August 2016 Moms
Options

Welcome to August 2016: Introduce yourself here!

Re: Welcome to August 2016: Introduce yourself here!

• Options
    Such a happy group of ladies! Congratulations!

Name is Tiffany and I am 23. My husband and I have been married for over 3 years and decided to start trying 2 months ago. Low and behold, positive test the day after Christmas! What a lovely Christmas present! My EDD is August 17th. I could not be more excited. Previous health issues have made pregnancy sort of "elusive" for my husband and I. We are taking a leap of faith on this one and cannot wait to watch him/her grow! 

Good luck ladies! Hope for an easy first trimester for everyone!
    first time momma
    -a heart at peace gives life to the body-
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Stewart0816Stewart0816 member
    edited December 2015
    Hello everyone, my husband and I are expecting our first child. Two weeks ago we saw the heartbeat and got a pic of our tiny miracle. It was a joyful moment. I have another appointment with the OB in a few weeks. Can't wait :smile:
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello all! I am 32 years old and got my BFP on December 18.  My boyfriend and I have been together for over 3.5 years and this is will be our first baby (and my first pregnancy).  I have my first appointment on January 5 and I can't wait to have the doctor confirm it. I keep wanting to take a test just to make sure I'm still pregnant (I've taken 5 so far.  I know I might have over done it)!  According to a few pregnancy calendars my due date will be around August 26th.  :smile: It's nice to meet everyone!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi everyone! New to this board.. just had my U/S today and got "bumped" from 7/31 to 8/2! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I'm 27 expecting our first baby on August 3, 2016. We reside in Washington, DC. Happy to be here!
  • Options
    Hi Everyone! 
    I'm from Ohio. I'm 32. This is my 2nd pregnancy. My DS is 2yrs old.  DH and I have been trying for baby #2 for about a year now. My EDD is August 25th... 5 days after my best friend's wedding where I'm the MOH...should make for an interesting August. :) 
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Meghan from NC. Pregnant with my first and EDD is currently August 24!

Congrats everyone and Happy New Year!
  • Options
    Hello!

I just wanted to scoot over here and do a little intro.

EDD of 9/3 but I'll be a RCS around 8/27. I'll be bouncing back and forth from S16.

I was an active member of S13 and Love my experience while pregnant with DD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    canuckmommacanuckmomma member
    edited December 2015
    My hubby and I are 29/30 Canadian and we are due Aug 24 (estimated). It's our first as well. We have one fur baby. I am new to it all so I'm excited to learn and go though this journey with you fellow mamas!
  • Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Amanda, I am 28 and I'm from Maine. I have a 3 year old daughter and found out 5 days before Christmas that we are expecting! EDD is August 27th!! We are super excited, but a little nervous as I had a miscarriage back in July :( we are praying for a sticky baby!❤️ Congrats to you all!
  • Options
    *loss mentioned*

Hello ladies,
    My names Michelle I'm 32 and H is 27. We're the parents of a 2 year old girl and a 6 month old son who has been an angel for almost 7 months. We lost our son Alex to SIDS June 11th.

I've always wanted a big family but was very content with my two children. My husband is still adjusting to being pregnant again and I think I'm the only one whose happy. I miss my son desperately but I'm happy this little one is coming too.
    Due date 8/22 five days after my daughters 3rd birthday.
  • Options
    tmk0325 said:
    Hello all! I am 32 years old and got my BFP on December 18.  My boyfriend and I have been together for over 3.5 years and this is will be our first baby (and my first pregnancy).  I have my first appointment on January 5 and I can't wait to have the doctor confirm it. I keep wanting to take a test just to make sure I'm still pregnant (I've taken 5 so far.  I know I might have over done it)!  According to a few pregnancy calendars my due date will be around August 26th.  :smile: It's nice to meet everyone!
    I have taken 6. One this morning. I've asked around, it is totally normal.  ;) 
    Congratulations!
    first time momma
    -a heart at peace gives life to the body-
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hello Ladies,
    My name is Amanda I'm 33 soon to be 34. This is my seventh pregnancy. I'm very high risk so I'm hoping all goes well. I have a four yr old and a 20 month old both boys. I'm hoping we are team pink but really due to my history a healthy baby. EDD Aug 2 but they will not let me go passed 39 so most likely will be having baby in july. It's scary to think about three kids but this will be our last baby. Hoping for the best.
  • Options
    Hey guys! My name is Tess and I just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant today. This will be my third (and probably last) child. I have two girls, seven and 15 month old. I had a miscarriage in September, so I'm super excited to be pregnant again. I have my first ultrasound the 20th of January. My due date is August 31st.
  • Options
    Hi all!

