Options

Wanting to have a baby is selfish?

2»

Re: Wanting to have a baby is selfish?

• Options
    MauiBliss said:
    JGERWERT said:
    Not your fault bitch wasn't wanted.
    @Yenisbabytwo‌ This is super offensive to those who were adopted and completely uncalled for. Anyhoo OP, glad you don't have to work with her anymore. Honestly if you break it down to the fundamentals, having babies can be considered selfish but that's not a reason not to have them and folks shouldn't be called out for it. And I doubt most people would adopt even if they chose not to have kids. As someone mentioned above adoption is an expensive and drawn out process. You have to be a very special kind of person to adopt. And bless those folks.

I agree, what was a little extreme. As I mentioned, I have nothing against adoption and I don't think that every child put up for adoption is necessarily "unwanted."  Those parents just may have not had the resources to provide an extraordinary life.  This could really turn into a debate that I'm not going to get into.

As far as my lovely coworker, she's actually an EX coworker now, so problem is solved. I'm still mind blown, but definitely relieved that she is gone!

Thanks again, everyone for your support! I was kinda in a rut there and getting really irritated, so I really needed everything you all have said. :)

This is toeing the line, too. But you're at least not straight up insulting adopted children and the birth parents who make that decision. 

I'm sorry that you feel that way, I truly am. However, no one can speak for every single person in the world, and that's why it was put that way.
  • Options
    MauiBliss said:
    JGERWERT said:
    MauiBliss said:
    JGERWERT said:
    Not your fault bitch wasn't wanted.
    @Yenisbabytwo‌ This is super offensive to those who were adopted and completely uncalled for. Anyhoo OP, glad you don't have to work with her anymore. Honestly if you break it down to the fundamentals, having babies can be considered selfish but that's not a reason not to have them and folks shouldn't be called out for it. And I doubt most people would adopt even if they chose not to have kids. As someone mentioned above adoption is an expensive and drawn out process. You have to be a very special kind of person to adopt. And bless those folks.

I agree, what was a little extreme. As I mentioned, I have nothing against adoption and I don't think that every child put up for adoption is necessarily "unwanted."  Those parents just may have not had the resources to provide an extraordinary life.  This could really turn into a debate that I'm not going to get into.

As far as my lovely coworker, she's actually an EX coworker now, so problem is solved. I'm still mind blown, but definitely relieved that she is gone!

Thanks again, everyone for your support! I was kinda in a rut there and getting really irritated, so I really needed everything you all have said. :)

This is toeing the line, too. But you're at least not straight up insulting adopted children and the birth parents who make that decision. 

I'm sorry that you feel that way, I truly am. However, no one can speak for every single person in the world, and that's why it was put that way.
    Whatever, dude. You're on the post-it now, too. Your coworker being adopted was never even fucking relevant to this conversation. You opened that door. Glad you can go back to work and not have to face someone's arrogant, shitty opinion every day. Ironically. 
    Ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"