March 2016 Moms

How many lbs have you gained so far?

Re: How many lbs have you gained so far?

• I'm 9 weeks today, and I've gained 3. Dr said she wants me to gain 2 pounds each time I see her
  • A+BinNYC said:

At 8w5d I've gained about 8 lbs. - mainly because my usual healthy diet has become basically carbs and cheese all the time since it's the only thing my stomach will tolerate.  That, and I've slowed down my workouts because I've been feeling winded and/or generally tired and terrible.  Not too worried about it, though...  when I start feeling better I'll be back to eating better and working out more regularly.  Just hoping it happens sooner rather than later!

Sounds like we are in the same boat. I followed a very clean diet prior to getting pregnant and ever since like week 7 all I have wanted are white carbs, cheese, pasta... Anything I didn't eat before! I have gained 8 pounds as well at 10w6d.
  • Loading the player...
  • So I have gained about 20...and I feel like the number is startling. I wasn't a thin girl to begin with, but I was rather active. I'm 11-12 wks pregnant depending on which doctor you ask. I have gone up from a 36C to a 38C and my hips have widened three inches. I had gained the 20 by week 9-10. I am still weighing in 20 pounds more so it seems to be stabilizing. Doctors said it's okay. I am used to working out and first trimesters tend to take the energy out of you. I will likely continue to stabilize and have increased energy to work out (only doc approved of course) and stay on track with a healthy weight gain. I did tell him I can't seem to stop eating and he also said that will fluctuate with a laugh (like oh, you silly FTM you don't even KNOW).

I am with the other women on this post though. I'm here to relate. It was tough sharing I have put on as much as I have. Doctor said it's okay though and I am healthy.
  • Mine too lOst bout 3 lbs been nautious bad ! How far r you
  • I'm 12 weeks today and have not gained anything which I also find surprising cos my boobs have increased by two cup sizes and my jeans are starting to get tight. Hoping everything is ok and just ms causing no weight change.
  • ecwkecwk member
    Got weighed today at my appointment, I was avoiding doing it at home! I've lost three pounds since I got my BFP which is funny because I haven't had any m/s. Must be the whole no alcohol thing!! But my jeans are tighter!

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It seems I gained 2 for the whole first trimester. I ended up losing about 2 lbs, but gained 4 back (assuming from the carbs, which I tried to stay away from pre pregnancy!). I'm 12w6d.
  • I have gained 1 pound and I am 10 weeks 6 days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've lost about five pounds so far.
  • ecwk said:

Got weighed today at my appointment, I was avoiding doing it at home! I've lost three pounds since I got my BFP which is funny because I haven't had any m/s. Must be the whole no alcohol thing!! But my jeans are tighter!

I've had a lot of MS but my DH keeps telling me I'm losing weight because of the lack of wine in my diet... I also bought maternity jeans today. I'm down 10, but have a beer gut. Smh
  • I lost 10 by my first appointment at 10weeks. My MS has gotten better and I have indulged in some extra carbs so I would guess that I'm close to my pre pregnancy weight. I hope to start feeling good enough to exercise again but the forest fires and smoke are giving me headaches that could kill!
  • I hate this thread.
  • I think I just gained 5 pounds from the pizza and cheesy bread I had for supper. Other than that, I have no clue how my weight has changed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ecwkecwk member

ecwk said:

I've had a lot of MS but my DH keeps telling me I'm losing weight because of the lack of wine in my diet... I also bought maternity jeans today. I'm down 10, but have a beer gut. Smh
    Soon that beer gut will be an adorable bump. This is the longest I've gone without alcohol since I was like 17. Weird thing is, I don't even miss it one bit!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ecwkecwk member
    lanatalia said:

I hate this thread.

Why?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ecwk said:

ecwk said:

Soon that beer gut will be an adorable bump. This is the longest I've gone without alcohol since I was like 17. Weird thing is, I don't even miss it one bit!
    I thought I missed beer at first but lately even watching alcohol commercials makes my stomach turn. I did the unthinkable and threw out all my craft beers (DH was still drinking them) but I can't even stand the thought of him drinking any without wanting to puke.

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • 12 weeks and I have lost 18. It is getting very disheartening, my doctor said it was fine to lose weight until week 12/13 when I needed to start gaining. Hopefully the next few weeks get better but I am unable to keep much down.
  • I think so far I have gained a total of 3- I lost 5 due to MS, then gained back 8. So 3 sounds about right lol.  I do get weighed today at the dr, but not till 4pm when people say you tend to gain 2-3 pounds throughout the day...

