November 2015 Moms
Options

The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

Re: The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

• Options
    Petal19Petal19 member
    edited November 2015
    My due date was yesterday and I really thought the weekend before I was going to have him. Like I felt different, the pain felt different... Then nothing. I get it @savlin12, I am too. My stepdaughters birthday is November 24th and they are talking about inducing me on the 23rd. Which I am having major issues with because I don't want both my kids to have the same bday (wth DH's sperm only works on that day of ovulation!) and a newly newborn before Turkey day. I have a wedding on the 21st that I am obviously not going to go too (totally bummed but oh well what can I do?) and though my job was very physical and I left at 37 weeks, I felt like I left too early. I read it could be more like 41 weeks but I went by what my midwives kept saying 38-42 anytime, so I adjusted my life for that. I didn't think I would fall in the latter. I really didn't. They can't be in there forever and that's the silver lining I am trying to see my n all this. Seriously freaking frustrated too.
  • Options
    SweetTooth126SweetTooth126 member
    edited November 2015
    Started induction yesterday morning at 11. Broke my water and maxed out at pitocin- still at 2 cm after painful contractions all night. So frustrated. Due to membranes ruptured they have to do a c section if no progression today. On top of that found out my Nana got emergency surgery last night and is in the ICU. Pray for us!

Married DH December 2014
    Expecting DS#1 November 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bellie1223bellie1223 member
    edited November 2015
    Sorry to hear about your Nana @SweetTooth126, hope everything goes well with the baby, sending positive thoughts your way!
  • Options
    I am now 39 weeks and went to consultant appointment...was also given my first internal exam.

I was so suprised by how painful it was. I was so close to crying or kicking the Dr. Apparently I am only around half a centimetre dilated and my cervix is still quite far back :(

Does anyone know if that means natural labour is a long way off?

Due to me being in higher risk group they don't want me going more than 7 days over my due date but I am really reluctant to be induced as I don't want to have to stay in hospital so was hoping for a natural birth but it sounds so far away with what the Dr was saying.
  • Options
    FINALLY lost some of my MP today. Still only 1cm dilated but hoping this little bit of progress after the sweep yesterday will help move things along or at least make induction on Friday smoother. Wishing everyone good luck on their inductions today!
  • Options

Due date today
    Me too. Does't seem that baby got the memo though.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the advice @Pontot31, I really appreciate it!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! I'm new to this thread & a FTM. I'm 39 weeks 6 days. My due date is tomorrow. I had a bit of leakage this morning, but don't know if I should go to the hospital. I don't have any contradictions yet. Can someone help?
  • Options
    If you did not leak enough to fill a panty liner, it may just be watery discharge, not your water. And if you have no contractions... i think you are not there yet :) but if you have any doubt, always call the office.

NOTHING to announce for me by the way. LO is comfy in there.
  • Options
    @brendie05 I would honestly call your doctor to be safe, they'll probably have you come in and test for AF to be sure it wasn't pee (it happens).
  • Options
    @brendie05 - best answer is when in doubt call your doctor.

But I don't think there's really anything to worry about - the leakage could have been your mucus plug, you peed a little bit, or discharge. If you aren't continuing to leak, it's highly unlikely that it was your water. You can put a pad in and see if you fill that with more leakage (in which case call the doc).
  • Options
    Also I just found this article, and it has some good information about inductions and why it really is a good idea to wait unless medically necessary. (Which is so hard at this point in the game when we're pretty uncomfortable and ready to meet our LO's). Personally, I will need to be induced around 41 weeks because my LO has an arrhythmia that will only correct itself on the outside, and I hope it doesn't come to that.

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/what-causes-labor-to-start/
  • Options
    I'm 38+5 FTM and all I've been getting is my belly going really hard, feeling like I really to wee for a minute or so then it fades of, some back ache as well and menstrual like symptoms but nothing's which is painful to the point I think I might be starting, more just uncomfortable. I'm in the UK and not sure if they do internals here until labour has started, I haven't had once yet anyway MW just said last week she was engaged but could still be waiting.... Was really hoping for an early birth as I'm well and truly fed up now! Keep trying to stay active and going for short walk and bouncing on my ball but I'm tired as well, carpal tunnel and heartburn don't help at night either! Fingers crossed she makes an appearance soon :smiley:
  • Options
    I am one of those rare people that have leaked. With DD1 it was every single time I moved I would get a small gush. It wasn't one single gush it was all day. The dr check me in office with some other test not the strip test they do in L&D. When in doubt get checked out.
  • Options
    MercyC1130MercyC1130 member
    edited November 2015
    I'm feeling so frustrated with my doctor. My dd WAS the 30th according to first dating US (at 6w3d), but at about 34ish weeks I FINALLY met my doctor (he's only in the office every three weeks, I'd seen a couple other doctors and mostly nurses until then) and he decided to change dd to the 19th, which is according to the dd I gave them for my LMP. Which I had essentially thrown a rock at, because my periods are SO irregular and I honestly couldn't remember exact dates. 

My only other US put my dd at the 23rd. ALL THIS ASIDE, because I know these are just estimates, I was nervous about him changing the date so much earlier and being more inclined to assume that I was late and want to induce too soon. 
    Yesterday I met with my doctor (for only second time) and he started talking induction and wanting to make a date. I already had it rehearsed in my head that I wanted to tell him that I would prefer induction only if medically necessary and I want what is best for baby and I ect., but I don't see needing to plan inducement so soon.( I am 1 cm only, 38w4d btw.) He said because of the holidays, it will be hard to plan anything for the 26/27/28. So we should plan for it now in case I do go over dd. That makes sense.
     Except he wants to plan for the 23/24/25. Not even a week past my "new" dd! 
    Then he said that those days will work out for him because he will be on call...When he saw that I looked dubious about planning so soon, like I wanted to let baby hang out (if we even get there I know!) if need be, just a tad longer, he went into the risks of waiting. I am no doctor, but sure as hell I have read a lot of scientific studies and statistics about letting baby hang out longer. I understand that there are very serious risks that are not to play around with just because I don't want to be induced. But those risks, in an otherwise extremely healthy pregnancy, are incredibly rare, ESPECIALLY before 42 weeks. The first risk he throws at me? "The baby could die in your womb if you wait too long." I didn't know what to say, who the hell starts off with that??? I feel like it was very unprofessional and a scare tactic to try and get me to plan induction when convenient to him. I've gone over this a million times in my head and it just makes me more angry.
     At 41 weeks solid, I will talk induction all day.
     If my baby is in distress, I will reach down my own throat if that would ensure my baby got out safely. These things aren't the case, however, and in my heart I feel like waiting only 4-6 days after dd is a tad too soon... I want my baby here, like, yesterday. More importantly though, I want what is going to be best for the both of us. I don't think this is it.
    I think this is what is convenient for the doctor.

Sorry so long, but I needed to vent. I read a couple of posts on this thread with ladies in similar situations, and the advice they received was wonderful. I am going to talk to my doctor about it further because yesterday I was so frustrated I kind of just nodded my head and left kind of thing... However, if you ladies have any other ideas/ advice, super appreciated!! Thanks for reading, I feel better!

edit because words and stuff
  • Options
    snlyon0614snlyon0614 member
    edited November 2015
    @MercyC1130 your doctor seems like a prick, and I would carry on with your plan. I wouldn't let the hospital induce me solely because it fit better in their schedule. I refused induction before 42 weeks with my own (unless something goes wrong/baby is in distress) I have had a VERY healthy pregnancy, no need for the nonsense.

On another note, I have a headache...and I think a small coffee and donuts may be the only cure...

ETA I'm currently 40+4
  • Options
    I've been having period like cramps for a few days already. Is this an indication of soon oncoming labour or am I experiencing regular third trimester aches and pains and simply being impatient?
  • Options
    lesles89 said:
    I've been having period like cramps for a few days already. Is this an indication of soon oncoming labour or am I experiencing regular third trimester aches and pains and simply being impatient?
    Hard to tell since every body and labor is different. For me, those cramps were not labor (had them all last week... still pregnant) - I was hooked up to an NST while I was having them and the test showed no activity. It may be your body prepping for labor, but labor could still be a ways away, unfortunately. How far along are you?
  • Options
    lesles89 said:
    I'm 40W today and have been having period-type cramps for over a week (sometimes so bad that they wake me up at night). Still zero signs of imminent labor (haven't lost mucus plug, no real deal contractions, etc.) and I'm pretty convinced that baby is going to be camped out in womb for the foreseeable future. Maybe it'll be different for you though.
  • Options
    bellie1223bellie1223 member
    edited November 2015
    Bettytteb said:
    lesles89 said:
    I'm 40W today and have been having period-type cramps for over a week (sometimes so bad that they wake me up at night). Still zero signs of imminent labor (haven't lost mucus plug, no real deal contractions, etc.) and I'm pretty convinced that baby is going to be camped out in womb for the foreseeable future. Maybe it'll be different for you though.
    Like @Rachswi said, every labor is different. My contractions felt JUST like period cramps for me, started in the lower back with painful aching, wrapping around to the front. If I wasn't pregnant I would have guessed I was getting my period. What made it different was that they were regular at 4-6 minutes apart. Also, I wasn't really in that much pain, so you can't always use that as an indicator. In fact, the RN I talked to at the hospital recommended I not come in yet because I could still talk through contractions, but I went anyway, my water broke almost as soon as I walked through the door and I was pushing within an hour and a half...
  • Options
    I'm at 38 weeks, so it could realistically be awhile still. Patience isn't really my strong suit.
  • Options
    null
    null
    Both of these scenarios are my worst fear. I live 2 hrs away from the hospital and today it's snowing. It would just be nice to know! As stated before patience isn't exactly my strong suit. It would just be nice to have some heads up. Lol. Too bad pregnancy and labor and delivery is so unpredictable!!
  • Options
    kestes946kestes946 member
    edited November 2015
    Just a shout out!! I'm 38.1 weeks and I had my appt today.. Went from a fingertip to 2cm dilated and head low!! Woohoo!! There was talk of induction as I have mild pre e but now we're just gonna wait till she decides to come! This is my 3rd and my rainbow baby and I'm beyond excited to meet her.
    My DH and I are expecting our first child! A boy.. we're thrilled :)http://www.thebump.com/profiles/kestes946/settings/avatar/index# BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Had an appointment today at 39+4. No change from last week. Her head is engaged but my cervix is still closed. I won't deny I was pretty disappointed to hear that!
  • Options
    39 weeks today, and my midwife offered to do a sweep today at my appointment... I totally wussed out and asked her to hold of until next week when SO will be on vacation. Turns out I'm maybe not quite as ready for this little guy to make his entrance as I thought!
  • Options
    Saw midwife today for a sweep. Due date is today. 1 cm dilated and head fully engaged. She could feel the head which freaked me out! I really think it's going to be tonight. I had 4 hours sleep last night and feel far too tired. Having pains but going to try to sleep now! I'm guessing if I do go and haven't slept the hormones will kick in to get me through
  • Options
    Last night my head started hurting so I checked my blood pressure. It was 140/92. I laid on my left side and drank some water. It slowly came down by bedtime but my headache didn't go away. I had an appointment today at 3 but when I woke up still in pain, I checked my bp again. This morning it was 141/101 so I called and they squeezed me in early. The dr checked my cervix and I am still closed. My bp in the office was 130/90. He sent me over to the hospital for labs and monitoring. The resident told me my last 24 hr protein was borderline preeclampsia. My dr had told me it "looked good". I saw the labs myself but trusted his judgement. While in the hospital my bp started low but shot back up again and then stabilized but all my labs looked good. I still showed a trace of protein though. The dr decided to bring me back Friday to monitor again and induce on my dd next Monday. Still hoping labor starts on its own but I am ready to meet my baby boy.
  • Options
    So I'm 38wks and Had a check yesterday and I'm 2-3cm dialated and 60-75% effaced. I've been having BH for about two weeks now. I woke up this morning with a killer headache, feeling flushed, and an almost euphoric feeling. I also got the nesting feeling kicked back in. I just thought it was such an odd and random feeling. Anyone else get this? Or just feel off all of a sudden?
  • Options
    40 weeks tomorrow. 2cm dialated and 50% effaced. Had a sweep today, hopefully that will get things moving. I'm sure she will be at least a week late.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

40 weeks tomorrow. 2cm dialated and 50% effaced. Had a sweep today, hopefully that will get things moving. I'm sure she will be at least a week late.

I so could have written this exactly last Wednesday. Hopefully have better news tomorrow. I also hope you progress quicker than I am and your sweep works.
  • Options
    @snylon0614 That makes me feel more confident for sure. Thanks!

@rachswi I don't know how I missed this post just a few before mine, but gonna go check out that article now!
  • Options
    @greyphoenix good luck. Just had to be monitored yesterday myself and totally understand how you feel! I am rooting for you!!!
  • Options
    Thanks @Gwennies good luck to you too!
  • Options
    Been having really strong contractions every 20 mins since 9 and i just wish they would either progress or stop cause i can't go on all night like this
  • Options
    jpierre91 said:

Been having really strong contractions every 20 mins since 9 and i just wish they would either progress or stop cause i can't go on all night like this

Im 38-3 and I've had mild-contractions since 3 am. They last about 1 minute and happen every 20 minutes. Like you, I wish they would either stop or progress to labor. I have a doctor's appointment later today. I'm feeling very anxious.