November 2015 Moms
Options

The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

Re: The Official Labor Watch Thread(L&D questions, concerns, and announcements)

• Options

How normal is it to pee, and then have to pee 5 minutes later. Should I concerned about it being water not urine?

Very normal. Something that helps me is to go, then stand up and kind of lift my belly up to move the baby some, and then sit down and try to go again. The baby on my bladder tends to prevent me from emptying it.
  • Options
    Well...being induced tonight. I'm not at the hospital I want to be at but I'll be okay. All that matters is that my LO is okay.
    Good luck!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so confused. I was induced with my first so I'm really lost as to when i have to go to the hospital. I've been having cramping and pelvic pain for 2 days which hasn't escalated to anything. Had my appt today ( 39 weeks Friday) and only 1.5 cm dialated, I don't get it. Lost my mucus plug today but apparently that doesn't mean anything...

I'm not sure what you don't get? What did your doc tell you? My midwife was very clear that the main thing that should tell me I'm in labor are contractions that are timetable, regular and get more painful. I'm looking for contractions that last roughly a minute and are spaces 4 mins apart and I should be able to click these. In a contraction your whole uterus will tighten up and be hard as a rock! If if BH contractions this will not be really painful yet. Once this is painful an accompanied by cramps and back pain at the same time then it's looking more real. I have has cramping me back pain in general for a few weeks but not coming in eves with contractions and not getting super painful. The camping is likely just you cervix dilating:)other than that ofcorse I will call them if my water breaks.
  • Options
    eamarat said:

@BumpAdmin can we get this pinned please?

Agreed, @BumpAdmin, please pin.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    Lost mine Monday and no labor yet. Last time I went into labor 12 hours after losing jt
  • Options
    If you can stop the flow it's urine not water and I have been doing that pee every 5 minute thing
  • Options
    I lost 3 lbs this week. Definitely didn't expect it. Anyone else lose weight before labor? I've read it can happen days before labor and I have a rcs set up for the 12th and would like to make it to that point! I am 3 cm and 70% effaced though..
  • Options
    ZoeH3 said:

I lost 3 lbs this week. Definitely didn't expect it. Anyone else lose weight before labor? I've read it can happen days before labor and I have a rcs set up for the 12th and would like to make it to that point! I am 3 cm and 70% effaced though..

I am losing weight too. Midwife says it happens when we get near the end. Yay!
  • Options
    ZoeH3 said:

Some women lose weight in the final few weeks. And some women gain. I lost 2lbs last week and gained 5lbs this week. Not really an indicator of labor, just something our bodies do.
  • Options
    I know I still have 12 days until my due date but I have had no progression in dilation. My cervix is so far posterior my doctor can't tell anything. I actually had false labor yesterday which makes no sense to me seeing as my cervix has done nothing. I'm just so frustrated, I was hoping I'd at least have a little progression especially since I had the false labor yesterday but nothing. The thought of even going one day over my due date is a horrific thought as I am so mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted I am so just ready for this baby to come! I know it's my first and most women go over their due date with their first but I was hoping I'd be an exception. What a dream huh? Ha! My doctor also mentioned today that my baby's head is so low in my pelvis (which I thought sounded like a good thing) that the doc is concerned about how the baby will fit during labor? I'm so confused!
    I should also mention that I have low platelets and I've started steroids to boost the platelet count, my doc is saying she doesn't want to induce me if she doesn't have to but I'm concerned with no progression at all that I will get too far and then the reaction from the steroids will fade and my platelets will go back down as we wait for my body to go into labor naturally.
  • Options
    XetteXette member
    edited November 2015
    I am 40w1d and I am also not effaced or dilated. I've been having braxton hicks since 28 weeks and had really strong contractions, pelvic pain and period like cramps the last couple of days. I am scheduled to be induced on Monday and my doctor said that I have 75% chance that induction will go smoothly since I already had a vaginal birth. I am hoping to go into labor before monday. You still have several days to go. Just relax and exercise everyday. Maybe that will help to keep things moving.
  • Options
    Pretty sure it's just prodrominal labor, but around 245 this afternoon I started having extremely painful contractions. I couldn't even time them because they felt like they never ended. And then all the sudden they would stop for twenty minutes or so and restart. My water has not broken, but my boss keeps texting me telling me I have to go to the hospital because it's been almost twelve hours and they need to check if the baby is in distress? Is this true? My midwife/doctor told me to call when contractions are a five minutes apart, lasting for a minute for over two hours. Since they are kind of irregular in strength/ timing I figured it was best to wait it out at home.
  • Options
    @sadyy131 I think it wouldn't hurt to call. Could be nothing but better safe than sorry.
  • Options
    lke17 said:

I know I still have 12 days until my due date but I have had no progression in dilation. My cervix is so far posterior my doctor can't tell anything. I actually had false labor yesterday which makes no sense to me seeing as my cervix has done nothing. I'm just so frustrated, I was hoping I'd at least have a little progression especially since I had the false labor yesterday but nothing. The thought of even going one day over my due date is a horrific thought as I am so mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted I am so just ready for this baby to come! I know it's my first and most women go over their due date with their first but I was hoping I'd be an exception. What a dream huh? Ha! My doctor also mentioned today that my baby's head is so low in my pelvis (which I thought sounded like a good thing) that the doc is concerned about how the baby will fit during labor? I'm so confused!
    I should also mention that I have low platelets and I've started steroids to boost the platelet count, my doc is saying she doesn't want to induce me if she doesn't have to but I'm concerned with no progression at all that I will get too far and then the reaction from the steroids will fade and my platelets will go back down as we wait for my body to go into labor naturally.

Unfortunately, false eatly labor doesn't guarantee a thing! If it had nothing to do with your cervix I assumenit was your uterus contracting? I had early and painful contractions at 32 weeks, was on modified duty at work, for the steroid ahots for baby's lings just in case etc..... We were all prepped to "maybe" go early and here I am at almost 41 weeks. Plus your due date is really generally an estimate too so it's not like an alarm goes off on that day or anything. I was so prepped and now feel totally impatient when really, I'm only 2 days overdue. Just try to relax and anticipate that it could be later than dd.
  • Options
    I am getting induced Monday at 38 weeks due to preeclampsia. I am only 1cm and 50% effaced and I'm terrified of a long/painful induction. Being on bed rest, I can't walk or be active which would help my cervix progress (I think). No question here, just venting about my fears! I know it's better for him to come early due to my dangerously high BP, I just wish I could go into labor on my own. Thanks for listening.

Married DH December 2014
    Expecting DS#1 November 2015
  • Options
    I was induced at 37 weeks w #1 and although labor was a little longer than I'd like, baby & I were totally fine! Hang in there !
  • Options
    I will be induced this monday at 39 weeks because of GD, and I haven't really open. DR. Hasnt given me a number just told me im still very tight. She did tell me to walk a lot and eat a lot of boiled eggs cause that suppose to help :-?? . Anyways just venting feeling a bit nervous :-SS
  • Options
    My SO and I are on our way to the hospital for our scheduled induction (suspected macrosemia) 40W1D tmrw and last checked I was closed and 50% effaced. Super nervous of having a long labor due to that, but hoping for the best. No question here, just needed to write it out to help with the nerves!
  • Options
    sullyv23 said:

I will be induced this monday at 39 weeks because of GD, and I haven't really open. DR. Hasnt given me a number just told me im still very tight. She did tell me to walk a lot and eat a lot of boiled eggs cause that suppose to help :-?? . Anyways just venting feeling a bit nervous :-SS

.... What exactly does eating boiled eggs do?
  • Options
    I'm 38 weeks today, and my midwife checked my cervix at my appointment earlier. I was 3cm and 80% effaced.... I know it could really still be almost a month before LO decides to actually show up, but now I'm overly anxious and making myself crazy trying to get everything done! I guess it's my own fault for saying yes to the check.
  • Options
    Lost 8 lbs in the last 2 weeks . 6 days over due
  • Options

Had lots of period type cramping and cleaning out (gross) yesterday today...nothing. this is really super frusterating!

