs/spin classes as possible.  After the ET, my RE doesn't want me to do any exercise (well except light walking and yoga) so I'm trying to take advantage of the next few weeks!
    About me: 
    Me 35, DH 36 (Unexplained Infertility, possible PCOS) TTC for 3.5 years. 
    10 clomid cycles (TI & IUI with ovidrel triggers - all BFN). 
    *Loss mentioned & Trigger warning
    #1 IVF May 2015- resulted in 15 5-day Blasts - SET (fresh) with BFP. Ectopic Preg @ 5w2d, treated with Methotrexate.
    #2 FET, Sept. 2015, SET MC@8 wks with D&C in November 2015. 
    13 remaining blasts sent for PGS testing.  1 did not survive the thaw. 6 came back normal from PGS. 
    #3 FET 5/16/16 SET - BFP 5/20/16 Beta's looked great and so did ultrasounds- officially released to my OB! EDD 2/1/17.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You know those days when you want to have an adult temper tantrum... That is today. For no good reason, impatience maybe?
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    Hey all... 
    a little update... So DH has his urologist aptm yesterday. I didn't go with him, but here's the lowdown. Doc was definitely concerned. Varicocele seem to be present (we expected this), but what was more concerning were a few cysts. He had an ultrasound and bloodwork and is going for yet another sperm analysis and culture. Of course we're more concerned about testicular cancer than our fertility at this point, but are hopeful the cysts are merely a result of the varicocele. He will go back for a follow up aptm once he's done the sperm deposit. FX. No news still on my own biopsy results. I'll keep you all posted, but in the meantime apologize if I'm MIA. Work is crazy and I'm a little stressed as I'm sure you can all relate/imagine. Keep us in your thoughts :)
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options

@mtpbadger - I think I have 23 days on bcp. If all goes according to plan, I will start stims on Feb 26. I need someone close to my schedule to help me through this! :)

@capps42613 -that sounds great! we will be on a similar schedule too. are you doing bcp first?

@susykat77 - OMG I am SO sorry!!!! That is so devastating. I will keep you in my thoughts.

@vssbrn - I'm on the verge of an adult temper tantrum most days lately. :(

@oxinfree - how scary!! I How soon will he have the follow-up? The waiting is the worst part. Does having a varicocele that really matter if doing IVF?  

TTC #1 since early 2011
    August 2012-current- 9 rounds of Clomid, 1 cycle of Femara, several cycles of soy isos, 1 IUI, O'd every cycle, BFN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi ladies -
    I'm wondering if I can join and follow along?
    About me - I'm 31 and my partner is 35. Our issue seems to be male factor/ low morphology due to a mild varicocele.
    We have done 2 unsuccessful IUIs + Letrozole and decided to move onto IVF. We had our first meeting today with the doctor and IVF nurse, and went over timeline, paperwork, meds, etc.
    They're looking to do testing (infectious disease testing, uterine cavity assessment, trial embryo transfer) this month's cycle, then start birth control around February 22 after my next period, and do baseline around March 7 with injections/stims and then retrieval March 21 and transfer by early April.
  • Options
    vssbrmvssbrm member
    edited January 2016
    @2015dee I will be starting stims around Feb 22 a little before you, but close! I will be sure to tell you how easy and wonderful the whole process is!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen

Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
  • Options

@MR449 - welcome! happy to have you with us!

@vssbrm - good :) I'm definitely worried about the whole process, especially the injections. I'm also freaking out about the dose they have me on, but TRYING to trust that they know what they're doing.

TTC #1 since early 2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi guys - hopped on here after work and I'm sorry everyone is having so many complications. 

@susykat77  - I'm so sorry.  That sucks and I'm sorry you're having to go through all this.  We are thinking of you and hope that you get some good news in the next couple of weeks that they have found a donor and things can start moving forward. I'm sure you don't want to wait one more day than you have to.

@vssbrm - totally know those days. You're allowed to have that anytime!

@oxinfree-So sorry - I'm sure that's scary and not helping what stress factor esp. with work and everything.  I hope its nothing serious and the cysts are harmless. Keeping you in my thoughts! 

Hi @MR449 - welcome! I wish we didn't have to meet on this chat board but hopefully we can be a source of support during this process for you. Hoping you have a smooth cycle!

