May 2016 Moms

Here we goooooooo! Post your due date and details in here!

Re: Here we goooooooo! Post your due date and details in here!

• zakiebabyzakiebaby member
    edited September 2015

Hi Ladies! Excited to be apart of this group!
    How long did you try to get KU? We were blessed enough to get pregnant the first month of trying with this little one! We thought it would take longer because my cycles and body have been WEIRD since my last pregnancy, but we were pleasantly surprised!

Are you a first time mum? If not, how many little ones do you have? We have three children! DD1: 6 years old, DD2: 5 years old {they are 14 months apart}, and one DS: 2.5 years old. This baby is our grand finale!

How did you tell your SO? He waited for me to take the test one morning before going to work. No super fancy reveal :)

What is your estimated due date? As of right now, May 7th (which is my brother's bday)! My delivery will be a repeat c-section, so baby will probably end up being either a late April baby or early May baby.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How long did you try to get KU? First try! I was shocked since I had been on birth control for years and had only been off of it about a month. I was trying to chart but wasn't being very consistent, so I wasn't sure when I was ovulating.

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? First time mama :)

How did you tell your SO? I had taken a pregnancy test a few days before and got a negative. But then on my way home one day I was SO HUNGRY and ordered a pizza at like 4pm and ate it as fast as I could. After, in my food coma, I was like "Hmmm... Maybe I should take another test." And it was positive! I left the test on the toilet so my husband would see it when he got home. When he saw it he said, "Is this your test?" I didn't answer because it was a ridiculous question. Then he walked out, wide-eyed, and asked, "Are you pregnant?!"

What is your estimated due date? May 4th according to all my apps. I have my first doctor's appointment tomorrow!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello Everyone!! Happy Tuesday!

How long did you try to get KU? Unexpected surprise/gift this time.

Are you a first time mom? No, I have a 6 year old boy and a 7 month old boy... =D>

How did you tell your significant other? Well, here we go again...7 short months later. Good job. :P ;)

What is your estimated due date? May 1st. Woot woot!!
  • First pregnancy , 2nd month trying. My estimated due date is May 1st. Seeing my obgyn next week and I am sooo excited!
  • We've been trying since January when I finally got my cycle back 13 months after my daughter was born. I miscarried at 6 weeks in Feb. and had a chemical in July. I'm cautiously hopeful and pretty excited about this pregnancy. Hoping the odds are in my favor this time around!
    #1 Claire 12.17.13 & #2 EDD 5.11.16

• How long did you try to get KU? 3 months charting. Was anovulatory since going off HBC. Wasn't trying but wasn't preventing.

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? First time mom here!

How did you tell your SO? Took a test out of curiosity Bc I was always hungry. I panicked and told my husband to go look in the bathroom. He hugged me and said it will all be ok.

What is your estimated due date? All apps say May 4, 2016
  • edited September 2015
    Hey Ladies!

How long did you try to get KU? Since the beginning of 2015

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? I have one daughter, who will be 4 in November.

How did you tell your SO? I POAS, then cried and came out of the bathroom, and that was all he needed to see.

What is your estimated due date? Based on LMP, it's late April, but I ovulate late, so until my dating u/s, I'll be saying May 1st. I didn't track ovulation this month because it was the month after my first period after my m/c on Memorial Day. To say that I was surprised to be pregnant this early after m/c would be an understatement. I'm so grateful right now. Hoping for a sticky baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • becca050110becca050110 member
    edited September 2015
    This is baby #3 we did IVF again like we did with our twins and our Edd is 5/11.I told my hubby by showing him the test-I know lame
    Me-28 Stage II Endometrosis, DH-29 Severe MFI TTC#1 since July 2010 DH-Varicocele Surgery 3/2011 Me-Laproscopic Surgery 8/2012 Stage II Endometrosis, removed cysts IVF # 1 October 2012 BCP-9/12-10/2 Follitism 300-10/4-10/14 Ganirelex 10/8-10/15 ER 10/17 (20 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 13 fertilized) ET 10/22 Beta 1 11/2 375 Beta 2 11/5 951 Beta 3/ U/S 11/12 BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • onislandtimeonislandtime member
    edited September 2015
    How long did you try to get KU? We weren't trying, so this is a happy surprise! Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? We already have one little guy who will be 6 in March. How did you tell your SO? I had my friend bake a cake and write something on the top that is an inside joke that would clue him in. He didn't believe me at first, but then was excited. What is your estimated due date? Estimated due date is May 4. But my guess is I will have a repeat c/s possibly in April.
  • How long did you take to get KU?

