• Options
    I hope everyone is doing well tonight!!
  • Options
    Yep, let the 10PM scream fest commence.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Here's our problem. Any insight would be awesome. DS CAN roll both ways, but he doesn't know he can roll tummy to back (has the muscle strength and has done it once but can't figure out how to do it again). We put him down awake and he immediately rolls onto belly then gets mad because he's stuck and doesn't like being on his belly. This goes on and on until I finally give up and nurse to sleep. It's been working okay but he's getting worse and worse about needing nursed back to sleep at night- last night it was back to every 3 hours. Any suggestions? I don't feel like we can be successful with any CIO strategies until we get this rolling thing figured out!
  • Options
    I think we were coming out of the regression but we might be hitting teething. Ugh. Can't win. Last night it was about this time he started his hourly wakeups. We have friends staying over and all the bedrooms are at the same end of the house. I actually just put the RNP by my bed even though he hasn't been in it for weeks. If he starts in I will just have to put him by me so he doesn't wake our guests.
  • Options
    Tonight she cried for about 15 min I had to par her a bit at the end and she's been sleeping since 8:30 on her tummy. I think she may wake soon this is her usual wake up time.
  • Options
    I *might* be having some success with my late bedtime baby.  Well, bedtime is still late compared to most of your standards, but decent for me, haha... So he hasn't been going down for the night until after midnight most nights for quite a while now, and lately it's been closer to 1 or 2 in the morning.  Tonight I got him down at 9:30!  He just woke briefly at 11:10 and I nursed him back to sleep within 15-20 minutes- usually that doesn't work if he wants to stay up late, so I'm hoping this sticks.  He seems to be staying in sleep mode as opposed to truly waking up and wanting to play.

I think part of the success is that his sleep patterns just started changing on their own within the past few days.  Nothing I did.  He's turning 5 months tomorrow (or today, if it's after midnight).  His day sleep has vastly improved to where he'll take more solid naps instead of the multiple 30-45 minute cat naps he usually does.  This seems to be helping him sleep better at night as well, so far - we'll see how tonight goes.  Since he started waking up later and later in the morning (like nearly 11am yesterday!) I decided that I better wake him up earlier and try to impose a schedule on him.  Woke him up around 9am today.  Up for almost 2 hrs, down for a nap for 2 hrs.  I woke him up but he would have kept sleeping.  Up for another 2 hrs, down for another 2 hr nap and then I woke him up again.  Up another 2 hrs and he then took a 30 minute cat nap.  I wanted him to only take a catnap at that point and luckily that's what he wanted too.  Up again for 2 more hours before bed.  I don't give him a bath every night but tonight I did a bath as well as a little rocking and nursing to sleep. 

Here's hoping he sleeps the rest of the night until 8 or 9 tomorrow morning.  One MOTN feeding would be ok if needed.  I probably won't be that lucky, though!

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14
    BFP #2: 9.14.16, EDD: 5.24.17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Why do I get so anxious over baby sleep? Any little noise I hear over the monitor and I'm filled with dread...

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The day is here, my LO flipped over and is sleeping on her tummy!! She's been rolling for a while but for some reason today during her nap is the first time she did it in her crib. I'm a little nervous but I know she'll be okay!
  • Options
    Ok- my LO gets the same routine every night and goes to bed on her own. She used to sleep 8 hrs until this stupid regression. Now we get anywhere from 2-4 wakeups. I'm sure she's in the habit of being nursed back to sleep because I was always worried about her weight. Has anyone been successful with CIO starting MOTN instead of bedtime? I know she's at the point that she's not getting enough sleep because her naps are crappy too.
  • Options
    This sucks. She woke up at around 1:30 to eat. I nursed her and laid her back down. Then, we played the I will fuss and scream for about an hour and a half before I caved and just let her sleep with me. Ugh!

Yay for an awesome night @Justine2502‌!! I'm so glad you had a good night!
  • Options
    This thread makes me happy and sad all at the same time. I'm sad that so many of us have crappy sleepers but it makes me happy that I'm not alone with a baby who refuses to sleep well. It makes me feel less like I am just screwing up my kid because he doesn't STTN. I am also happy for all you ladies who are finally getting some longer stretches out of LO! I just let LO sleep with me after his first wake up now. I don't even bother trying to get him to lay back down because I don't want to listen to him scream for hours. He is in our room because we only have two bedrooms and I don't want him to wake DS1 up. It is harder to listen to the screaming when he is right next to our bed.
  • Options
    Well, we had one great night in the crib but last night was a nightmare. DD was up every hour and wouldn't sleep unless attached to the boob. Why is there no pattern to baby sleep?!
  • Options
    I don't get it either @Joycomesinthemorning‌. It's so inconsistent. I try not to get my hopes up when I have a good night.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options

I don't get it either @Joycomesinthemorning‌. It's so inconsistent. I try not to get my hopes up when I have a good night.

I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. It was just so encouraging! DH calls her my "stage 5 clinger"
  • Options
    We actually had a good night!! However, I didn't do any sort of bedtime routine except swaddling. She was also up 3 hours past her normal bedtime. She slept until 5, ate and back to sleep until 8. I never thought I'd say 8 was "sleeping in". These babies are crazy.

Also I'm curious to see what you ladies think. DD takes a nap every day arpund 530-630 then we do bath and other bedtime routines. Usually I try to have her asleep by 8. Sometimes if she naps a little longer I keep her up longer until she starts getting fussy. Then swaddle and bed. Should I try to cancel out that nap so close to her bedtime or start doing bedtime earlier or later? Why don't these kids come with a manual. Maybe I just need to trial and error but they change every day.
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • Options
    @RoccoBabyK‌ We have a late 5:30 or 6:00 cat nap too and bed around 7:30. I have tried to get rid of the last nap because babies are "supposed to" transition to 3 naps around 4 months. It is always a disaster when she misses that last nap (even if I try earlier bedtime) so for now we are sticking with what works!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

• Options
    We all need to repeat to ourselves that this is a phase and this will pass. The non-sleeping will become a distant memory and we will miss these sweet baby snuggles in the middle of the night.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Good morning ladies! Our night was...ok...I guess. Had that 9 pm screaming bloody murder stint and then slept till 12:30a (the good news there was that DH and I got to have some hanky panky! First time in quite a while. In hindsight I of course wish we had been sleeping instead. :) ). Then she was up at 3:30 and DH and I tried our hardest to get her back down without eating because I had nursed her at 12:30 but at 4:15 or so I gave in and fed her. At 12:30 I had only given her probably an ounce by my guesstimation and knowledge of my boobie production so it seemed reasonable that she could be truly hungry. After that I didn't hear from her again till 8.

@sweetpies, as far as getting her to go 6 hour stretches its nothing I really did. She used to sleep 9-9 with one wake up around 1-2 so I know she's capable of it and I decided to never go backwards and start feeding more overnight. If anything, all I do now is offer just one boob (probably about 2 ounces) vs. both boobs like I do for a full feeding. That usually gets her back to sleep easily but in my mind doesn't help contribute to making her rely on late night calories and that way she also wakes up hungry and it's a good start to our day. 

I'm working tonight so it's all on DH to get her to sleep! Everyone wish him luck! muahahaaha
  • Options
    My normally great sleeper has lost his friken mind! I have to put the pacifier back almost every hour and he has started eating in the middle of the might after sleeping through the night for a couple months. I don't know what is going on!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Anyone else's kids think 2am is playtime?? Last night he slept 8-2 and then was UP and wanted to play. I caved and put him in the swing so I could sleep...
    Aug' 14 July siggy challenge - Motivational Speaking For Momsimage

• Options
    Last night she woke around 1 and I missed her so I pulled her into the bed with me til 3 am. I put her in her crib and my mom brought her in around 6:30 and we cuddled til 8 I know it's bad but I missed her. I think I'm setting myself up for tonight.
  • Options
    Put LO down after nursing.. He made a noise and rolled over to sleep. Started crying after 30 minutes but only for 5 minutes. He has slept a lot more than usual today so I hope that means tonight is good!

• Options
    We had a rough day. LO has to be teething. ..he was so tired and cranky. Naps were terrible. Idk if that bodes for a bad night or if he will be so
  • Options
    I work one of my random subbing days tomorrow so I won't hold my breath for a good nights sleep.

I wish everyone lots of luck and lots of sleep tonight.
                             imageimageimage
              Emma June 8/22/2014
  • Options
    AyannaPCAyannaPC member
    edited January 2015
    Seriously! My bf has been uneasy about CIO but we are doing it any. He says it's cruel he is okay with her sleeping on his chest. So tonight he got upset and calls his mother to tell her about it. She spoke to me to tell me that We should do it gradually and not all at once.....what? What what?

He is currently patting her to sleep in her crib. I keep telling him he's making it worse and eventually he's going to make this process longer that it should be
  • Options
    AyannaPC said:

Seriously! My bf has been uneasy about CIO but we are doing it any. He says it's cruel he is okay with her sleeping on his chest. So tonight he got upset and calls his mother to tell her about it. She spoke to me to tell me that o should do it gradually and not all at once.....what? What what?

My H said this too. Then, he started realizing how I was losing my mind from lack of sleep. He jumped on board once he saw how bad off my sleeping arrangements were. He must've not have heard her crying over his snoring.

Seriously, you do whatever you are comfortable with. It is really easy for others to have these opinions when they aren't the ones losing sleep.
  • Options
    Just got home from work. LO was tough for H to get down. We'll see that means for me tonight. I start school again tomorrow so I need at least a 4 hour stretch baby girl!
  • Options
    Every hour since 9pm!!! And he's nursed too!! And now I've changed a full diaper given him teething tablets since he seemed bothered and as I'm rocking to put him back to sleep he's pooping... It's been a long night, and it's only 4 am

Andplusalso when I did sleep I had a terrible nightmare :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I had what we Consider a good night :)!!! 2 MOTN wake ups to nurse as opposed to the 6-8 we are use to! We started to try and feed him more during the day and just started letting him CIO if I know we just put him down and he's fine... 2 might still be a lot for some but for us it was amazing lol
  • Options
    Ugh! Worst night ever. Not only was LO up every hour, DD1 woke up twice. I don't think I was even able to sleep for a full hour at a time.
  • Options
    Yeah, we're back to square one. At least H is willing to stay up late with him...

Married since 8.2.08
    DS born 8.11.14

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jamjoyful said:

Ugh! Worst night ever. Not only was LO up every hour, DD1 woke up twice. I don't think I was even able to sleep for a full hour at a time.

UGH I'M SO SORRY :(

We didn't have a bad night. Woke up twice for the paci but fell back asleep very quickly.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Options
    Sounds like progress @Justine2502‌! I'm so glad!!

@cpollard90‌ we decided on our own because LO will literally not sleep anywhere except with me. After five months, I'm ready to sleep on my own. We made some progress but like I said last night was rough. The first night it took 90 minutes of her crying on and off. Last night, it took two minutes for her to fall asleep on her own.
  • Options
    Here we go... DS has been sleeping terribly (maybe a 2-3hr stretch all the rest are 25-90mins) for quite sometime now and between working full time, DH only home 2 (3 if I'm lucky) nights a week, DD/pets waking up once in s while and DS not sleeping in not sure how much longer I can do it so he is in his crib now and he is not happy about it. I hate every second of it and was hoping it wouldn't come to this but even if I can still function it's not healthy for me to just be getting a few 20-40 minute naps each night. Hoping he settles soon....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"