February 2015 Moms
Options

Hump Day Spam

Spam away!

My spam is that a co-worker's dad passed away, her husband was just diagnosed with incurable cancer and her mom is really ill. I don't know how she's getting out of bed and she has a look of shock. We're all going to put in to get food for her and attend services, but you wish there was something you could do to make it a little better. There's just nothing and I hurt for her.

Doctors appointment today, so it's a short day!
Pregnancy Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hump Day Spam

• Options
    @Hernsy‌ - your poor coworker! I don't know how she's functioning! My co-worker's father also just died a week ago, but she doesn't have all of that other stuff going on. It sounds like you are all trying to be there for her the best you can be.

My Spam- I'm getting overwhelmed with my "to-do" list. I get random spurts of productivity, like getting the nursery together, etc., but some things just seem too big to begin! I know I have a finite amount of time so I just need to buck up. It's times like these that I wish I wasn't an adult who had to do real- life things!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i got stuck behind a train that the decided to park on the tracks. ive been sitting here 45 minutes now and the damn thing hasnt moved.
    im going to be late for work. had to have someone go open my school for me.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Options

Oh wow. Prayers to your coworker! Not sure how she's functioning at all. Hope your doctors appointment goes well @Hernsy‌

I woke up to the most ridiculous Charlie horse of my life in my right calf. I think DH thought I was going into labor or something. He was nice and massaged it for me until I could stand up and go pee. Haha

Had a great Drs appointment yesterday. I lost a pound. Take THAT doctor who told me I was gaining weight too fast.

We also got the inspection back on our current house and our buyers are SO awesome! They only want 4 minor repairs that will maybe cost us a total of $200. Feeling very grateful for that. Now it's time to really start packing! The 22nd will be here before we know it.

Lastly, my brother who is in rehab for drug addiction is being transferred to a long-term facility in a 6 month recovery program. I'm happy he seems to finally be on the right path. Hoping it stays this way.

Happy Wednesday, ladies!

the whole leg cramp was what i had happening to me. it might be a sigb of low potassium.

also been here an hour and im still behind this train.

• Options
    Munchkins are up and getting ready for school. Cue the morning dramatics..lol..

OB appointment and sono today. High BP sucks but the sneak peaks of LO are nice. Wish hubs could come today but with Christmas and 3 birthdays right and I mean RIGHT after he's working his butt off.

Shower is this weekend and out of the 30-40 people invited only 9 people have rsvp'd. Kinda sucks...
  • Options
    Add me to the Charlie horse list this morning last day or work until Monday so I will try to be super productive happy hump day
  • Options
    @psychobutthead‌ yikes on the train!!! I hadn't thought about low potassium. What has potassium besides bananas? I'm allergic to them.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Can't wait to meet our darling daughter, Abigail Elizabeth
    BFP#1: 12/14/13, EDD: 8/22/14, mmc@5wks, miso: 1/14/14
    BFP#2: 6/9/14, EDD: 2/14/15

• Options

Good morning ladies,

I hardly slept last night because of horrific dreams (like planning my husband's funeral, WTF!?) and every time a dream woke me up, LO was either having a dance party and playing the ribcage xylophone with his toes, or he had hiccups that I think make his head hit my hip bone.

Needless to say, I'm a zombie at work today.

Pregnancy Ticker

January Siggy Challenge:

Being able to get out of bed on the first try

• Options
    @psychobutthead‌ that sucks, I hope it moves soon. I was stuck behind one that had parked last week when I was trying to get to Tomball. I had to turn around and backtrack out to go completely out of my way. DS was at SOS, so I was on a time schedule to go pick him up and still had a lot of errands to run.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DronkeyGal‌ Good luck to your brother. That sounds like a step in the right direction.

No Charlie horses here but heartburn was a bitch last night. It got so bad that I woke up and I vomited a few times. After that, I couldn't lie down so I had to prop myself up and sleep sitting up.

So if you read my thread about my son, you know he doesn't want to go to his dad's house. He and my DD are heading back over there today. He is going to try and talk to his dad about his frustrations. My DD is just a mess and cries when she had to go over there. This morning was no exception. I absolutely hate that my kids have to suffer because of my divorce.

