October 2015 Moms
Options

Things you learned at an inappropriately old age (stolen from another board)

bbiutmcphbbiutmcph member
edited July 2015 in October 2015 Moms
I was lurking (Jan '16) and read a hilarious post of things people didn't learn until way older than they should have.  There were funny food, sex, body things etc.  So I am stealing the idea and think we should do it. 

I believed until I was like 19 that a Jackalope was a real animal.  I remember telling my now husband that if they were fake why the local restaurant had one on their wall.  After he laughed for at least 15 minutes he managed to tell me the truth.  I felt like an idiot. 

Re: Things you learned at an inappropriately old age (stolen from another board)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    whoa some of these are weird...just weird. But highly entertaining. I'm thinking of something to add...brb
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @BrooklynBroussard I learned this in the dorms too when someone else made that mistake. Thank God it wasn't me!
  • Options
    jenspeake said:
    I've seen a million war movies and heard the term fubar in almost everyone.  Finally asked my husband what it stood for the other day!  Duh!

And just in case I'm not the only one....FUBAR-f'ed up beyond all recognition
    I was in the military so I knew all these... the one that always makes me laugh is when people say "snafu" which stands for "situation normal, all f'ed up". I laugh to myself whenever my boss says snafu because I don't think she knows it's origin.