January 2015 Moms
Options

Saturday Randoms

Re: Saturday Randoms

• Options
    Good luck to all the mamas in labor!!

Today was my due date and we celebrated by getting our first and only three hour stretch of sleep!!
  • Options
    Today is my due date. I really hope my little guy wants to be on time and not late. I'm trying everything I can to encourage labor:walking at least 1 mile daily, acupuncture 3 times last week, membrane sweep at my last appointment, evening primrose oil capsules (taken orally), raspberry tea leaf tea and sex.Come on Josh, quit making me wait!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mshepherd20mshepherd20 member
    edited January 2015

This boy is gassy. He's grunting and grunting. No crying, but I still feel terrible. Trying everything to help him get some farts and burps out.

Have you tried moving his legs around? Sometimes that helps LO who is quite gassy as well. Burping him on his belly while resting on your arm helps sometimes too. :) 
    I do it all. He was ripping some mean ones earlier. No grunts now.

Maybe he didn't like the Chinese food we had for dinner the other night..
    ----------------- quote fail -------------------

Lillian can be so gassy sometimes too. I always forget that I have to watch what I eat because some of the food really gets her going!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    papapalie said:

We had problems with Xander not wanting to sleep in his pack and play last night. He slept for 4 hour the first stretch then he was up for like an hour wanting to be held. I ended up bringing him in bed with me.

Now this morning he won't stop spitting up. I burp him often but he just spits up quite a bit at a time then goes to eat more and keeps going. Would some gripe water or gas drops help you think???

Those won't help with spit up, as they're really just to ease gas pains. Spit up can be normal, but if it's large amounts continually, I would talk to the pediatrician. Vivie will spit up if she eats too fast or too much, so I usually feed an ounce, burp, wait a minute, and feed an ounce again. I also make sure to keep her upright after the feeding for a decent amount of time so that it all digests. My H put her down almost immediately one night and I woke up to find her covered in spit up on her face, in her hair, in the pack and play. It scared me because I worry about her aspirating! They make special formula for spit up prone babies as well, although it is a little more expensive and I can't speak to its helpfulness, and I'm not sure if you're EBF or EFF.
  • Options

This boy is gassy. He's grunting and grunting. No crying, but I still feel terrible. Trying everything to help him get some farts and burps out.

I used to did the I love you colic massage and bicycle the legs. If your baby still likes to be crunched up they might not be happy with it, but it worked well for my gassy son.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
    I could hold you for a million years to make you feel my love.
  • Options
    Camping out in bed today. Nursing hurts more than I expected especially since her latch is good. Hoping my milk comes in soon so she isn't camped out there so long.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
  • Options
    4littlebears4littlebears member
    edited January 2015
    My baby's got it's hand over it's head and is having trouble coming down low enough. They're going to recheck in 2 hrs but not ruling out the possibility of a csec. So they haven't broken my water yet either.
  • Options
    Lots of T&Ps your way @4littlebears‌
    .image

• Options
    I did a nesting equivalent of grocery shopping and spent $200 at walmart this morning. I know that isn't totally outrageous, but it's only DH and I. I just kept thinking "What am I maybe going to run out of in three weeks?"

Also, the pipes in our laundry room are frozen. Going to my MIL's to wash my clothes is not my idea of a good time, but it's better than a laundromat I guess.
  • Options
    @4littlebears‌ Good luck! Tell that baby to put their hand down. My poor SIL pushed for almost 3 hours because my niece had her hands by her face. But she came out fine!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    One of my sons spilled milk on a chair and we cleaned it up. I totally forgot about it and say on the chair a couple of hours later. It had mostly dried but my pants were damp and so I was in total freak out mode until I realized my water did not indeed break.
    After 2 losses, IVF #2 brought us our little boys.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Now we're waiting on our miracle baby ... a little GIRL!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've had contractions on and off since 3:30 am. I got excited but then they slowed down..darn. I think my body is at least starting to prep my cervix and position the baby...that's what I'm telling myself anyway. :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck to all the mommies in labor right now! And send some of those vibes over to me and @YaMrWhite!
    In the past couple days, I've tried sexy time, greasy food, spicy food, walks, pineapple, nipple stimulation (my H's fave). These better get the show on the road. I'm only one day past EDD, but I find myself growing impatient waiting for her arrival.

