March 2016 Moms

*** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

Re: *** The Official Random Thread of All Random Threads for March 2016 ***

• Flea Market Flip is on Netflix?!?! There goes all my free time. I love that show.
    I also enjoy Fixer Upper and FaceOff. That's about it for reality TV. I have no guilt over my other TV addictions (Scandal, How to get Away with Murder, The Walking Dead, and Castle... Hurry up new episodes!)
  • Wild Tuna, Suits, right now its Dare Devil, just got done with Raising Hope and New Girl
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Loading the player...

• Ugh I was really into Teen Mom, but then after the miscarriage I couldn't stomach it.  We are huge into Hell's Kitchen, Gordon Ramsey is hilarious

Lol - I love that they censor his mouth and yet the words are on captioned on the bottom. I can't stand Hell's Kitchen, but I love Master Chef! Tonight is the one night of the week that I watch network TV (usually it's all Netflix, all the time). We watch Master Chef then Home Free - my new fave. 

My Netflix guilty pleasures are Friends, Rehab Addict, Property Brothers, and Flea Market Flip. 

I was gone all day today and just caught up on the drama. Blech. I don't enjoy it. 

I lay on my couch with crackers and oj and binge watched Rehab Addict all day today. LOVE her, and she's pregnant now! She's my hero.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Flea Market Flip is on Netflix?!?! There goes all my free time. I love that show. I also enjoy Fixer Upper and FaceOff. That's about it for reality TV. I have no guilt over my other TV addictions (Scandal, How to get Away with Murder, The Walking Dead, and Castle... Hurry up new episodes!)

Ok, I just have to know - is your SN your name? My name is Sadie and I never hear it on adults my age. Is yours referring to your dog? That's much more common. Haha.
    Married 7.29.05 :: DD1 5.11.10 :: DD2 1.23.13 :: Baby Boy due 3.13.16!

March 2016 January Siggy: Pregnant Lady Problems

• Flea Market Flip is on Netflix?!?! There goes all my free time. I love that show.
    I also enjoy Fixer Upper and FaceOff. That's about it for reality TV. I have no guilt over my other TV addictions (Scandal, How to get Away with Murder, The Walking Dead, and Castle... Hurry up new episodes!)

Ok, I just have to know - is your SN your name? My name is Sadie and I never hear it on adults my age. Is yours referring to your dog? That's much more common. Haha.

Haha! I use to get that all the time! "I had a dog named Sadie." My name is Sara but everyone calls me Sadie. I've only met one other adult Sadie in passing. It's becoming a very popular name for the 7 and under set.
    It's nice to meet you!

• Ok, I just have to know - is your SN your name? My name is Sadie and I never hear it on adults my age. Is yours referring to your dog? That's much more common. Haha.
    Haha! I use to get that all the time! "I had a dog named Sadie." My name is Sara but everyone calls me Sadie. I've only met one other adult Sadie in passing. It's becoming a very popular name for the 7 and under set. It's nice to meet you!
    Haha nice to "meet" you too. I was shocked to see Sadie above 100 on the SSA chart last year. And someone on the baby names board actually called it trendy! I never thought the day would come! 

• Since this is the random thread...I'm trying to line up my fall/winter wardrobe and I'm curious how many people have actually wore "regular" leggings instead of maternity leggings comfortably at 20 weeks through delivery?? Main reason for asking is I CAN NOT find any cute patterned maternity leggings and I plan in living in them all fall/winter long
  • ecwkecwk member
    @mrspepper05 ok I did not know property brothers and flea market flip were on Netflix!! Now when am I meant to do school work?!?

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I bought easy mac today, it's 1130pm and definitely best decision ever! So excited for second dinner tonight!
  • I felt like I could sleep forever this morning
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • @bntfroggie I second that feeling!
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Lol I don't even know what it's like to just sleep until you wake up anymore. Ds is a morning kid so we are up by 630 everyday. Thankfully when I'm not working he is happy to snuggle and watch cartoons, but starting next week I will be up at 6 am for work.
  • Lol I don't even know what it's like to just sleep until you wake up anymore. Ds is a morning kid so we are up by 630 everyday. Thankfully when I'm not working he is happy to snuggle and watch cartoons, but starting next week I will be up at 6 am for work.

Lol I can honestly say I don't remember the last time I was able to just sleep without an alarm clock (or child lol). Even on a weekend our whole house is up no later than 7am (and that's on a good day!). I always roll my eyes when a family member will call between 9-10am and say "I didn't wake y'all did I?" I can't ever think of a nice reply haha! :)
  • Peachie89 said:

Since this is the random thread...I'm trying to line up my fall/winter wardrobe and I'm curious how many people have actually wore "regular" leggings instead of maternity leggings comfortably at 20 weeks through delivery?? Main reason for asking is I CAN NOT find any cute patterned maternity leggings and I plan in living in them all fall/winter long

Depends on the fit... right now I wear size UK 16 leggings from a store that go over my belly easily... They go up to size 22 so I will probably keep at those since the Motherhood Maternity ones are ridiculously big
  • Filling out Federal Contracts makes me want to quite my job.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Ugh DS2 had an awful night so I had visions of newborn life again.  Whoever decided only 1-2 cups of coffee during pregnancy was pretty much a sadist. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Wahoooo congrats auntie!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• So at my u/s yesterday I was measuring 9w+6 instead of 9w+2. I know it's virtually no difference at all, but when I was waiting in the u/s room to get moved to a room to talk to my dr., I saw on the u/s screen that they updated the EDD.

