September 2012 Moms
Options

Hump day!

1235»

Re: Hump day!

• Options
    I'm just hesitant to sign up for something if it's not going to work for him, you know?  It's embarrassing the amount of product I have in my house.  I'm a beauty product hoarder.  I found stuff in my stash from when I worked for Aveda and that was 8 years ago.  Bleh.  

Fingers crossed that the Shea Moisture stuff works for him.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    @flamingemu I ordered $100 worth, and that was after I used a 40 or 50% off coupon. 

Now I'm wishing I would have ordered more for gifts.  I ordered a couple for gifts.  The day you were born (is that what it's called?) was big and really cute.  My dad loves me is really cute too.  I got that as a gift for DH. 
    I love, love, love the day you were born. It is one of my favorite books for L. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm just hesitant to sign up for something if it's not going to work for him, you know?  It's embarrassing the amount of product I have in my house.  I'm a beauty product hoarder.  I found stuff in my stash from when I worked for Aveda and that was 8 years ago.  Bleh.  

I'll see about getting you some samples! Then at least you can try. I can always buy a bottle for you and send it your way!

• Options
    I haven't read other people's responses, but @BobKat22... seriously girl, you rock. Good for you for calling her out. You should definitely send in that review. I'm sure you aren't the first person she has done this to, and you will likely not be the last. She needs to know it's not okay to blast off about her clients--even if it is 'for entertainment purposes'. I'm sure she wouldn't be super happy if you were like 'oh well that's because I'm on this internet forum and everyone there thinks you're a cunt.' Interwebz. Public. I'm happy that you have a new caregiver, and I'm sure this one will be amazing! 
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    edited December 2014
    Pokedot said:

@tinyhumantoe and @flamingemu I found a Groupon for them. Is this a good deal?

ETA: Apparently the Groupon link would work:

1 Book=$12

3 Books=$34

5 Books=$49

Wow, these are the Put Me in the Story prices? Yes, that is good. I was just pinning Find Me If You Can for Valentine's gifts and it is $25.

And Groupon is 6% ebates! Bought!

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    MelsaX said:
    I will livebump it. If only I could add sound so you guys could enjoy the sound of socks and crocs laughter. Although it's so loud you could probably hear it where you are if you were quiet enough. Maybe him and his wife will bring food that has cat hair in it again this year. Man, I can only hope.
    OMG, I'm dying
    =))
  • Options
    kdsmith43kdsmith43 member
    edited December 2014
    MelsaX said:
    I will livebump it. If only I could add sound so you guys could enjoy the sound of socks and crocs laughter. Although it's so loud you could probably hear it where you are if you were quiet enough. Maybe him and his wife will bring food that has cat hair in it again this year. Man, I can only hope.
    Stop it right meow. I'm crying   =))

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Pokedot said:

I'll see about getting you some samples! Then at least you can try. I can always buy a bottle for you and send it your way!
    Wow--that's really nice of you, thank you!  If you can, awesome, if not, no biggie and I'll let you know if I have to move on from the Shea stuff. :-(  I feel bad.  It doesn't seem like it's bothering him in the least, but it bothers me that his little head is all bumpy.  You can't even see anything.  It's just rough and sad feeling. Poor little guy.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    @pokedot those are great prices
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    Pokedot said:

Wow--that's really nice of you, thank you!  If you can, awesome, if not, no biggie and I'll let you know if I have to move on from the Shea stuff. :-(  I feel bad.  It doesn't seem like it's bothering him in the least, but it bothers me that his little head is all bumpy.  You can't even see anything.  It's just rough and sad feeling. Poor little guy.

No problem. I know the rep in our area. Hopefully I'll have them out to you Friday? I'll PM you for your address when I get them! You're lucky I can just stick a few stamps on them and not have to go to the post office ;)

• Options
    @pokedot, I'd never expect you to go to the worst place on earth during the busiest time of the year. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options
    I ordered the Groupon too. Thanks THT. I should have just went on the website and looked. Too many things going on in my brain at the moment.

• Options
    It's official.

I'm over Mumford & Sons.  Every time they come on Pandora, I want to throw my computer out a window.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Options

@MarisaKathleen I got a sample for you! Hopefully I can send it tomorrow. PM me your address please! :)

• Options
    I have a TMI confession. I've been changing my underwear 3xs through the night. Half the times I've changed my sleep shirt too because I'm drenched from a fever breaking, but half the time im pretty sure it's just pee because I am coughing so hard.

And I'm definitely slowly peeing my pants with my day coughs too, despite wearing a liner. I have been washing all 3 yoga pants I have every night and thank god I am not at work peeing in dress pants.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • Options
    @BobKat22, please keep us posted...I can only imagine how nervous/angry I would feel until my daughter was back safe in my arms. And I agree, send in that paperwork! 

@tinyhumantoe, hope you start feeling better soon!

I've got serious Christmas gift buying fatigue! I'll think I have everyone covered, then realized I've missed someone. One more week....

• Options
    watercolor5watercolor5 member
    edited December 2014
    @bobkat22 I'm so glad you are finally rid of that woman.  Please mail in the review!

@tinyhumantoe I feel so bad you're so sick.  There should be a rule against being sick and pregnant.

I've been scrambling to try to read these every day! 

Sophia STILL has cradle cap.  Her pedi just recommended anti-dandruff shampoo which didn't work and made her hair greasy.  I kind of just gave up because it seemed like I'd need to really scrub at her head to get rid of the flaking, and she acts like it hurts any time I gently pick a scale from her hair.  It's slowly clearing up on its own, but good grief, I had no idea it could last 2+ years.  Julia doesn't have it though.

I felt guilty for not sending a Christmas letter with my photo card this year, but I just didn't have anything to say.  I like them when major life events have taken place- babies, moves, etc, but only like the ones where people brag on their kids' after school activities or honor role or fancy vacations when they're so overboard that they can be laughed at. 

@hyaline your cat's letter was an adorable twist!

I was so over being a SAHM today... I just want to run away from my kids.  It's after bedtime at least, though Sophia is running around her room and keeps flicking the door stop spring.  I keep hearing Boing! 

The highlight of my day was finding out that the local stride rite was having a 70% off store-closing sale.  Amazing!

ETA: @BPer You're not getting him fired, his behavior is (or should.)  If you can't change how you act after professional warnings, then you won't just suddenly change, and I'm sure you're not the only woman in his wife he's making uncomfortable.  Social ineptitude is not an excuse.
  • Options
    @BobKat22‌ I'm glad you're home now and done dealing with crazy daycare. Hopefully you will adore your new nanny.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    I'm not gonna lie. Yesterday wore me out.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    I forgot to tell you guys this crazy story. We met FIL for lunch on Sat. After lunch, we got in the car and DH realized he forgot to give his dad some paperwork. He called him and they had just pulled into a store down the block.We got there a few minutes later and they told us there were 3 little kids in the backseat of a car there. FIL's GF's daughter saw them. Some other people parked across from the car (diagonally) came to see what was going on and said the car had been there since they parked there and they had already eaten their lunch in their car. The woman in that car called the police and reported it and we hung out to make sure the kids were okay (the 2 little ones were asleep, I think they were 2, 2, and 6). The man came out of the store just before the cops got there. At that point, we had been there for about 10 min and the other couple for about 25. The cops had to get a record of the call from DH to FIL and the couple had a receipt that was timestamped for their lunch. The man was not happy. He tried to tell the cops that he had gone into the store for 5 min. No way. I realize it was a mild day (45), but who knows what could have happened. They were alone for a long time and town was really busy that day. Scary.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    @jenndub‌ I thought of you last night (in the non creepiest way possible). DH and I have been watching Criminal Minds on Netflix and Dan from OTH was on an episode. He was the bad guy and I totally called it. How could he not be? DH was always a big Dan fan when I watched, so he liked that.
    Aria September 18, 2012
    Baby Due April 17, 2015
  • Options
    27boo said:

@jenndub‌ I thought of you last night (in the non creepiest way possible). DH and I have been watching Criminal Minds on Netflix and Dan from OTH was on an episode. He was the bad guy and I totally called it. How could he not be? DH was always a big Dan fan when I watched, so he liked that.

