March 2016 Moms
Options

How many lbs have you gained so far?

Answers

• Options
    I'm almost 9 weeks and I've gained 2 pounds. I do feel like my digestion has slowed down soooo much. Anyone else?
  • Options
    I've gained none. But I don't gain much any pregancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't gained anything so far at 8w2d, so I'm pretty happy. I'm starting out heavier than I'd like to, so I'd like to stay within the recommended weight range for sure. So far so good and hoping to keep it up!

Also, I don't get what's so controversial about this topic. If you don't want to compare, then avoid the topic. I haven't seen any post sharing their current gain/loss that's the least bit negative towards others. Let's not project our own insecurities onto others.
  • Options
    smushismushi member
    edited August 2015
    lanatalia said:
    yodapup said:
    smushi said:
    Just remember, everyone, body sizes are different and weight gains will differ for everyone and every pregnancy.  Please don't compare yourself to others! 
    That's why I don't like these types of threads. Every woman is different and even with best intentions, some are going to feel bad for gaining "too much". We're all growing a baby and should be gaining weight. It comes off as some people bragging that they haven't gained much (even if that is not the intention).

What is this board for if not to compare with other women? I could say the same thing about every issue. Don't compare your symptoms with mine. Don't compare your ultrasound with mine. Don't compare your food cravings with mine. Yeah, this is a group of all different women who are comparing their one common denominator with each other: Pregnancy.
    I also would like to clarify that I was not "bragging" about not gaining weight. 

Here is a weight chart. If you have a BMI that falls into normal you can compare your weight gain with mine because I am BMI normal. https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/weight-gain/?pos=1&xid=nl_YourDailyNewsletterfromWhattoExpect_20150804

Stupid quote box.

Comparing can be very dangerous for some women.  Like one poster already stated, they were 'worried' at how much weight they had already gained.  Some women would read these personal numbers and worry needlessly.  My post was just a reminder for first time moms reading these that what other women gain or lose does not dictate what they should shoot for or expect for themselves.  Everyone's body does this thing differently.  It's a lot like the idea that breastfeeding makes the pounds shed away - for some women, this just isn't true, but since other women experience it, they begin to feel like something is wrong with their own bodies for not reacting the same as others.   

But of course, carry on. Just do so with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    I have gained 4 lbs and am 10 weeks.
  • Options
    7 weeks and I've lost about 3 pounds because everything makes me gag! Baby #2 on the way, hoping to gain less than the 40 pounds I gained during my first pregnancy. I'm guessing that with a toddler to chase all day, I've got a good shot!
  • Options
    Thanks! It's my first pregnancy so not sure what to expect.
  • Options
    I have not been sick at all thank goodness but all I want to eat is things I'm not supposed to...taco bell, chips and dip lol but only gained 2 lbs im 8w2d. I'm not starting at the weight I wanted to when we got prego but im hopeing to only gain about 30.
  • Options
    I am 8+3 and have gained four kilos and feeling very self conscious. I am too exhausted to go to the gym anymore and have given in to a few bad habits. I am starting to worry this is to much and can't tell if I am starting to get a bump or if that's just my belly growing from the weight gain.
    Any advice would be appreciated!
  • Options
    I will be 10 wks on Friday, I have lost 14 lbs but have not been sick at all. I have PCOS and am still on metformin, but I barely have an appetite. I called the doctor and they said it was completely normal. So I guess when I gain my baby weight I (hopefully haha) won't weigh much more than my normal weight.
  • Options
    7wks 4days and I haven't gained a pound, which is a sheer miracle considering how much I've been chowing down. And I do NOT have a fast metabolism, just waiting for all of these carbs to catch up with me ;)
  • Options
    I'm 12 weeks and gained 3.5 lbs so far.
  • Options
    So far just one but with all this bloat it feels like 10!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I actually ended up losing 3 pounds in the past few weeks unintentionally. So now I'm only up 3.5 and also realizing it will fluctuate so not worrying about it at this point. I think it just freaked me out that I was steadily gaining a pound a week in the beginning.

BFP: 7-5-15
    EDD: 3-11-16
    29yo First pregnancy! 

