August 2016 Moms
Options

Welcome to August 2016: Introduce yourself here!

Re: Welcome to August 2016: Introduce yourself here!

• Options
    Hello!

My name is Sarah, I'll be turning 30 tomorrow and my H and I are pregnant with our first child after trying for 19 months. I live in northern Michigan and work as a licensed veterinary technician. My EDD is August 1st. I'm excited to get to know everyone!!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Chelsie and Im 6 weeks tomorrow with my first baby. Planning for 8 months and trying for 2, we're so excited for all that is about to come within the next 8 months. I have a rare medical condition and although its said to be safe for a baby and I've been well for years, I am extra scared but excited. I will be the only recorded female with my condition to concieve in the US. No pressure :) First Doctor Appointment is 1/20, cant come soon enough!
    Im very excited to share this experience with all of you and love the discussions/advice! Congrats to you All
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you xx
  • Options
    Hi August Mamas! We just found out we are expecting our second little blessing at the end of August! So excited! We also have a super awesome (and crazy) 20 month old boy. I'm so excited to see him become a big bro! Congrats to everyone!
  • Options
    Hello and congratulations to everyone! I am Lana, 26 and from Ireland. I am 8 weeks pregnant with our second child. Our first is a 4 year old girl who will be super excited when she finds out!
  • Options
    Hello! My name J'Aime and I'm 25 years old and I live in SLC, Utah. Originally born and raised in Las Vegas and moved here recently for my husband's company. Being cold and pregnant is not fun :( I'm very early in my pregnancy; 6 weeks. We have been trying since this August and I found out Xmas eve and told my husband Xmas morning. Was a nice xmas gift to ourselves. It's been a little rough; very emotional, painful areas and very, VERY nausea but I haven't been sick once. I'm very excited about this pregnancy and keep having dreams it's twins so in my doctor's appt. in a  few weeks we shall see! I'm due August 25! 
  • Options
    Hi guys. My name is vanessa. I found out i was pregnant just before christmas, im now 6 weeks 3 days and batling nausea everyday. This is my socnd pregnancy as i lost my first baby on january 2015, so now we are extremely anxious and scared but so happy to :)
  • Options
    Hello, I found out I was pregnant on Dec. 4th. At that time I was just turning 4 weeks. I had a mc in Nov. 2014. This is my rainbow baby. I am due Aug. 13th.
  • Options

Hi! I feel like I'm late to join the group but here it goes.
    I had my first ultrasound today and it finally made it seem real. I am due 8/12 so I'm 7 weeks 6 days today. I have an awesome but ACTIVE 18 month boy. Funny- our first was born during the 2014 world Cup and this one is due during the 2016 Olympics! Totally fitting bc my husband and I love sports and I absolutely love watching the Olympics!

Dh and I are huge sport fans as well! Dd1 I watched the Red Sox game during my labor, Ds was born on Super Bowl Sunday!

Married 5/2/09 To my best friend 
    Lillianna Faith Born 8/26/10- My big girl kindergartner!
    Peach- MC 3/2012
    Logan Christopher Born 2/3/13- My little fighter, cardiac defects, 2 cancer scares and more surgery, tests, MRIs, cat scans, xrays than most people would have to face their whole life.   

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi!  Well, I can honestly say that I never expected to be on a pregnancy board ever ever ever again!  Here's a little backstory.

I was married for 6 years.  Had two beautiful little girls who are now 6 and 2.  I got divorced right after my second was born (he was a serial cheater).  Did the dating thing and met my current boyfriend about a year ago.  He also has two girls, 9 and 5.  We actively tried to NOT get pregnant.  But, here we sit!  I swear he had super sperm.  It took me a year to get pregnant with my other kids.  And here we sit after one tiny (round two) slip.  But, we couldn't be happier.  It's not traditional and our parents will freak as we are not married and already have 4 kids, but we believe that if God gave us this baby, there is a reason!  So....we are going with it.  Totally freaking out but excited to ride the wave.  Due Aug 23!
  • Options
    Hello! 
    This is my third pregnancy, hopefully my second take home baby. My first is a 7 month old baby boy.
    I haven't been to the doctor yet, I go on the 7th so I am just guessing that I am due with an August baby. I believe we are due around the 28th.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Nikki and 36 from MA. I'm pregnant with my first and my EDD is 8/9/16. We conceived via IVF. I'm nervous and excited!!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone!  I'm Kate, 33 years old from Richmond, VA.  Currently pregnant for the first time and due on/around Aug. 18.  So excited, and so terrified!  First doc appointment and ultrasound is on 1/19 and I can't wait!  