We weren't trying, but weren't preventing either. We had some troubles TTC with out DS, so I wasn't even sure another pregnancy was in our future. This was a really wonderful, unexpected BFP!

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have?

I have a 14 month old DS, who keeps me busy!

How did you tell your significant other?

I took an expired test one evening and had to call him to pick up more (unexpired!) tests to be sure.

When is your estimated due date?

I wasn't tracking very well, but pretty sure it's May 1. My DS came a couple weeks early, so this could be an April baby if things play out similarly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic TTC since 4/12 BFP #1 11/15/12, MC/possible ectopic 11/20, natural MC BFP #2 1/15/13, ectopic discovered 2/15, surgery, R tube removed
  • Congrats to all! Got my BFP tonight!

How long did you try to get KU? This was the first time we tried since I miscarried in May.

Are you a first time mom? Not technically, as I have a little angel baby. But for all intensive purposes, yes.

How did you tell your SO? Just started crying and told him. He knew I was going to test.

What is your estimated due date? Still probably too early to know for sure but everything has said May 11 or 12. I started miscarrying May 11 of this year. So it's extra special to know that while I might have been sad during that time next year thinking about it, I will (hopefully) be holding my little blessing. Praying for everything to be smooth!
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Nicbert1214Nicbert1214 member
    edited September 2015
    We've been kinda just trying to see what happens (lol) for the past 6 months, well, it happened

I am a first timer- my BF is too.

We actually both walked into the bathroom at the same time to check the test- he did a few shots of Moonshine prior lol. I'll always remember the smile on his face and how his eyes welled up with tears
  • My husband and I literally got pregnant the month that we tried! So unexpected but absolutely amazing! I've always tracked my cycles using the billings method but for the first time I was using CB digital and it was successful!

This will be my second baby. I have a 16 month old named Maddox.

I told my husband that I had a surprise. It was the day I took the tests as well as the day AF was due. He thought it was the ovulation predictors (lol). I said no....those won't be any use right now. I told him to read it! He said you're pregnant, no way!! He was so surprised. What a blessing for us!

My estimated due day is May 10, 2016.

Good luck to you all!! ❤️

• I have a long cycle too! I didn't ovulate until Day 20... And so doctors will probably say I am a week earlier than I am! I am so certain it will be May, though, that I think I will mostly stay in here!
  • Hi May 2016 Mamas!!

How long did you try to get KU? One week. Still feels too good to be true :)

Are you a first time mom? Yup! 1st time! We've got two amazing Dog babies but I know they don't count...

How did you tell your SO? I had a hunch and took a test 4 days before I missed my period, when that second line came in it was faint so I called in DH to confirm that it was a BFP. We both laughed til we cried. I took 6 tests that day to be sure and they were all positive!

What is your estimated due date? My GYN said 4/30 and the internet says 5/1 so I'm hanging out in both the April & May boards. My first US is 9/9 and really looking forward to confirming how far along I am.

Congrats to everyone! It is so fun reading everyone's story. To a H&H 9 months for us all!!

:)

• Hi ladies!

I just got my BFP yesterday at 11 DPO. Back in April we got pregnant on our second month of trying but then I miscarried in May. Took two cycles off of trying per doctors orders and started trying again in July. This was our second month of trying since we started back up.

I took the test when I got home from work yesterday because I was just feeling SOOOO emotional and weird and tired the last couple days. I had been telling myself that I was gonna wait to test until AF was due on Saturday but I broke down and peed on a stick last night and started crying when I saw the BFP.

When my husband got home from work I snuggled up next to him on the couch and asked him how I smelled (its an inside joke we have because since we have been TTC he's made a habit of telling me I smell "pregnant" and of course he's been wrong several times but I always think it's funny that he thinks he could smell something different when I'm pregnant) and he predictably responded "pregnant" and then I whipped out the positive HPT from my back pocket and said "you're right!!!"

First time mom and I'm really hoping this is a sticky bean.

EDD is May 13th. Please stick rainbow baby!!

• How long did you try to get KU? we have been trying since January.

Are you a first time mom? No, we have a 17 month old little girl.

How did you tell your SO? We had been trying for quite a few months and just last month I started with a new doctor for my neck/ back and we decided we were going to see if this treatment worked before trying. (My doctor thinks all of this pain I've had could be from a reaction to the epidural) I realized I was late on my period and took a test just to "make sure" and it came up positive. Just then my husband walked in the bathroom. So I literally said "umm I think I might be pregnant"

What is your estimated due date? May 2nd
  • It looks like I forgot to introduce myself on this board!
    I'm Jenny, and we weren't trying at all to get ku- we were sure our family was complete.
    We have five kids - Zoe is 13 this week, Selene is 9.5, Garvin is 7, Gwen is 4.5,and Thomas is 2.5.
    I told dh with a onesie and a card... But he didn't quite believe me, so I had to show him both positive tests ( I didn't really believe it either, haha).
    I'm due 30 April, but each of my successful pregnancies has been longer than the last, so I'm banking on 2 May or later.
  • How long did you try to get KU?
    We had been trying for 2 cycles and concieved on the 2nd cycle!

