November 2014 Moms
Options

Countdown is on...what do you have left to do for baby?

I'm 37 weeks think this little lady will be early (like DS) so starting to stress about all the things I have left! Here's my list, what about you ladies? And yes, I'm crazy and have projects listed for my DS too since I don't want him to feel left out...I have been trying to do special things for him these last few weeks too!

Priority items:
-freezer cooking!!!
-finish assembling Big Brother goodie bag for hospital
-pack DS overnight bag
-wash carseat cover (and replace with new girly cover - so cute!)
-put car seat bases in cars
-assemble Arm's Reach cosleeper

Would be nice...
-finish putting knobs/hardware on refinished armoire
-put up wall decals in baby room
-scrub carpets in all bedrooms
-put up book shelves in DS room 
-put up wall decals in DS room

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Countdown is on...what do you have left to do for baby?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    - Organize baby's closet.
    - Wash baby clothes.
    - Deep clean the house.
    - Buy diaper pail/ garbage can thingy.
    - Pack hospital bag.
  • Options
    DH and I have done so well with everything at our house... basically we are totally ready here. But the Biggie that we haven't done is: 

Pick a pediatrician.  
    Anniversary: 10/10/09
    DS: 11/21/14
    DD: 7/5/16

• Options
    @JFH2010 that reminded me...we still have to decide on her NAME!! omg...we have it down to 2 but we each like a different one. UGH.

• Options
    Need names!! Have a completely way too long list. Ugh.
    Took the car seats and hospital bag out of my car today because it got hit and I took it in to get fixed. We will have to reinstall again tomorrow in the rental.
    Have a bunch of returns to do and baby laundry to get fine. But the first wave of coming home outfits and blankets are done.
    Really want to get my hair cut and a pedicure Thursday and have DH take some maternity pics this weekend hopefully I hold them in that long.
  • Options
    ElinJ said:

Call insurance to get lowdown on breast pump because their website is a POS and gives me no info.
    <

@ElinJ‌ I just did this yesterday and it was pretty painless. Took me about 1515 min tops between the insurance company and their vendor. Found out either Ameda or Medela dual electric are covered 100 percent by my insurance... Yay!

• Options
    Really organize the room. This includes putting away all the gifts from my shower (was this past Sunday). I don't plan on washing the clothes yet, but they are sorted by size. I need to get the crib sheets on.

Need to buy fabric & have gma sew curtains.

Today I will wash the blankets, burp cloths and socks. Tip: I bought a mesh intimates garment bag to contain all the lil bitty socks in the wash

I also want to buy a twin comforter that matches the room (there's a twin bed in the nursery).

Also headed to target today to buy a few smaller items. Otherwise I'm hoarding my completion coupons & going to watch for some deals in the upcoming months. Wondering what black fri might bring :) fx I can get my mom or aunt to go for me if I find something lol.

Make my hospital bag & install the car seat base.

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• Options
    My biggest thing left was installing the car seat. Well my DH installed it and now I can barely fit behind the wheel :( So he took it out and will wait to do it until I'm in the hospital. So my list now says....

Keep car clean for car seat

Clean Gutters (DH will be doing)

Mow Lawn

Laundry

Clean everything!

Also no more baking, I have made cookies twice this week and really need to work on the stuff above not on trying new recipes =)

• Options
    I have 2.5 weeks left, and my only priorities now are trying not to go crazy waiting, and attempt to make some freezer meals this weekend.  The house is kinda a mess, but my mother would be cleaning it up while she's here if it were clean already so why put in the extra energy I don't have.
  • Options
    Read all those dumb manuals so i can figure out how to actually use the baby carrier, etc. :P
  • Options
    -I'd like to get some more freezer meals prepped.
    -Set up the PnP in our bedroom (DH will probably do this and make sure it's nice and clean while I'm in the hospital).
    -Finish packing my hospital bag.  (My c/s will most likely be 11/21 or 11/22 so I'm not sweating this).
    -Clean the carseat.
    -Have DH install the base in my van (sometime after my SS goes back to college on 11/9 since he'll need that seat before then.

We're actually pretty ready for this baby to get here.
     TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'll be 36 weeks on Friday, and I also have this strong feeling baby will be coming early (by jinxing it I'm sure he'll be coming past my due date now :p). So I'm trying to get everything done by this weekend.
    I have my baby shower tomorrow. Then this weekend I'll go shopping for last minute small things, like soap, lotion, nursing pads, etc.
    I also have to get hubby to bring down the baby tub and the baby swing from up in the rafters in the garage and then clean those up.
    That's pretty much it. I'd love to get the house clean but lol that ain't happenin'!
  • Options
    This inspired me to make a list on my computer of the things I want/need to get done...
    It's a page and a half :((
    Granted, I have the absolutes ready to go, you know, boobs, bassinet, diapers, wipes...
  • Options

I’m 2.5 weeks from our due date, but have a feeling this baby is going to come early.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Things I need to do:

Install car seat base in car

Finish packing hospital bag (just the things I need to grab when it’s baby time)

Pack DD’s overnight bag

Things I’d like to do:

