February 2016 Moms
Options

Everyone introduce yourselves!

Re: Everyone introduce yourselves!

• Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Paige and I'm pregnant with my first little one. I'm a little over 6 weeks and a type 1 diabetic. Me and my fiancé are excited but very nervous because of the type 1 diabetes. Any other moms to be on here have type 1 diabetes? I'm sure there is a forum on here some where about pregnancy and diabetes I just have to find it!
  • Options
    @PedsIsHardcore I'm a type 1 too! Did it make your first pregnancy hard? Was your baby okAy after delivery? I hAve so mAny questions. I'm 22 and was diagnosed at 20 so I'm still learning how to take care of myself a little. Please enlighten me with some wisdom!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! I'm Natalie. This is my 3rd baby and I'm Dere February 16th. I have a 4 year old girl and an 18 month old girl. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    baby0708 - so glad to see local ladies!

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options

Aw good to hear! I love Tulsa! When are you due?

Tulsa is good! ☺ My EDD is Feb 4 but according to my OC I think it will be mid-Feb. We'll see at our appointment. When is yours?
  • Options
    kkoloj said:

Hey everyone! I am so excited to be here! My name is Mollie, I am 29 and am married, and we have a 6 year old daughter. I live in Stillwater, OK, and am finishing up my Masters degree in Nutritional Sciences/Dietetics at OSU! It's been a while since I've been pregnant so this is all feeling new to me again. I would love to have some due date buddies again this time around, I really enjoyed having them last time! Look forward to talking more with all of you!

Hey Mollie! I'm in Tulsa! It's nice to see another Oklahoma girl here! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!
    I'm in Norman! Lots of Oklahoma babies on here ;)
    Oh that's exciting! Norman is fun! It looks like there might be. ☺ When are you due?
  • Options
    Hi everyone :) my name is meag and I'm from New York! My dh and I have been together 3.5 years and married for only about 7 months. I'm a voice and piano teacher as well as a manager at a children's center. My husband is a hairstylist here. My dh has an 11-yo, so thankfully she's my little buddy :) we're super excited to add another jellybean to our family!

I just got my first bfp on Saturday, so I'm pretty new to all of this. I've already panicked about doing something wrong about 50x in the past few days haha (I'm gonna be "that mom"). I'm looking forward to chatting with you and having you join me on this incredible journey into parenthood :)
  • Options
    Hi, congrats everyone!! My name is Kristen and I'm 32, my husband is 32 also. We will be married for 9 years this September. I am a nurse by background and now working in the staff education department at my company. This is our 1st baby and we are so excited. We've been trying for 2.5 years and can't wait until February to meet our little one! We also have 2 dogs, they are rescue Pit Bulls and will always be our babies! Good luck to all of you :)
  • Options
    Hi, my name is Kat and I live in New Zealand. 4th pregnancy but 1 ended @ 10 weeks and I developed antibodies from it, then 3 chemicals/early losses, so this will be my first baby. I have a 2 year old stepson as well so I'm pretty lucky! Nervous that this one won't last but feel more confident by the day.
  • Options
    Hey ladies! First off, congratulations to everyone such an exciting time! My name is Molly, I'll be 24 when LO arrives and DH will be 26. I became a SAHM when we had our son last summer. We are excited and nervous to have two under two. I enjoy golfing, shopping, cooking and weekend getaways.
  • Options
    shashie_84shashie_84 member
    edited June 2015
    Hi everyone. My name is Shannon. I am 31 and DH is 32. We are expecting our first after trying for about a year. I made a huge mistake and posted a question before I introduced myself. Oops! Thank you to the ladies that responded to my question and didn't call me out on it... >:D<
  • Options
    Hi everyone :) I'm Kassi, 30 and this is my second pregnancy..unfortunately the first one ended in a miscarriage but things are looking up for this time around. My husband and I are super excited! We where 7 weeks and a day yesterday!!!
  • Options
    Hello! My name is Victoria, I am 20 years old and I'm expecting my first child around February 10th! I'm super scared yet super excited!

