March 2016 Moms
Options

Dumb Things People Have Said?

Re: Dumb Things People Have Said?

• Options
    I'd at least show her that law and be like "this was passed for a reason" ^ Ugh people
    It's actually illegal in every single state. It's called battery. If you tell someone not to touch you and they touch you anyway, you can press charges.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'd at least show her that law and be like "this was passed for a reason" ^
    Ugh people

It's actually illegal in every single state. It's called battery. If you tell someone not to touch you and they touch you anyway, you can press charges.

Passing this little tidbit along to my mother later today...
  • Options

Someone I work with told me she had no idea I was pregnant. When I expressed confusion (I was 18 weeks at the time and REALLY showing) she said "Oh, I just thought you were fat." 

Um, thanks? Weirdo.
    I would have followed that up with a stronger word than weirdo and dismissed her from my company. But that's just me.
  • Options
    Oh my gosh you're really showing now! Me: Um... Not I'm not? I'm still shaped the same, wearing the same clothes, and you would have no idea that I'm pregnant if I hadn't already told you... Why is it so hard to accept that I was fat before??? (For clarity, first picture in sweat pants July 31st, Second was taken on Friday)
  • Options
    Here's one. This is my third baby. My oldest is 6, second is 16 months old and in 23 weeks along. Well apparently people feel the need to tell what and how to do with my tubes and my husbands testicles. "So your getting your tubes tied right?" "So is he going to snip it?" Freaking idiots. I have never asked anyone for anything, I have never had a baby shower. We both have amazing careers and own crap in our lives. Hate his family even more now. And the fact that my husband doesn't stand up for us. He just answers their questions like nothing. No wonder they don't talk to me, I would have cut them!
  • Options
    I showed up at bible study and my cousin was instantly like oh your butt is getting bigger.

Really? 

Why do people think its fair game to critique and discuss your body when you are pregnant? At no other time is really appropriate to make a comment like that. Bump talk? Ok.

• Options
    It may not be upsetting to other people but everyone at work keeps telling me how much weight I lost and I look beautiful and so healthy!! I wasn't that big people!! I lost 20 pounds and am just starting to gain weight I'm 19w1d. Someone said it to me today and I got so upset because I've always been very self conscious about my weight and how I look and now everyone tells me how good I look and I get upset lol
  • Options
    Let's see.... I think the two things that have gotten me the most angry have been, "oops. (accompanied by an eye roll)" and, "have you applied for Medicaid yet?"
    Seriously? Both have come from two separate coworkers. The "oops" comment came from someone who I generally don't have the "pleasure" of working with. She just assumed it was an accident when in reality.....yaaa.. Whatever lady. The second comment came from a younger gal who is recently a newly wed and is openly trying to conceive so her and her husband can be on welfare. Did I mention she blurted this out in front of a small shop full of other employees and customers? I about lost it. Sorry Hun, not everyone shares your enthusiasm for working the system. Gahhhhh
  • Options
    Im almost 19 weeks and went to a work meeting today with people I haven't seen since April. I told them the good news and got my very first "Oh congrats, that's great! I thought you just got fat!!!" Comment. Can't believe it took almost half way through my 2nd pregnancy to get that ;)
    I've only gained 3 lbs but my stomach definitely is popped. But still... ridiculous statement.
  • Options
    People knew I wanted a girl and I'd always have people say to me "sorry honey, you're having a boy." My mother in law said that to me, my best friend. It was so frustrating and the thing was I started believing them. I was so sure that I would end up with a boy that when I had my ultrasound and heard the word "girl" out of his mouth I was so shocked and was like "Are...are you sure?" 

Just goes to show we shouldn't listen to what other people are saying about our pregnancies unless we actually find it helpful. 
  • Options
    I don't think I would be able to refrain from going back and rubbing the It's a Girl! ultrasound in their faces. Just because, who the hell are they to say what you're having like that, so definitively. Especially when they know you're hoping for the opposite of their prediction. That just seems like being intentionally bitchy, so I'd be very over the top back. IT'S A GIRL, A$$HOLES!