Pregnancy Ticker

January '15 January Siggy Challenge: Newborn/Baby Fails

• Options

I think today I'm just gonna sit on the couch and watch Pioneer Woman.  I have about 40 episodes on the DVR and find her show comforting.

Wow I do the same thing with this show! I always thought I didn't like her, and then I tried dvr'ing a few episodes. Now I can roll through like 4 or 5, she makes the most indulgent food haha. Perfect for pregnancy viewing!!
  • Options

Today is a good day. Some days I am totally over being pregnant and others (like today) I think I can totally rock this another 1-2 weeks.

I sent DH out to get me starbucks. That always helps! ;)

Any day that I get to indulge in a latte seems a little bit more manageable :)
  • Options
    Im feeling pretty much DONE. MH has been on my nerves lately. I have no patience for DS lately. I'm just a large, pregnant, cranky bitch.

It doesnt help that MH is laid off right now and we're waiting on unemployment to come through,.so we have zero dollars coming in at the moment.

Also, Mh likes to disappear outside working on various "projects" all day (none of.which ever get finished), leaving me to entertain our toddler all day. Thanks, dh. But if you're home...you share the parenting workload.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been so tired lately. I didn't fall asleep until after 1:30am, but woke up at 8:30, fell back asleep at 11:00 and slept until 3:30. I could have slept longer but I had to pee and decided to stay away and make dinner and brownies. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Peanut keeps getting randomly congested, like huge sticky booger that blocks her whole nostril until I can suction it out. (Sorry that was so graphic).

I'm getting so frustrated because it gets worse at night and I can't lay her down in the basinet to sleep. Then it was so bad she gagged and threw up this afternoon. Nothing is really helping her and I just want to cry because I can't make it better.
  • Options
    Yeah @LaBellaVida‌, let's go Seahawks! It's been a lazy day and I can't wait to watch the game! :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @raveness I tried nipple stimulation today, took a long walk, cleaned more, and ate the second hottest wings from
    Buffalo Wild Wings and all it got me was more mucus plug lost. I swear I've lost the size of a softball over the past few days. This is lame!!
    Stephanie Ella ~ 6/15/2012
  • Options
    40+5 going on 40+6, I have literally tried everything short of EPO and castor oil. Feeling on the verge of completely losing it. Every day is like one giant BH contraction! DH didn't get the promotion he was hoping for, so he's a real joy to be around tonight. Just really ready to be done, but I'm still considering rescheduling my induction from Tuesday, I want this baby to come on her own time....right now. ~X(
  • Options
    This kid! 8 hours of contractions 4 minutes apart. Waiting on the midwife to get here to check on things and they have now slowed to 10 minutes but are much more intense. What the heck? Either labor or don't but stop psyching me out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tkr7c9tkr7c9 member
    edited January 2015
    papapalie said:

papapalie said:

We had problems with Xander not wanting to sleep in his pack and play last night. He slept for 4 hour the first stretch then he was up for like an hour wanting to be held. I ended up bringing him in bed with me.

Now this morning he won't stop spitting up. I burp him often but he just spits up quite a bit at a time then goes to eat more and keeps going. Would some gripe water or gas drops help you think???

Those won't help with spit up, as they're really just to ease gas pains. Spit up can be normal, but if it's large amounts continually, I would talk to the pediatrician. Vivie will spit up if she eats too fast or too much, so I usually feed an ounce, burp, wait a minute, and feed an ounce again. I also make sure to keep her upright after the feeding for a decent amount of time so that it all digests. My H put her down almost immediately one night and I woke up to find her covered in spit up on her face, in her hair, in the pack and play. It scared me because I worry about her aspirating! They make special formula for spit up prone babies as well, although it is a little more expensive and I can't speak to its helpfulness, and I'm not sure if you're EBF or EFF.
    I am EBF, I know that I have a ton of milk so that is a problem. I also worry about aspiration :( I try to keep him upright for quite a while and that's how I know he spits up so much. He isn't in any pain or anything he just spits up and then does it again a little later with no emotion. It is just frustrating because it makes me think he is getting too much too fast but then he wants to go get more right away.
    Have you tried laying back when you BF? I have too much milk as well and it comes out really fast, my LC said in positions where you are leaning back gravity will work in your favor... Seems to help us with the spit up issue from eating too much too fast.
  • Options
    tkr7c9 said:

papapalie said:

papapalie said:

