August 2016 Moms
Options

Welcome to August 2016: Introduce yourself here!

Re: Welcome to August 2016: Introduce yourself here!

• Options
    Hi ladies!

I'm 27 and pregnant with my second.  I have a son who is almost 7.  I am about 7.5 weeks along and our due date is currently August 21st.  We don't go to the doctor until January 27th when I will be about 10.5 weeks along.  Looking forward to being a part of this board and congrats to all on your pregnancies!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hi!

I've been lurking awhile and lurked but never posted on my last bmb. I'm due August 9 and have a 22 month old DS. Figured I would give this a try this time around.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello everyone!! Hope you all don't mind me posting here. My due date is set for 1 Sept but all of my kiddos came early (from 2 days to a week), so I am not expecting any different with this little one. I am a mother of three and this could be our last one. I only say "could be" because we thought our baby girl would actually be the last. This was a surprise but one we are happy to receive.
  • Options
    Hi again! I just posted my introduction, but I wanted to ask if someone could share a list of heavily used acronyms used here. I'm not used to them. The only ones I knew were "estimated due date" and "trying to conceive." Thanks in advance for any help. ;)
    @DaniHassertt If you use the app scroll to the bottom to the search bar. And search for Acronyms. Choose the search result that's Tuesday Check in from December. Hope that helps!
    There's also a link posted a page or two back, along with the same link earlier in this thread. Searching google for bump acronyms will give you plenty of lists, too.
  • Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Christine, I'm pregnant with my second baby, due on the 26th! I had my first ultrasound 1/8/16, and the baby is looking healthy measuring at 7 weeks. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Sarah. I'm 25 and my husband is 27. This is our first pregnancy and my EDD is August 13th. We currently reside in NC as this is where my husband is stationed but we're from Richmond, VA.

Due to a complication early in the pregnancy, we're on our 3rd ultrasound with our next appointment at the 12 week mark in February. Here's to happy and healthy pregnancies!
  • Options
    Hi! My husband and I are 28 due Aug 18th. I've been lurking for awhile and have appreciated everyone's sharing. We had a loss this summer. We got to see baby this week, so I finally feel like becoming an official member.
  • Options
    Hi I'm macilah, 27 yrs old and expecting baby number 4! Dh and I are extremely happy and our kiddos can't wait to have a baby at home. Our oldest is 7 and youngest is 4. So far this pregnancy I have been experiencing hyperemisis gravidirum which is not good at all. I had this with my other pregnancies as well and its horrible.
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    Based on lmp my EDD is 9/5, but my first 's was one week early and my second 's was 2 weeks early, so I think I might have an August baby!

Obviously behind most of the people on this bmb, have my first ob appt tomorrow.

Went off bc at the end of September because of many issues. Was trying to track my cycles to prevent, but oops!

Excited to find out if we will have our first girl or third boy. I think either dynamic will be fun, I just have no patience and want to know now.
  • Options
    Ello everyone! Im Jussie and am 26 in the great state of Michigan. First time mom, scared to death of the actual birth cuz of all the horror stories. Really hoping for a girl! Cant say much bout the daddy
  • Options
    Hi everyone and congratulations! This is my 3rd pregnancy. I have 2 DD ages 4 and 2. My EDD is August 27th! It's going to be a LONG summer! 
  • Options
    I've been posting periodically so I figured I'd formally introduce myself. Pregnant with 2nd baby. DD will be 1 in February..she was our honeymoon baby! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Options
    Nikki9191Nikki9191 member
    edited January 2016
    Hey my name is Nikki. I'm 24 years old and I'm from Alberta, Canada *
    Due august 11th (a day before my own birthday)! Meaning this baby could actually become a birthday gift to me. Pretty special first pregnancy as I found out over the Christmas holidays, so of course the positive test was a christmas gift for my bf to open . :)
  • Options
    Hi! I've been lurking but figured I will introduce myself.

I'm due on August 19 with my 2nd. My son is 2 and will turn 3 in September. I was on the September 2013 board and am still active on the Facebook page.

I live in California and am a birth doula.
  • Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Lindsay I am 26 and this is my first pregnancy!  My Husband and I just got married in the beginning of September and found out in December I was impregnate! We are so very excited to start our family!! But also a little scared! My due date is August 17th. I am at 8 weeks 5 days! I haven't had my first ultrasound yet, I go in one week, and I can't wait!! 
  • Options
    izzybelkaizzybelka member
    edited January 2016
    Hello everyone! We're expecting our second 8/19.  Our little monster turned 2 in November.  I'm a FT working moma.  I live in Connecticut.  I was a slacker on the message boards first time around and I will likely be one this time around too but it was a great resource for me, especially after I had DS and had so many crazy questions.  Congrats to all of you!
  • Options
    Hello, all you wonderful mommies-to-be!