They never really mentioned anything to me about this though? The tech just briefly mentioned that the baby was measuring larger than last time and she mentioned it looked 9w 6 days.

Should I continue with my original time frame or move up a little? I know it's NBD in the long run but I'll take a four day jump haha. 

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• @blueeyedrose86 Congratulations auntie!!

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• I know mine have never changed for under a week.  If you up it now and you end up being 4 days over, it majorly messes with your brain.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• @blueeyedrose86, congratulations :-)
  • Mine changed at my 20w scan because i was measuring 10 days behind (this i already knew since my cycles were almost 40 days vs. the standard 28). The Dr said they only change the EDD when its more than 10 days.

Pregnancy Ticker

• We had our first true experience with night terrors last night with our 2 year old daughter. It was alarming and frustrating that there is nothing you can do but hold them and tell them it is okay and they have to work through it . I was almost in tears and my husband did amazing . Just sucks man ...

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

• skruhmin said:

Sooooooo anyone else feel like since FB is the "thing" TB is going to become a major ghost town by the time it is appropriate to start a FB group?  Like it's going to be a group of 5 people. 

Depends on where the cool kids are.... If the bump had a functional mobile interface that didn't log you out every 10 seconds I may feel bad for them... but alas
  • Yeah I'm in it until the end as well.
  • Okay two things.

First, I'm starting to get really nervous. Because of my stupid insurance, I haven't been able to see a doctor yet. I'm 10 weeks along now. I'll be at least 11 almost 12 weeks by the time I have my first appointment. It's so scary! I don't know what to expect since this is my first. Anyone else in the same boat?

Second. I have a ridiculous craving for cheesecake. I need to make some. Anyone have a fool proof easy cheesecake recipe?
  • Okay two things.

First, I'm starting to get really nervous. Because of my stupid insurance, I haven't been able to see a doctor yet. I'm 10 weeks along now. I'll be at least 11 almost 12 weeks by the time I have my first appointment. It's so scary! I don't know what to expect since this is my first. Anyone else in the same boat?

Second. I have a ridiculous craving for cheesecake. I need to make some. Anyone have a fool proof easy cheesecake recipe?

If you have not had any previous complications most places wait to get you in, I know the wait is hard but the first twelve weeks take a lot of patience, the rest of the pregnancy goes by like a rocket ship ... I count down the days to each appointment and this is not my first if that makes you feel better!

Also recipe : Cheesecake Factory or order one Togo ... Easiest fool proof way lol ... Then you only need to clean up your fork and yourself ...

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

• Okay two things. First, I'm starting to get really nervous. Because of my stupid insurance, I haven't been able to see a doctor yet. I'm 10 weeks along now. I'll be at least 11 almost 12 weeks by the time I have my first appointment. It's so scary! I don't know what to expect since this is my first. Anyone else in the same boat? Second. I have a ridiculous craving for cheesecake. I need to make some. Anyone have a fool proof easy cheesecake recipe?
    Honestly all they do at appointments is go over any symptoms you have been having.  Since you will be 12ish weeks, you will probably have an ultrasound and/or doppler (you listen for baby's heartbeat).  They get your weight.  You might pee in a cup - some offices test urine every time, some wait until later in pregnancy.  I haven't heard you talking about any alarming symptoms so it sounds like you are having a normal pregnancy - and you have to take comfort in that.  I know it's hard not to worry, but at this point in the game they really don't do anything. 
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• I am so tired today I can't even function. This is the pits. I've done this twice before, but I can't remember . . . does the energy truly come back in the second trimester or am I going to feel like this for the next 28 weeks???

Also, is there an Unpopular Opinion thread yet today? I have a good one.

@2goofykids - I've been craving cheesecake too. I just bought a box mix from the grocery store. Maybe I don't have a very sophisticated palate, but it was easy and delicious.  

• I am so tired today I can't even function. This is the pits. I've done this twice before, but I can't remember . . . does the energy truly come back in the second trimester or am I going to feel like this for the next 28 weeks???

Also, is there an Unpopular Opinion thread yet today? I have a good one.

@2goofykids - I've been craving cheesecake too. I just bought a box mix from the grocery store. Maybe I don't have a very sophisticated palate, but it was easy and delicious.  
    There isn't a thread started yet.  So start it up!!  :-)
  • Heeeeyyyy y'all! :)@blueeyedrose86 congrats! The whole fb thing, umm no, I'm good on that! I'll stay right here thank-you-very-much lol. And cheesecake! Seriously?! Now I'm gonna have to make one (or three)!!!
    :@)
  • Am I seriously the only one who has aversions to desserts this go around?  Both of my sons I lived for ice cream but this one dessert just makes me sick.
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~