Due here at the very tail end of August, but if it's anything like my first pregnancy, I'll bet on mid-August. I'm bump veteran and spent years on here while TTGP and on my December 2010 BMB. Excited to be back and look forward to chatting!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi everyone!! Just joined the community so I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Lindsey, I am 29 years old and live in Maryland. My husband and I are currently expecting our 2nd child, due August 29th (estimated from online calendars). We had been on our 5th month of TTC and found out the Sunday before Christmas :) We have a 3 year old son, who doesn't quite understand what we are talking about when we say he is going to be a big brother. I think as my stomach gets bigger he will start to understand a bit more that there is a baby growing in there. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
    Only 5 weeks, 3 days along and I am anxious to see the baby on my first ultrasound on Jan 18th at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    Hi all!

My name is Sara and I'm 27 y/o, DH is 32.  I got my BFP yesterday and my due date is 8/22.  This will be baby #2 for us, DS is 18mo.  We had 2 miscarriages before DS.  We are both very excited but very nervous.  We knew we wanted #2 but were not expecting it to happen so quickly given our history.  I look forward to getting to know you ladies better and sharing in the joy & excitement of this time!
    Me - 27, DH - 32

EDD #1 3/30/13 - MC 8/24/12
    EDD #2 12/28/2013 - MC 05/01/2013
    EDD #3  07/06/2014  DS 7/8/14
    EDD#4  08/22/2016
  • Options
    Hi Ladies! My name is Amanda and this our first pregnancy. I'm 30 and my hubby is 31. We were married in May and started trying in June. EDD is 8/30/16. Our first OB appointment is Jan 26. Seems forever away. Congrats to all of you and Happy New Year!
  • Options
    Hi! I feel like I'm late to join the group but here it goes.
    I had my first ultrasound today and it finally made it seem real. I am due 8/12 so I'm 7 weeks 6 days today. I have an awesome but ACTIVE 18 month boy. Funny- our first was born during the 2014 world Cup and this one is due during the 2016 Olympics! Totally fitting bc my husband and I love sports and I absolutely love watching the Olympics!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hello, everyone! I'm recently pregnant after a blighted ovum earlier in the spring. (We found out at 8wks, then had a D&C following) So now here I am 6wks along, and all kinds of nervous and excited. I've been feeling a bit icky, but not nearly as sick as I was with the previous pregnancy. I'm trying not to let that make me question the viability of this pregnancy..... I don't have an appointment scheduled yet, so I'm eager to get that done soon. With any luck, I'll be welcoming my healthy, gorgeous baby around Aug 24th.
    Happy New Year to you all!
  • Options
    reneeannemreneeannem member
    edited January 2016
    Hello! I'm Renee, 31 and this is my first pregnancy. My husband is 26 and we live in Toronto. Though I'm from Winnipeg and met and married my husband during the few years I lived in Montreal. Hitting all the major Canadian centres as a life goal, you might say (just kidding! Pretty happy where we are for now).

EDD is August 26th.

I'm completely emetophobic and equally needle-phobic so realllly looking forward to all that comes with pregnancy.
  • Options
    @nerdygangsta I'm so sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine how difficult that must have been on your whole family.  I completely understand being excited to be pregnant but missing your angel baby.

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Options
    Hello and Congrats!

This will be our second baby; we have a son that was born Nov, 2013. My husband and I are both 30 and live in Georgia. Not certain of our EDD but thinking around Aug. 19th.  First ultrasound is scheduled for Jan. 14th (which can’t come soon enough).

A happy and healthy 9 months to us all! 

