Baby Names
Options

Baby girl name poll

we're expecting a baby girl Nov. 4 and are torn between two names. Neither one of us can decide and we would like the name to be a surprise to our family and friends. Maybe a poll of public opinion will help us :) thanks in advance for your help!!
We are between...
Jocelyn Ella and Emmerson Grace (likely call her Emmie or Emma)

Re: Baby girl name poll

• Options
    Jocelyn, definitely. It's pretty and not very common these days.

Emerson is too masculine for my tastes, and "Em-" names (Emma, Emmaline, Emery, etc) are a dime a dozen lately!
  • Options
    Jocelyn
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Emerson is not a girls name. I don't understand this Emery/Emerson/Everly trend. I apologize for being crass, but I just hate it and I feel sorry for girls that have to go through life introducing themselves as what is essentially a surname. I also don't like it for a boy, but it's slightly more tolerable.

As for Jocelyn. . . I love it. What a gorgeous name. It's so timeless and yet you hardly hear it anymore. 100 times better than Emerson.
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Jocelyn.
  • Options
    ecwkecwk member
    Jocelyn definitely. I really don't like the name Emmerson. Sounds like it's not even a real name to me.?

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Jocelyn or Emma. I don't care for Emerson for a girl, especially if you would call her Emma. Emily would sound nice as well.
  • Options
    Jocelyn. It was my best friends name growing up!
  • Options
    Seriously Emmy at this point and Emerson on a girl is to the eye roll worthy point. Jocelyn is also technically masculine but in the U.S. Mostly female so I vote that

• Options
    Definitely Jocelyn. Emmie/Emma is overdone, and Emerson is definitely masculine. 

Diagnoses: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, POTS, PCOS
  • Options
    Jocelyn
  • Options
    I'm the jerk who thinks they are both terrible for girls because both are masculine.

But of the two, Jocelyn because it at least doesn't mean "son of -" like EmerSON.
  • Options
    Jocelyn
  • Options
    ditto everyone else
  • Options
    BBeninateBBeninate member
    edited August 2015
    I like Emerson Grace!
    I know both a guy and a girl named Emerson, but I actually knew the girl first and I think it is actually a really pretty name for a girl.
  • Options
    Jocelyn is a much better choice
  • Options
    Jocelyn for sure. Like a PP said, I don't like -son names for girls. Those are linguistically male names.
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• Options
    Jocelyn! I've heard the nn Joss, which I really like too!
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • Options
    Jocelyn Ella!!!
  • Options
    Jocelyn or Emma. Not emmerson
  • Options
    I think Emerson (but would probably change the spelling to Emersen or Emersyn) or Emmelyn are both great names for a girl and not heard of a lot where I am from. Love the nickname Emmi, we are actually considering it for our baby girl! Goodluck!
  • Options
    LyndsRoos said:
    I think Emerson (but would probably change the spelling to Emersen or Emersyn) or Emmelyn are both great names for a girl and not heard of a lot where I am from. Love the nickname Emmi, we are actually considering it for our baby girl! Goodluck!
    Emerson shot up the charts fast. It's the new Ashely.

Masculine and trendy.
  • Options
    Changing the spelling does not make Emerson feminine.
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Jocelyn.  Not a fan of Emmerson.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP