February 2015 Moms

Hump Day Spam

Re: Hump Day Spam

• Hernsy said:
    @michelle142 - benedryl is on the approved list from my doc from the beginning.  I have to take it at night because it promptly knocks me out.  I just take the regular 2 pill dosage.
    Good deal, thank you!
    It's printed on my "ok list",  but no dosage is listed - which seems stupid.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...

• @DronkeyGal‌ @psychobutthead‌ salmon and white beans are both great sources of potassium.

Salmon shoots my sugar levels up so I can only eat white fish. But I will try beans. Swigs of coconut water just seems easier for me with all the food restrictions I currently have.

That's weird. I know everyone reacts different to food but salmon is one of my safest foods when my sugar is high.
  • I got asked to do an all day photo shoot on location... at the end of January. They know that I'm due 2/11, and they're making me feel like I'm the only one that can do this. So not only would I have to lug a 9ft backdrop, backdrop stand, lights, camera, etc from my car to the location and back, but I'd be shooting all day AND I'd have a TON of editing to do. As much as I would love the extra money before LO is born.... I kind of want to tell them to shove it.

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

Being able to get out of bed on the first try

• @CogDis‌ - mine was mainly centralized in my ears! Every time my husband spoke I was like "WHAT?!" My hearing was muffled and I felt like I was always screaming. For two weeks it was very painful and then it just started to slowly go away... I'd say I only had the infection for about a week but the extra fluid in my ears hung out FOREVER! Hoping you recover much quicker!

@psychobutthead‌ - I am loving the Jessica Simpson jeans I picked up! If you can snag a coupon they'd be about the same price as the Liz Lange ones. I love the Liz tops but haven't tried on a pair of jeans that were worth the price tag.
  • @racheltherose‌ I am due 2/11 also. Yep I'd tell them no way (but in my head I would definitely be saying shove it lol).
  • Trin42 said:
    @michelle142 how horrible! How serious was the stroke?  FWIW, DH's friend had a stroke in his 40's and he fully recovered and it's been 10+ years since.
    It wasn't very serious (as far as strokes go), but she refused an ambulance and medical attention at first - so things could have ended badly. Thank goodness they didn't. She finally went to the ER yesterday and has a followup today.

She's pissed at me for making her go to the ER in the first place... family stubborn streak rearing it's head. So now she's not taking my calls. It's irritating and stressful.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @CogDis‌ - I get sinus infections too and they're such a bummer. Ask your doc/mw if you can have Tylenol cold (my doctor said I could and it was a godsend, but I know every physician is different). Also, I know some ladies have been able to get on antibiotics. If the snot is yellow brown or green, there isn't much point in wait and see, you've got a bingo! Hope you're able to get relief.

Seems like our ladies are having a tough week here, and I agree it seems slow lately. At 32 weeks though, it's getting pretty real over here so I'm looking forward to my last 8 weeks of this pregnancy.

Hope everyone feels better soon.
  • @yesiknowwhatcausesthat‌ and @racheltherose‌ I'm due that day too!

Busy days lately training all the new people and keeping the veterans from being rude to them. Psh. Baby boy started finally moving yesterday and it made me feel more at ease. Tomorrow dr appt! :)
  • That sad moment when I swore I was 30 weeks along and was celebrating, only to get an email from the bump a couple of days later congratulating me for hitting 29 weeks. I almost cried. I'm greatful that my little man is cooking and will have the time to develop properly, but I thought I was closer to our goal! Oh well. I will continue to be greatful and focus on bonding with the little one, as well as enjoying the extra week to get the nursery finished!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Just finished talking to my mom and my MIL.  

My mom has finished 3 more knitted animals for Surprise (penguin, zebra, and hippo) to add to his zoo and dad is apparently starting to gather things to make wooden construction and other toys.  

MIL is doing well and likes the idea of weekly skype dates once Surprise is here for the sole purpose of getting to see him.  We've still got to get visit plans ironed out.

I really would like it to not rain for a bit as we're (museum as a whole) is still waiting on authorization from the insurance to fix the roof.  I'm hoping it happens soon, because I'm reasonably certain it will not be fixed by Christmas and I'm increasingly sure that it won't be done by February.  I'm seriously running out of pots and my kitchen entrance is going to need repair.  
    Feb. 2015: Holiday Decoration Fails
  • (not diagnosing)

@DronkeyGal- High potassium foods from natural food sources like beans, dark leafy greens, potatoes, squash, yogurt, fish, avocados, mushrooms, and bananas, are considered safe and healthy- from https://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/food-sources-of-potassium.php

Muscle cramps may also be low magnesium- try dark leafy greens, nuts, seeds, fish, beans, whole grains, avocados, yogurt, bananas, dried fruit, dark chocolate 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I want some chocolate... but to get it i have to go all the way downstairs... ugh. I'll probably give in at some point.  I want a kit kat!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I just came across this gem of a product while trying to get some Xmas shopping done online: popper stoppers.
    Question for those mommas with new 'outies'--is it uncomfortable under clothes?? Is this another joy of pregnancy I get to look forward to??
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lizzybean yay for passing the GD test, but boo for the cough.
    Thanks babe :)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Ummmm ok. I just clicked on the AW baby shower thread and for real, there is a vagina cake and a scary bloody baby.
    Holy crap. Hadn't gone into that thread in a while. It's that poster's only post, too.