Oooooohhhhh, now I'm going to start watching Criminal Minds! Thanks.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Options
    PenelopePondPenelopePond member
    edited December 2014
    Effing crap. AF just showed on CD 9/barely 10. Wtf.

Edit: DPO not CD.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • Options
    What's up.  I like Christmas letters because they're usually awful, disgustingly boastful, or I actually appreciate the update (the minority). 

I don't have a thing for MIL or FIL for Christmas.  MIL asked for bath towels and now BIL & SIL are wanting to go in together on some.  What?  I mean, why the F would we split the cost of bath towels when she really does a lot for our kids.  What counts as bath towels?  I'm thinking 6-8 large white nice towels?  I don't even know what color to do other than white. 
    If she's anything like MIL, she will only be content with pepto-bismal pink towels  :-&

• Options
    BPer said:
    @bper what did he say??
    So there's this big initiative by our HR department to use this Virgin Pulse fitness tracker.  They think employees that are more invested in their health will take less sick days, or something.

So my boss was discussing the program with the HR director while I was standing there (we were at some reception).

The conversation went like this:

HR Director: Jessica, have you started using Pulse? There's money to be made! $400 a year!
    My boss (before I could answer): Does she LOOK like she's using it?
    Me: As an HR professional, I'd like you to note that Per just called me fat...in front of you.
    What an ultimate d-bag!

Also, I'd just like to add that when I started this ridiculously long thread yesterday, I had no idea I wouldn't have time to come back and play. Off to see what craziness is in today's post ...

• Options
    BobKat22 said:
    I did it guys. Not in a cocky way, but I killed her with kindness and professionalism and left her stammering in shock. Long version- DH was supposed to tell her yesterday at pick up a nice version of why we found other care. Then I was going to address the blog after her last day. Well, she loaded him down with Christmas gifts and crafts and he couldn't find the balls to say it. So I called last night. I started out by thanking her for the Christmas gift, asked if DD could bring cupcakes to the daycare Christmas party today, chatted about Christmas happenings, and then apologized for telling her over the phone but we found other care due to convenience. It went well. She understood. We talked about when the two weeks notice would be up and other formalities. I then said I wanted to discuss one other thing and I hoped it wouldn't cause any awkwardness and I would like to end on a positive note. I told her I read her blog post about us and while I was thoroughly pissed at the time, I am over it, but I did want to tell her I wasn't happy about it and how unprofessional I thought it was. "Uh uh uh....what blog...what post" Oh you know, the one about Hadley saying bit fuck. She owned it. I was impressed. She justified it by saying she didn't use names and it was just an exaggeration to be used for entertainment. I told her it was unfortunate that she would use one of her daycare families as entertainment. Her next response had panic in it and she asked if I still had the reference questionnaire I was supposed to send in to DHS so she could finish up her licensing. I've been holding on to it claiming that I keep forgetting to mail it in. She told me not to send it in because it was for people who had good things to say about her and this was exactly why she closed down her daycare before. Then she started questioning me on how I could see the blog. I told her she posted something on the internet. It's public. She said she didn't have time to play detective to find out how I did that, like I was wrong for reading it. This chick is a world class flipper in times of distress. I told her I didn't appreciate the personal attacks and it was unfortunate she felt that way about us. She stammered some more. Then she told me hurriedly that I didn't need to bring DD on the days we agreed to end care. I told her I wanted to honor our contract and could look past this and she told me my money wasn't needed and hung up on me. Today was the Christmas party. I dressed her up really nice and DH dropped her off. She sat at the door holding her wrapped book so excited for the book exchange and DH could hear the sitter yelling not to open the door. One of her kids let them inside. She wouldn't speak to DH, but was nice to DD. He left. She then texted me to ask which day would be her last. I was PISSED by that point. I told her she obviously had no interest in keeping her so today would be the last day and I was happy DD could enjoy the Christmas party. Now I'm sitting at work in tears. She started sending me text after text in that legal speak she tries to use to sound intellegent. I responded appropriately. We have been going back and forth and it's getting nasty now. I tried so hard to be the bigger person, but I finally sent her a not so nice message. Now I want DD to leave NOW and I can't leave to get her.
    Holy crap @BobKat22, good for you for calling her out on it. I'm sure your DD had a good last day, and I'm SO glad you no longer have to deal with this crazy B. Obviously, you know this, as do all of us here, but she is the one in the wrong.