I am EBF, I know that I have a ton of milk so that is a problem. I also worry about aspiration :( I try to keep him upright for quite a while and that's how I know he spits up so much. He isn't in any pain or anything he just spits up and then does it again a little later with no emotion. It is just frustrating because it makes me think he is getting too much too fast but then he wants to go get more right away.
    Have you tried laying back when you BF? I have too much milk as well and it comes out really fast, my LC said in positions where you are leaning back gravity will work in your favor... Seems to help us with the spit up issue from eating too much too fast.
    You can also express some milk into a towel if you are very full. That will help the milk come a little slower. Also listen for him to start gulping and unlatch as quick as you can. Let the milk flow into a towel and once it stops re latch and continue with the feeding. They will get better at handle the flow and supply with age. Hang in there.

Dec '12 & Jan '15
  • Options
    YaMrWhite said:
    @raveness I tried nipple stimulation today, took a long walk, cleaned more, and ate the second hottest wings from Buffalo Wild Wings and all it got me was more mucus plug lost. I swear I've lost the size of a softball over the past few days. This is lame!!
    Ugh... I guess we just keep hanging in there and hope for sooner rather than later.

On a side note, watching Seahawks game with DH. He is a hardcore Broncos fan. Told him a joke: 
    Q: What's the difference between the Broncos and cigarettes? 
    A: Russell Wilson doesn't smoke cigarettes 
    He was not as amused as I was. :D

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Pregnancy Ticker

January '15 January Siggy Challenge: Newborn/Baby Fails

• Options
    MLC1990 said:

Peanut keeps getting randomly congested, like huge sticky booger that blocks her whole nostril until I can suction it out. (Sorry that was so graphic).

I'm getting so frustrated because it gets worse at night and I can't lay her down in the basinet to sleep. Then it was so bad she gagged and threw up this afternoon. Nothing is really helping her and I just want to cry because I can't make it better.

We had the same issue!! I brought it up at our growth appt yesterday, concerned there was something more going on. It's just the dryness. She recommended saline drops and suction. I got the Little Remedies saline drops and they've done wonders! No more stuffy baby.
  • Options
    Haven't had the time to read past the birth announcements. It's been a crazy week. My little guys bili levels skyrocketed over the week. He's currently in the NICU, doing much better & will hopefully be coming home soon.

Just stopped by to congratulate everyone on all their beautiful babies & wish everyone luck on all the babies that will be arriving soon.
  • Options
    My child is having a field day head butting my cervix...this is one of those moments when I'm done being pregnant.

• Options
    Well, I didn't get a pedicure or shave my lady area today, so I'm not going to be pretty for L&D if that happens soon, but oh well.

DH's work poker night was fun. The people were nice, they had San Pellegrino, and DS played nicely with the hostess' daughters. DH ended up really wanting me to make this one appetizer where you cut cross-sections of jalapeño peppers, stuff them with cream cheese, wrap them with bacon, and then bake until the bacon is crispy. They were a big hit even though I'm not a big fan of bacon (I know, I'm weird). My hands are still burning - maybe I should wear gloves next time I cut jalapeños.
  • Options
    Food poisoning. Breastfeeding. So. Much. Fun.
  • Options

Michigan winters suck!! I want to go out and see sun and no snow

Edit: those overdue, I hope water breaks riiiiiiiiiighttttttt...now ;)

Seriously. I want to go outside and use my new awesome stroller! By the time I can do that, the bassinet feature will be useless. Really cool. :(

It physically hurts to be outside. Why do we live somewhere where the air hurts?

That's why my in-laws won't go home! They left Michigan on Dec 22nd and will split their time between Texas and Florida until the end of February. Hopefully they don't spend the majority of that time at our house. I miss my alone time with my little family.
  • Options
    kellyfo14kellyfo14 member
    edited January 2015
    Made it through DD'S birthday party! It was a big hit all round. :) Now I just have to wait till Wednesday for my RCS. I have plenty to do between now and then but it feels like a million years till then. Doesn't help that I am anxious about the surgery. It is my 3rd Csec so it is going to take a little longer and I am just ready to be in recovery holding my little squish!

Pedicure with DD tomorrow. Her birthday is stretching out for days this year. It will be nice for us to get some one on one time before baby comes. DS3 is my little shadow so we are always together. Looking forward to someone massaging my feet since that doesn't seem to be one of DH's priorities.

Edit: typo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"