If you're a mom can you give any pointers? Any tips?
    How about any info on the first trimester?

:)
  • Options
    krabskrabs member
    Hi I'm Kristen. I'm 28 and have been married for 2 years. This is our first baby and we just bought a house as well! I found out we were pregnant the week we moved in so I could no longer help move things or paint! Frustrating! :)
  • Options
    Hi all I'm Alyssa this will be my first child with my bf of 5 years. I've had problems with cyst and fibroids in the past so we decided I'll stop my bc and if it happens it happens! Well a month later it happened lol couldn't be happier! We're up in Jersey anyone else??

• Options
    @kfaust374 I have a pit bull/Yorkie mix strange but awesome lol I grew up around pits. Any ideas on how your gonna introduce baby to pit? They are awesome with kids!!
  • Options
    Hi! My name is Stacey and I am 40 years old and I have a 3 year old daughter. I have been with my fiance for 9 years. I developed hellp syndrome with my daughter and had to deliver her at 33 weeks. Luckily she was a big baby and was already 5.5 pounds. She spent 21 days in the nicu. I am praying everyday that I don't go through any of that again. It's nice to be here, surprised to be back here but nice :)
  • Options
    Hi everyone! Excited to join the group. I'm 36 (yikes! One of the oldest here!) I'm a physical therapist. DH and I have been married for 5 years and have a 3 yo son. We've been ttc for 1 year and were about to start infertility treatment when we got pregnant. Can't quite believe it yet! Edd 2/16/16
    Nice to meet you all :-)
  • Options
    Hello from MN!

My hubby and I have been together for 10 yrs and married for 3 of them. We have a 9 yr boy, 5 yr girl, 2 yr boy; 2 dogs and 1 cat.

I'm currently due Feb 2 but we'll see if this changes at all next week at my first appt. Feeling mostly like crap all the time and was quite freaked out at first. We thought we were done and had gotten rid of all our equipment and lots of clothing;)

I'm an LPN, only been with this company since sept. he drives truck for a local company which is nice so he's home more than ever before. He trained and showed horses for quite a few years before giving it up and just riding as a hobby instead. Got tired of people not paying their bills. We all enjoy riding horses, swimming, sports, hunting and fishing...

Hoping to be able to stick around lurk some more;) thanks!
  • Options
    Leelo4Leelo4 member
    edited June 2015
    Hi Mamas-to-be!   My name is Lori.  I'm 35 and live in Colorado.  This will be my 2nd LO - I have a wonderful 18 mo old girl. My husband and I will be married 5 years in Aug.   
    I work as an estimator for a commercial construction company and he is an attorney.  We just had to put our 19 yr old kitty down last week, so we have no pets at the moment :-(  (It's a little too soon yet but I'm sure we will be adding another kitty to the family at some point).

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better on our journey to Baby!  

• Options
    Hi. My name is Micheala. I'm 17 , 18 in Jan. And 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I've not really planned to fall pregnant. Nor sleep with who was just a friend at the time but now is my fiance (JP) who is 19, turning 20 next month.

We started getting into a relationship the 5th of May. And shorty after we found out that I'm pregnant. The joy on his face then he woke up and saw the test was the most amazing thing ever. His mom is so excited. I'm hardly showing anything but she's already wants start planning for a baby shower. It's so sweet of her. I love her to bits.

As for my parents well. They don't quite know yet. Since they will keep JP and me apart. My mom will accept it. But not my step dad.

I've been out of school for a few years now. And I've got a construction company that I manage.. JP is a well pretty much everything at a place called Chem - ex.

I will be able to take care of my baby. I have the money and support for JP. I'll do what every it takes to make him/her happy.

Well I'm a 1st time mom. And a teen mom. So if anyone has any advice please. It will help me alot! I want to take the best care of the baby as i can

What to do and what not while I'm pregnant?

Why baby milk is the best to use? and what baby milk to stay away from?

Thank you ♥
  • Options
    momPDXmomPDX member
    Woah, lots of people! I don't know many other Moms with young kids, and one of my friends told me her bump month club was an amazing sounding board to help her deal with stresses no one else understood. I figured I'd give it a shot!

Hi all. I'm 32, and will be a STM. I have a girl who will be two just before this LO is here. I live in Portland with my husband, our DD, a large lab/dane, and cat. I'm originally from Kansas City, but have lived in the PNW for 12yrs.

I was in the process of going back to college when we realized this one stuck (Yay and s@$t!), so I'll be changing things up with my school load. (Maybe online classes for spring semester?)

I had a whirlwind (slightly horrid, but not as bad as some) pregnancy and recovery. Not sure if the introduction is the best place to go into too much into detail. But, I'm told every pregnancy is different, and even if it's the same I'm excited to do it again. The little one part, not the horrid part.

I work three long days a week, and spend the rest of my time trying to catch up with life. That's probably why I'm rambling.

I'm not sure if anyone is going to scroll down 13 pages, but after lurking for the mandatory 72 hours, I figured I'd at least say hi.
  • Options
    Someday I'm going to read every one of these intros! My name is Katie. I'm 26. MH & I have been together 8 years and have a 5 YO DS. We've been TFAS since December '13 with infertility treatments due to anovulatory cycles with PCOS.
    Still working through a loss in April of this year. MMC and D&C.
    Just found out we're pregnant with our rainbow baby, and so excited.
    Can't wait to get to know you ladies :)
  • Options
    Hi. My name is Danielle and I'm 27. I have a fiance who is 24 and we are both very excited. I live in South Carolina. This is my first pregnancy and I have sickle cell disease. I'm now due in February ok the 1st which changed after my first ob appt from January 26th. Fingers crossed....here were go on our exciting new adventure!
  • Options
    Hello everyone :\">
    Tried to leave a post before but don't know if I managed it!
    My name is Gemma 21 from Yorkshire in the UK and my first baby! Me and my partner are very exited ! Due 4th of February ( or there abouts!) waiting for dating scan
    Can't wait to hear all your stories ☺️☺️
  • Options
    Hi all!
       I just found out this moring that I will be joining you!!!! My name is Lauren and I am 26, 27 in a few days, and DH is 25. This is our 1st and we have been trying fo 3 months, but 2 cycles. We have one fur baby, the cutest maltese you ever did see, Loki. We are comic book nerds and I am a Disney nerd too. I was just promoted to Head Teller at the credit union I work for so that is going to be a not so fun conversation with them. I love my job, but I'm thinking about being a SAHM when baby comes. DH is a rocket scientist, really a mechanical engineer that contracts for NASA (I am a little proud of him). We are soulmates, not perfect, but perfect for each other. I look forward to getting to know you all and being on this jouney together!!
    I am 27, DH is 26.
    We have been married since September 28, 2013.
    We had our first child, Zoey, February 7, 2016.

images 300168
  • Options
    paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited June 2015
    Reinhrs said:

Hello from MN!

My hubby and I have been together for 10 yrs and married for 3 of them. We have a 9 yr boy, 5 yr girl, 2 yr boy; 2 dogs and 1 cat.

I'm currently due Feb 2 but we'll see if this changes at all next week at my first appt. Feeling mostly like crap all the time and was quite freaked out at first. We thought we were done and had gotten rid of all our equipment and lots of clothing;)

I'm an LPN, only been with this company since sept. he drives truck for a local company which is nice so he's home more than ever before. He trained and showed horses for quite a few years before giving it up and just riding as a hobby instead. Got tired of people not paying their bills. We all enjoy riding horses, swimming, sports, hunting and fishing...

Hoping to be able to stick around lurk some more;) thanks!