Now I'm at work and I'm sleepy and grumpy/sad from my DD's meltdown this morning. These teenagers better have their shit together today because I'm not in the mood to deal with craziness today.

Other than that, happy hump day, ladies!
  • Options
    My sister had a small stroke yesterday, she's only 44 years old. I just .... I don't even know what to think or how to feel about it.

I slept about an hour last night. My brain wouldn't shut off and my back was hurting from the stupid bladder infection I've got going on. I gave up even trying to sleep around 2am and just sat in the recliner in the living room and stared out the window.

I'm so tired and emotional right now.

My baby boy turns 3 tomorrow and I'm super overwhelmed.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @BeckyP005 - I was thinking about you yesterday.  I hope things are going well!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

@DronkeyGal - avocados have even more potassium than bananas! Eat all the guac ;-) well that's if you like avocados/guacamole

Crap. I probably do have low potassium then. Allergic to avocados as well, but only slightly. My mouth just gets a little itchy. Haha. Dang latex allergy has me allergic to all foods with natural latex components - watermelon, honey dew, cantaloupe, bananas and avocados. And sometimes raw almonds bother me too. I do eat yogurt everyday though which I think has potassium?!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Can't wait to meet our darling daughter, Abigail Elizabeth
    BFP#1: 12/14/13, EDD: 8/22/14, mmc@5wks, miso: 1/14/14
    BFP#2: 6/9/14, EDD: 2/14/15

• Options
    @michelle142‌ I'm sorry about your sister. She is in my prayers.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @michelle142‌ many prayers for your sister. @Hernsy‌ thanks. So so. Day by day. I'm really going to try to focus on baby. She needs me to be strong :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    @michelle142 I'm so sorry! That is terrifying! I've got done a few of my baby to dos yesterday which was good...finally put down a deposit on day care and started looking for a pediatrcian. Also paid for the crib.
  • Options
    Morning ladies!

I hope all of the pains and allergies and sad kids and weirdo birth class peers and trains, and heartburn and bad dreams, and sisters etc get better today!

And @op, I'm sorry to hear about your co-worker! That's a lot to handle. People grieve differently, but I have found that friends who took the time to plan an outing or activity helped me the most with my grieving (I was the in shock and overwhelmed type). But I've always been alone without family when I have to grieve because of school, so that may not be helpful for other situations.

I'm up before 6am because I haven't been able to sleep much at all last night. I think I might have my first sinus infection. I had a sinus headache all yesterday and now it is painful and gross.

Anyone out there get sinus infections? Any tips on what to do? Am I supposed to go to the Dr or wait a few days for it to clear up (like you do with a sore throat or ear ache)?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @psychobutthead‌ yikes on the train!!! I hadn't thought about low potassium. What has potassium besides bananas? I'm allergic to them.
    I hate bananas so eating one just wasn't an option for me.

Right now I'm drinking small sips of coconut water throughout the day. I have to keep how much to a minimum because of the diabetes. If you do go the coconut water route don't buy the goya brand. Its all sugar water. Its higher in sugar and calories then any others I have found.

Also spinach and broccoli have large amounts of potassium. So do potatoes with the skin on them. I would up your veggie intake and just see if that helps you. 

EDIT 
    I pretty much just know of whats got potassium but is low in sugar or whats really starchy. Theres probably a lot more out there but this is just what I try to fit in.

• Options
    @cogdis -- My mom has always told me if your snot is green, call the doctor it is a sinus infection. If it is clear it is not a sinus infection. I nettie pot when I have sinus infections, it relieves some of the pressure and helps me breathe. Good luck :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@DronkeyGal - avocados have even more potassium than bananas! Eat all the guac ;-) well that's if you like avocados/guacamole

Crap. I probably do have low potassium then. Allergic to avocados as well, but only slightly. My mouth just gets a little itchy. Haha. Dang latex allergy has me allergic to all foods with natural latex components - watermelon, honey dew, cantaloupe, bananas and avocados. And sometimes raw almonds bother me too. I do eat yogurt everyday though which I think has potassium?!
    Potatoes!! Potatoes are loaded with potassium...even ::gasp:: potato chips. Not that I eat those (yeah, right). Your doctor can do a blood test to check your potassium levels and prescribe a supplement. I think that potassium levels are important if you would need an epidural or surgery but don't quote me on that. I am also a believer that calcium and magnesium have a connection to the leg cramps. Unfortunately taking extra calcium during pregnancy can increase the chance of forming kidney stones, so don't go crazy and talk to your doc instead. :)
  • Options
    @CogDis - if you have green snot, call your Doc and get a Z-Pack of antibiotics. Should clear it right up.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, @mrsclark731‌ ! Good tip.
  • Options
    Has anyone else bought Liz Lange Maternity skinny jeans at Target?

I did last night. I tried them on but there wasn't really any room to walk around in them.
    I put them on this morning and was walking around and literally they kept bunching up in the crotch and ass and falling down. Anyone else experience this with them?

• Options
    BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited December 2014
    @chickenhawke‌ have you taken anything? I'm trying to remember if it was you and your OB wouldn't give you something.

I've had Zpack, inhaler, predisone and cough syrup with codeine. 3 months into it and my OB gave me a script for Benzonatate. She says it's whooping cough...who knows. Just hoping these pills do the trick :)

Oh and honey, cough drops, humidifier did nothing lol.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    @DronkeyGal‌ @psychobutthead‌ salmon and white beans are both great sources of potassium.
  • Options
    I'm sorry @michelle142. My thoughts are with you and your sister.

I dreamt I was really having twins last night. One boy one girl but the boy was really small, like 1 lb small, because he got no prenatal care while Rosalyn got it all. In my dream it was as though he didn't grow because I didn't know he was there. So weird.

Eating breakfast I tell DS to eat his own food. He said no and took the last bite of my toast.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @CogDis‌ - I had one when I got back from my trip/flying at about 20w. OB said to take Tylenol PM at night. They are strict about medications at my office. It took about a month to completely clear up. It was terrible!

Gesh, to the bumpies who are having a hard day/week/month, with coworkers or family members, I hope things get better! It certainly makes me look at my life and quit my bitching.
  • Options
    @michelle142‌ So sorry to hear about your sister. Keeping you and your family in my t&ps.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Sammys1120‌
    Thank! I have a MW appointment today, so I'll ask her about Tylenol PM and pick some up today if she gives me the, "all clear". I could use some decent sleep!

And, holy cow, a month is a long time to go with this pain. I'm glad yours finally cleared up. Wow, that must have been really rough!
  • Options
    Has anyone had their OB or MW ok Benedryl to help you sleep? What was the dosage?

My MW ok'd it and I forgot to ask the dosage. I have a call in (yesterday), but haven't heard back yet.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow I have been missing a lot. Work is insane right now so I never get to bump like I used to. Oh well my headache is due the end of this week. Then life can slow down.

I feel really bad i have zero Christmas decorations up and really don't feel like putting them up now.
    I saw the new baby announcement but has anything else happened that I need should know about?
  • Options
    @DronkeyGal‌ @psychobutthead‌ salmon and white beans are both great sources of potassium.
    Salmon shoots my sugar levels up so I can only eat white fish. But I will try beans. Swigs of coconut water just seems easier for me with all the food restrictions I currently have.

• Options
    Has anyone else bought Liz Lange Maternity skinny jeans at Target?

I did last night. I tried them on but there wasn't really any room to walk around in them.
    I put them on this morning and was walking around and literally they kept bunching up in the crotch and ass and falling down. Anyone else experience this with them?
    I have the liz lang skinny black pants and I have no issues with them. I also have the boot cut jeans which I hate and never wear. They sag in the crotch and the butt and are very unflattering.
    Do they have a panel or are they made for under the belly?

I've never had an issue ever with saggy jeans. I've always had enough of a big ass that its never a problem. Should I just return them? They where like almost $40.

• Options
    Decided to work at a coffee shop today instead if the office. The last few days have been full of people asking for new projects to be designed before Christmas break. Hopefully if I am out of sight then they will wait until January. It may be wishful thinking on my part. ;)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @michelle142 - benedryl is on the approved list from my doc from the beginning.  I have to take it at night because it promptly knocks me out.  I just take the regular 2 pill dosage.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"