February Siggy Challenge- Post pregnancy indulgences

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Only gained 2 this month officially at my 12-week check.  Woopee!!
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• ecwkecwk member
    lanatalia said:

ecwk said:

lanatalia said:

I hate this thread.

Why?

Annoyed with all the "i got pregnant and lost 10 lbs" postings. Nothing personal. Just the fattest I have ever been in my whole life and not overjoyed to hear about everyones weight loss!

EDIT: I also loved this thread when I had not gained an LB yet. I was feeling so good :) Oh how times change...

Haha don't worry, in a few months most of us will probably be feeling that way. I may have lost three lbs but I feel fat AF. Finding out I lost three lbs also made me feel like "woohoo, now I can eat all of the ice cream!"

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lanatalia

Haha! That's awesome. So to put it in perspective, I gained 9 lbs during the first trimester of my first pregnancy. This time around I have lost 6 so far because my MS has been evil. You could be different with each pregnancy. 

I'm glad though, since I never got rid of the 10 lbs from the first pregnancy, so at least I am feeling like I'm starting around the same number. And I don't have to worry about telling people yet. Whew...that would be tough.
    imageimage

• @lanatalia I totally understand what you're saying. If it helps at all I gained 60lbs with my first and only lost 1/2 of it. And my ms is evil this time around, so even though I've lost 10 it doesn't feel good. At all.
  • oceanchildoceanchild member
    edited August 2015
    I've gained 7 pounds (at 11w)! The only way I can keep from being totally sick constantly is to eat all the carbs. And I'm totally nervous about it bc I feel like this is how my first pregnancy went too with the hunger, and I gained 70 pounds with that one. Wahhhh I'm trying to be good but I can't be sick and take care of three littles!

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Ooh!! CARBS!! That's all I ever want!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Feeling frustrated here. Why can't I crave spinach?

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Stuff some in a donut!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 10000 steps a day is great! Be careful about not eating many carbs....baby really needs lots if whole grains. Just make good choices of what types of carbs you eat. I'm not used to eating many carbs and am starting to enjoy the extra carbs, knowing baby needs them and they are healthy choices. :)
  • 8 am down 6lbs about to enter week 14.... However before conception I drank more wine than I should have and was on steroids for 2 months.... so its reasonable for me to drop weight once both of those stopped

My MS was not bad although often I am nauseous and not hungry and often feel sick if I eat more than a few bites...

I am hoping in the next couple of weeks I at least maintain or start to gain... go to the doctor tomorrow to see what they have to say
  • 13+3 and have lost 6 lbs.
  • AlphabetFishAlphabetFish member
    edited August 2015
    I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and I still haven't gained anything... and I've REALLY let myself go with food and am just eating whenever I feel like it. No major issues with sickness (in fact, I feel worse when I DON'T eat so I haven't missed many meals) so that's not helping me.

I did go back to full time work and my job is fairly mobile (running around a library all day) so maybe that's picking up the slack in my diet.

• I'm a few lbs up at 9.5weeks. It's so hard ladies, I'm just starving allllll the time and the only thing that fills me up/stops the nausea is carbs. Trying to make the healthiest choices but right now I'm just focused on getting through the ms! Hoping things will get better in the next few weeks!
  • ecwkecwk member
    msd24 said:

I'm a few lbs up at 9.5weeks. It's so hard ladies, I'm just starving allllll the time and the only thing that fills me up/stops the nausea is carbs. Trying to make the healthiest choices but right now I'm just focused on getting through the ms! Hoping things will get better in the next few weeks!

Eating anything is better than eating nothing, don't beat yourself up over it. Your m/s should be gone soon and it will be easier to make even better choices :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 9 weeks and have lost 4 lbs. Ms is making me miserable. I can't wait to enjoy a good meal. Come on 2nd trimester. :((
  • I'm 13 weeks and I've gained 10 pounds
  • 11.5 weeks now, I went down 4 lbs earlier on, and now I've gone up 2. I'm glad my weight is moving in the right direction now! 
    imageimage

• I am up 3 but I look like I have gained about 10 in my stomach. I only have one pair of capris (previous fat pants) that fit and I have been wearing those to work a lot otherwise the jeans are unbuttoned. I gained 26 lbs with my son so I hope to stay around that even though I am 10lbs heavier than when I got PG with him. :( Thanks BP meds!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Cherries2005Cherries2005 member
    edited August 2015
    7 lbs so far. Apparently that's too much. I'm naturally tiny. So I don't think it's that much at all. But then I think about my last pregnancy and I gained a whopping 80 lbs.... I started at 115 lbs. I'm aiming for about 30 lbs this time. It's hard since I'm always hungry!
  • 12 weeks and 0. Which is good since I am overweight to begin with with DS and DD gained around 60, by the end.