• Options
    27boo said:
    I forgot to tell you guys this crazy story. We met FIL for lunch on Sat. After lunch, we got in the car and DH realized he forgot to give his dad some paperwork. He called him and they had just pulled into a store down the block.We got there a few minutes later and they told us there were 3 little kids in the backseat of a car there. FIL's GF's daughter saw them. Some other people parked across from the car (diagonally) came to see what was going on and said the car had been there since they parked there and they had already eaten their lunch in their car. The woman in that car called the police and reported it and we hung out to make sure the kids were okay (the 2 little ones were asleep, I think they were 2, 2, and 6). The man came out of the store just before the cops got there. At that point, we had been there for about 10 min and the other couple for about 25. The cops had to get a record of the call from DH to FIL and the couple had a receipt that was timestamped for their lunch. The man was not happy. He tried to tell the cops that he had gone into the store for 5 min. No way. I realize it was a mild day (45), but who knows what could have happened. They were alone for a long time and town was really busy that day. Scary.

People are such idiots!  How does anyone even think that is ok?  I'm glad you were able to help those poor kids.  Ugh.
  • Options
    hmp1 said:
    MrsKipper said:
    Baby shots can suck it!! Camden had his 6m shots plus half the flu shot yesterday and we're currently at 1.5 hours trying to get a morning nap in. It's been a screamfest all morning even with ibuprofen and constant nursing. Seriously, suck it.
    James is getting his 4 year shot(s?) tomorrow. I thought it would be best to prep him and told him on Monday when I was going down the schedule for the week. He started to cry and asked to call DH. I felt terrible. Tomorrow should be fun.

Only to here, sorry if this has been addressed, I don't think there are any 4 yr shots unless you are on a delayed schedule.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • Options
    I started pinning Easter gifts last night. Things I do when DH is gone instead of cleaning.

I want to find this wallet for Leo so bad b
    hmp1 said:
    MrsKipper said:
    Baby shots can suck it!! Camden had his 6m shots plus half the flu shot yesterday and we're currently at 1.5 hours trying to get a morning nap in. It's been a screamfest all morning even with ibuprofen and constant nursing. Seriously, suck it.
    James is getting his 4 year shot(s?) tomorrow. I thought it would be best to prep him and told him on Monday when I was going down the schedule for the week. He started to cry and asked to call DH. I felt terrible. Tomorrow should be fun.

Only to here, sorry if this has been addressed, I don't think there are any 4 yr shots unless you are on a delayed schedule.
    I don't think we were delayed. Not on purpose anyways. He got 4 vacs (5 with the flu) so 2 shots and 1 mist. No more shots until 11! He did awesome. Didn't fuss at all.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    My pedi goes from 2 to 4 without shots so Leo is done until 4. Maybe some do some at 3?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    hmp1 said:
    My pedi goes from 2 to 4 without shots so Leo is done until 4. Maybe some do some at 3?
    I think we went from 2 to 5 with no shots.  My 2 minutes of google searching shows that some of the shots are from 4-6, so my guess is your pedi does it at 4 whereas others do it at 5.    

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"