February 2015 Moms

Friday Spam

124»

Re: Friday Spam

• Alygohome said:
    I shouldn't have looked on wild friends butter site because now I want to order the vanilla espresso peanut butter, and the honey pretzel and the maple, and all my favorites. My cart is at $60. That seems like a lot to spend on peanut butter *sigh*

Make your own! Not hard and actually kind of fun to experiment with your own flavors!
    You had one job:

• Hope everyone had a great Friday and Halloween if you're participating. Our neighborhood TOT social was fun, and the girls really enjoyed wearing their costumes. I was worried at first because they don't like anything on their heads, but they kept their little kitty and mousey ears on just fine. :) Next year they're walking, though, while I or DH wears the baby. So tired from carrying my heavier DD around the block. (She won't allow anyone but me to carry her if she's tired.) It was so adorable and hilarious: there was another expectant mama at the party, and Summer ran up to her and clung to her legs. The lady, on instinct, scooped her right up, and it was only then that DD seemed to realize that it wasn't me holding her. Her expression was priceless.

A good friend announced today on FB with a pic of her and H wearing those skeleton shirts, except hers was the pregnant version. So cute!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Alygohome said:

@sugahcookie01 isn't it Vday today? (I remember you tell me!) happy vday.

@psychobutthead I passed the second! thankfully. I bombed the first though, they told me you needed to be under 7 and I was 8.8 no idea what that means though, so I don't know what went wrong on the first one. Thanks for asking!

I have started receiving cards for flutter, I check on her a bit on facebook and she seems to be doing ok but I am sure this cards will make her day! I admire her strength and faith --My husband came home with all the mail and asked why I was so popular all the sudden, I had told him before but he forgot. I also told him to look around and make sure non of you serial killers were hiding by our box (haha) and he rolled his eyes. Obv I was jk.

Sorry I swear I'm mailing the card and $ this weekend!
  • lizzybean said:

Update: I finally found where DH stashed the candy. I know you were all on the edge of your seats. ;)

Thank goodness! I'd need a bunch of candy after a shitty incident like that (pun intended). @-)
  • O.M.G. I am the happiest pregnant lady in all the land!!

I have been dying since I moved to the Midwest for real mexican food. Everyone has recommendations but this snooty SoCal girl can't take it seriously anymore. I've had more waiters with European/Slavic accents than mexican ones and I'm a snob. I want dirty mexican food. I don't want to know how it's made. I want that little bit of fear that comes with real back street food.

Today through the cold and rain a beautiful mexican angel came in (who I have spoken to once before about this dilemma) and gave me a card and told me a location of an authentic michoacan style mexican food truck. I left at lunch and drove 3 blocks!!! And... were my eyes deceiving me?! I approached. We exchanged pleasantries and I told her to put anything she wanted into a left over box I didn't even care.

A assortment of 6 beautifully messy REAL tacos (Midwesterners.. Tacos are not some El Paso crunchy shell.. They are soft warm corn tortillas meant to be sprinkled with wedges of lime and love!). So amazing.

I just... I am so happy. I will continue to sip on my Horchata and smile a smile of blissful fullness.

That's so awesome!! I haven't had dinner yet (wasn't hungry when DDs ate at 4:30), so I just might send DH to Torchy's. Too bad they don't have horchata though...haven't had one since we lived in Chicago. I really want some now.
  • lizzybean said:

Girls pray for my husband. He has been an asshole since last night.

I asked him to empty the dishwasher because my lower back was soo sore. He didn't and he went to bed mad at me because I asked him if he forgot to empty the dishwasher.

Today, he lectured me about eating Halloween candy. "I hope you understand Im not going to get anymore tonight". I had three pieces. He can shove it.

Then, I am returning his call this evening. While it is ringing, Ella starts screwing around and as Im yelling at her to stop, he answers, then gets offended because he thinks Im yelling at him. I explain to him about Ella and he says "I understand you're having a rough day with Ella but I don't want to hear about it". 

Wow. Really?? Guess I'll just keep MY parenting issues with OUR daughter to myself then? This kind of ridiculousness is not the man I married. And he needs to get the fuck over whatever is bothering him before I chuck something at his head. 

Rant over.
    So sorry!!! Reading this made me mad. :( Hope he's cooled off and treating you more nicely.
  • foxslaw said:

K & I bought full sized candy bars to hand out to TOT's (because we get so few). I'm blowing off my friend's halloween party because I'm a terrible friend & don't feel like being around a bunch of drunk young 20 somethings who I don't know. Bring on the horror movies!

What're y'all watching? I watched V/H/S2 while DDs napped today. I think it was better than the first one, but then again, the first one was mediocre IMO.
  • foxslaw said:

K & I bought full sized candy bars to hand out to TOT's (because we get so few). I'm blowing off my friend's halloween party because I'm a terrible friend & don't feel like being around a bunch of drunk young 20 somethings who I don't know. Bring on the horror movies!

What're y'all watching? I watched V/H/S2 while DDs napped today. I think it was better than the first one, but then again, the first one was mediocre IMO.
    We are watching Let The Right One In
    Love that one! Can't remember if that's the original German version or the Amerian remake? I haven't seen the remake but bet it's good, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"