MC Mentioned+++

AFM- I hate to add onto the bad news, but we had a minor setback today. I went in for my saline sono today to make sure that after the miscarriage and D&C and then awful period I had last week that everything had been emptied out of my uterus and it looked normal.  Unfortunately, it does not and I still have retained quiet a bit of tissue from the miscarriage. UGH. So now I have to go in for a Hysteroscopy procedure on Feb. 8, which is where they put you under (like the D&C) and the put a camera in your uterus and manually remove the tissue.  So that sucks.  Silver lining -- maybe? is that they are not planning on pushing back my ET transfer date unless the hysteroscopy is complicated. So FX that we can still move forward with ET on March 4.  On top of that, I had drinks with a colleague/friend tonight and she told me she is 5 months pregnant.  She knows what I have been going through so I think she was very apprehensive to tell me and was not at all rude about it or anything.  But you know, when that happens, you want to be happy, but your heart breaks a little.  So now I wait until Feb. 8 for the hysteroscopy....

++++++
    Me 35, DH 36 (Unexplained Infertility)TTC for 3 years. 
    #1 IVF May 2015- resulted in 15 5-day Blasts - SET (fresh) with BFP. Ectopic Preg @ 5w2d, treated with Methotrexate.
    #2 FET, Sept. 2015, MC@8 wks with D&C in November. 
    13 remaining blasts sent for PGS testing.  1 did not survive the thaw. 6 came back normal from PGS. 
    #3 FET Scheduled 3/4/16
    About me: 
    #3 FET 5/16/16 SET - BFP 5/20/16 Beta's looked great and so did ultrasounds- officially released to my OB! EDD 2/1/17.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Knottie1432834683 so sorry to hear you're going through this. And also sorry your friend dropped that bomb on you...people who haven't dealt with this just don't understand what we're going through....
  • Options
    ssandbergssandberg member
    edited January 2016
    Hi everyone! I've been a bit MIA as I just resigned my job to start a new one in 3 weeks! I'm excited -- this will provide me a lot more flexibility and support through this IVF journey. So forgive me as I play catch-up...

@MelD1700 congrats! We got very similar results -- 6 fertilized and 4 made it to day5. I should find out the PGS results in a couple days. So nerve-wracking!

@susykat my heart goes out to you. Nothing about this journey is easy, and all of our stories are unique while still similar. Sending internet love and hugs to you. 

@2015dee my DH also gave his 'deposit' at the clinic. When we did our IUIs he had to use a bathroom, so he said the clinic was a real step up :)

The debate about transferring 1 versus 2 is a real one. I'm not sure if my clinic has a policy on it, but we'd like to transfer 2. Both DH and I are up for twins, and frankly, (wishful thinking) I'd love to get two kids in one shot (pun?) and not have to keep doing IVF. 

For those paying OOP, I have to post again about Town Drug Store because I saved $2,500 on meds last time. SUCH a game-changer for us. I'm a real, normal person (who got 7 eggs) so I can vouch that the drugs are legit and not saliene water (you know, bc who doesn't worry that the drugs aren't full of nothingness?). Before I ordered them I asked my clinic if they had used them before and they said yes, many times. So save some money on this crazy journey people! XO

Question for you all -- does your clinic do delestrogen for FET? My clinic gave me a prelim plan for the transfer process, and I hadn't heard of this drug before. They also didn't say anything about being on bc pills beforehand. Weird?
  • Options
    @ssandberg for Town Drug Store - did you do a shipped order? If so, how long did it take? Always looking for a way to save $$$ since this process is so expensive out of pocket!

• Options

Once again, catching up...

@ssandberg Thank you so much for your love and support. It is appreciated. So exciting about your new job!! Having a job that is flexible with IVF is a must! I quit mine to go through it and now have a new job that I think is more understanding. I am all for transferring two, although I do have concerns with additional complications during pregnancy due to twins. My dad told me when I was 14yrs old that I had hips for birthing children (I can't believe he said that to me!!) I guess it'is a good thing. I was on Estrace (which is another name for the drug you mentioned) but if I am remembering correctly, I took it after my FET. I may have started it a few days before... I can't remember back to October.

@knottie143283 Welcome!! I too had a MMC in December. So sucked! I am SO sorry you are going through this!!! I guess that explains the horrible period. I am happy that they have a plan but totally feel for you having to go through another procedure. Totally sucky. BUT as you said, silver lining is that your ET is not being pushed back. As far as the friend telling you the news of her pregnancy, I can so relate. I currently have 4 friends who are pregnant and I really appreciate when I find out virtually versus in person – that way I can have my feeling about it and then be happy for them once I see them in person. I feel pretty bitter toward a friend of mine who told me in person at an event where I couldn’t leave… I hate feeling trapped and not able to process my emotions. Big hugs to you and thank you for your kind words and support through my upsetting news. Also, you might want to ask about exercise during stims… I was not allowed to do any high impact exercise like running (and really didn’t feel like it) I started swimming instead.

@mr449 Welcome!! Please join in! I am wishing you success in your IVF journey. It is an  exciting thing to be starting IVF!

@2015dee Thank you for your support. I was told the same thing about the sperm sample… as long as it was there within the hour. But I told DH we wanted everything perfect so he had to deal with the little room!! Ha! Those fellas.

@oxinfree I am sending good thoughts to you and your DH. I really hope the cysts are not cancer and that this is just a little bump in the road. I am hoping for your results today! Big hugs!!

@vssbrm Yes I am familiar with the adult temper tantrums. ;-) So happy though that you SHG went so well. It is nice to know that you are set up for success with your amazing reserve numbers and beautiful insides ;-)

@capps42613 So happy that you got some much done in your appointment! It is kind of a funny feeling to wish for AF to show up! But it is good the doc is giving you good odds for a successful pregnancy.

@mtpbadger So happy that everything is moving right along! Forking over the money definitely makes it real!! Definitely let us know what you learn in the class.

@MelD17011 SO EXCITING that you are having 4 biopsied!!!! How long do you (we) have to wait to hear?!?! Thanks for the chart. That is helpful.

@AandDM2014 Glad you got the paperwork figured out for DH. What a pain! The overnight boat trip sounds amazing but that’s a bummer DH can’t make it.

@_Amanda_ So sorry you’ve been bleeding forever!! But YAY your schedule got moved up a week!!! When is your ultrasound?? Fx for calm ovaries!!

AFM- I sent another strongly worded email on Thursday letting them know my disappointment and this morning I received an email saying they had found a donor!! Yay!! They said the earliest I could have my FET is March 10 – which I think works for my next cycle (I should be around CD 15 then and my last FET was on cycle date 19.) I am SO hoping that the timing can work out for next cycle. I could potentially fly out March 8 and transfer sometime around March 12-14.  I really hope I hear back from him about the timeline soon so I can start looking for flights!! I haven’t been able to check in during the day with my new job but I think that I will be able to more often in the next week or two. Sorry if I missed anyone. Sending happy thoughts and big (creepy internet) hugs to all of you!! Happy Friday!

**Question** for those of you who have had a prior FET what CD was your transfer on?

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hi Ladies, can I join your group? 

Quick snapshot on my current status: I had egg retrieval in January (17 eggs) and progesterone levels were to high to do a fresh transfer, so they are now frozen.  I had 12 fertilize, 6 made it to day 3 and day 6, then those 6 had PGS testing done, 3 remain that have no abnormalities.  (2 boys and 1 girl).  I decided to take a month off and do the FET in March.  Now I have to try and keep my mind off of this and live through everyone else getting FET done soon.  March seems so far away, but I'm sure it will also be here before I know it. 

I will try and catch up on all older posts... :)

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Options
    @babyexpress welcome to our group!! I think March will be here before we all know it and in the meantime, since you have been though the ER before, please share any advice or thoughts!! I'm both hoping the next month flies by but also not because I fluctuate between anxious and excited! 

@oxinfree I am so so sorry to hear that news! Hopefully you will get further information soon and everything will be ok. Keeping you and your DH in my thoughts and prayers. Did you get your results back today?

@susykat77 that is awesome news they found a donor!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything works out with finding flights and all! 

AFM - omg. If I thought paying for the cycle made it feel real, going to the pharmacy, paying for and getting all the meds makes it even more real!! Really wish I had taken a picture of DH's face as the meds kept piling up on the counter, LOL!! He finally understood why I wanted him to pick me up and not take the metro home!