Congratulations everyone!
  • Options
    Hi mamas! I'm Cailey, I'm 27 and DH is 29. We got married Aug 3/2014 and got our first BFP two weeks later. DS just turned 8 months old on Jan 1st. We found out we're expecting #2 in early December but haven't told anyone yet! Excited to be bumping again! Happy and healthy 9 months to all!
  • Options
    TerraMae80TerraMae80 member
    edited January 2016
    *child mentioned and loss mentioned*

My name is Terra, I'm 35, I live in Scottsdale AZ with my husband of nearly 10 years. We got PG in 06 and it resulted in an ectopic pregnancy. My tube burst and it was removed, I was then told I wouldn't be able to conceive naturally. Saved up for about 7 years and finally had our first son via IVF in May 2014. We are expecting our second August 2016.

My husband and I both work full time and our son goes to an amazing daycare. It's hard but we have to pay the bills. We're hoping to rent out our newlywed condo we've been in for the last 10 years and buy a house for our growing family sometime this spring. 

I am looking forward to making some long time mom friends!
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• Options
    Hi ladies, I'm 36 years old and I had my daughter Miya 16 weeks ago., repeat section. I have a 6 year old daughter, and 8 year old stepson. Found out we were pregnant again on Christmas Eve. We were shocked, but excited. Told the family on New Years Eve at midnight, even though we're on 5 weeks! my mom was so excited, my MIL not so much
    Got the "Its too soon" comment right off the bat....ugh. As for our calculations, our due date would be 9/1, but since we will have to do another section because it's so close to the 2nd one, our estimated delivery date is 8/25. I lurked around the Sept 16 group, because the September 15 group was such a great group of women but didn't get a good vibe at all unfortunately...(I'll leave it at that) in the new one--- hoping to have a good experience here like I did all last year!
    I can't believe after this baby is born Miya will turn 1 a few weeks later. She will have a best friend for life--being her sister and brother are so much older!
  • Options
    Well, somehow I have managed to not post in this!

I am 24 DH 28 and DD is 2. This is my 3rd pregnancy, we had a MC in August at 11 weeks 4 days. We live in DFW and so excited (and very nervous) about this pregnancy! We will definitely be finding out the sex. I'm team pink DH is team blue! So, we will see.

So glad to be a part of the group, it's refreshing to have other preggos to talk to!

• Options
    Hello!!! I felt like the 72 hr waiting period took FOREVER! :) I am 33, ftm, I have 2 step kids, and I am 7w5d today. This is my rainbow baby, I had 2 miscarriages several years ago. This pregnancy was a BIG surprise. So happy to join you ladies!
  • Options
    tisunge602  Thanks!  We ended up telling my parents, my sister and his parents over the holidays.  My sister was my drink helper at my birthday party.  She was making me "hot toddy's" with no booze! ;)  I did tell my best friend last week cause I couldn't keep that secret anymore.  Our dr appt is on 1/7 (eek, getting nervous) so hoping and praying for a healthy nugget!
  • Options
    Hello
    My name I Christine. I am 23, and from Colorado. I work as. paramedic. I hesitate to write anything this early. According to my calculations im due 8/31. I have had two prior miscarriages, both at 10 weeks. After those and several months of doctors appointments, blood draws, crying and asking why, my team of doctors have determined I have an autoimmune disease that causes clots. I will have more doctors appointments then normal (about double) and will be on blood thinners. My risk for miscairrages and complications is high. We will see how this goes. Good luck!
    Christine
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Ashley. My due date as of now is August 21! I am 21 years old, boyfriend is 22. This is our second pregnancy (first ended in a chemical pg) we are verryyyy excited, and really hoping this goes our way! Glad to meet you all! And I'd love to chat sometime!
  • Options
    Hi. I'm Liz, 34, first pregnancy. DH is also 34. I'm nine weeks and a few days. EDD is Aug. 6. So far I've been nauseous, gassy, constipated, overly emotional, and my boobs are sore. No cravings as of yet. I have apparently become adverse to coffee and leftovers.
    My first OB appointment is Thursday and I'm pretty excited to finally get a glimpse of this little nugget. This is going to be a fun journey.
  • Options
    Hi ladies! My EDD is actually 9/6 but my first baby came a few weeks early, so maybe this next one will too. Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Options
    Hi, my name is Breanne.  My husband and I are from the Milwaukee area.  We are both 30 years old and this will be the first child for us.  I don't have my first appointment until the 27th of this month, so I don't have much more information than.... I'm pregnant!  Little scared, but happy to have this group on here...
  • Options
    dtomczikdtomczik member
    edited January 2016
    Hi! My husband and I are due with our first on Aug. 17. It's been crazy so far, and I didn't want to jinx things before by posting. I've known I was pregnant since Dec 8, but had a scary Christmas. I ended up in the hospital on the 23rd with a heterotopic pregnancy -one ectopic pregnancy and one uterine. (1 in 10,000 odds!) I had an emergency surgery to remove my left fallopian tube and the ectopic twin. I'm finally feeling secure with the uterine pregnancy after two post-op visits with a heartbeat. My doctor was positive today, so that's my goal from here on out. I'm excited to join the group since I haven't told any friends yet!

