December 2015 Moms

WTAF?! Inappropriate things people say

Re: WTAF?! Inappropriate things people say

• I really hate how being pregnant puta you "under surveillance" and makes everyone feel like they are free to comment on your body. Unless you want to tell me that I look fabulous ~ I don't want to hear it.
  • My bf's mom told me yesterday
    "I hope you're doing everything you're supposed to be doing...I don't want any retarded grandkids"

....I don't even know wtf that's supposed to mean.

Should have asked her what her mom did wrong then

• Loading the player...
  • My bf's mom told me yesterday
    "I hope you're doing everything you're supposed to be doing...I don't want any retarded grandkids"

....I don't even know wtf that's supposed to mean.

Should have asked her what her mom did wrong then

She's rude and I dunno if she realizes it or not...or if she cares that she's rude
  • My DH was so cute. I told him I am getting fat now cos even my pants don't really fit anymore - his response: You need the extra weight on your hips and thighs to help carry my baby. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • THE most inappropriate conversation took place at work with my two female coworkers, male social worker, and male assistant principal where they were talking about the point in which they or their husbands reached a mental block about having sex while pregnant, along with my boss acknowledging that he knew it was impossible to "poke it" but he didn't like the idea of "thrusting that" at is daughter in utero. He then followed up by saying that "pregnancy was beautiful, pregnant woman could be beautiful , but not sexy".
    I'd stayed silent up until that point , but my hormonal ass shouted "you're such a dick right now!!!". That's right. Called my boss a dick.
    Thankfully we're all quite close ( he's an amazing boss and person I just couldn't believe that convo) , and he was more concerned with upsetting me than what I said to him. He backtracked, totally flustered and was like " you are a beautiful pregnant lady. Seriously you look great. I'm your boss. I'm saying this objectively. I sound like such a creep. You're carrying life!!!" And then turned bright red.
  • So one of my favorite things to say to people I know who say inappropriate things (are you SURE you aren't having twins?!) is..."Oh John. Ha-ha-ha (fake laugh) Don't make me give you the list of things you should never say to a pregnant woman!" I usually say it half joking even though I want to gouge their eyes out. They usually then get slightly embarassed but not too bad bc I say it jokingly and they realize they have said something that probably wasnt the best thing to say and A. They say nothing else about pregnancy to me ever again B. I have then saved all future pregnant women from obnoxious comments from this person. One small step for pregnant womankind! You're welcome ladies :D
  • I asked a co-worker if she would pick me up an iced tea on her way in. She was going to Chick-fil-a and getting stuff for other people.  Her response:
    "You're pregnant, tea has caffeine in it. You can't have tea."

I know what to have in moderation. Thanks!
  • alisonindaalisoninda member
    edited September 2015
    I just love it when people ask if my pregnancy was planned. Or say that they didn't know I was trying to get pregnant.
    I'm sorry I didn't send out a mass email when my husband and I stopped using birth control! At 37 years old, I'm a pro at NOT getting pregnant. So yeah, we planned this.

Also hate the random people asking about my birth plan and if I'll breastfeed (abd hearing their opinions on what I should do, of course).
    How does this affect anyone except me and baby? These are discussions for my husband and my doctor, no one else.

Only three more months of all that....

• I had an acquaintance who, when he asked how far along I am and I answered, gave me a surprised look and said "guess it's too late for an abortion now!" Then he laughed at his own little "joke" and got confused when I just walked away. Asshole.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My favorite is "Are you having twins?"
  • I had an acquaintance who, when he asked how far along I am and I answered, gave me a surprised look and said "guess it's too late for an abortion now!" Then he laughed at his own little "joke" and got confused when I just walked away. Asshole.

WTAF??!
    WSS^^!!

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I have a co-worker who has 1 child... she has taken in upon herself to tell me what I can/can not do. Drink a small (the little mini cans of pepsi) -- "you really shouldn't be drinking that much caffine". Um thanks but I already talked it over with my OB and its ok. 

Random conversation at work about jeans (going into fall around here) and I made a comment about not getting into my jeans joking said "all the baby weight is going to my thighs" -- same lady "thats not where its supposed to be"  Thank you...sorry I was a long distance runner before I got pregnant and yes I have put on some weight, but I am still within normal healthy weight limits. 

Thank you for your unsolicited $0.02 and abundant knowledge and expertise on pregnancy. Its been overly helpful (sarcasm)
  • I have a co-worker who has 1 child... she has taken in upon herself to tell me what I can/can not do. Drink a small (the little mini cans of pepsi) -- "you really shouldn't be drinking that much caffine". Um thanks but I already talked it over with my OB and its ok. 

Random conversation at work about jeans (going into fall around here) and I made a comment about not getting into my jeans joking said "all the baby weight is going to my thighs" -- same lady "thats not where its supposed to be"  Thank you...sorry I was a long distance runner before I got pregnant and yes I have put on some weight, but I am still within normal healthy weight limits. 

Thank you for your unsolicited $0.02 and abundant knowledge and expertise on pregnancy. Its been overly helpful (sarcasm)
    Dude, I don't get people like that. I've got this look on my face reading this with one eyebrow raised. "Um, nobody asked you?"

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I keep getting "wow you were much smaller with your first"

Thanks! Cause im 26 weeks and only gained 9 pounds but apparently way too much for people.

My brother yesterday "how many weeks between your delivery and my wife"
    Me " 2 weeks"
    My brother "WOW WHY DO YOU LOOK 50 weeks pregnant and she looks like she is 4"

Ummmmm thanks butthole!
  • redfallon said:

I have a co-worker who has 1 child... she has taken in upon herself to tell me what I can/can not do. Drink a small (the little mini cans of pepsi) -- "you really shouldn't be drinking that much caffine". Um thanks but I already talked it over with my OB and its ok. 

Dude, I don't get people like that. I've got this look on my face reading this with one eyebrow raised. "Um, nobody asked you?"

I use the resting bitch face. I must have had it on all week at work because no one asked me any stupid questions or made any inappropriate remarks. And I work with mostly males. So they deserve a bloody medal for not pissing me off all week.
  • I keep getting... You're looking healthy.. Well thanks
  • What about when your doctor says things that make you say "wtaf?" Ughhhhhh SO not happy with this new doctor.
  • Maybe I was just in a bad mood that day, but I think it's extremely rude for store associates to make comments on what size maternity clothes you should buy, without you asking for an opinion! Particularly nursing bras! I went into a motherhood maternity store and only asked about sales on nursing bras. The associate then went on to ask what size I "think" I wear, and I told her the size I KNOW I wear because I just got measured the week prior. And she said "oh, well I wouldn't have put you at a 38DD, I was thinking more like a 42D" so I said yeah my boobs have swollen a lot this pregnancy but you should keep your opinion to yourself. Then I left! How rude! After I specifically told her I was measured the week before. I wish they all would screw off and just leave us alone to shop! Never going back there again.
  • Another one, I was shopping with my friend who is here from out of town and has always been sort of insensitive to pregnancy and whatnot, so I was saying that the baby kept kicking me in the bladder while we're were walking around the store yesterday and she replied "dumb baby!" I was like umm..no..
  • eish22 said:

Another one, I was shopping with my friend who is here from out of town and has always been sort of insensitive to pregnancy and whatnot, so I was saying that the baby kept kicking me in the bladder while we're were walking around the store yesterday and she replied "dumb baby!" I was like umm..no..

wtf?! I would have gone mama bear on her! Is she jealous of pregnant women or what?

Earlier in my pregnancy my dad was making (really unfunny) jokes about pregnancy and babies. He was like "oh we don't need a cradle he can just sleep on the floor... And then we'll just kick him around like a ball"
    I went APE SH*T on him! Do Not talk about my baby like that. On what planet is that remotely funny?

• eish22 said:

Maybe I was just in a bad mood that day, but I think it's extremely rude for store associates to make comments on what size maternity clothes you should buy, without you asking for an opinion! Particularly nursing bras! I went into a motherhood maternity store and only asked about sales on nursing bras. The associate then went on to ask what size I "think" I wear, and I told her the size I KNOW I wear because I just got measured the week prior. And she said "oh, well I wouldn't have put you at a 38DD, I was thinking more like a 42D" so I said yeah my boobs have swollen a lot this pregnancy but you should keep your opinion to yourself. Then I left! How rude! After I specifically told her I was measured the week before. I wish they all would screw off and just leave us alone to shop! Never going back there again.

The sales associate at the store here measured me quite a bit larger than I am, too, and I said "okay, I'll try it on, but can I take __ too?" She said okay, but she wanted to check the fit. I let her. Oh bam! Look who was right! Me - the one who used to work at Victoria's Secret. None of the ones she gave me fit. At all. Haha. At least she had the decency to admit that I knew more than she did.

Maybe go back when someone else is working?

How I figured my size, was just up to the "sister size" of what I usually wear because I've gotten bigger, but not like... Noticeably. So, you go up a band size and down a cup size from your usual.

