January 2016 Moms
Options

RTT

Re: RTT

• Options
    steph_pegasussteph_pegasus member
    edited July 2015
    @KaraEpp16 I saw your question in the spicy food thread about teaching infants signs.
    I don't know how many signs @ChipMonster taught her LO but we taught DD a handful of basic signs. Very useful and satisfying for all parties. It took a while for her to get the dexterity to sign some of them but it is still a great thing for them to learn. I definitely recommend it!

We taught DD milk, more, please, toilet, poop, I love you.
    Eta she also knows all done, read it, and yes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@KaraEpp16 I saw your question in the spicy food thread about teaching infants signs.
    I don't know how many signs @ChipMonster taught her LO but we taught DD a handful of basic signs. Very useful and satisfying for all parties. It took a while for her to get the dexterity to sign some of them but it is still a great thing for them to learn. I definitely recommend it!

We taught DD milk, more, please, toilet, poop, I love you.

Yes, DS is so happy to sign and know that we understand him!! He used to yell between bites because he wanted more food. The yelling stopped as soon as he realized that he could just sign more! Like I posted before, I've only shown him more, all done and milk. Since we are starting to potty train, I'm going to tackle toilet and poop too! Good idea!
  • Options
    kemerson531kemerson531 member
    edited July 2015
    I had the most disturbing dream last night that I was trying to breastfeed one of my dogs, but I kept getting upset because she wasn't latching properly. Also my breast milk came out as a semi-solid, like popping a pimple or squeezing toothpaste from the tube.
  • Options

This pregnancy is going to be the first LO for both DH and myself. Soo last night I told my DH that I was going to buy a stroller sooner rather than later, because I want to practice walking my dogs with it. He lost it in a fit of laughter and told me our neighbors will think I am a lunatic if I'm walking around with an empty stroller, so I was like well we can put something in it so that it's weighed down a little. Then he laughed even harder and said if I'm walking down the road pushing a damn watermelon in a baby carriage I will probably be sent to a looney bin. In my head it really seemed like a good idea, sooo I am going to go ahead and give myself a speshul snow flake award for that one.

Lol!! Practicing walking with your dogs close to you is a great idea though if they aren't used to it so you had a good idea!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Okay, can someone please help me. Im a macbook user, trying to put my signature ticker in, and i cant for the life of me make it work.

Below is the code that was generated, I tried putting it in the image box, but i just get the little image icon thing... no ticker.

Any ideas?

STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • Options
    ChelseyBelsChelseyBels member
    edited July 2015
    @nickicb7 It needs to be posted in your signature. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mama to one girl: born 12/2009. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Finally!
    STM - EDD June 24 '18
    DD - January 2016
  • Options
  • Options
    @StephPegasus when did you start feeling quickening with your DD?
  • Options
    Mmmm, around 18 wks or so.
  • Options
    kmcc14kmcc14 member
    In case anyone wants to help out someone who has a question "for a friend." https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12603558/so-paternity-predictions-please-give-your-opinion#latest

First person to share the link for Maury casting wins.
    Me: 30 DH: 35 
    TTC #1 - Jan 2015
    BFP on 5/13/15
    DD born 1/24/16
    TTC #2 - Jun 2017
    BFP on 8/24/17
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm not about to post a discussion about it. HAHAHA. I felt tapping on one side last night and then after a few minutes I felt it in the middle. I'm only 15+1 so I don't want to say that's what it was but it did seem "different"
  • Options
    It's possible, I think. I've had a couple of suspicious sensations in the last couple days but I'm only 14w today so I'm second-guessing myself. :-??
  • Options
    I'm 16+2 and I'm over analyzing EVERY sensation. So excited to feel something!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've been lurking F16 to see if that video announcement gets flamed, but saw in another thread a STM swore up and down that she could feel her baby moving - she was 10w. #-o
  • Options
    @KaraEpp16 with DD I started thinking I was feeling something at 16 weeks. It's was very light and sporadic so I thought maybe. I know I felt it at 18. It feels like butterfly wings tapping inside your belly at first.
  • Options
    @KaraEpp16 with DD I started thinking I was feeling something at 16 weeks. It's was very light and sporadic so I thought maybe. I know I felt it at 18. It feels like butterfly wings tapping inside your belly at first.
    It was rhytmic taps - four on my right side and then two in the middle. And when I say it felt different I mean I've had all kinds of gas/bm cramping and feeling like my uterus stretching/round ligament pain this was nothing like it.

I'm totally one to usually just say "You're psyching yourself out, kid!" but it was a sensation I've never felt.

Hilarious that's what that video announcement on Feb16 was about.
  • Options
    sck601sck601 member
    Should we do a daily RTT?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Lljbean said:

Ugh you guys, 1) I just woke up, ew. DD had a bad dream about "meanie giraffes" last night, so that took a chunk of my life. 2) I have to go get my braces changed in an hour and they are adding brackets to my molars now, (I've had them for 6 months so far) and I am like *weeping*. My mouth is going to hurt so bad. :( I have lots of applesauce but we all know, all I want is carbs, carbs, and more carbs. and cheese. 

Owwie :( I remeber my braces and I was 10
  • Options
    @Snoopylovesbelle  I wish my metabolism would stop being the slowest turtle I've ever witnessed. It's even slower now.

Post-partum I think I'm going to read the book about eating for your blood type. It looks miserable so it must work.

Also, was totally typing this is FFFC but figured it would be better here.

@Lljbean I hope your appointment isn't too painful :( Maybe you need a milkshake after ;)
  • Options
    Ooooooooooooooh. @KaraEpp16 My belly likes how you think. ;) 
    Me:28 DH:35
    Married: 7.23.11
    DD:10.17.12
    EDD #2!:1.17.16 

• Options
    indibiduleindibidule member
    edited July 2015
    @Lljbean Mashed potatoes. Any time I have any dental work done where I have to eat a soft foods, that's my go to. You can add shredded cheese to the potatoes and no gravy. Then you satisfy both the carbs and the cheese.
    Eta tag
  • Options
    @Lljbean Mashed potatoes. Any time I have any dental work done where I have to eat a soft foods, that's my go to. You can add shredded cheese to the potatoes and no gravy. Then you satisfy both the carbs and the cheese. Eta tag
    I got my wisdom teeth out in Jan. - miserable bony impacted. Anyway, my SO made me scrambled eggs on demand. It was the freaking best.

• Options
    Someone should start a book suggestion thread since most of us are book nerds! Random thought: am I the only person that absolutely love reading books that make me cry?
  • Options
    vvitchhazelvvitchhazel member
    edited July 2015
    @sck601 I think we should just keep this random thought thread and not do a daily. Less board clutter and we know we've got plenty of that!

@kalahall13 I think a book thread would be neat! What about Good Reads? Who uses that?

Edit: If you are on Good Reads, add me! I only have one friend! My username is the same there... vvitchhazel!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    zg49zg49 member
    @sck601 I think we should just keep this random thought thread and not do a daily. Less board clutter and we know we've got plenty of that! @kalahall13 I think a book thread would be neat! What about Good Reads? Who uses that? Edit: If you are on Good Reads, add me! I only have one friend! My username is the same there... vvitchhazel!
    I love Good Reads! I would also like a book thread. I have the worst time trying to pick new books to read.

• Options
    @vvitchhazel my good reads app is being dumb and I'm pouting. :(
  • Options

@vvitchhazel my good reads app is being dumb and I'm pouting. :(

Yeah, mine is acting up too... I had to get on my computer to double check that I was right about my username!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lol I may have to as well. The app will only let me add friends from fb or contacts, no option to search user name. ^#(^
  • Options
    Last night I felt definite teeny baby thumps. So tiny and light. It want on for a while. I'm 16w. With my first it started early and by 20 weeks she was a maniac kicker/puncher until birth... my bladder is scared.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    I created the book thread! It's called bookworms!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've never heard of the Good Reads app.

I live under a rock.
  • Options
    @Lljbean I had braces when I was 21 (why did my mom give me the choice to not get them in high school???) and I feel for you. You deserve the most delicious beer cheese soup tonight, or something amazing. Mmmmm... Cheese.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"