Buy a couple new nursing bras (I have a couple from last time around, but a couple new ones would be nice)

Deep clean house one more time

Prepare freezer meals

Pull out swing and bouncing chair from storage and clean

Finish cutting down the garden hostas (I might hire my niece to finish this up for me)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    -Nail the bassinet back together
    -Hospital preregistration
    -Insurance preauthorization for the hospital stay
    -Write birth plan
    -Write letters to hubby and baby in case anything goes wrong
    -Order breast pump
    -Get baby monitor and baby meds (Amazon list to order when ready)
    It's a girl! Due November 22, 2014
  • Options

My latest to do list is on that thread too. You guys should join our goals thread- we keep each other (somewhat) accountable.
  • Options
    I feel like I have a ton left to do.
    Unbox and wash: boppy and covers, bouncy seat cover, winter car seat cover, blankets, bibs and bassinet sheets.
    Reassemble all of the above.
    Unpack pump and buy replacement parts.
    Take DD's daybed to be painted so we can move nursery furniture into the nursery.
    Pack hospital bag for self and baby. DH has to do his own.
    Pack overnight bag for DD.
    Assemble DD's hospital goodie bag.
    Take a ton of stuff that I have purged to the donation center.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm feeling about ready, just need to send in daycare paperwork to reserve a spot, keep the house clean, clean out the baby tub, and finish my bag. And get some life insurance and do wills but will probably do those while on maternity leave. Oh and choose a girl's name, that's probably pretty important!

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• Options
    I really need to get my shit together. Goodness, you ladies are productive!
    Im jealous.
  • Options
    Crap, I didn't think of washing the Boppy cover. D'oh!! Looks like I've got another load to do...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    - Pick a freaking name
    - Move DS's car seat over and install infant car seat bases in both cars
    - pack my hospital bag
    - order stuff for DS's "big brother bag"
    - finalize placenta encapsulation arrangements
  • Options
    Install the carseat, get crib sheets and a mattress pad, wash a whole tub of baby stuff, buy the carseat converter for the stroller, go to newborn care class, receive breast pump in the mail. And figure out her health insurance.

Not many items but still a lot to do.
    BABY GIRL, 11-11-14 

• Options
    Pick a name, she's still just "baby girl"

Finish the nursery (still have a bunch of random boxes and crap in there, it used to be our junk-room)

Pack my hospital bag

Pack DS's bag so I can leave him with someone

Get the rest of the baby gear out of the attic (swing, rock n play, etc)

FMLA & short-term disability paperwork

Making some freezer meals would be nice

Make DS's Halloween costume (ok, that's not directly baby related, but it needs done ASAP regardless)

I'm probably forgetting things...
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ElinJ said:

Crap, I didn't think of washing the Boppy cover. D'oh!! Looks like I've got another load to do...

Get a waterproof cover too! I put the waterproof cover on as a liner, then have 2 regular covers to switch out. Saves having to wash the pillow part when baby pukes, pees, or poops all over it!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not alone with the name thing.  I'm thinking that may not happen before he arrives.

So, I still need to clean out the car and install the base.  Wash and prep the bottles.  Finishing prepping cloth diapers.  Buy baby towels, bath things, postpartum necessities.  Maybe a waterproof cover; thanks for the idea @abbyful! Try to pack a hospital bag.  Make freezer meals if there is time/money/energy.  
  • Options
    Here's my short-list:

Install car seat bases
    Pack my hospital bag (already packed baby stuff)
    Buy and put together nurses gifts
    Clean house
    Continue craft projects
    Finish baby room
    Deal with pump and parts (might wait on this until afterwards)
    Take infant CPR class

I'm sure there are many more "would be nice to get done" type of things!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So just found out at my 36 week appointment that I'm 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced! So things just got real! Looks like I will be washing Clothes, car seat covers, and cleaning out the cars this weekend! I know I can walk around dilated for a while but just in case! :)
  • Options
    Need to asap:
    -Get and install carseat (im pretty sure my aunt is getting it, which is a big help!)
    -Pack bags
    ( for me, lo, and ds)

Need to:
    -go through and wash some of ds old clothes
    -Buy coming home outfits (team green)
    -clean house
    -Clean my room and finish painting
    -Do maternity shots, just myself
    - stock up on toiletries for first few weeks home
    - pick a few names
    - paperwork

Would like to do:
    -Mow lawn
    -Put up fence
    - organize ds toys
    - anything else im forgetting
  • Options
    abbyful said:
    Get a waterproof cover too! I put the waterproof cover on as a liner, then have 2 regular covers to switch out. Saves having to wash the pillow part when baby pukes, pees, or poops all over it!
    Thanks! I never thought to do that first go around. Luckily DS rarely spit up, and amazingly never peed or pooped on it. I think we only had to do 1 "emergency" wash after a drink spilled on it. I'll go add a waterproof liner to my list now!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I'm not sure how many ladies on here seem to know what they need to do if it's their first baby like me. I have washed onesies but no other clothes in case baby is too big. Most babies in my family skip right over newborn sizes so I don't want to take tags off. We are team green so we will need to buy clothes after baby is born. Otherwise, we are just waiting for baby to come...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"