June 2016 Moms
Options

Babymoon?

2»

Re: Babymoon?

• Options
    We had already planned a trip to Dallas before I found out I was pregnant... Going to be about 7 months so looking forward to our last hurrah before becoming parents!
  • Options
    I would love a babymoon! Even if it is at a hotel a little bit away from home.  DH and I hardley do anything just us, we almost always take DS with is wherever we go.  However, I am an accountant and a babymoon will not be possible from January- April and being due in June, going anywhere in May would be pushing it (I had DS early so I expect to have this baby early).  So if we were to go on a babymoon it will have to be at the end of this month.  We'll see, but I don't see DH going for it.  We are saving up for a Disney trip for the fall of 2016... so that may just be an after babymoon. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Me:23  DH:26
    Married: 6/7/14
    DS: 3/19/12
    Baby #2: June 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are wanting to go on a cruise in March/April, but haven't booked anything yet, just looked. Thinking maybe the Bahamas or something. ☺️
  • Options
    lavina2244lavina2244 member
    edited December 2015
    @CopperLane Iceland (in Feb) is going to be our baby-moon too! I'm so excited, we travel a lot & seeing the Northern Lights is one of my biggest travel bucket list trips! I need one last big adventure before baby & laying on a beach with my ever-spreading body NOT sipping cocktails all of a sudden sounds like no fun! Ha
  • Options
    @lavina2244 I feel the same way about beaches/pregnancy. My DH and I are more into adventure vacations vs leisure ones. We honeymooned in Costa Rica. Most of the trip was adventure and the last three days we were in an all inclusive resort. One day of lounging around was fun, but then we were pretty bored after that.

I have been dying to see the northern lights!!!!
  • Options
    Still finalizing plans, but probably US Virgin Islands, late February. I must escape the New England winter!!! (Especially if we get 7 feet of snow like we did last year...)
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    MeganF08MeganF08 member
    edited December 2015
    @kycleaves3 I have started looking at Florida too but was concerned about whether it will be warm enough the first week in March. Where did you stay?

• Options
    @gillespie15 - A cruise sounds like a lot of fun! I think that most cruise lines won't let you board if you will be 24 weeks before or during the cruise. Just something to check on before booking! That was way earlier than I expected it to be!
  • Options
    I really want to go on a cruise...I've planned everything just haven't finalized the payment cause I'm so nervous. Has anyone been on a cruise pregnant? I'm worried because we'll have to go in Feb and I'm worried about a lot of sick people and getting sick from them. I'm also worried about being able to find excursions we can do.  
    Pregnancy Ticker 
  • Options
    Our anniversary is in March and I'm hoping we can at least do a few days in Asheville or something for spring break.  Not sure if we have the kids that week so it may be all five of us but it would be nice to take them somewhere, too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just booked our babymoon last night to Puerto Rico! It'll be so nice to get out of Chicago and away from the cold for a bit! Used airline miles/credit card points we'd been hoarding for the flight to help keep cost down.