Options

Thursday Randoms ***

Re: Thursday Randoms ***

• Options
    @pnwlover12‌ FX for a good appt!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm starting to hate our dog. Ok, not really hate, but she drives me crazy. This morning DH got up with DD so I could try to nap while gavin slept. I had just gotten him down, laid down myself and was just about asleep, and this fucker comes in my room and barks like an asshole for no reason, waking me and G up. So much for a nap

image         image

• Options
    savicke2009savicke2009 member
    edited October 2014
    Took aubrey to the pedi this am for her weight check.. she gained 9 oz since last friday and she is above birth weight! Woohoo! However she has a green goopy eye that looks disgusting, so we got a prescription for antibiotic eye drops to use for a week. So we go to target to pick them up and they're like $300 because insurance hasn't added her to our plan yet! !! Grrrr.. so now ive been off and on the phone with insurance trying to figure out what to do!! Poor goopy girl! :( hoping though that its not a blocked tear duct, cause pedi mentioned that also! :/
  • Options
    *snippity doo-daa*
    Krysngreg or BSC oh yeaaaaa!!!! I should've known. She who must not be named - voldy. I'm totally with it now! 
  • Options
    SPurp13 said:

It's not Halloween but close enough.

Alexander is wearing the same "costume" tomorrow :)

Alexander Flynn ~ September 24, 2014

Untitled

• Options
    @MrsSarahRenee‌ just giving you "love it" hoping LO feels better soon!
  • Options
    We get discharged from the hospital tomorrow. I am so nervous to go home. I think I could survive if I had a hospital bed at home...but I legitimately don't know how I am going to do stairs, lay in a flat bed....this c-section pain is no joke.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Nicb13 said:
    I feel so much guilt these days like the baby takes away from my time with my son. It makes me sad. Any tips from other moms with multiple kids?
    I feel the same way! My mom is here for another 2 weeks because of our upcoming move so she's been really helping with giving DS the attention he is not getting from me. I still feel guilty but at least he is getting attention and someone to play with. Since I'm breastfeeding and that takes so many hours of the day, I've been considering at least supplementing, if not altogether switching to formula, after my mom leaves in hopes that I can spend more time with DS. It's hard though. 

DS has been a champ with it all but has had 2 big meltdowns that clearly show that it all has been harder on him than he shows on a daily basis. It's so hard, and it's hard to see my baby (DS) go through a hard time! I don't have an answer but just want you to know you are not alone feeling that way! Hopefully there's some lady's out there with good advice!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options

We get discharged from the hospital tomorrow. I am so nervous to go home. I think I could survive if I had a hospital bed at home...but I legitimately don't know how I am going to do stairs, lay in a flat bed....this c-section pain is no joke.

:( good luck & feel better!!!

• Options

By love it I mean I felt the exact same way. I used lots of pillows to prop up the first few nights and would make DH take my hands and not pull, but let me use his arms like a bed rail to pull myself out of the bed.

Two weeks in I still make him move everything downstairs after I shower and only go back up the stairs again for bed. They're getting easier but they still suck more than anything else.
  • Options
    ashie0610ashie0610 member
    edited October 2014
    Nicb13 said:

I feel so much guilt these days like the baby takes away from my time with my son. It makes me sad.

Any tips from other moms with multiple kids?

No advice but I'm with all you ladies dealing with this. My toddler is acting out for attention so much more often and I don't know how to redirect him. I can't lift him still and have to watch him like a hawk around the baby so I feel like I never put DS2 down. Handling DS1 is way more difficult than the baby IMO.
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • Options

Took aubrey to the pedi this am for her weight check.. she gained 9 oz since last friday and she is above birth weight! Woohoo! However she has a green goopy eye that looks disgusting, so we got a prescription for antibiotic eye drops to use for a week. So we go to target to pick them up and they're like $300 because insurance hasn't added her to our plan yet! !! Grrrr.. so now ive been off and on the phone with insurance trying to figure out what to do!! Poor goopy girl! :( hoping though that its not a blocked tear duct, cause pedi mentioned that also! :/

We had the blocked tear duct and after two days just gently wiping it off and holding on with a warm washcloth for a few minutes it opened up. I felt so bad when she tried to open it and it was glued shut though! Hope you can figure out the insurance soon!
  • Options
    I've been trying to love tit but I keep getting a java script error! :(

Good luck today, @pnwlover12 & G!  FX for a good number!

@savicke2009  S had a clogged tear duct and it resolved itself after a few days of goopiness.  We applied a warm compress a few times a day and cleaned his eye whenever he was awake.  It looked gross, but it was easy to handle.

@Spurp13  A good friend of mine who does not work out at all does not have a pooch post c-section.  It's possible! 
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    Rough day yesterday. Found out that little byron has an infection in his index finger. We had to start antibiotics yesterday and keep an eye on it. On the bright side we learned that he is gaining on schedule finally!