Um, okay ...
    Awaiting our bundle of cute chaos.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Ummmm ok. I just clicked on the AW baby shower thread and for real, there is a vagina cake and a scary bloody baby.

YES!!!!! I always wonder where those come frome! Now we know.
  • Oh it was a Halloween themed party so supposed to be horrifying. Kindof a let down tbh
  • flyster said:
    Oh it was a Halloween themed party so supposed to be horrifying. Kindof a let down tbh
    I'd agree, except there weren't that many other horrifying elements to the party.

BabyFruit Ticker

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most after Baby Arrives
  • Why was a Halloween themed baby shower hosted on December 6th? :-/

I was wondering the same thing....

• flyster said:

Oh it was a Halloween themed party so supposed to be horrifying. Kindof a let down tbh

I'd agree, except there weren't that many other horrifying elements to the party.
    The duckface was a little horrifying, too.

/ded

BabyFruit Ticker

• I curse my short arms the past few weeks. They force me to push my chair in close to my desk, which now pushes into my belly. LO does not enjoy this, but does enjoy kicking the desk and it feels SUPER weird.

This is me, too.

I missed that one. Gross.
  • Why is today going so damn slow? I can't believe it's only 3pm. Ugh, I want to go home already.

BabyFruit Ticker

• PikoPiko said:

Why is today going so damn slow? I can't believe it's only 3pm. Ugh, I want to go home already.

idk about you but for mes its so slow because i have a week and two days until my two weeks vacation.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• I should be cleaning, and I need to, but the overwhelming need to watch AHS Coven is dominating any nesting urges I may have. I must finish it and then I can be productive. :)
  • Why is today going so damn slow? I can't believe it's only 3pm. Ugh, I want to go home already.

idk about you but for mes its so slow because i have a week and two days until my two weeks vacation.

Me too! Can't wait!

BabyFruit Ticker

• You girls and your vacations!  I'm trying to save my vacay hours for next year, so I'll be working all my days outside of company holidays (Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year). 2 more weeks to go til Christmas, I'm already thinking about the Christmas ham that must fly into my mouth.

BabyFruit Ticker

• PikoPiko said:
    You girls and your vacations!  I'm trying to save my vacay hours for next year, so I'll be working all my days outside of company holidays (Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year). 2 more weeks to go til Christmas, I'm already thinking about the Christmas ham that must fly into my mouth.

I'm a teacher...it's kinda forced on me ;)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Just read an article called "20 Baby Names Proved to Belong to the Most 'Naughty' Children". You can find the full article here. Here are the names:

Top 10 Worst-Behaved Girl Names

1. Ella
    2. Bethany
    3. Eleanor
    4. Olivia
    5. Laura
    6. Holly
    7. Courtney
    8. Amber
    9. Caitlin
    10. Jade

Top 10 Worst-Behaved Boy Names

1. Joseph
    2. Cameron
    3. William
    4. Jake
    5. Joshua
    6. Jamie
    7. Lewis
    8. Benjamin
    9. Ethan
    10. Luke

Top 10 Best-Behaved Girl Names

1. Amy
    2. Georgia
    3. Emma
    4. Charlotte
    5. Grace
    6. Sophie
    7. Abigail
    8. Hannah
    9. Emily
    10. Alice

Top 10 Best-Behaved Boy Names

1. Jacob
    2. Daniel
    3. Thomas
    4. James
    5. Adam
    6. Harry
    7. Samuel
    8. Jack
    9. Oliver
    10. Ryan

I think they may have some names on the wrong lists. :)

• In L&D listening to my MIL and DH argue about work. So much effing fun. I started feeling sick in the doctors office they took my bp and it was 158/98. So we are in the hospital for observation overnight at least. I haven't eaten since 2pm and can't eat until we see what my labs say. Ugh....
  • Aw my Lo's name made it to number two on the good list. :)

• Fx it's not serious and that you get to eat soon @mom2xover2002‌
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • So I was told tonight my doctor wants me on medical leave now. So I did talk her into letting me work the rest of this week and next week so that my 2 week vacation won't be affected by this..

• @jennjilljoite‌ I was dx'd with gestational hypertension before thanksgiving. My bp wasn't wanting to play nice at the dr office and I had a headache, light flashes so we got sent next door to the hospital. I'm just going with the flow of things at the moment. Annoyed more about no food and people keep interrupting the NHL Rivalry night game j was watching.
  • That blows @mom2xover2002‌. T&Ps for a quick fix and food. It's not right to keep a pregnant woman hungry especially if she already has to watch what she eats.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"