Baby Names

Sib set

Two boys already, Nathan and Jared!
Trying to stay team green (secretly wanting a girl this time)
Girl: we thought we were set on Evelyn. Then I came across Austen. (Dislike for a boy but for some reason love it for a girl!) middle name most likely Elizabeth.
Boy: Walter (Walt) hubby like George, which I'm not against. His father, Thomas, recently passed so possibly that in honor of him.

Thoughts? Other suggestions?
TIA

Re: Sib set

• Evelyn over Austen any day. Austen is pretty bad for a girl and I hate that spelling. May I suggest Audrey Elizabeth.
    I like all your boy names. Thomas is my fave.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Definitely Evelyn over Austen. Love Audrey too. Also suggest Caroline, has a similar old, classic feel.

I don't like Walter/Walt. George and Thomas are ok, but there are better names, tbh.
  • Loading the player...
  • Austen is no bueno. If you like the au sound...

Audrey Elizabeth
    Audra Elizabeth
    Augusta Elizabeth
    Augustina Elizabeth
    Aurelia Elizabeth
    Aurora Elizabeth
    Autumn Elizabeth

Love Walter. Walter Thomas sounds great.
  • Oh I'm sorry but Austen is really bad.especially considering ever other name of your list girl and boy are excellent. If I heard Nathan, Jared and Austen I would assume you had three sons.

• I have a niece named Austin Grace and I think it's a beautiful name for a little girl. I would spell it Austin instead of Austen.

I'm not a fan of any of the boy names.
  • alexks42alexks42 member
    edited December 2015
    I think Austen for a girl is awful. Evelyn is gorgeous though. I love Thomas! George and Walter are good choices as well.

Alice
    Amelia
    Adeline
    Anneliese
    Eleanor
    Lydia
    Imogen
    Vivian
    Lillian
  • I have a male cousin named Austen. And even though it's a feminine/contemporary spelling, it still sounds like a third son (sorry!).
  • Austen Elizabeth gives me all the eye rolls. As a big JA fan (see SN) myself, I couldn't even go there.
  • i love austin/austen for a girl. i think austen elizabeth is so cute.

houston, tx. eharmony 7.3.11. married 3.7.15. oilfield wife.

• Austin/Austen is all boy to me. After that, it's a place, followed by a surname. Not a girl name at all to me. Evelyn is much better. I second Autumn!
  • Love Evelyn and Walter. Austin is a boy's name.
  • Dislike Austen with a passion. I went to high school with a female Austyn, and she HATED her name because of the fact that she always heard "Isn't that a boys name?" 

Love Evelyn and Audrey with your boys names. Out of the boy name you have picked out, I like Walter Thomas better than George Thomas, but they are both great names, so you can't go wrong with either. 

• Exactly what I was looking for ladies!!! I knew I was one of few who would like Austen but I would hate to put her through a lifetime of being expected as a boy by name (future applications and such!) I liked Austen also because it's something you do not hear often. Would any of you say Evelyn is too trendy?? I do not want to be in that category either. We also like Lorelei and I've always loved Elodie but my sister named her daughter Eliana and calls her Ellie so I feel that's too close to one another. I'm pleased that Walter is liked more than not because I really do love it!!
  • No to Austen, yes to the others
  • I like Walter Thomas! Evelyn is pretty but so common. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Austin - spelled this way.
  • Evelyn is in the top ten for girls' names, I believe. I love Lorelei, and it's much less common.