Example: I usually wear a 38DDD, so I tried a 40DD. It has the same volume in the cup, but the band is looser.....for me, that fixed the problem. :)
  • 1. I hate when ppl try to tell u how to be pregnant.. They question everything you do. Back off. Before i back hand you.
    2. My aunt said i dont look pregnant i just look fat ( always says stupid things that cause you to face palm yourself)
    3. My parents keep telling me to dress to suit my body. How the hell are u supposed to dress that supports a beach ball ?! I wish i had some kind of stick or glove that could extend and smack some ppl.
    Feeling very annoyed
  • Ugh! I know assos! I told my neighbor I was 6mos prego and she said really you? You No look like It, you look the same!
  • Wow, you're looking ready to pop!
    ...... Umm, actually I'm not even in the third trimester yet A-hole. On top of that, I know I don't look anywhere near ready to pop, I'm a very tiny person, with a very tiny bump. At all of my checkups my doctor says I am just barely at the point measurement wise where they don't need to be concerned about the level of fluids in me because I am just barely getting in the right measurements for it. (Not bragging about that). Anyway, someone who's bump is barely approved as large enough by her doctor at 26 weeks along does not look like she's ready to pop. You're just a d*ck. Lol, sorry this comment has been aggravating me. 
  • A lady that works in my OB's office snuck up behind me, put her chin on my shoulder and whispered, "Looking at you from behind, you can't even tell that you're pregnant!"
    Um...I may be but a humble peasant, but I know the baby doesn't grow out of one's butt.
    Also the MA taking my vitals stared at me and said "you don't look six months pregnant," with this really puzzled look on her face.
    Why do people feel the need to comment? Just shut up.
    Also, people touching my bump. STOP. I don't like being touched. I don't like it when you touch my belly. And I'm pretty sure baby isn't fond of it either.
  • I had a lady insisting I was having twins, when I convinced her it was just one. She tried to convince me something was wrong. My baby was to big, my due date was wrong, I looked like I had dropped already. I was at work and trying to be polite. She just couldn't accept everything was normal. Ugh!
  • I have had 2 strangers say I look big for six months. When the first one happened I wasn't even six months yet. So rude.
  • I can go into a store and have people tell me I don't look pregnant at all, then literally go somewhere else right after and someone tell me I look huge! I don't understand why making a size comment is necessary at all..
  • My sister found out about 6 weeks ago that she is pregnant too. We were hanging out a few days later and I said that I wanted to get a coffee because I hadn't slept the night before. She proceeded to lecture me about how I shouldn't be drinking coffee when I'm pregnant because caffeine isn't good for the baby. Umm you found out you were pregnant 3 days ago... I'm pretty sure I know what I can and can't have! I was so mad but then i just thought about all the unwanted advice she is going to get and I didnt feel so angry anymore haha. I've also gotten the "when are you due? ..... Oh wow you're so big!!" A few times. I'm actually completely normal sized for how far along I am. I've only gained 4 pounds! The weight I've lost from everywhere else just went to my uterus and boobs!!
  • This coworker; he is very unhealthy, overweight, smokes and substitutes meals for candy bars. Since I have announced I am pregnant I had two microwaved meals at work because of lack of time etc. and he felt the need to comment on it. "You should not be eating that" and "I should be taking this away from you". Mind you we had meetings all day, I had not eaten properly and this was the only food in the horizon. I had to hold myself not to jump on his throat until I realised he was not going to do it.
  • It was 90 in the kitchen today and everyone kept telling me to keep the baby hydrated... Welll duh and i was told i have a waddle not a walk now.... Thanks people
  • 1. I went on a hike with my husband in 100 degree weather. I took it slow and needed a lot of water and I'm also having trouble breathing so I was focusing on that a lot but all he says is "you are really out of shape" ! I'm trying not to F$$&ing overheat!! Omg

2. His mother keeps telling me that I can't know if it's twins or not, sometimes one is hiding. Because science hasn't gotten any better in the last 25 years..

3. People telling me I look tired. DUH

4. My husband said I'm not doing too well with this pregnancy because I'm always tired, complaining. UM i think I'm doing great thanks. It's called I'm just pregnant!!!!
  • My hubby called by nipples - "lily pads" WTF
    A co-worker asked me my due date last week (12/28), then proceeded to say someone she knew with a birthday around Christmas and "HE HATES IT!" sweet, encouraging, thanks.
  • I did the school run yesterday and saw a bunch of mums I hadn't seem for 2 months and about 6 of them all at different times told me I was massive and asked if it was twins, my partner also had a dream last night, well a nightmare as he called it saying that I doubled in size went into where he worked and everyone he worked with was laughing at me, I told him that soon it probably won't be a nightmare but will be a reality as I'm only 24 weeks but I promised him I wouldn't be going into his work
  • My mother in law told me, yeah I could tell your having a girl, the girls take their mothers beauty away. Lol
  • I've never replied on these boards before, but this topic got me going! To chime in on the Christmas baby comments, my due date is 12/25 and I can't tell you how often I get the "wow, that's going to SUCK for the baby when she gets older, huh!" Do people really not know how rude that comes off?

Any advice on some clever or sassy things I can start responding with? I can't smile and nod any longer!