June 2015 Moms
Options

Shameful Gender Disappointment

2»

Re: Shameful Gender Disappointment

• Options
    ftmdubai said:

Some rather strong replies on here. I think OP is saying she feels ashamed and guilty because she so desperately wants a daughter and feels bad about her feelings, not that she'd be ashamed of having a son. I'm sure she will very much love her son that doesn't mean she can't long for a daughter

Why are you reviving old threads? This is the second I've seen you do.
  • Options
    @Whootie When we found out at 14 weeks (we took it with a huge grain of salt - we'll confirm at the a/s in a few weeks), my sister asked if I was disappointed we were having a boy. I said I was a little sad we weren't have a girl - but if we were having a girl I'd have been a little said we weren't having a boy. I think it's very normal to have a few feelings of "what if" and sadness for the baby that isn't. Doesn't mean I'm not thrilled for this LO and I can't wait to meet him - but there were a few feelings of what if. I think your current thought process of taking it one day at a time and being excited for June, is the right attitude - I agree with PPs and that talking to a counselor could be very helpful, if you are feeling overwhelmed. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Whootie‌, I totally understand the dream of braids and taking you little girl into the salon with you. I'm also a cosmetologist and that was one thing I was super excited about! Now that I know I'm having a little boy all I can think about are the cute little hair cuts I'll give him and how much fun it'll be to teach him everything I know. Gender disappointment should be relabeled but it's very real. You have a lot of women giving you some excellent suggestions! I would recommend talking to some one like all the PP's have mentioned or talk to one of us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"