2nd Trimester
Options

All symptoms disappeared, belly shrinking at 14 weeks

I just entered the 2nd Trimester and all of the sudden the only pregnancy symptom that I have, sore boobs has disappeared!  Just last week, my belly expanded to the point I couldn't zip up my pants but since yesterday, it has been shrinking down!  I have a pregnancy guide book and it doesn't say that my belly will be shrinking!  I'm confused and concerned very much :(  Right now, I don't feel pregnant at all.  

My next doctor appointment is in 6 days... 

Has this ever happened to anyone? Should I go to ER and get an emergency ultrasound to check for baby heartbeat?

Re: All symptoms disappeared, belly shrinking at 14 weeks

• Options
    Symptoms will come and go... And now that you are in the 2nd trimester you will start to feel better (its the part of pregnancy you will feel your best!)
    Your belly will change too... The weight is shifting, things are moving... It will take awhile for it to be there all the time. This is my 2nd pregnancy, and even at 24 weeks when I wake in the morning my belly is much smaller than when I go to bed at night after eating and drinking all day. It's to be expected at 14 weeks. No worries! It's all normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The same thing happened to me - my sore boobs ceased being sore, my energy returned and my belly bloat seemed to disappear. I was alerted too (especially since those two symptoms were my only pregnancy symptoms (i.e. no morning sickness)). After chatting with a number of posters on my birth month board I calmed down about it - it's strange to not really "FEEL" pregnant. At 18 weeks I'm still dealing with that, haha.

Chances are though everything is a-okay! But if you're really concerned about it definitely call your doctor. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a feeling your belly was so big because you were bloated. With my having baby #2 I always start off with bloat so it looks like I am really preggo and some days I don't look pregnant at all. I bet now that your are in your second trimester you are not as bloated and that is why your belly has shrunk. Don't worry to much....I think it will be ok :-) 
  • Options

It's normal for symptoms to dissipate around then. Mine did also.

The shrinkage is just b/c your bloat is going away, that happened to me too. The baby is still super tiny - like 3.5 inches - so whatever belly you had was almost all bloat to begin with.

I know it's hard, but try not to panic. This is not an emergency. Unless you are bleeding etc, there is no reason to see a doctor.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    One more comment - if you know anyone with a doppler (we have a Sonoline B) ours has comforted me MANY, many times starting at about week 12. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I experienced a pretty similar change in symptoms (I'm at 16w1d). No more nausea at at, belly looked smaller, everything that had been showing me I was pregnant just kind of tapered off.

The only thing that helped was that my boobs were still warm/hot to the touch, and I could see the blue veins showing increased blood flow to them. Anytime I got scared, I checked my breasts.

If you want to go to the ER, go. Being nervous doesn't help anything. I (who am completely not medically trained) don't think you physically need to go, but if you emotionally need to go, then go.

I get nervous a few days before each appointment, and my DH has to reassure me that things are fine. You are not alone, I promise you.

• Options

Whewwwww!  I calm down a lot now after reading all these wonderful comment and advice.  THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I still have those crazy blue veins all over my boobs, arms and legs.  No cramp, no spotting so I hope baby is ok :)

Thanks again for giving me a peace of mind.  Enjoy your weekends everyone!  

Sam 

• Options

2nd tri your supposed to feel better...and there are a few explanations for the belly

1) have your BM become more frequent? During pregnancy if you go 3-4 days w/o a movement then have several in 1 or 2 days especially early that can affect belly/size esp. early on. (This happened with me)

2) You could have been retaining water and some of that is ceasing just due to diet/sodium ect.

3) Your uterus moves, so if you are wearing low low rider jeans( like alot of mine) they became very uncomfortable for a few weeks and then as my uterus shifted up towards my belly button I was able to wear them with a belly band again.

I know its easy to worry--I worry alot! Have open communication with your OB's nurse and remind yourself of the scary symptoms you aren't having. I'm going to assume you aren't cramping/spotting/bleeding ect? Those would be something that would cause me to be concerned.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome to 2nd tri!  There is a reason everyone says it is so much better then 1st and you just described them.  The baby is fine, just enjoy wearing your regular pants for a little longer.
  • Options
    I literally woke up one morning around week 14 or 15 and my symptoms were gone.  My boobs stopped hurting, my morning nausea stopped, and I got most of my energy back.  Then, around week 17, my stomach kind of popped and I have a total bump now.  I am still getting headaches, but for the most part, I feel great.  The only way I know all is still well is when I go to my appointments every month.  It's a bit of time in between but it's a great reassurance when it happens!  I would say you are probably completely fine, but if you NEED to go to the ER, then go.  When is your next appt?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    Symptoms can come and go, and some of the belly could be bloat. Most of my first trimester belly was bloat, and my belly shrunk a little before it started expanding again. I would say if you are worried, just call your Dr. At least if it's nothing to worry about they could give you peace of mind. Entering 2nd tri my sore boobs went away too, but came back again at 16 weeks. I hope this helps you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My belly did the same thing about 2 weeks ago, no worries. And plus there's only one way baby can get out of there, and I'm sure you would have noticed if that was the case. lol You're belly won't magically deflate if something happens, you were probably just retaining water weight, or had a lot of salt for a few days.
  • Options
    Oh gosh how I wish I were you right now lol. Cant kick this nausea and vomitting buisness! I wouldnt be too concerned about changing sizes... you were prob bloated before.. or the baby changed positions, ive heard of this happeneing a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"