Then again, I might be a little bit hormonal lately...
  • Options
    @bagel37 everyone is entitled to their own opinion. You are the mother and it's your choice what you do with your child. At 3 months I would not leave my baby with a baby sitter unless it was a family member I trusted. But since it's a wedding in sure all the family members will be at the wedding. I would leave this topic on the back burner until the baby is born. Opinions might change by then. Especially seeing the precious lil one.
  • Options
    soxfan9968soxfan9968 member
    edited November 2015
    Bah haa haa!! So my husband works at the school I used to work at last year. A few of my former students wanted to see me so he told them I'd be at the football game today. I have heard all fun types of things so far..."Wow Ms. B you're HUGE!" "Hey, did you eat one of the footballs?" "Wait, is that why you're not back this year? You love your baby more than us" (ummm yeah?) while looking at DH "way to go coach, get the job done!" Ahhhh teenagers and their inability to filter themselves... /:)

Edited: wrong smiley

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    When we found out we were having a boy my SIL responded with "are you okay?" We experienced a loss this past March and we were having a girl. It took everything in me not to slap her. Seriously? No, I am upset that my baby is healthy and his heart is still beating. Ugh some people.
  • Options

ecwk said:

@oceanchild

When people make any sort of 'fat' comment to pregnant ladies....

I LOVE THIS GIF!!! I say this to DH all the time!! (Not seriously, just because it reminds us of this movie) he always responds with this
    Bahahahahaaaaa I love this movie!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Took my Grandma took an antique shop and a lady told me my cellphone would make my baby radioactive. She was old as dirt so I just said "thanks for the concern" but she looked horrified.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. Dad "how'd that happen?"
    Me "we had sex"

2. Grandma (at 10 weeks) "oh look you're starting to show!"
    Me " no grandma I'm still just fat"

3. Mom every time she sees me "how's my grandbaby going?"
    Me "I'm fine thanks mom"

4. My mom again, always touching my belly telling me she can feel it move (especially annoying when I could only just feel it moving) now it stops moving every time she touches it haha

5. When I announced on Facebook (at 14 weeks) my friend thought she would announce hers too (at 7 weeks) (it just really peeved me lol)

6. And the best (and most common I guess) for last "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOURE NOT FINDING OUT THE SEX?!" From literally everyone and with that I've gotten
    6a. "I'm coming to the ultrasound with you and I'll find out"
    6b. "That's the hospital I have to go to, I'll ask them myself when I go"
    6c. "Get the midwife to write it down on a piece of paper and only show me"
    6d. "Show me the ultrasound pic, I'll tell you what you're having!"
    6e. "Oh it's a girl, everyone that's due around that times havin a girl"

Like oh my god why are my babies genitals so important to everyone?
  • Options
    1.)  "You need to register at Walmart too.  A lot of people don't use Amazon."  and 
    2.)  "You have way too much on your registry."

1.)  I registered on Amazon and only Amazon.  I'm a prime member so I will get a 15% completion discount, instead of the usual 10%.  Why would I register anywhere else?  People can literally go on Amazon, find what they want to buy, and buy it at Walmart if they wish.  I live in a different state from everyone so it's likely that if I did go to Target or Walmart to register with the traditional gun that the store in the other state wouldn't have it in stock and it would have to be ordered on line anyway.

2.)  This is our first baby and we don't have anything, so I registered for EVERYTHING.  I looked at it as my "baby shopping list" and not, "I hope people buy me everything" list.  Therefore, I have everything on my list that I think I'll need, from a breast pump to nipple cream.  Baby Tylenol and Motrin to Gatorade and electrolyte water (Amazon includes items in "grocery" on their completion discount, so why not?)  Baby gates and electric plugs.  EVERYTHING.  At first I didn't put clothes on my list, but since the completion discount includes clothes I added the essentials like plain white onesies short sleeve and longsleeve in multiple sizes, and plenty of gowns to make nighttime changes easier.  I have 165 items on the list.  But how can you have "way too much?"
  • Options
    @CalebsHabibi i I can't get it to register that I've put everything in every category and it still says I'm not complete. Ugh!
  • Options

@CalebsHabibi i I can't get it to register that I've put everything in every category and it still says I'm not complete. Ugh!