The infection had me so freaked out last night i was a big crying basket case. Nothing like being told to go the emergency room if something looks worse to make a new mom paranoid. The good news is that it seems to be getting better

• Options
    Alex is peeing blood, so we are back at the hospital. Still puking. I cried while he was having blood drawn.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Nicb13 said:

I feel so much guilt these days like the baby takes away from my time with my son. It makes me sad.

Feeling the same way! Need those tips. I also feel like I have no time to connect with baby either! :(
    imageimage
  • Options
    @syllessa lots of T&Ps! Poor boy! I hope he feels better so soon!
    imageimage
  • Options
    @Syllessa‌ t&p for you and your little man.
    DS born 7/5/2001
    Married DH 2010
    TTC since 2010
    8 IUI and 2 IVF cycles
    BFP - TWINS! - Lost twin A at 17w5d 
    Still pregnant with Twin B!!!! Due 10/16/2014
    Hospital bed rest 5/10-7/20
    William born at 27 weeks and 3 days

• Options
    T&Ps for you and your boy @Syllessa‌
    Me: 30 | DH: 4/12/85 - 6/16/14 | Quinn Patrick born 9/28/14
  • Options
    @syllessa

I'm so, so, sorry. :( I hope they take good care of him and figure out what's going on ASAP.  

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.

• Options

Emerald27 said:

Nicb13 said:

Feeling the same way! Need those tips. I also feel like I have no time to connect with baby either! :(
    I have no tips except daycare and the grandparents are saving my life. Dd1 did say "I miss you, mommy" again yesterday, and wants me to do everything -- like put her to bed every night, when DH did that 4-6 nights a week pre baby.
    I did manage to read to both of them this morning. I hold dd1 while nursing dd2 with Mickey Mouse on when it is just the three of us.
    I always feel so guilty when I'm feeding LO and DS1 won't sit with me and color or read a book with me or do some activity that I can easily manage with him. He asks me over and over to do stuff that I can't do while nursing LO.

And the acting out is getting extreme. Running down the sidewalk and turning corners without waiting, despite me telling him to stop. Not coming when called. Kid does not listen at all and it makes me fear taking him anywhere! I guess I'm just not good at parenting a toddler with my arms full. :(
    imageimage
  • Options
    Emerald27 said:

Emerald27 said:

Nicb13 said:

I have no tips except daycare and the grandparents are saving my life. Dd1 did say "I miss you, mommy" again yesterday, and wants me to do everything -- like put her to bed every night, when DH did that 4-6 nights a week pre baby.
    I did manage to read to both of them this morning. I hold dd1 while nursing dd2 with Mickey Mouse on when it is just the three of us.
    I always feel so guilty when I'm feeding LO and DS1 won't sit with me and color or read a book with me or do some activity that I can easily manage with him. He asks me over and over to do stuff that I can't do while nursing LO.

And the acting out is getting extreme. Running down the sidewalk and turning corners without waiting, despite me telling him to stop. Not coming when called. Kid does not listen at all and it makes me fear taking him anywhere! I guess I'm just not good at parenting a toddler with my arms full. :(
    I could have written this myself @emerald27. I didn't expect him to be the hardest part of having a second child.
    PM me for blog link!

• Options
    Update- we are being shipped to a larger hospital 2 hours away. That's all I know right now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    @Syllessa‌ I'm so sorry you are going through this. FX that it's nothing too serious.
  • Options

Anyone need a laugh? These are awesome.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/greatest-tumblr-moments

I had to put down DS at #4 so I wouldn't wake him from laughing so hard. The pecan pie autocorrect one had me rolling!
    PM me for blog link!

• Options
    Syllessa said:

Update- we are being shipped to a larger hospital 2 hours away. That's all I know right now.

Oh no, @Syllessa‌. Thinking of you!
    PM me for blog link!

• Options
    W has been fussy and just fell asleep on my chest and....I have to poop. :-S
    DS born 7/5/2001
    Married DH 2010
    TTC since 2010
    8 IUI and 2 IVF cycles
    BFP - TWINS! - Lost twin A at 17w5d 
    Still pregnant with Twin B!!!! Due 10/16/2014
    Hospital bed rest 5/10-7/20
    William born at 27 weeks and 3 days

• Options
    Cantisa said:

Why has dd nursed every single hour on the hour since 4am?! No nap for me today!!

Growing is hard work! And mommy snuggles are the best.

I'm with ya. DS woke up and cluster fed from 4am till almost 9am this morning. Both boys are napping and I'm bumping instead of sleeping. Crazy much?
    imageimage
  • Options
    Whenever LO's head is near my boob his mouth opens and he move towards my nipple.  I feel so bad because they're empty!  Poor guy was promised food there and there's none!

^#(^

imageimage

• Options
    T&Ps @Syllessa‌ and alex!

Married 11/5/11
  • Options
    @Syllessa‌ thinking of you and Alex!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"