Baby Names
Options

Sib set

Two boys already, Nathan and Jared!
Trying to stay team green (secretly wanting a girl this time)
Girl: we thought we were set on Evelyn. Then I came across Austen. (Dislike for a boy but for some reason love it for a girl!) middle name most likely Elizabeth.
Boy: Walter (Walt) hubby like George, which I'm not against. His father, Thomas, recently passed so possibly that in honor of him.

Thoughts? Other suggestions?
TIA

Re: Sib set

• Options
    Evelyn over Austen any day. Austen is pretty bad for a girl and I hate that spelling. May I suggest Audrey Elizabeth.
    I like all your boy names. Thomas is my fave.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    Definitely Evelyn over Austen. Love Audrey too. Also suggest Caroline, has a similar old, classic feel.

I don't like Walter/Walt. George and Thomas are ok, but there are better names, tbh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Austen is no bueno. If you like the au sound...

Audrey Elizabeth
    Audra Elizabeth
    Augusta Elizabeth
    Augustina Elizabeth
    Aurelia Elizabeth
    Aurora Elizabeth
    Autumn Elizabeth

Love Walter. Walter Thomas sounds great.
  • Options
    Oh I'm sorry but Austen is really bad.especially considering ever other name of your list girl and boy are excellent. If I heard Nathan, Jared and Austen I would assume you had three sons.

• Options
    I have a niece named Austin Grace and I think it's a beautiful name for a little girl. I would spell it Austin instead of Austen.

I'm not a fan of any of the boy names.
  • Options
    alexks42alexks42 member
    edited December 2015
    I think Austen for a girl is awful. Evelyn is gorgeous though. I love Thomas! George and Walter are good choices as well.

Alice
    Amelia
    Adeline
    Anneliese
    Eleanor
    Lydia
    Imogen
    Vivian
    Lillian
  • Options
    I have a male cousin named Austen. And even though it's a feminine/contemporary spelling, it still sounds like a third son (sorry!).
  • Options
    Austen Elizabeth gives me all the eye rolls. As a big JA fan (see SN) myself, I couldn't even go there.
  • Options
    i love austin/austen for a girl. i think austen elizabeth is so cute.

houston, tx. eharmony 7.3.11. married 3.7.15. oilfield wife.

• Options
    Austin/Austen is all boy to me. After that, it's a place, followed by a surname. Not a girl name at all to me. Evelyn is much better. I second Autumn!
  • Options
    Love Evelyn and Walter. Austin is a boy's name.
  • Options
    Dislike Austen with a passion. I went to high school with a female Austyn, and she HATED her name because of the fact that she always heard "Isn't that a boys name?" 

Love Evelyn and Audrey with your boys names. Out of the boy name you have picked out, I like Walter Thomas better than George Thomas, but they are both great names, so you can't go wrong with either. 

Exactly what I was looking for ladies!!! I knew I was one of few who would like Austen but I would hate to put her through a lifetime of being expected as a boy by name (future applications and such!) I liked Austen also because it's something you do not hear often. Would any of you say Evelyn is too trendy?? I do not want to be in that category either. We also like Lorelei and I've always loved Elodie but my sister named her daughter Eliana and calls her Ellie so I feel that's too close to one another. I'm pleased that Walter is liked more than not because I really do love it!!
  • Options
    No to Austen, yes to the others
  • Options
    I like Walter Thomas! Evelyn is pretty but so common. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Austin - spelled this way.
  • Options
    Evelyn is in the top ten for girls' names, I believe. I love Lorelei, and it's much less common.