August 2015 Moms
Options

Breastfeeding encouragement

2»

Re: Breastfeeding encouragement

• Options
    edited September 2015

I am going to tell you something most probably won't. If you want to throw in the towel, you can! It so doesn't make you a bad mom. Your baby will be fine either way she is fed. You can pump and give her bottles and she will be fine. Your time with your LO is so precious and you deserve to love it. Don't agonize over the decision to quit. You can if you want to. Hope things get better! Hugs!

Late to the party but this^^^ 100%. You sound like an amazing mother & at the end of the day whether or not you're bf/or formula feeding doesn't take away from that! I bought cute pink Avent bottles about 30.00 worth. Well it gave LO a ton of gas. So we also switched to Dr. Brown bottles which helped a lot. Hang in their mama *hugs*
  • Options
    We're cluster feeding all the time. It is tough! Hang in there, we've got this! (Giving myself a pep talk, too!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no advice, but I think we are all in the same boat. Even though I'm blessed with no physical difficulty in BFing, it is mentally taxing. It goes through my mind every day on how much I want to just quit. Also my husband seems to have mentally checked out on any of the actual work with the baby since he returned to work. I've basically been on my own since being released from the hospital and I'm just worn out.

I'm sure that it will get easier, I just don't know when.
  • Options
    JNOVA2015JNOVA2015 member
    edited September 2015

@gulimz I think we might actually switch to that type of schedule. Instead of freezing so much, start keeping some out to bottle feed at night. She has to get used to a bottle for when I go back to work and I need to make sure shes going to like what kind I have or if we are going to have to do some bottle testing!

This is what I do! I'm not back to work for 20 more weeks, but I pump enough for DH to give him 2 bottles a day. It really gives me (and my boobs) a break! DH also likes to hold or play with him after bottle time, so they get some bonding in, and I get a few hours a day to nap, do chores, or just hang out as a family without DS latched to me.

We've been using Medela bottles and doing paced feeding and DS hasn't had any issues switching back and forth!