Update : new due date 8/16/16 -I was close with my estimate!
  • Options
    Hey everyone. My names Elizabeth 3Rd pregnancy, 0 living children. I got my first ultrasound today at 8 weeks 2 days and saw my little beans heartbeat super excited to be having my rainbow at the end of a rainy journey
  • Options
    Hi! I am a working mom to a 1.5 yo and a 5 month old. My husband and I are ready for a crazy adventure with three under three. I think we've gone insane! We got our bfp a day before we left for our first vacation ever- Disney World.
  • Options
    Welcome ladies! My intro:

4 years ago I spent the majority of my time on the TTTC board, finally conceived on our 5th IUI (first with clomid) and we have an almost 2.5 year old son (was due in mid Sep 2013 but had to have him early because of placenta prévia so I was sort of on the wrong board then (Sep 2013 moms - woops!)

This time around we had been trying a long time and finally went back to a fertility clinic and the second round of clomid worked and the same day too - so weird. The due dates should have been exactly the same except for leap year so I'm due Sep 12th. First hcg was great at 16dpo - 362. I return for a repeat hcg and first ultrasound at 5 weeks on Monday Jan 11th. So although it's a Sep due date, I've been planning on Aug since my obgyn explained that my first c section did not go well and she had to cut on a weak side of my uterus, thus making me have repeat creations going forward, probably always around 37 weeks. If all goes as planned, kiddos birth dates will be less than a week apart! Joint pool party birthdays! Yay!
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Super late to the game on this post but I've been lurking for a while.

Dh and I are both 29, from Northern Ontario, Canada. This is our first :) EDD is August 21st (based on ultrasound measurements because my cycles are extremely long). I took 4 hpt before I believed it!
  • Options

I'm very excited & nervous, got a BFP this morning.  My EDD is August 4, 2016.  I'm 31 and my husband is 29. We live in Seattle. We have been TTC for 8 months, and had an early MC after getting pregnant on the first try. After months of BFNs I was waiting to take a test until I was a few days late, and am now regretting all the thanksgiving wines I had last week!

This is my first post on The Bump after 8 months of reading, so I'm sure I will mess up all the acronyms, but happy to have this opportunity to share stories and support. Congrats to everyone on their BFPs! Really happy to see some posters who I have seen on the TTC boards for months, very happy for you all! :) 

I wouldn't worry about the wine! That early baby is not drawing on your blood supply yet and maybe it helped you relax so everything could get really settled in for the next 8.5 months! I went out drinking for my birthday the day before I found out I was pregnant :-( but it's fine - just no more wine!! :-)
    ??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • Options
    Hey everyone. I just found out that I am pregnant and due on August 31! My dh is 31 and I am 29. It took us about 6 months of trying to get pregnant. We are super excited.
  • Options
    Ktande22 said:

Hi! I feel like I'm late to join the group but here it goes.
    I had my first ultrasound today and it finally made it seem real. I am due 8/12 so I'm 7 weeks 6 days today. I have an awesome but ACTIVE 18 month boy. Funny- our first was born during the 2014 world Cup and this one is due during the 2016 Olympics! Totally fitting bc my husband and I love sports and I absolutely love watching the Olympics!

