• Loading the player...
  • taysun said:

I ❤ me some Tyra!!!!
  • MrsBwIVF said:

taysun said:

I ❤ me some Tyra!!!!
    Literally the entire tiffany rant applies to so many people
  • Lmao if you guys didn't like what she wrote, why respond :-\" I'm confused
  • Uhm, no trust me, I've had 3 miscarriages and finally have a healthy baby, I don't agree with her posting she was upset she having a boy, but no one should be ATTACKED for posting how she feels. She should've worded different, cool, or not said it the way she said it. But to chastise anyone is annoying as heck. So NO I'm not new here. Great meme though
  • Why bother finding out intentionally EARLY just to complain?? I can see being disappointed in something you expected to happen if you saw it in your head as one way, but knowing there is a 50/50 chance, finding out early, and then complaining about it is awful. Save it for your diary or BFF that hopefully won't judge you...

• @queenwaldorf4 def should put both of them in giant, RED, Sharpie letters.... You'll see. 
    One of them has been on my post it in red for a while now....
  • Crap it's a boy? Good heavens. What a lovely title. NOT!!!!!
  • Yeah... the whole sexist comment was ignorant and unfounded. This forum is majority women. If the dads were on here posting things like this, people would still be offended. Just like people are offended by such an ignorant comment. But then again, we shouldn't be suprised....but I digress.

Oh hush now. You're all just trying to make her feel demonized because of feelings she's having that she came here for help rationalizing. She's asking for some reassurance. Shame on you guys.
    ---------------quote fail---------- Seriously?! This is the type of poster you're going to white knight for? The kind that can't have sympathy for women who've had losses because they didn't give her the response she wanted?
    Where are my damn post its?
    Go into the  <> section to keep another  quote fail from happening - fyi. 

As a woman who has had a loss, a rather traumatic one, i might add, I just don't see how these two things are even remotely related. How on earth do MY personal experiences remove somebody's right to have, and express their own weird pregnancy feelings? I just.. i guess I just really don't get how this is about me and not her. 

At all. 
  • I also notice that the post where i talk about my own loss was flagged for inappropriateness. 

This is just sad. 
  • alanna3622alanna3622 member
    edited August 2015
    @groovylocks I think this post was originally made in a way where OP knew her exaggerated rhetoric would ruffle a few feathers, and just happened to underestimate the extent of the reaction she would receive. I don't get a sense that she was looking for support/understanding of weird pregnancy feelings, but rather that in her family unit there were major hopes and (obviously irrational) plans for a girl and now they have to rejig things. This is the kind of comment that when made in an outrageously overstated way to family and friends would get a chuckle (especially the childless who ALWAYS suspect a gender preference and inquire about same - probably because it is the only way they know how to make conversation - LOL), but sounds self-absorbed and "off" when said (well, shouted actually) to a group of pregnant women who don't know her.

I thought chiccobean's initial response was spot on, seriously. But instead of listening, OP doubled down, even though now she was absolutely aware that the board is very sensitive to sex disappointment. It seemed like every time OP got a little more callous, other posters were happy to mirror that. Won't even get started on the victim rant in the separate thread.

I don't know who reported your post, but I am sorry that happened. Don't stop hanging around, though, because I think you are funny and contrarian and add to this board.

Also thought of you BTW - I watched The Business of Being Born last night and thought you might be interested in that. (I remember you saying something about wanting c-section). Husband was pretty weirded out by seeing Ricki Lake's boobs but other than that, even he was a fan. Some Monty Python sketches are clipped in, etc.
  • @alanna3622 I LOVE how you explained how we felt...since no matter how it is expressed some people tend to continue to feign ignorance to it. I also appreciate your seeing that I tried really hard to be nice and helpful to OP, but she took it there. I'd post a cute gif for you but I'm Def terrible at it mobily. Thanks again.
  • @Chiccobeanz you won my love with that "sentiment ricocheted" GIF the other day haha. Soon, however, I will need more GiFs.
  • Let's all stop acting fake for a minute! Most of you posters can't say you didn't want a specific gender and were disappointed when you didn't get it! If you say you never had well more then likely you're a liar. You don't need to attack the original poster, GET OVER IT! Do you think that she's the only pregnant woman like this? Hell I've got a bet goin on the sex with my child's father. And she's also not the only person who sees a nasty person and didn't sympathize with them js
  • BTW my dad wanted me to be a boy, I have no hard feelings and really could care less.
  • Uhm, no trust me, I've had 3 miscarriages and finally have a healthy baby, I don't agree with her posting she was upset she having a boy, but no one should be ATTACKED for posting how she feels. She should've worded different, cool, or not said it the way she said it. But to chastise anyone is annoying as heck. So NO I'm not new here. Great meme though
    You joined July 27th. That's the definition of new. The purpose of the 3 day waiting period is to get to know the online community. If that had been done, OP would know that this kind of thing doesn't go over well.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Let's all stop acting fake for a minute! Most of you posters can't say you didn't want a specific gender and were disappointed when you didn't get it! If you say you never had well more then likely you're a liar. You don't need to attack the original poster, GET OVER IT! Do you think that she's the only pregnant woman like this? Hell I've got a bet goin on the sex with my child's father. And she's also not the only person who sees a nasty person and didn't sympathize with them js

I would be equally happy with a daughter or a son and resent you calling me a liar. Name calling is against the bump TOU. I sympathize with anyone who has suffered through a loss or multiple losses because that is a horrible thing to face.
  • I have miscarried before so I do know what it's like, but I also know the world is full of people with no hearts or morals so I don't expect sympathy from everyone. Not everyone is the same and the OP didn't start off by being rude until she was told she shouldn't have kids, this is a forum for pregnant women for support and I saw some pretty rude comments Tbh if it was me that the comments were directed to I would've been just as mean and heartless if not more. I live by a different moral code then most I believe you get back what you give out. Be rude and ugly you get it back

Did you even read the OPs statements about those who have experienced loss. Many of the ladies on this sure (myself included) have dealt with loss and/or IF. This is not the person I would WK for.

• I have miscarried before so I do know what it's like, but I also know the world is full of people with no hearts or morals so I don't expect sympathy from everyone. Not everyone is the same and the OP didn't start off by being rude until she was told she shouldn't have kids, this is a forum for pregnant women for support and I saw some pretty rude comments Tbh if it was me that the comments were directed to I would've been just as mean and heartless if not more. I live by a different moral code then most I believe you get back what you give out. Be rude and ugly you get it back

Are you implying that people had losses because they didn't follow your moral code and were ugly and rude?
  • mollypuss1mollypuss1 member
    edited August 2015
    I have miscarried before so I do know what it's like, but I also know the world is full of people with no hearts or morals so I don't expect sympathy from everyone. Not everyone is the same and the OP didn't start off by being rude until she was told she shouldn't have kids, this is a forum for pregnant women for support and I saw some pretty rude comments Tbh if it was me that the comments were directed to I would've been just as mean and heartless if not more. I live by a different moral code then most I believe you get back what you give out. Be rude and ugly you get it back
    **Removed for TOU Violation**

Again, name calling is against TOU. Not to mention, this is not a support group. You might want to read the terms of use if you plan on sticking around.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"