Yes - I am a first time mom. My SO has an 8 year old daughter who is anxious to be a big sister.

How did you tell your SO?
    We had been counting down the days til we could take a pregnancy test. He was with me when the yes popped up :)

What is your estimated due date?
    May 6, 2016! Bring on the little Taurus baby!
  • Hello All! Excited to join this group

How long did you try to get KU? It's a surprise pregnancy  

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? YES first time and so nervous. 

How did you tell your SO? We took a HPT together since I was late - we cried and hugged a lot. 

What is your estimated due date? May 5th as of now. Looking forward to first doctors visit in a few weeks. 

@lalala2004 that's good to know that it's likely to be late with the first. 

• My due date is May 7th and I have a beautiful 2 1/2 year old little girl. We miscarried in April and have been trying ever since. Hope this one is healthy!

I took a test to make sure I wasn't pregnant before a big, boozy vacation we planned. My husband was with me and we both laughed when it was positive. I've been dying to have another baby, but of course it happens right before a trip like that! We told everyone that I was too sick to go so we didn't spill the beans too early.
    I'm a New Year's Mama! BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I went off birth control at the end of June and started tracking. I am pretty sure my first cycle off BC was anovulatory, so we didn't REALLY start trying until this most recent cycle, and I'm super shocked (and excited) that it actually happened! First time mommy! I was not at all romantic. I took an ealry pregnancy test at 10 DPO because we had my high school reunion that night and I figured I'd feel better about drinking if a got a negative pregnancy test. To my total surprise, I saw a faint pink line and I was in such disbelief I called my husband into the bathroom to confirm. He's color blind and sometimes can't even see stains in our carpet, but he saw the line too! Now that I have my missed period and doctor confirmation, I think it has finally sunk in for both of us. What is your estimated due date? May 5th (based on date of ovulation... Based on my last period it would actually be a week earlier, but I didn't ovulate until Day 20 of my cycle!) My hubby is a big Star Wars fan, so he's hoping for May 4th (May the 4th be with you!) I am excited to get to know everyone.
    I'm hoping for a Star Wars baby, too!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• KKMalinowskiKKMalinowski member
    edited September 2015
    How long did you try to get KU? We weren't "trying" but not preventing either. 

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? FIRST TIMER!! 

How did you tell your SO?- I wrapped the test up in a box with our go pro playing inside!!

What is your estimated due date? May-ish, waiting to see a doctor since I have irregular cycles. 

• How long did you try to get KU? It's taken us a full year but that includes a loss in May at 8 weeks. I charted and temped. To be honest, I'm pretty nervous about this one. Praying I have my rainbow baby.

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? I have 2 children; 12 year old DD and a 7 year old DS.

How did you tell your SO? I gave him the Daddy book I purchased the first time we were pregnant and then I gave him the BFP test.

What is your estimated due date? May 15
  • babymaldobabymaldo member
    edited September 2015
    Congrats to everyone!
  • Hi all

How long did you try to get KU? First try after a miscarriage in June (that one happened first try too)

Are you a first time mom? Yes, a very excited one

How did you tell your SO? Tested thinking it was a late period (periods a bit off after miscarriage) but just wanted to be sure. We were expecting guests for dinner 20 minutes later...went to the bathroom and yelled through the door. He didn't believe me. Total shock for both of us.

What is your estimated due date? May 7th
  • How long did you try to get KU?  We weren't exactly trying, but we weren't exactly stopping it from happening.  I had a CP in April and July, so I really thought the same thing would happen this time. 

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? I've definitely been around the block. 

How did you tell your SO? He was out of town, so I just took a picture of the digital and sent it to him.  

What is your estimated due date? I wasn't sure of my due date because I had 2 different days I could have Od. FF wasn't even sure which day it was.  I took at test on august 15th and it was very negative.  The next day my temp dropped, so I figured I was out, but my temp rose on the 17th.  I took a digital on a whim and it was positive (at 7dpo, which is crazy for me). I had a dating scan today which confirmed my later O date, cd 22, which puts me due May 2.  
    We started trying in June, and unfortunately had a miscarriage late July. Miraculously we were able to start trying again just 3 weeks later, and here we are!!!!

A onsie with dressing instructions

May 17
    My husbands birthday is May 14, and mine is may 16th... We will have a very busy birthday month
  • Hello all!

DH and I were not trying to get KU, compete surprise baby!

We have two children already-8 and 5.

I told DH I had something to show him and he said it better not be a pregnancy test!

EDD is May 7th

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • How long did you try to get KU? This was a surprise. We had to do many fertility treatments to have our boys, so we didn't think we could get pregnant "naturally"!

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? I have 2 sons- a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old. (I'm still active on the BMB from my 4 year old! though we are on fb now)

How did you tell your SO? I called him and told him on the phone while he was at work. I was in shock. He just started laughing.

What is your estimated due date? I think it's 5/1, but my first OB appt is next Wed. I went early with my first though (and my second was an early sched c/s due to complications).

I'm very very nervous about this sticking, but I really want this baby so I hope I'll be around for the long haul!!!!!

TTC since 10/07
    11 medicated cycles
    including...
    4 IUIs*5 IVFs*1 FET
    2 chemical pregnancies*missed m/c @8w 9/09*missed (twin) m/c @8w 5/10
    Laparoscopic myomectomy 8/10

Chromosomal translocation of #2 now requires ICSI and PGD

IVF #4= success!!! G-man born 8/18/11

IVF #5 2/2013 = N born 10/10/13 at 35w3d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My due date is May 5! This is our first and we were not trying but we were also not preventing. So we are so excited and ready for our new adventure. We are both people that allow things to happen on there own time. So we know this is the time for us ! Excited for this new journey and to learn from all you ladies!
  • Hey y'all!

How long did it take? Took my NuvaRing out In December and been passively trying ever since.(Passively= no temping (I'm an RN, so sleep schedule constantly changes, no clue when I ovulate, etc.)

First time mom? Yes!

How did you tell you SO? I've taken every other test while he's been home, but randomly decided to do one when he was at work. Who knew it would be the one that was positive...? 
    Side note--my cycles have been anywhere from 38-46 days long, so I'd actually made an appointment 3 weeks ago to see my GYN about it. 
    Hubby knew I'd made the appointment, so when he came home I asked if he minded going to it with me. He said, "Sure of course". And I said, "Well I really want you to be there because it's been changed to a prenatal--We're pregnant!"

What's your estimated due date? I'm guessing anywhere between late April-early May. Once again, long cycles make it hard to know when I really ovulated. My first appointment is Sept. 8 so I'm excited to find out exactly how far along I am!! :)

Here's hoping a happy and healthy 9 months to all you ladies :)
  • Hi all! I'm due May 11th per my LMP. We have an 18 year old that moved off to college last week, and a 4.5 year old that is in preschool this year. I found out this afternoon that we will be adding another to the family. Craziness! 

image image
  • Hello everyone!! First time mom and SO excited to be here!

My EDD is May 3rd. We had been trying for two months. Took a test Sunday morning, about 5 days after my missed period, and got a BFP! It took me a couple of days to get through my thick head that the tests aren't lying. And the symptoms aren't either!
  • Well we weren't trying... At all lol

I am a first time mom!

When I found out I panicked and yelled for him and he came running in and saw the test.

I am due May 6th, 2016. I am high risk so hoping everything goes well :)
    Just got into our 6th month just before we found out.

First time mom over here. Very nervous and very excited.

DH was outside cleaning some stuff up. I wasn't even planning on taking a test, but I did and came back in from taking the dog out and bam positive test. I wanted to surprise him with a book I got him but I couldn't hold it in so I ran outside and told him. He was very confused at first. lol.

Based on my O date from FF, May 14th.

• How long did you try to get KU? 1st try. People told me it is easy to get pregnant the second time. It is true. For me at least.

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? No. DD is 16 months on the 11th. It took a whole year before I saw a BFP with her.

How did you tell your SO? I came into the family room after taking a test without his knowledge. He was sitting with our DD and I asked her if she wanted her own birthday party or if she minded sharing with a sibling and proceeded to show him the BFP.

What is your estimated due date? 5/12/2016 and my DD was born on 5/11/2014

I don't remember having nausea this early on last time...
    Report Quote · Love it Reply
    We have been trying since April and we found out Monday night that we are expecting!

Are you a first time mom?
    Yes I am! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.

I actually took the test without telling him incase it was negative I didn't want him to be disappointed. I went wash dishes and went back to the test later and it was positive and I couldn't hold in the excitement so I screamed "Omg Alex!!!" He thought I wanted him to kill a roach. But I ran to him and told him we were pregnant and jumped into his arms. It was perfect.

If I calculated it right it is May 8, 2016. We go for our first visit September 28 so we will know for sure then!