Dh and I are huge sport fans as well! Dd1 I watched the Red Sox game during my labor, Ds was born on Super Bowl Sunday!
    @Ktande22 I have a similar story! DH was hoping DS would have been born before the Red Sox came on. But he glanced at the game as I was pushing and then DS was born as Pedroia got a hit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Options
    Hello everyone my name is Quin I'm 27 years old and my husband and I are expecting our first baby!!! I'm excited nervous and anxious all at the same time. It's scary because I don't know what to expect but with God I can do all things!
  • Options
    Hi, my name is Danielle and my husband is Chris. We live in Cincinnati, OH. We have a 3 year old son and expecting twins 8/13/16. I have PCOS and had to use clomid to conceive. We are all scared and excited at the same time! I just pray all goes well. I have always wanted twins! o:)
  • Options
    Hi again! I just posted my introduction, but I wanted to ask if someone could share a list of heavily used acronyms used here. I'm not used to them. The only ones I knew were "estimated due date" and "trying to conceive." Thanks in advance for any help. ;)
  • Options
    Hi! I'm 40, husband is 30 next week and this is our first, conceived via IVF. The fertility doctors (who I LOVED) said not to get our hopes up, so we are over the moon about the pregnancy! EDD is August 5th.
  • Options
    Hi Moms! I'm Kristina and I'm a 30 year old 3rd grade teacher living in VA. I have an awesome 14 month old little guy with my husband of 2 years. I was waiting to post until my first appointment today and all is well! I am due August 25th. I'm finding it difficult to get excited about this pregnancy due to my missed miscarriage and d&c in October. I'm hoping that as this pregnancy progresses I get more excited. Here's hoping to healthy pregnancies for all!
  • Options
    Hi everyone! My journey to this point has been a long one - but I'm so glad to finally be here!

Sorry - I don't know all the "lingo" - but here goes: My husband and I tried for about a year on our own but always knew something was wrong on my end. I was diagnosed hypothyroid and PCOS and started a first cycle of Clomid. I ended up with a chemical pregnancy and loss at two weeks. We tried again with Clomid for two more cycles in the midst of waiting for my thyroid to normalize - so things took a long, long time. Last cycle of Clomid was accompanied by IUI, which failed. This last cycle I did in November was with injections (I AM SO HAPPY I DONT HAVE TO DO THAT AGAIN ANY TIME SOON) and IUI - SUCCESS! I'm 8 weeks and one day today. This will be our first child.

The road here was very hard and emotionally taxing - and there's a part of me that still doesn't believe it's real - but I am so happy and excited (and totally freaked out!!). I never thought that this day would come! I always thought I would be the one that continued to watch my friends and family experience the joy of building their families. 

Pregnancy so far has been a lot of nausea and exhaustion - but seeing that first ultrasound picture made it all real and all so worth it. I'll repeat - SO EXCITED to be here. Congrats to everyone in this group! It's going to be an awesome ride - I know it. 
  • Options

Hi again! I just posted my introduction, but I wanted to ask if someone could share a list of heavily used acronyms used here. I'm not used to them. The only ones I knew were "estimated due date" and "trying to conceive." Thanks in advance for any help. ;)

@DaniHassertt If you use the app scroll to the bottom to the search bar. And search for Acronyms. Choose the search result that's Tuesday Check in from December. Hope that helps!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me (32) DH (34) | |
    BFP #1 4/5/12 | Natural m/c on 4/18/12 (6w1d)
    BFP #2 8/23/12 | DS born 5/3/13
    BFP #3 12/6/15 | DD born 8/23/16
    BFP #4 2/22/19 | EDD 10/28/19
  • Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm 37 and my husband and I are expecting our first child via IUI :) We had been pregnant twice before but lost both pretty early on. (Blighted Ovum and chemical pregnancy)  So far our ultrasounds have been perfect....just heard our little peanuts heartbeat this morning :)
    Our EDD is August 19th.

Congrats to all!