TGIF!!

• Options
    @mtpbadger I was out of town the day I needed my meds to be picked up, so I had my DH do it.  Oh my goodness did he freak out about the 3 bags he had to carry out.  He almost walked out of pharmacy thinking "there is no way this is right".  Funny stuff.  It is shocking to see everything.

Married: 8/29/2009
    TTC- since we got married (off and on)
    TTC with focus: Since July 2015
    Currently had 2 rounds of failed IUIs, failed TI monitored cycle
    December 2015: Starting 1st IVF cycle
    January 2016: Retrieval
    March 2016: Pending Transfer (I have 3 PGS tested embryos waiting for a womb)
    April 2016: BFP, the old fashioned way.

• Options
    ssandbergssandberg member
    edited January 2016
    @MR449 I did use the shipping method. It took 5 days for the meds to get to me - over the Christmas holidays to  boot! My clinic actually sent them the order and they processed it right away. It comes with ice packs that kept it all nice and cool. You can call their number on the website and talk to Izzy, he's great. 

AFM -- AF came today, very early. I'm ok with that because it means the FET date is that much closer! Transfer will probably happen mid-March for me. 
  • Options
    @capps42613 What wonderful news! Hopefully AF comes soon!

@susykat77 I saw and read your blog. Such a terrible thing. I am so very sorry! Oh wait, you posted again saying they found a donor! Yay! I did my previous FET well past cycle day 11, but my body was slow to respond to the estrogen pills so my lining took forever to grow to the right thickness.

@oxinfree Woah! That isn't great news. Hopefully everything is okay.

@MR449 Welcome to our group! Hopefully all your tests go well!

@Knottie1432834683 So sorry to hear about the results from your test. I did a hysteroscopy for polyp removal and it isn't bad at all. You'll be totally fine and do great! And it is nice that it won't impact your transfer date!

@babyexpress Welcome! Congrats on getting 3 normal embies! Hopefully you can find something to keep your mind occupied while waiting for March to roll around!

AFM - My appointment yesterday went well so I started estrogen and baby aspirin in addition to reducing my Lupron down to 10 units (from 20). I'm still thinking that transfer will be sometime during the week of February 15th. Hope everyone's weeks went well!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    Hi Everyone,

@ssandberg I'm taking DelEstrogen for my FET. I took it for my last FET too.  Its an intramuscular injection (like PIO) but for me its only given once every three days. 

@susykat77  I'm sorry to hear about your MC - looks like it happened to us around the same time :-(  I read the details on your blog.  Its especially hard after we've been trying to so hard to get pregnant.    Did you do any PGS/PGD testing on your embryos before the transfer? I didn't do it the first two times around but did it this time and I'm hoping that it works.  I'm inspired by your and @ssandberg decision to quit your jobs!  I'm also SO Happy to hear they found an egg donor.  I would be interested to hear more about why you are doing this all in Prague?  and It sounds like you moved to Prague? I'm a quarter Czech so I think its super cool.  I will definitely ask about the high impact exercise.  Also- you asked about transfer. My transfers for my 5/6 day blasts have always been 5DPO or CD 19. 

@babyexpress  Welcome. I'm sorry your transfer we delayed!  Hopefully you'll have a smooth FET in March and some good news!

@AandDM2014 thanks for your insight on the hysterscopy.  Its reassuring to know its not bad.  Feb. 15 is right around the corner!
    About me: 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    2015dee2015dee member
    edited January 2016

Oh Knottie, I am so sorry! As it having a m/c weren't bad enough. :( That sucks so bad. But hopefully there will be no change in your timeline! My FX for you!

@susykat77 - yay! I was so relieved to have read that. I hope things continue to go according to plan!

@AandDM2014 - still hoping for a Valentine's Day baby for you!

@babyexpress - welcome. thanks for joining us on this crazy journey!

I'm supposed to start bcp tonight. I was on prometrium for 7 days (20th-26th) to supposedly induce a period because I don't usually get it on my own. Well, I haven't started of course. I called my nurse last week and she said I am supposed to start the bcp regardless of if I have a period or not. Then I have my sonohystogram next week. It just doesn't make much sense to me because I thought the whole point of the prometrium was so that I had a period before the sonohystogram. IDK....I guess I will just follow directions.....