I had to manually mark some complete. Just click on the category and click "mark complete. "
  • Options
    Told my in-laws we're having another girl. About half an hour later, MIL asks "so are you still only having 2? Still having a c-section?"

As if having 2 daughters is a reason to change my mind and have 3 kids now. I've been pretty adamant all along 2 and done. Yes I MAY change my mind but as it stands now I'm still on 2. If we did try for a 3rd it wouldn't be to have a son, it would be because we want 3 kids. Gender is a 50-50 game each time. We could end up with 3 girls (which is totally fine too!). Trying for the opposite gender is never why I would try for more kids.

And frankly it's not yours or anyone else's concern whether I elect to have a c-section again (my doctor left it up to me but had said if we wanted more than 2 she would recommend a VBAC which is probably why MIL asked). It's my body and my decision and I will do whatever I damn well please. My doctor is supportive of my decision. My husband is. That's all that matters.

My MIL is usually great but she really pissed me off.
  • Options
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you don't have to have a "complete" registry to get the completion discount. All they mean by the completion discount is once your shower is over (or whatever), you buy the rest of your registry all at once at a 10-15% discount to "complete" the rest of your registry. Don't stress on checking all those boxes!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @yodapup you don't have to have it complete for the completion discount but if you mark all the categories Amazon will send you a "welcome box" with different baby samples.
  • Options
    @yodapup you don't have to have it complete for the completion discount but if you mark all the categories Amazon will send you a "welcome box" with different baby samples.
    Ohhh I see. I started a registry on Amazon too but I have like 5 things on it since I don't need much. Hmmm
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Cool! Did not know that! ^

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    "I didn't realize you were pregnant... Again"
  • Options
    Whoops my comment was replying about the welcome box, but quotes weren't working (I'm mobile and it says the tech team is tweaking the app again right now)

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    So here's another, though it's a bit old at this point. When I got pregnant with my first I KNEW it was a boy, and when anyone asked me, I would tell them so. Everyone would just roll their eyes at me, but I knew I was right. When we found out he was a boy, I felt vindicated. I never got a "feeling" with my next pregnancy, our first loss. With our second loss I again knew it was a boy, and was again right. This time, I felt like it was a boy. My husband was willing to bet the entire house on my gut instinct at this point, but my MIL really wanted it to be a girl (for reasons that I have a hard time understanding...like, WHY DOES IT MATTER?) and even when we got the genetic testing back that said boy she said "well those things can be wrong." all smug. THEN, at a dinner a few weeks later, I'd subsequently gotten an ultrasound and sent the pic to her to keep her updated. Her husband (clearly at her insistence) told me that the baby was a girl and that he could tell from the ultrasound, and that the doctors were wrong. I was only 12 weeks at that point, so it would have been impossible to tell, but I was so horrified and irritated. I snapped back "Sorry, you're wrong, it's a BOY. And, sorry you aren't excited about your grandSON." and huffed away. What's wrong with people!?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @charley15 tell me about it! We have a boy and I'm good either way but my mom said to me this weekend "you know we'll be excited and love the new baby even if it is a boy". I nearly lost my shiz at such a stupid statement.
  • Options

@charley15 tell me about it! We have a boy and I'm good either way but my mom said to me this weekend "you know we'll be excited and love the new baby even if it is a boy". I nearly lost my shiz at such a stupid statement.

I hate comments like that! What is wrong with people?!

• Options
    That's ok lol- tough nuggies to them all- I'm having a boy!
    February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers