May 2016 Moms
Options

Here we goooooooo! Post your due date and details in here!

Re: Here we goooooooo! Post your due date and details in here!

• Options
    How long did you try to get KU? We weren't trying, so I was very nervous at first (because I'll have 2 under 2) but now I'm crazy exited!

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? I have a son who will be turning one on Oct 4th.

How did you tell your SO? I just KNEW I was pregnant because of the implantation cramping so we had been talking about it. I just said I had something for him. I pulled out the test. He was shocked/excited.

What is your EDD? May 29th
  • Options
    1.) 7 months
    2.) first time mom
    3.) he actually asked me what my doctor said.
    4.) May 9
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hey y'all!

We'd been trying for about 8 months.

I'm a first time mommy and so excited! We do have 2 cats that are like our babies, but they're going to have to make room for the new human!

I POAS early one morning and made my DH look at it first. I didn't want to see another BFN and be disappointed. When he saw it he laughed and said, "I told you you were pregnant!" I thought he was reading it wrong so I looked at it and sure enough, it was a BFP. :)

EDD is May 19, which is my Granddaddy's birthday (RIP).
  • Options
    trisltrisl member
    edited September 2015
    Hey :) I'm new here and haven't been on thebump in ages. I have an amazing relationship with so many girls from my sons FB mommy group that was formed from thebump and I'm hoping to make some new great relationships with you ladies as well!

How long did you try to get KU? We have been trying for Baby #2 since January. This was our first month using PreSeed and it worked! Yay!

Are you a first time mom? I have a 2 year old son, Tate Zachary (July 5, 2013).

How did you tell your SO? Nothing special, just showed him the test ;)

What is your estimated due date? May 28, 2016
    Baby #2 • 28.06.16
    DS • Tate Zachary • 05.07.13
    Married to my Best Friend 04.28.11

• Options
    How long did we try: a month
    First time?: nope I have a 2.5 yr old girl
    How did I tell him: we were going to a Cowboys game- I told him I got him a new shirt but it was actually a football baby onesie . He just stared at it confused . Lol . Then I screamed it and he got so excited
    EDD: May 12, 2016
  • Options
    PregghersPregghers member
    edited September 2015
    How long did you try to get KU? We were supposed to start trying in September, but (whoops!) got pregnant in August! I wasn't expecting TTC to go well. I was previously (many years ago) an egg donor and I've had cycling and ovulation problems ever since. We actually expected to really struggle to conceive, so we are totally welcoming the whoops baby!

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? First time.

How did you tell your SO? Long before my BFP I told him "I feel with child." He laughed. My expected period day arrived and no period, so I took a pregnancy test- negative. I waited a few days, still no period, second preg test negative. I waited a week- still no period, third pregnancy test was still negative. Figuring this was just going to be one of my previously mentioned cycling problems that I've had for years, I assumed I wasn't pregnant. Another week went by and I decided to try a different brand of pregnancy test. I took it before getting ready for work. I looked over and saw it was positive. I ran back upstairs, crawled into bed with SO and said "I'm not going to work today- I'm pregnant!"

What is your estimated due date? May 10th I think. I have my first appointment and u/s on Friday and will have the due date confirmed then.  
  • Options
    1. Happened 1st cycle this time around
    2. I have a march 2014 baby named shay
    3. I tied the pregnancy test to a beer bottle and stuck it in the fridge. He found it when he got home from work.
    4. May 31st! The last freaking day of the month!
  • Options
    How long did you try to get KU? We 'pulled the goalie' for 3 months without trying to estimate ovulation, and conceived the first time that we did try.

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? Yep, first one!

How did you tell your SO? He knew as soon as he walked through the door. I don't have the best poker face.

What is your estimated due date? May 2nd, but I go in on Monday for a dating ultrasound.
  • Options
    How long did you try to get KU? 2 months

Are you a first time mom? This is my first time being pregnant, but I have been helping raise my stepson since he was 2. He's now seven and lives with us.

How did you tell your SO? I was a few days late, so I took a home pregnancy test before work. I could barely make out the faintest blue line, so I thought I probably wasn't pregnant. I went to work and couldn't concentrate on anything I was so curious if I was pregnant. I left work at lunch and went to target. This time I bought a digital test and took it in the target bathroom. I was so shocked it said pregnant. I knew I wanted to tell my husband in a special way. I called a bakery and had them decorate a cake to say. "I can't wait to meet our little..." and then I gave them a list of baby names to put all over the rest of the cake. I put the cake in the oven (ya know, bun in the oven) and made up a reason for my husband to open the oven when he got home. He stared at the cake dumbfounded for a minute before asking, is this an announcement? Then, I showed him the positive pregnancy test.

What is your estimated due date? May 22. My first appointment is October 9.
  • Options
    Hi!

How long did you try to get KU?
    5 months actively trying, got a bfp and had natural mc at 5 weeks, 3 months NTNP ... Now here I am

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have?
    First time!

How did you tell your SO?
    I let him know that my period was late and so that kinda settled it, I was always super regular

What is your estimated due date?
    May 20th :)
    28, DH - 30 
    Married 10/04/14 
    TTC since 1/1/15
    BFP 5/28/15
    MC 6/9/15
    BFP#2 9/21/15 - EDD 5/20/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    We got pregnant on our second month trying (temping and charting).

This will be our first!

I tested super early in the morning when I would normally wake up to temp, but I didn't have to get up early that day so I went back to bed after and DH was still sleeping. I thought I would go back to sleep and tell him when we both woke up for the day...yeah right lol. I could obviously not fall back asleep, so I woke him up and told him. 

I haven't had a doctor's appointment yet and don't get one until 8 weeks, but according to my LMP and when I ovulated I think my EDD will be May 23rd!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Hi Everyone!

We weren't supposed to try for a couple more months, so this was a surprise!

I have a 15 month old son and a 15 year old daughter.

My SO actually told me that I was pregnant. I didn't believe him, but he was right!

Due date of May 23rd!
  • Options
    mikeandneamikeandnea member
    edited September 2015
    Pregnant the first month

First time mom. My husband is 31 & I am 30. We have a toy poodle

I took (my first) pregnancy test about 5am on a Saturday. DH was still sleeping. I remember thinking "oh my goodness!!" when the digital read pregnant. I snuck back into bed under the covers & tried to think of a creative way to tell him. I was so excited & could not wait. I woke him up & said "Love, you are going to be someone's Dad"!! His eyes opened quickly, biggest smile ever & a few tears.

May 20th
  • Options
    Just found out yesterday were pregnant with baby number 3! I'm a little nervous because I was in my 20's when I had both of our girls who are now almost 9 and 7. I'm turning 34 in like 2 weeks! Anyone else in this group my age? My EDD is May 22nd
  • Options

How long did you try to get KU? We were not trying!

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? Yes I'm a first time mom :)

How did you tell your SO? He was with me when we took the test and it came out positive!!

What is your estimated due date? May 20th 2016
  • Options
    We have been trying since March 2015. We got pregnant right away but then lost the baby in May.
    I have a 13 month old son
    I just said, "I guess I'm driving to the Big E this year. That way no one will question why I am not drinking."
    5/30/15
  • Options
    1. 2ish months.. We actually started in July, but my husband was out of town during the time I was ovulating.

2. First time mom, first pregnancy

3. I had just told him last week that I didn't think I was pregnant since my Pre-period symptoms were exactly on time (yes, I'm aware that these can be the same as pregnancy symptoms, but it was the timing of them that made me not think I was pregnant), so he didn't mention anything about it over the next few days. I waited 2 days after my initial positive test to tell him. I bought a ninja turtles (his fave) onesie, wrapped it up, and put a card in the box that said, "Your sperm won first place! You can collect your prize in 9 months. Seriously, we're going to be PARENTS!"

4. According to the Internet, my due date is 5/24/16.
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    Hello! I'm Sarah, I'm a STM--my DS will turn 3 in November. We have been trying since last November--had a chemical pregnancy in Devember and a missed miscarriage at 8w4d in April. This BFP was a surprise as we had been half-heartedly trying as I was a bit burned out and supposed to have a colposcopy next week and thought it would be better to not be KU for the procedure-oops! Based on my LMP I'm due 5/18 but I had an ultrasound 2 days ago due to my pregnancy history (total of 3 lifetime MC) and based on that the due date is 5/14. I was not on the bump with my first pregnancy but happy to be here!
  • Options
    As people trickle in, let's get to know each other!

How long did you try to get KU? A year and change.

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? Nope -- I have one son already; he'll be four by the time this one comes out!

How did you tell your SO? "Honey? I think there mayyy just be the faaaintest possible hint of a line here. What do you think?" ... next day, "Do you think this one's darker? It looks maybe a little darker to me." ... next day, "Yeah, okay, that's definitely a line." ... next day, "I'm pretty sure I could see this line from across the room. Can you hold this while I go over there?"

What is your estimated due date? May 31st!
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    •We definitely weren't trying, but are still very blessed.

•I have a 1 year old son with a previous relationship, and he was feeding my son and I had taken a pregnancy test because I missed my period for that day, and I showed him still kinda in shock and he was completely shocked and so happy.

•May 14 :)
  • Options
    Hi y'all! I had my first appointment today! Due May 11th! My fiance and I currently have a little girl together and I also have a wonderful stepdaughter. They are 4 and 3 years old. So we are hoping for a boy this time around! We definitely weren't trying but we are so overjoyed!!
  • Options
    Well we recently got married and blended our family of my 6 year old daughter and his 8 year old daughter & 11 year old son. We were not trying. I know it sounds silly but we were done... with that said, we ARE happy...

He's a police officer, so he asked m to bring him lunch on shift on a Saturday because he had reports to follow up on. Because he'd already mentioned that he thought I was, I went and bought two tests. Saw my BFP... went back to CVS and bought a card and a gift bag. He's always said that he didn't want to find out in a text... so I obliged. I ran home, wrote out a card saying that in the box was something we never expected, but I hoped he liked the surprise. I went to the PD but they told me he was at the FD working with them on an arson report. I walked in with lunch... of course and the bag. I tried to do it away from the guys, but that's impossible at times because they are family. He read the card and opened the box and started crying. My big, 6'2 narcotics officer, broke down. Then I started crying. Then he ruined it, well not really... by trying to be a man and saying that he KNEW that's why I was being so witchy.
    My EDD is May 14th.
  • Options
    Hi everyone! 

•We were not trying, oops!! :-) Still very happy regardless!

•We kind of figured it out together because I was nauseas for a few days, then we looked at the calendar, did some math, etc etc...and ultimately bought 4 tests!

•May 17
    photo 3b43f478-6280-4d47-9376-66fc916418a0_zpslewcrjtbjpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

How long did you try to get KU? We weren't trying but we weren't not either so...no answer to that!

Are you a first time mom? Yes I am!

How did you tell your SO? I woke him up at 5 am to help me read the test because it was super light.

What is your estimated due date? May 28, 2016 as of now, have an ultrasound on Oct 14 for a more accurate due date!
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    How long did you try to get KU? We actually weren't trying and were trying to avoid it due to me needing surgery for a fibroid. So far this is our miracle baby!

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? Yes, first time!

How did you tell your SO? It was on a Sunday. We had gone out for lunch and I was two days late so figured I'd stop at the store to buy a test (I was on medication that shouldn't be taken if you are pregnant - so I thought better safe than sorry). When we got home, I went upstairs to take the test expecting it to say negative. WAS SO SHOCKED when I saw positive and ran downstairs to show hubby. He just gave me the biggest hug ever ... then we stared at each other in shock. LOL

What is your estimated due date? May 23rd. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Hi everyone. I am going to join in. :)

How long did you try to get KU? Almost 22 months.

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? First time mom.

How did you tell your SO? I bought two onsies. One said, "My daddy's tattoos are cooler than yours" and the other says, "Help! I'm crawling and I can't get up." I taped the pregnancy test to one of them and put them in a gift bag. I got him on video opening it. :)

What is your estimated due date? May 23, 2015, but we will know for sure tomorrow after my first u/s

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    Hello new moms! I'm so excited to go on this journey with all of you
  • Options
    Hello!!! First time chiming in!!

How long were you trying?
    Ok well I definitely wasn't trying lol, apparently antibiotic eyes drops still get you!! Definitely a shock but now super super excited!!!

I will be a first time mom!!! Yay!

My boyfriend was with me when I took the test and since it was all kind of sudden I didn't get a chance to do a fun reveal! Maybe with the next one :)

And my EDD (by my calculations) is May 18th!!! Ultrasound in two weeks to really confirm it! Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    I'm a little late to the party...

But this is my first little one. We were told that we should we should expect him/her to arrive sometime around the 12th of May
  • Options
    This is all so exhilarating.
    I'm a first timer!! Still feel like a child because I am so petite. Before I know it- I'll be a globe.

We started trying about six months ago.

My someone was out on a business trip when I learned the news. I fell to the floor half laughing and half crying. Then I took a picture of the test and sent it to him. As soon as he saw it, he called me and congratulated me and told me to rest. He came home with two dozen roses.
    Our young family is sprouting.

I was just at the doctors yesterday- my EDD is May 14th.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@jeaves I envy people who just get pregnant "on accident" or "without trying", it took DH and I forever and we needed assistance! Enjoy your pregnancy and your little baby when it comes! :) Congratulations! :)

@YTorro Welcome! Congrats.

@Dasha420 How petite are you? I ask because I am 5'2". So I'm a little on the small side too. Congratulations! :)

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    How long did you try to get KU? One cycle.

Are you a first time mom? Yep!

How did you tell your SO? Told him to come to the bathroom and showed him the BFP

What is your estimated due date? May 20th, 2016
    Me: 30   DH: 29
    Together: 3/2007
    Married: 5/30/2015
    BFP #1: 9/14/2015
    EDD: 5/20/2016
  • Options
    I am currently 6 weeks! My due date is May 28th! I am very excited. First sono on Oct 27th!
  • Options
    miraclepfGodmiraclepfGod member
    edited October 2015
    We are due May 2 2016 after over 13 years infertile and no doctors helps this time (or for years) this past January we actually were blessed through adoption with our son! We were so surprised when my OBGYN at my regular check up told me I was pregnant! (This also after just have surgery in May removing half my reproductive organs!!!! Truly a miracle!) We are thrilled and so blessed to be able to walk this amazing journey! Today is my week 10!
  • Options
    growinggrantsgrowinggrants member
    edited October 2015
    To all the Parents who weren't trying. My names Brianna, and I'm so excited to be apart of this board. I'm a first time mommy to be at only 18 with my very siked husband Rodney. My due date is May 25th and time can't move fast enough for me to see my lil one!!! I found out I was pregnant a week before I was supposed to join the military which was my life long dream that I had to work so hard to get. But now that all has to change and I wouldn't change this for the world. Hope to hear all of your stories and get to know a lil about everyone
  • Options
    I was not trying to get KU just yet. We just got married August 29. I had talked to my doctor about it last year and she said just don't get off BC until you're sure you're ready. With some it takes months and with others it happens right away. I was one of those right away ppl. Lol. I am a first time mommy but I have a step daughter who's 6. I just gave my DH the stick. I tried letting him finding it in the bathroom but we had just returned from our honeymoon so he was all over the place clearly not paying attention. Smh. We are due May9th :D
  • Options
    avillarreal91avillarreal91 member
    edited October 2015
    How long did you try to get KU? Two cycles
    But we weren't trying either, lol.

Are you a first time mom? Nope, this is #2

How did you tell your SO? I gave him the stick...I wasn't very happy at first :-/

What is your estimated due date? May 3rd, 2016
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

How long did you try to get KU? 1st month trying after miscarriage

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? I have a step son who is 7 and an angel baby.

How did you tell your SO? I let him find the positive PT on the bathroom counter!

What is your estimated due date? May 14
  • Options
    How long did you try to get KU? I didn't! This one's a miracle baby!

Are you a first time mom? If not, how many little ones do you have? This is my first, but I have a six-year-old step-daughter, too. 

How did you tell your SO? I wanted to tell him when he got home that day, but I knew I would drive myself crazy with the wait. So I called him on his way to work, when there was still time for him to come home, and told him over the phone.

What is your estimated due date? May 29th
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi everyone! This is my first time posting anything to these boards..but I've found so much comfort in these discussion boards and everyone's kindness in the past few weeks so I thought I would also give it a try!

-How long did you try to get KU?
    Well we definitely weren't trying so this little peanut was a surprise. A happy one at that :)

-How did you tell your SO?
    Since we weren't trying and my SO was still unsure about having kids I was beyond nervous to tell him the news. I blurted it out while we were watching tv and started balling! He looked at me like I was some sort of alien lol and gave me a big hug and told me everything was going to be okay. He's been incredible with everything so far.

-Estimated due date?
    I've already have 2 previous MCs so we had our first us pretty early on. "Official" due date is May 12th! Fingers crossed and hoping that this baby is healthy and sticks