• Options
    Hi ladies! My name is Emily and I'm 30. This is my 4th and last pregnancy. Pregnancy #1 resulted in DS who is now 4 (40w2d), #2 with DD who will be 2 this month (35w3d), #3 was a blighted ovum and ended with a d&c in May of this year and now we are here with #4. Got my BFP on Dec. 18. Beta #1 drawn on the 18th: 334. Beta #2 drawn on Dec 28th: 16314. So hopefully we are on the right track! EDD August 25th based on LMP and will have the first ultrasound next week to hopefully calm my nerves! Wishing everyone a healthy 9 months :blush: 
  • Options
    Hi ladies, I'm Amanda and I'm 28. This is my 4th pregnancy, first pregnancy was an ectopic pregnancy and I have two girls 7 and 5 years old. First Dr appointment Wednesday to find out the due date (end of Aug i think) and make sure everything looks good so far. Glad to be part of the group.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Sarah. I'm 24 and after trying for about a year for baby #2 we got our BFP today. I've been absent from the bump for a while after a pretty big blow up but I'm eager to be back and join you. Our estimated due date is August 25th.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Melissa and I'm 31 years old. This is my first pregnancy and I'm about 9 weeks along. According to the online calculators, my EDD is 8/6. But according to my first ultrasound, my EDD is 8/1. I was actually briefly pregnant with twins, but the second baby turned out to be a blighted ovum. We are sad about that, but still extremely blessed to have one healthy, growing baby. I've been married to my husband since 2014, but we've been together for 13 years. We also have one dog. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!
  • Options

Hi all! My name is ashlee and found out I was pregnant in December! I'm 25, my hubs is 28 and this is our first! Ultrasound was Wednesday and confirmed, due date is Aug 24th! We live in Hawaii but are from Colorado. I'm excited to have this resource because this is all brand new to me!!! Congrats to you all!

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Hi everyone! I'll admit, I'm totally lost on the acronyms, so I may tend to use full words out of ignorance (also looks like my post didn't fully save, so I'll try this again).

I am due on August 1st and am still somewhat shocked that I am pregnant. My mom, her two sisters, and my cousin all have PCOS. It was always assumed I also had it and would really struggle to become pregnant. We got very lucky it seems. We'd been trying for not too long when it happened. We're so excited and still shocked!
  • Options
    Hello! My name is Laura and I am from Minnesota. DH and I are both 30 and this is baby #2! We have an almost 2 year old daughter and I spent some time on the F14 board. My EDD based on dates is 8-24-16 but I don't have my first appointment until mid-January.

Good luck to all! Happy New Year!
    Baby E born 1/29/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/24/2016

• Options
    So glad you said that - I'm lost with the acronyms too! Congrats on your news, I too have PCOS and thought trying for a baby would take longer than it has and I share that lucky feeling. Good luck and enjoy his exciting time xxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies, 
    introducing myself.... I'm 37 and my hubs is 38. We just found out a few days before Xmas that we are expecting our 3rd. It was a bit of a shock as we weren't trying and hardly saw each other all month. My due date is 9/1/16 but I'm pretty sure I'll have to have this baby 2 weeks early like I did before- I got Cholestasis last time and the % of getting it again is high. Pretty nervous about that happening again. 
  • Options
    @BabyGardnerLidgett and anyone else in need of acronym help: https://www.thebump.com/community-glossary

If you lose this page, do a quick google search or even a search on the bump. You'll get tons of helpful results.
  • Options
    Hi! I'm 30 and a first time mom. My husband is 30 as well. I am 6w 2d. My EDD is 8/25. I'm so excited to be here!
  • Options
    I'm 24 & about 6 weeks along with my first. My SO and I found out two days before Christmas. We have two furbabies and can't wait for our human baby. :)
  • Options
    Hi all! I'm 29 DH is 34. We live in Los Angeles, CA. We have fertility problems. Took is a long time for our 19 month DS. It took us a little over a year this time around. EDD is August 7. I was induced at 37 weeks last time as I developed Cholestasis and there's an 80% chance I'll be induced again this time. look forward to reading your post.
  • Options
    Hi all! A little late to this post... My name is Tiffany, I'm 27, due August 28th, pregnant for the 2nd time, but our first baby was diagnosed as a miscarried around 10wks. My husband and I are super excited and hoping that baby P makes it full term. Last time we shared our news with out family two days before I found out I was miscarrying so needless to say we are keeping it to ourselves for a good while. Here's to a healthy 9 months!