No hunting for us this year :(
  • Options
    Hello! I'm currently living in the great state of tx but am originally from just outside of Chicago and am 25 years old. DH and I have been together for almost 6 years but we just got married September of last year! We're expecting our first on 2/12/16 and are surprised and excited! I'm hypothyroid and have always had super irregular cycles so we thought it would take a while to get pregnant (if it ever happened)! Apparently being on BC for over 5 years helped get my cycle under control because I'll be 6 weeks tomorrow! We'll be adding to our mix of furry children: a dog, cat, and hedgehog :)
  • Options
    Hello,

I am from Toronto, Canada. I am due at the end of January with my second. My son will turn two in August. I am a teacher and am counting down the days until summer holidays. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    etozaetoza member
    Hello. I'm a 38 yr. old music teacher. This is my 2nd pregnancy. The lst, 3yrs ago ended w/a miscarrage. This pregnancy w/my SO was a surprise - even though we weren't doing anything to prevent it. Got my BFP 11dpo, just a few days before my missed cycle.

1st bloodwork was on 6/08/15-Progesterone 22.8, hCg 113

2nd blood work was on 6/10/15-hCg 201
    Numbers didn't quite double, so more blood work

3rd blood work was on 6/12/15-(had to wait for results over the weekend)-hCg 496! Then I experienced some cramping &clotting. Called the Dr. -more blood work!!!

4th bloodwork was on 6/15/15-results the very next day. . . . .hcg 2010!! to my surprise everything was o.k.

1st ultrasound scheduled for July 2. I pray to hear my "Lima Beans" heartbeat.

• Options
    Hi my name is crystal am 6 weeks today. I am a preschool teacher at head start, and ive been married for 5 years. This is my first pregnancy and I have already told my immediate family. My today is my first phone appt with the doctor. I have so many questions. Also can anyone tell my if your only able to post to the forums on your computer my tablet was acting nuts.
  • Options
    Hi there! I am 29 and live in Southern California. DH is 31 and we have been married 4 years. We have a wonderful 16 month old daughter. I have had two early miscarriages (6 weeks both times) since having her. I just found out this week I am pregnant and we are thrilled but a little anxious. My first doc app is at 6 weeks. As of today I'm 4 weeks along.

I was on the Feb 14 board for my daughter and I'm excited to get to know you ladies in this feb 16 board!
  • Options
    Hi everyone!! I'm Sarah and I'm 28 years old, my boyfriend Mike he is 30 and we live in Ohio with our 2 fur children Louie and Irie. This is our first pregnancy and we are very excited!! My estimated due date is February 9th. We are anxiously awaiting our first doctors appointment which is on the 29th.
    I look forward to chatting and sharing our experiences with everyone!! :)
  • Options
    Hi all!  I'm Kristen, I'm 34 years old & DH is 35.  We live in Northern/Central CA with our sweet chihuahua Martini.  This is my first pregnancy.

I'm little late to the party here on the BMB... I've cautiously tip toed over here from the TTGP board as we got our BFP last weekend!  Dr confirmed with blood work on Monday and am waiting on results from yesterday's blood test to see if HCG levels are increasing as they should.  As of now, EDD is 02/22/16.

I'm looking forward to going through this new journey with all of you lovely ladies!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SmallDogM0M209 I'm Kristen and 34 years old too! :D
    Pregnancy Ticker

September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall:
  • Options
    @kris10mac oh hey there fellow Kristen! :) Was your mom a Dallas fan too?  Apparently Kristen shot JR & the name stuck with my mom.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@kris10mac oh hey there fellow Kristen! :) Was your mom a Dallas fan too?  Apparently Kristen shot JR & the name stuck with my mom.

Ha! That's awesome. Nope. Both my parents made a list of names they liked and Kristen was the only one on both. So there you have it!
    Pregnancy Ticker

September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall:
  • Options
    Hi, my name is Jenni. I am 32 years old and live in Illinois. I am an optician and part time photographer. My husband is a carpenter. We have 2 sons ages 4 and 6. This pregnancy came as a shock to us, but we are excited.
  • Options
    My name is Erin, I'm 24 and I live in Minnesota! I am a special education teacher in a rural middle school and my hubby works for his family business. We've been married for 3 months, together for 2 years. To say we were surprised to get a positive pregnancy test is an understatement! I'm 5w5d and will have my first OB appointment at 8 weeks! We're both really excited to start this lifelong journey :)