March 2016 Moms

Dumb Things People Have Said?

I'm hoping I'm not alone on this one! One of my sister-in-laws overstepped so many boundaries and said so many stupid things at dinner a few nights ago it's ridiculous. Here's the list of offenses:

1) Oh my gosh! Are you showing yet?!

- Nope...just bloated and feel like a whale. But thanks for that.

2) I will so be in your delivery room with you!

- No. No you won't. My own mother will not be in there. Hell, I don't want to be in there!

3) Oh, I'll just bring Mexican food and you'll have to let me in!

- Great! Stink up my room with food I can't even eat! You know, cause I'll be busy pushing a human out of my va-jay-jay.

4) Ok, you HAVE to donate your cord blood to research.

- Um...stop harvesting my baby's parts. My birth plan is not up for discussion, and my biggest concern at the moment is growing a healthy baby. Not your cause.

5) Feel free to ask me any questions or for advice!

- Why would I ask you questions? You've never had a child or been pregnant...I don't care how many friends of yours have babies. You have no idea.

6) Oh, you don't want anyone touching your bump?! I had a friend like that, and I touched her bump every time I saw her just to be funny.

- You are literally begging for a throat punch right now. I will lose my shit if you even start coming at me like you're going to cop a feel.

7) That's fine that you guys were so low key telling everyone, but I'm going to have a huge party when I get pregnant!

- Oh, I'm very aware that you're my polar opposite. You wanting to be the center of attention is no surprise. I just pray that I can pop this kid out before you get knocked up.

8) I'm so gonna ask our doctor about your baby's sex at my next appointment.

- Does HIPPA mean nothing to you?! I can't even believe you would ask my doctor about my personal health history!

Please, ladies, tell me your most annoying comments from family and friends so far! These were all from one conversation with one person. She would not stop.

My husband and his brother tried to get her to shut up and realize how insanely inappropriate she was being, but she was completely oblivious to how in danger her life was by the end of dinner.

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• I was walking into a meeting one morning when a senior level manager (I guess just found out I was pregnant), asked loudly what I was eating. At that moment I was sucking on a peppermint since it was the only thing I could hold down. When I asked why, he stated because you are eating for two. Like I wasn't aware of the fact.
  • Wow! These people are crazy... I just don't have that kind of crazy in my life. I'm a tiny bit jealous.
    *TTC since July 2010
    *BFP #1- 11/12/12, m/c 11/16/12 @ 6 weeks
    *BFP #2- 1/23/13 EDD 10/4/13  

*Emma Rose: 10/8/13

*BFP #3- EDD 03/9/16

March '16 December Siggy Challenge- Favorite Christmas Movie/Quote
  • lightrox said:

I had someone say oh your pregnant you must want a girl since you have two boys. I'm sure you'll be disappointed if you don't have a girl.

No no I will not be disappointed I want a healthy baby regardless of the sex. We had a miscarriage last year I'm just happy this baby is there and has a heartbeat and is growing. People say the stupidest crap to people.

I have 3 girls. We got lots of comments after we found out #3 was a girl.
  • Wow! These people are crazy... I just don't have that kind of crazy in my life. I'm a tiny bit jealous.

I'm telling you, you don't want this crazy. It might be amusing if this person wasn't my kid's future aunt...but really, it's just a sneak peak of the next 50 years if their marriage lasts. It's always something with this one.
  • The director at a facility I work at told me I was crazy to have a 4th child.

Everyone has asked if we are hoping for a boy. Well, yes, but I'm not blind to the practicality of having 4 girls either. Room, clothes, etc sharing is all so much easier when they're all the same gender!
  • When we told my BIL, he said "oh, I thought you were looking fat" then later said he was disappointed (because he and his wife have an 8 year old and are in their late 40s and can't have anymore babies). Rude much?! 
  • My SIL, when I told her, said "I thought you were looking a little pudgy in that Facebook photo."

In my previous pregnancy, when I was around 6 months pregnant my neighbor asked if I was sure I wasn't having twins - which I wasn't, and I really wasn't that big at 6 months, she just had a really out of whack idea of how big pregnant women get. But that really bothered me. 
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • A coworker of mine went "whoa! Got enough food there?!?!" I had just picked up snacks to help with MS

Work doesn't know I'm pregnant yet but that made me ragey
  • When we told SIL (my husbands (evil) twin btw) about our first pregnancy she got drunk, sat in her car in the driveway for 2 hours and cried because "it's not fair" that she's still single and we were having a baby... Needless to say, she will be the last one to know this time around, and we probably won't even tell her- we'll let MIL do it. I don't want to hear her negativity anymore!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Told a new co-worker that I was pregnant at around 7 weeks, her response "can you feel it moving around in there? I've heard it feels like little fishes." Also was informed yesterday by another co-worker that it looks like twins. Thanks?
  • MIL wanted to know the exact number of times we had sex while trying to conceive. She also commented that DH must be better at doing the deed than FIL since it didn't take us too long...
    Because the number of times you do it equals how long it takes you.  Wow. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Not many people know yet so I haven't really had any crazy comments. I am sure I am going to get tired of hearing people ask me if we are hoping for a girl since we already have a boy. Of course I would love a daughter but I would also love another son and for DS to have a brother. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dumb me pre-pregnancy definitely asked people if they were trying for a baby. After getting pregnant I realized how annoying that question was. So pretty sure people who've never been pregnant don't understand thats a rather rude question to ask.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • roo1oo said:

Dumb me pre-pregnancy definitely asked people if they were trying for a baby. After getting pregnant I realized how annoying that question was. So pretty sure people who've never been pregnant don't understand thats a rather rude question to ask.

This is true. And after having a baby, I've realized some of the pull behind reaching for a pregnant woman's belly. One of my coworkers was pregnant last year and I constantly felt the need to reach over (and stopped myself every time). It really shocked me because I wanted no one touching me when I was pregnant.
  • This time has been pretty tame so far, but we are only beginning. I've had some doozies over the years. My favorite comment was when I was pregnant with my last son 9 years ago. A person actually said to me, "Oh my. You even look pregnant in your face." WTH.
  • My mom had some gems when I told her. She has a very thin filter and no concept of bounaries usually, so I knew it was coming.

-"Did [DH] know you were trying??" ...well I mean, he was there for one, and we do communicate...

-"I have to say I'm not too surprised, you *are* pushing 30. I was kind of wondering though if you were just gonna have animals instead of kids!" ..we've been married for 3 years, together for 10, and have two cats. We're both 29, not like 67. We just weren't the couple who always wanted kids and wanted to take our time with the baby step. What's it to you?! We spent 10 months TTC and just kept it to ourselves. We're private people and didn't want to discuss our sex lives every month.

-"[DH] is going to lose it if you have a girl! Fathers have a special bond with their daughters." umm..so if it's a boy he just won't matter? What??

A friend of mine asked if it was planned or an oops. What a stupid question all around.

• My BIL is a grown man child who thinks children are just a way to trap men in relationships. His reaction was "eww. Kill it with fire"
  • The worst thing someone has said to me with this pregnancy was the father, when he flaked out and told me he hoped I died and hoped I had a miscarriage & that he was signing off his rights. Thankfully I haven't heard from him since but just in case I've saved the text messages where he said those things. :/
  • When we told my mother she asked me if it was planned or an accident. I know she didn't mean it in a bad way but the question really rubbed me the wrong way.
  • Since pregnant no, my mistake was cluing my mil in on our ttc troubles..... Daily I would get a sex tip or question about my menses/ovulation -after you and *husband* are done just lay there legs in the air and let the little swimmers do their job - you need to buy him loose fitting underwear ... What size is he ... Let m send some - are you ovulating ? Is your clomid/prometrium working ... Ovulating? Start having sex now in case you ovulate tomorrow

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)