I am Nikki and I am 8 wks pregnant (per my LMP). My EDC (which I have never understood why it was "Estimated Date of Confinement") is end of August. I am 27yo and my hubby is 29yo - this is our first child and we are excited. We were, as my friend puts it, "lackadaisy trying" - aka not prevention, but if it happens, cool.

We have two cats, who have been a part of our family for about 7 years this coming summer. I think the furbabies know something is up, because one (who always clings when I am sick) has been the clingiest thing ever! The other doesn't allow me to go to the restroom unsupervised (this is new). Silly furry children!

I am excited but nervous about this whole adventure. My worst symptom so far is that the increase in hormones, likely in conjunction with my work stress, has been triggering migraine headaches. I will talk to my primary about it at my upcoming appt on Wednesday. Then the usual tenderness, moodiness, fatigue, some morning (all-day) sickness, and some extreme aversions to foods.

I look forward to spending this adventure with a bunch of neat ladies who are also on this exciting journey!
    ~N
  • Options
    Hello All!
    My name is Kelly. I am 38 and after 3 years of trying and our second IUI, my husband and I are pregnant and due August 25th! This is our first and we couldn't be any happier! I will be 8 weeks this Thursday and tomorrow we get to hear our baby's heartbeat! Wishing all the best for everyone on here!
  • Options
    So happy to be posting to the August '16 moms! 

I'm Caitlin and am 31. I live in the foothills of Denver, Colorado with my husband (33) of two years. He and I are both super active in the outdoors and knew we both wanted children, but weren't ready to try yet. As we were driving to a very remote mountain location for this past Thanksgiving vacation, I had an "oh crap!" moment when I realized I forgot my birth control. We figured that with all of our friends' stories about trying in vain to conceive, we'd be OK for one month without the goalie. Seven weeks later and we have a baby due on 8/28! It has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster, but we are both really excited. 

We haven't told anyone yet because we don't want to get our family members prematurely excited. They are all so excited for us to make a family, but know that we weren't trying yet. I can't wait for our first appointment on 1/22 and am so hoping to hear a healthy baby's heartbeat!

BTW, would love to talk to other moms who plan to stay as active as healthy during pregnancy and those who would like to try a natural (non-intervened) birth.

I'm so impressed by the community of women I've seen posting here. Congrats to all of you ladies. I'm really looking forward to sharing the journey with you!

Cheers (your water glass ;) ),
    Caitlin
  • Options
    Congrats and best of luck tomorrow! @LivinLaughinandLovin   :)
  • Options
    Hi, my name is Anita. I am 31 years old and I live in California. I am 7 weeks pregnant with my first child, and me and my boyfriend could not be happier. I have my first doctors appointment on Friday. I am so excited, I am not sure i am going to be able to sleep the rest of the week. I am due August 29th.
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

Introducing myself so I don't feel so guilty for stalking these boards:) I'm pregnant with my second. We'd been trying for a while so we're very excited. Our DD is super excited to be a big sister and has since told us that she isn't a big girl, she's a big sister. 

I loved these boards during my first pregnancy and can't wait for all the guidance on this one. So far this pregnancy has been SO different. 
  • Options
    Hi ladies I'm Duffgurl 30yrs young and a mommy to two wonderful boys. One who is 4 and the other who will be 10months on the 17th. DH & I are expecting our 3rd LO EDD of Aug.9th. We are all very excited
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Hey there everyone! :)

My name's Jess. I'm 28 and this is baby #2 for hubby and I. Little is due August 20th.
    We have one sweet, independent little girl already and we're all super excited about this one! Though I must say, the thought of another is really weird! I can't really explain it, but it just feels.. surreal..
    Monkey is almost two, so she doesn't completely understand what's going on, but every now and then she'll touch my belly and say "bebe." I love it! :)
  • Options
    Hello! My name Molly, 31 from Columbus, OH. This is our first baby with a EDD of 8/27/16 :) 
  • Options
    Hello everyone!
    DH and I are both 28 and currently living in Manhattan however, moving to Philadelphia the end of June as I will be starting a new job (eek!). This is our first and we are very excited and nervous as we were not TTC  and did not expect to become pregnant so soon.  It was a very pleasant surprise as I was diagnosed with PCOS as a teenager and was always told that it would be harder for me to conceive. However, two months off birth control and here we are.  LO is due August 28th, however I am going for a dating ultrasound due to not knowing how long my cycles really are, so this may all change. 

happy and healthy pregnancies to all!
  • Options
    Hi! My name is Lydia, 28, DH is 25. Expecting our first August 13! I have my first ultrasound 1/20 and I couldn't be more excited!!
  • Options
    Im kelsey, im from detroit Michigan. I'm 11 weeks pregnant tomorrow with my first child, my boyfriend and i have been together for 2 years and I've helped him raise his 3yr old daughter since we got together. I'm very excited to become a mom.
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I'm Kelly and I'm from NY. I got my BFP on Thanksgiving morning. I'm currently 11+2. I've been following the boards for a little while and just got up the courage to introduce myself.  My husband and I have been together for 7+ years. This is  our first pregnancy with an EDD of August 3. 
  • Options
    I am so excited for all of you ladies! I totally thought I had commented months ago, but it never seemed to have posted. I'm Shelbi. I'm 23, DH is 25. We have been together almost 4 yrs, married for 2. We have an angel baby, so this will be my second pregnancy. We are absolutely ecstatic. EDD is August 6th!  :)
  • Options
    Good evening everyone!
    I'm Kristen. I am 20 years old, married and i live in Fredericksburg VA. I am 9 weeks pregnant and this is my first. I am going for my bachelors degree in Alternative medicine. I enjoy being outside. My husband and i love hiking. I would like to be a teacher or work in the health department. Maybe go for my masters in public health. My husband and i are very excited and i can't wait to see where life takes us and the life lessons we will learn a long the way. <3
  • Options
    Hey, y'all! We are just about 8 weeks along and see the Dr for the first time this week - EEK! I'm 38 and my DH is 39 and this is our first. We actually had planned to adopt and when that didn't work out, we thought we'd try on our own and in one month of trying - here we are. We'll be 40 weeks on August 28, so I assume that's my EDD?
  • Options
    Hi All,

I'm Erin, 34 (well 35 on Wednesday) and my husband is Alex, 41. We are first time parents living in Los Angeles (formerly NYC). I'm 11w3d and looking forward to the end of the first trimester so I can stop being as nervous. Took us about a year to conceive since I went off bc. Doctor thought I had PCOS bc my cycle was pushing 45-50+ days! But in the second month of taking progesterone and using a DOC we conceived.

looking forward to reading and engaging on this board
  • Options
    New here! Pregnant with my first after trying for three years (hypothyroidism); husband and I are happy beyond words. :) We're due August 29. We've got our first prenatal appointment on Thursday and the days could not be crawling by any slower, haha.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I am 25 and my DH is 28. We are expecting our 2nd. We have a DD who is 21 months old. Our EDD is August 23rd. We are so excited! Congrats to all!!!
  • Options
    Hey! My husband and I are both 27 living in Virginia. We are about 8 hours from our closest relative because we are from Ohio. This is our first one and it's a shocker! I was diagnosed with PCOS about two years ago and I was on the pill. I was changing pills at the time. So we like to think this has happened for a definite reason. I have never been so excited in my life. Especially after preparing myself for a rocky journey when we would want to conceive.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

So excited to be here. I'm Alison and I got my BFP on December 19th. My EDD is August 27, 2016 and this is our first pregnancy. My husband and I had been TTC since last August. I'm at 8 weeks 5 days or so. I had my first prenatal exam yesterday and actually saw our little sea monkey's heartbeat! WOW! 

Again, so happy to be here with you all!
  • Options
    Don't know what bfp or bmb is but I'm 20 due on 28 August :) nervous
  • Options
    Hi there - I am 36 and my husband will be 40 next month. We had a miscarriage at 6 weeks in August 2014 and we're due August 22nd. We're nervous and excited since we had a loss. We heard a heart beat at 7 weeks so optimistic that all is good. So this will be our first - and probably only!
  • Options
    Wolfie646 said:
    Hi All, I'm Erin, 34 (well 35 on Wednesday) and my husband is Alex, 41. We are first time parents living in Los Angeles (formerly NYC). I'm 11w3d and looking forward to the end of the first trimester so I can stop being as nervous. Took us about a year to conceive since I went off bc. Doctor thought I had PCOS bc my cycle was pushing 45-50+ days! But in the second month of taking progesterone and using a DOC we conceived. looking forward to reading and engaging on this board
    Glad to see a So. Cal Girl! I am in Orange County!