TTC #1 since early 2011

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I am visiting my best friend on a mini vacation right now so I am going to be scarce this week, but I wanted to check in. 

@AandDM2014  I hope you respond well and looking forward to hearing about your transfer!! Fx!!

@babyexpress welcome! 

@susykat77 & @ssandberg you guys quit your jobs too?? My last day is next week! It's coming so soon. My job is so stressful it just does not seem worth it to have the stress working against us. 

@Knottie1432834683 I'm so sorry you have to deal with more. Hopefully everything from here out goes smoothly! Fx for you.

@2015dee so frustrating! Sometimes we have to take that deep breath and just follow directions. So frustrating though!!!

We got our Counsyl results back! We each tested negative for anything!! I'm shocked that that is even possible, but I'll take it! We still have to make an apt w the doc to go over everything so hopefully I did not misinterpret anything!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Options
    @2015dee Lol on just following directions. I think a lot of IVF is just following directions. Weird though that they wouldn't wait until you actually starting bleeding.

@vssbrm congrats on your test being negative... though I don't know that is much comfort for why you haven't conceived yet...

AFM - Today is my last day of one crazy lady pill (estrace). Tomorrow I go up to two. Time for me to start getting super crazy. Yay!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @AandDM2014 yes, that is the big question. My husbands sperm mostly (the percentage that do is extremely low) do not have the acrosomal cap - which, I am sure you all know this, is what the sperm use to penetrate the egg so it can fertilize it. I'm praying so hard that that truly is the only issue and the IVF w ICSI does the trick for us. FX.

I I hope things don't get too crazy for you, but it sounds like you are embracing it!! Good luck.

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Options
    Hard day today. At the end of a 2 hour call, my BFF told me she's pregnant. Their second month of trying. It's SO hard not to get down about this stuff. She's my third close friend that's gotten pregnant in the last 6 months. I find I shut down about my journey once I know a friend is pregnant. Talking about shots and PGS just doesn't feel the same. I'm back to seeing my therapist, which helps. But geezus it's hard.  
  • Options
    @babyexpress Welcome!! So exciting that you have 3 PGS tested frosties!! I will also be doing a FET in mid March (I hope!)

@2015dee That is weird about starting BCP and not actually having started your period...but like you said I guess you should just follow the instructions?? 

@vssbrm I did quit my job back in May when my DH and I moved to Prague for 7 months for IVF treatment. Unfortunately, I started a new job this past week... Exciting that you are almost done with yours! And VERY exciting that both you and DH have no genetic issues. YAY!

@AandDM2014 Ah... the crazy lady pills! We just have to embrace the crazy.I forget, were you on Lupron before the estrace? If so how many day were you on it? I am just figuring out all my meds for my DE FET. So exciting though that things are moving along!

@ssandburg I am so sorry about your BFF's news. 
    I feel ya sister. I am so tired of hearing about other peoples pregnancies. I am so ready for my turn (and yours and all of us that are struggling).  It is great that you are back to seeing your therapist. Big hugs to you.

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014

BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @ssandberg So sorry to hear about your friend. Hopefully she told you in a nice way!

@susykat77 Yeah, they aren't much fun. Poor DH. I was on Lupron and still am. I'll be on it for at least another 5 days, though probably more like 10-13 days based on how it was last time. I'm only doing 10 units, which is hardly anything, but my doc insists on it.

AFM - Today I've had two teary-for-no-reason moments. Lame. And when it came time for dinner, oh boy was it not pleasant. The DH wanted to go out, but he wanted to go somewhere right across the street from USC that has no parking, which means driving until you find a spot on the street. It was majorly stressing me out, so we decided on a boxed dinner at home instead. I was very thankful that DH passed up really tasty pizza to help me feel better. This coming week is going to be crazy for DHs work schedule, which I am not looking forward to. He works from home most of the time, so having him gone for 12 hours a day is going to be lonely.

I hope everyone enjoys their last day of the weekend!

About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    Thanks for the support ladies. She wasn't unkind about it, but also wasn't sensitive. "I have a surprise for you" was how she told me. I've actually been a bit scared to call her all month (she lives in a different state) thinking I might hear those dreaded words.  

