October 2014 Moms

Thursday Randoms ***

124»

Re: Thursday Randoms ***

• Loading the player...
  • So MIL came by to check on us and was telling me about what she had for dinner and how good it was. Then asked if I had eaten and I said maybe half of a sandwich before DD started flipping out. So then she was here helping me with a fussy baby. Yeah she lasted an hour before it was like I'm sorry and went home. I guess at least I got to stuff the other half of the sandwich in my face?
  • I seriously can't wait until this appointment on Monday. I have all the questions :-?
  • I just killed my own spider. I pretty much have arachniphobia so that's kind of a big deal. That fucker was the size of a quarter. I left his dead spider body there incase any other spiders get the same idea. Try to eat my family and you die!

Badass!!
  • @Nicb13‌ I try to give lo to dh and spend some one on one time with ds. I also make an effort to tell him I love him and give him hugs and kisses more than usual. Dd is older so she could care less if I pay attention to her.
  • @ angeltennis3 I felt the same exact way after my last cs. I actually stayed in the hospital an extra day because I didn't know how I would get out of bed. I ended up sleeping on the couch sitting up with pillows all around me for a couple days. Then I moved to my bed with a step stool to get in and out of bed. Walking will help your recovery so much! Not long walks but just walking around your house or a little at the store. You don't want to over do it. If you are tired then rest. This time I got up and walking as soon as I could feel my legs and my recovery has been 1000% easier!
  • Thanks everyone. I need to do something, and I don't know what it is.

I met with my GP yesterday and the OB today. I told them both how I'm feeling. The GP said it was up to me whether we increased my medications, but we were both hesitant, because I'm trying to breastfeed AND, we don't know how much is true depression vs. hormones at this point. The OB was like "yeah, my daughter-in-law couldn't breastfeed after a c section either, but was able to after a vaginal birth." YEAH. I tried to TELL you that before the section, bitch. I KNEW this would happen, but that doctor loves to cut. I knew I was having a section from the moment I got pregnant. She SAYS I have a narrow pelvis and it was necessary, but we didn't know that at the time a c section was decided on, and who's to say I couldn't have done it? No one knows.

I have this crazy idea that if I pump every hour it might do something. I don't know what I'm doing anymore. My husband went to bed with the kid, and I'm on the internet trying to figure out how to make my boobs work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So I know some spit up is totally normal and baby seems to be a "happy spitter"...but man she spits up a lot! The ones 45 min-an hour after feeding always confuse me.

Could it be acid reflex? Ds1 had acid reflex and spit up a lot and at random non feeding times.
  • @SPurp13‌ How frequently are you pumping now, and how much do you get? How often do you nurse?

imageimage
  • I had no idea what everyone on the board was going through until today. By starting this thread I feel like I was able to catch up a lot. Thoughts and my sincerest prayers to all who are going through a rough patch.
    @SPurp13‌ my prayers are with you. I have been thinking about you through the day every time I check back on the thread. You are a great mom and it shows in your concern with bonding with your daughter. All the joy in the world is being sent your way.
    @Emerald27‌ thank you for sharing your wisdom on BFing I have just been expressing and trying to learn the nursing thing. Eli is doing well with it. I just am having issues with comfort with it, same as I did with my first.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @SPurp13 breastfeeding doesn't make you a good or bad mom. Your baby needs to eat and you are being a good mom by feeding her whatever you need to feed her whether it happens to be breast milk or formula. I think the pressure you feel to breastfeed is putting unnecessary stress on you. Being a new mom is stressful enough without added stress. What if you start slowly by supplementing and still give her any milk you do make?
  • Emerald27 said:

@SPurp13‌ How frequently are you pumping now, and how much do you get? How often do you nurse?

@Emerald27‌ Until last night, I was nursing, then using a sns system, then pumping every 3 hours. Most of the time the baby won't do anything at the breast. She latches well. But she only gets around .5 of an oz every feed so we have to supplement. She's taking anywhere from 1-3 oz of supplement in a feeding. I get anywhere from .5 to 1 oz at a time.

I honestly think it's a combo of my not producing and her not transferring.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"