June 2015 Moms
Options

Parenting fails

Any other (funny after the fact) parenting fails... Last night my phone slipped out of my hand landing on babies head while nursing=fail

Re: Parenting fails

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I accidentally hit her with my hair brush and put a little bump on her head- didn't know really know it caused a knot until DH got home and asked!
  • Options

Our DS (3 yo) just fell down about 8 stairs this afternoon. He has a huge egg size bruise on his eye/eye brow and stair print down the side of his face. Poor kid.

Oh no! How scary, my daughter fell down 1 flight as a toddler it was horrible
  • Options
    HayesRN13 said:

Our DS (3 yo) just fell down about 8 stairs this afternoon. He has a huge egg size bruise on his eye/eye brow and stair print down the side of his face. Poor kid.

Oh no! How scary, my daughter fell down 1 flight as a toddler it was horrible
    Thank God there were no broken bones. They're still pretty flexible at this age, just a lot of bumps and bruises along the way.
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose dropped their phone on LO head/face.

I was in my perants caravan and lifted up LO to smell his bum and hit his head on the roof.
  • Options
    HayesRN13HayesRN13 member
    edited August 2015
    mjschenk said:

Well I might win at about three weeks old my baby rolled off the couch. Luckily he is fine and is a sweetheart and only cried for like two minutes.

It's bound to happen to us because when DH has him, he always falls asleep and has Lo on the edge laying next to him.. I told him at least move him to the inside!
  • Options
    rrcameron21rrcameron21 member
    edited August 2015
  • Options
    I let LO cry in his car seat in the car for almost an hour, because we'd just stopped to feed and change him. He was inconsolable and had both sweat through his outfit and puked all over it several times. Ugh, I felt so horrible.
  • Options

I let LO cry in his car seat in the car for almost an hour, because we'd just stopped to feed and change him. He was inconsolable and had both sweat through his outfit and puked all over it several times. Ugh, I felt so horrible.

Sorry, that sounds rough. Crying in the carseat is the worst, hate it, especially when I'm alone
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Options
    I was eating a snow cone type thing and a little ice fell on DD's bare belly. She squirmed and groaned. Poor girl.

I've definitely dropped my phone on her head a couple of times.

At a couple of weeks old, I didn't put the car seat bar up when I took her out of the car and she was facing straight down while I carried her from the car to the house. Luckly she was strapped in tight but I felt awful!
  • Options
    You guys. I am seriously losing it! I just did it again - I had her in her carrier unstrapped while shopping and ended up popping her in the base and driving a few miles through busy traffic home without realizing she wasn't really strapped in! This is inexcusable. I would kill DH if he did that - I'm not sure he'd hear the end of it. Feeling so guilty now. This is not happening again!
  • Options
    bajean1 said:

I'm actually hard of hearing so, more often than I like to admit, I thought my Lo was sleeping peacefully only to go to the nursery to realize that he is screaming his head off :/

Our monitor links to my phone and I've accidentally turned it off while half asleep before. Major guilt!

I've pinched LO while cutting his nails before too. He screamed and I ended up in tears while DH calmed him down. Then a few minutes later LO scratched himself and started screaming again. Little guy cannot handle any bit of pain.