• Options
    I'm 9 weeks and have lost about 4 pounds b/c of MS. Trying out the B6/unisome combo now to try to increase my food intake. I'm technically underweight (barely), so I want to start gaining, not loosing. 
    imageimage

• Options
    @laurenandjase pretty much everything is normal during first tri. With my son I was up 5# by week 13. I will be 11 weeks Saturday and haven't gained a pound. I started both pregnancies at 135# and am 5'4". I gained right at 30# with my son. Breastfeeding helped me shed it quickly. My son is 12 months now. Weight gain during pregnancy is so different for everyone. I will also add I had hypoglycemia with both pregnancies so my metabolism shoots thru the roof and I have to be careful to eat often. It is the opposite of diabetes - my body over produces insulin. Both my sisters have it outside of pregnancy and are very thin even though they eat like crazy. They are also both 6' tall. Not fair.
  • Options
    elle313 said:

I'm 9 weeks and have lost about 4 pounds b/c of MS. Trying out the B6/unisome combo now to try to increase my food intake. I'm technically underweight (barely), so I want to start gaining, not loosing. 

I actually liked that better than the diclegis. The diclegis makes me feel off all day. I try not to take it. Hurry up 2nd tri!!
  • Options
    ARogers26 said:
    I actually liked that better than the diclegis. The diclegis makes me feel off all day. I try not to take it. Hurry up 2nd tri!!
    They're the same med
    DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    skruhmin said:

ARogers26 said:

elle313 said:

They're the same med

Yes, the medicine is the same, but diclegis is time release which is why I don't feel normal on it the next day. It lasts too long for me. The separate pills wear off quicker. Which works better for me.
  • Options
    @obriensha .... We have the same due date!!
  • Options
    7w5d and gained 5lbs.  But I also just lost 30lbs and have added carbs back into my diet to combat MS.  :(  ugh, cannot wait to feel a little more normal!!

• Options
    9 weeks here and I think I'm about the same if not lost weight. MS has made it hard to ever eat after 3pm.
  • Options
    I have gained 4 pounds so far (10 weeks 5 days)
  • Options
    8 weeks 4 days and have lost 14 pounds due to hg. But I gained about 15 pounds after going off birth control to get pregnant so I guess I'm even. With first pregnancy I lost 20+ pounds due to hg in 1sr trimester but gained it all back plus 5 pounds. Made me laugh cause within 2 weeks of having him, I was below my pre pregnancy weight. This time I'm worried though, with twins there is more risk that having hg will harm them.
  • Options
    10 w 2 d in - I don't really obsess on my weight so I have weighed my self in years n haven recently. However, I can't suck in my stomach the way I used to. Lol. I had a little tummy before but I could easily pull it in and looked like I had a flat tummy ... I have a big belly now. I feel like some of those dudes u see in the street with a giant beer belly lol. I feel "fat" bcus I'm only 10w n have a belly. But it's all good. :)
  • Options
    At 8w5d I've gained about 8 lbs. - mainly because my usual healthy diet has become basically carbs and cheese all the time since it's the only thing my stomach will tolerate.  That, and I've slowed down my workouts because I've been feeling winded and/or generally tired and terrible.  Not too worried about it, though...  when I start feeling better I'll be back to eating better and working out more regularly.  Just hoping it happens sooner rather than later!
    DD 7/10
    MC 3/12
    MC 7/12
    DS 7/13
    BFP #5 - EDD 3/25/16
  • Options
    10.5 weeks and I am down 1 lb. Which seems unbelievable as I feel extremely bloated and can't fit in pants already?

imageimage
    Me 35 DH 40
    Married April 2013
    BFP #1 - Natural MMC at 10w, 4/10/15
            BFP #2 - EDD 3/15/16      
  • Options
    9w1d No weight gain yet which is suprising, I have to keep eating to avoid feeling sick!
  • Options
    9wks2dys Initially I'd lost weight. I was eating small meals all day and lost 4lbs. For a little over a week, I've had pretty bad MS and can only keep down crackers, dry toast, other breads, and Gatorade diluted with water... I've gained back the 3lbs but I've also felt very bloated and constipated with the MS. So I guess I'm the same weight? I feel odd having my weight go up and down. Is that normal?

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I am 9wks4 days and I have gained 7lbs so far. I have been worried about gaining too much weight too fast, but I figured everyone's body and pregnancy is different.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm 12 weeks 4 days and I've gained 4 pounds. Granted, my morning sickness just recently went away and my appetite has returned full force so I expect that number to go way up next trimester
  • Options
    11 weeks in (as of today) only gained 2lbs. Mostly cause this baby seems to make me not like foods I use to like.
  • Options
    I've lost about 10lbs. Definitely not bragging about having zero appetite and throwing up all day! Hopefully it gets better in second tri.