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Had lots of period type cramping and cleaning out (gross) yesterday today...nothing. this is really super frusterating!

Yep. This is me too. Period-type cramping for the past week and "cleaning out" since yesterday but cervix still totally closed at my appointment 4 days ago. I'm 39+3 and today is my last day of work, so little one is welcome to make his appearance any time now!
  • Options

Oh boo. I've had this too and was hopeful it meant things would be happening. Probably not... I have an appointment today and I'll probably get checked just to see if any progress has been made (wasn't dilated at all last Friday), but now I know I shouldn't get my hopes up.
  • Options
    rachswi said:

Oh boo. I've had this too and was hopeful it meant things would be happening. Probably not... I have an appointment today and I'll probably get checked just to see if any progress has been made (wasn't dilated at all last Friday), but now I know I shouldn't get my hopes up.
    Nothing means anything anymore!! I've been dilating but have zero pains so here I am. 1 day past my due date at OB's waiting to check on my water. [-(
  • Options
    I'm 39 weeks and 5 days, I got my membranes stripped twice on tuesday. At that point I was 3 cm and 80% effaced. I lost my mucus plug the next day. Today (friday) I woke up with a headache, slightly nauseous, back pain, and just feeling different. Could labor be coming soon?
  • Options
    I had my 37 week appointment today. Baby is dropped all the way but my cervix is still closed. Here's to hoping we make some progress by our next appointment :) good news is she has assumed the position!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Started my induction today at 1am and in 12 hours have gone from 1 cm to....1 cm -_- this Pitocin is giving me contractions but not enough to push my body. Holy butt sore batman :(
  • Options
    39 weeks today. Started having lots of nausea and weird stomach cramps (they either feel like digestive cramps or contractions that only effect the top of my uterus ... really weird feeling). Slightly painful braxton hicks every time I use the bathroom. Cramps and backache. Heartburn is getting worse. Been super exhausted and crabby all week so I'm definitely taking advantage of getting as much rest as possible! Slept until noon today! At my last appointment (38+4) the baby's head was engaged but my cervix was still closed. Cervical mucous is changing from watery to creamy, but it doesn't look anything like a plug. Oh and I also feel like I have to go #2 pretty much all the time, but I can't go. Haha!

• Options
    Not much of a labor question but, has anyone gotten an IV that freaking kills? I went to L&D last night after intense contractions very close together started and was given IV fluids. I'm convinced the nurse stabbed my arm, I woke up Today and my hand is swollen and the IV site on the back of my wrist is black and blue and puffy. I've never gotten an IV before, so maybe I'm just being a wuss but I don't think it should hurt this bad. I never bruise getting blood work/shots.
  • Options
    Contractions every 3-5 minutes (mild) for 12 hours... Dilated from closed to 1cm.. Then NOTHING! Gahhhhhhh. 38.5 here. STM. Patience... What are those? Guess this little peanut needs to cook more.
  • Options
    sadyy131 said:

Not much of a labor question but, has anyone gotten an IV that freaking kills? I went to L&D last night after intense contractions very close together started and was given IV fluids. I'm convinced the nurse stabbed my arm, I woke up Today and my hand is swollen and the IV site on the back of my wrist is black and blue and puffy. I've never gotten an IV before, so maybe I'm just being a wuss but I don't think it should hurt this bad. I never bruise getting blood work/shots.

Your IV probably infiltrated. That means she probably went through the vein a little bit. If it's painful and swollen let them know. They should discontinue that IV and give you a new one. Other than the initial poke, IVs should not be painful.
  • Options

I was hooked up to a non-stress test and was having the period-like cramps. And they weren't contractions... Sad day. I really thought they were.