I'm curious if others have this experience -- my girlfriends who didn't need any "assistance" getting pg just assume that I'll get pg doing IVF. They'll say things like, "Oh wow, so you'll be pg in March!" and stuff like that. Like IVF is a guarantee or something. I've had to set clear boundaries around this and explain that it's not helpful to me. I know they mean well, but I'm not in a place to take it that way. It just feels like even more pressure. 

Before I forget, I have some meds remaining that I'd love to pass on. It's a tragedy to have them go to waste, and I'd rather give them to a fellow IVFer than sell them (karma!). It's not a lot, but 150 menopur and ~400 follistim. Anyone in SoCal? @AandDM2014 you mentioned USC, so you and I might be close? 
  • Options
    @vssbrm - congrats on the great counsyl results. that's excellent!

@AandDM2014 - crazy times indeed. Oh good ole estrace. Glad to hear that DH is ready to be super supportive and understanding ;) 

@ssandberg - ugh. the worst. its like being pummelled by waves, you get a quick breath, only to get pummelled by the next. Setting boundaries is really important. I hope they can respect them. Great to hear you're talking to therapist. big hugs. 

AFM - no news. still in limbo. Busy busy. :)
    ---
    Started TTC April 2011
    Me: 32, DH: 32
    Diagnosis: Endometriosis

• 2012 - 3 Rounds clomid - all BFN
    • 2013 - 1 Fresh IVF with 2 day 3 embryos - BFN
    • 2014 - 1 Frozen IVF with 2 day 5 embryos - BFN
    • Took a long break, continuing trying naturally
    • Feb 2016 - Biopsy = Endo, DH sperm improved from 1% to 6% morphology
    • March 2016 - Fresh IVF cycle with acupuncture & intralipids: 20 eggs retrieved (17 mature), 7 ICSI'd fertilized, 9 naturally fertilized. 16 total embryos!
    • April 8th - 2 embryos (1ICSI and 1 Natural) transferred. (7 blastocysts frozen), April 18th - Beta = BFN
    • Sept 23rd - Lupron Depot Injection for Endo control
    • Nov 15th 2016 - Started daily Lupron Injections for upcoming FET
    • Nov 22 - Baseline US/BW - Intralipid Infusion - Start Meds for FET with immune protocol
    • Dec 16th FET transfer of 3 embryos (1 - AA, 2 - BB)
    • TW below
    • Dec 22nd - first ever bfp (very faint lines FRER & cheapie)
    • Dec 27th Beta = 192, Dec 29th Beta = 379
    • EDD - Sept 5th 2017

- - -
    I'm a YouTube vlogger who talks about Infertility, IVF and Endometriosis. Check it out here!
    Follow along at http://liv4today.blog
    Instagram @liv4todayvlog 

• Options
    _Amanda__Amanda_ member
    edited February 2016
    Oh man, guys..... I admit defeat. Shamefully, I just cannot keep up with the updates anymore. :( 

Here's my u/s update from Friday:
    1 cyst - it really scared me. Could it delay our start??
    2 mm uterine lining
    E2 was "less than 5" and perfect! They shoot for under 90.
    23 antral follicles on the right
    16 antral follicles on the left .... whoa.

Overall, my RE wasn't concerned about the cyst They seem to believe this isn't a new cyst, like it's leftover from last cycle? And, it hasn't grown. Honestly, I'm nervous. But, I need to trust what they are telling me. They gave us the green light to start follistim TONIGHT!! E2 level on Wednesday and u/s Friday! I'm excited!!

While I'm admitting defeat, I must admit that I really do not like the format of the forum here. I created a FB group a few days ago, and I debated on sharing it here, because I do not want to "mess" with the friendships already made by ANY means. But, if you'd like to participate, we're making matches for Sock Buddies right now. The group is for the same timeline as here - February and March -   https://www.facebook.com/groups/IVFMarch2016/

Me (33) | DH (33)
    Married in Oct 2005

TTC #1 Sept 2007.  Dx PCOS w/ IR, no ovulation, 6 cycles of Clomid failed. First cycle of Femara gave us our first miracle in May 2011
    TTC #2. 10+ cycles of Femara w/ TI, Femara w/ IUI, Starting IVF #1 in January 2015
    My Blog