November 2015 Moms
Options

Post Those Nursery Photos!

Re: Post Those Nursery Photos!

• Options
    These are super dreamy. I'm sad our crib isn't showing up until October now. :(
  • Options
    sdw84 said:

Her crib is ready :)

Is that s mesh bumper pad? It's really adorable
    Yes it's a mesh bumper pad. We got her bedding custom made on Etsy, that's how we were able to add the trim color.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    savyjohn1savyjohn1 member
    edited September 2015
    @BrandalynE -Love your art work!!! Where did you find it?? Doing similar western/cowboy theme for my little guy - different colors.
  • Options
    Is there a post for moms who don't have the space/can't afford a new house with an extra room? I have a very small space and would like some ideas about storage and furniture and all that good stuff!!
  • Options

Is there a post for moms who don't have the space/can't afford a new house with an extra room? I have a very small space and would like some ideas about storage and furniture and all that good stuff!!

I would take a look at Pinterest. Maybe search for "closet nursery".
  • Options

My step daughter will be sharing the nursery. I am working really hard to make an awesome shared space that will fit all of our needs. We are in an apartment and can't put many holes in the wall.

A mini crib ($100 +) or pack and play ($50 +) in a corner of your room may be perfect. You could do a cute hanging pom pom thing (the word escapes me right now) above the crib. A cube organizer ($15+) would work as storage and possibly as a changing table. They won't need more than that for a year or two.
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    urby87urby87 member
    edited September 2015
    My step daughter will be sharing the nursery. I am working really hard to make an awesome shared space that will fit all of our needs. We are in an apartment and can't put many holes in the wall. A mini crib ($100 +) or pack and play ($50 +) in a corner of your room may be perfect. You could do a cute hanging pom pom thing (the word escapes me right now) above the crib. A cube organizer ($15+) would work as storage and possibly as a changing table. They won't need more than that for a year or two.
    We will be sharing our room for the first year or so, and this is pretty much exactly what I have planned: crib, cube organizer, some wall shelving, and a diaper pail will be pretty much it.

ETA: Oh, and we dedicated a small column of shelving in our closet to her stuff, as well. Also editing to tag @cassandraprl
  • Options
    tmandato1234tmandato1234 member
    edited September 2015
    I have a one bedroom apartment, so all three of us with be sharing the same room. Thankfully, ikea came into great use with all there space friendly products. This is what is done so far. I hand painted the letters myself but contemplating of either doing them all stripes or mod podge over them with scrapbook paper. Advice would be lovely on the lettering imageimage
  • Options
    @knolliepollie what color is that mint green on the herringbone wall? Did you just have a white primer underneath? I love this and want to re-create!

I'm on the December15 board and you guys are way ahead of most ladies on there! Including me!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    katie1885 said:

@knolliepollie what color is that mint green on the herringbone wall? Did you just have a white primer underneath? I love this and want to re-create!

I'm on the December15 board and you guys are way ahead of most ladies on there! Including me!

The white underneath was just our original wall color. The color is from Sherwin Williams and it's called supreme green.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    fitmama89 said:

No real "theme" but our color scheme is gold and shades of pink/coral. We get the crib on Friday, but the bedding set from Caden Lane won't arrive until mid-September. I love the fabric swatches, though! We also ordered a gold faux-leather pouf ottoman from Land of Nod, which we should get some time next month. Those tissue paper pom poms next to the glider will be hung from the ceiling above the glider once they're all finished. :)

@CarrieOct15 so cute!
    I'm assuming that is the IKEA Hemnes dresser. I have been eyeing it. Is the one you purchased "white" or "white stain" ?? Online the knobs appear black & yours are white, which I prefer :)
    Yes, it's the Ikea dresser in "white" & the knobs are from Home Depot. Thank you! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Just got our mural finished for our Harry Potter inspired nursery!!! Still have some things to hang up on the other walls but I am loving how it has turned out so far!!!

Umm! This is AWESOME!!!!

• Options
    Thought I'd post an update since we got the crib bedding from Caden Lane we've been waiting for. :) The walls still need decor but it's pretty much finished.
    Love it, and LOVE the name Olivia. Wish I could use it! My cousin's name is Olivia.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We are having a girl...and didn't want to go pink. I liked the idea of keeping it organic and a little boho. We made all the details ourselves. My DH and I are big DIY-ers. Super excited for our little
    We are doing light blue and coral for our girl, too. :)
  • Options
    Finally getting somewhere in my nursery need to put things on the wall and have curtains made get a matress for the cot and duvet is being made :)
  • Options

Finally getting somewhere in my nursery need to put things on the wall and have curtains made get a matress for the cot and duvet is being made :)

I absolutely love that dresser. I like how the drawers are unique.
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's. 

• Options
    CarliB2 said:

I love seeing all of these super cute nurseries! Ours is coming together. Still alot to get to make it complete but am trying to wait till our shower to see what we all need. Baby boy will hopefully like his owl themed room.

Just put very similar tree decals up in our LO's nursery too! It took me a bit to figure out the pattern as they didn't come with any written directions, but once I got going it wasn't too bad.

Love the owls, your little mans nursery looks great!!!!
  • Options
    @Lsager424 where is your dresser from? Love it all!
  • Options
    Thanks @alylyn818! The dresser was a bit of a splurge, it came from PB Kids, it's great quality though and we love it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanx @VexedMommy I wanted drawers with different sizes so can keeps smaller stuff seperate and then same when they're older eg in my daughters she has undies in one socks in one singlets in one and hats in one and then tops pants and jerseys lol! Loving crisp white furniture at the moment
  • Options
    Lsager424 said:

All of you ladies have done an amazing job with your nurseries-I am very impressed with the level of creativity! I have been collecting elephants (trunk up only) for years, and I knew that for my first LO I would want an elephant themed nursery. While we are having a boy, I think the room is gender neutral enough that we can keep it for the next time around...

LOVE the baby elephant theme!
  • Options
    CarliB2 said:

I love seeing all of these super cute nurseries! Ours is coming together. Still alot to get to make it complete but am trying to wait till our shower to see what we all need. Baby boy will hopefully like his owl themed room.

Hey CarliB where did you get the chair for your nursery? I'm looking for the same oneand in that color!!
  • Options
    CarliB2 said:

Hey CarliB where did you get the chair for your nursery? I'm looking for the same oneand in that color!!

No real "theme" but our color scheme is gold and shades of pink/coral. We get the crib on Friday, but the bedding set from Caden Lane won't arrive until mid-September. I love the fabric swatches, though! We also ordered a gold faux-leather pouf ottoman from Land of Nod, which we should get some time next month. Those tissue paper pom poms next to the glider will be hung from the ceiling above the glider once they're all finished. :)

Where did you get the quilt? I looked at the Caden Lane website and couldn't find that one you have. Love those colors!!
  • Options
    I'm finally making progress!!!!! Her letters still need to be hung over her crib and we are waiting on another dresser from my aunt that will go in that corner. The dresser you see in the picture has a big gorgeous mirror that attaches to the back that she is still working on painting
  • Options
    Our little girl's nursery is almost done. I ordered the floor lamp and ottoman but both of them are on back order until Mid October/ Early November ugh! After that I just need to get the side table, rug and random decorations. I can't believe it's almost done. Will post more pics when our other purchases come in. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The crib I ordered in June finally arrived!!