July 2014 Moms
Options

Newb in town

Re: Newb in town

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    sxymamakatsxymamakat member
    edited October 2014
    I vote we start a thread this weekend "selfie Saturday" then we will see who is real. If you don't post you're fake!
    I have to disagree with this.  I didn't post HDBD pics, but I'm real.  There are only 2 pics of me taken the entire pregnancy, and there are maybe 4 taken that include me since my son was born.  I don't like being in pics, I'm really unhappy with my body at this point, and I'm certainly not about to post them.  I've been lurking more lately than participating with some craziness in my schedule, but I've been here since the beginning and this is definitely VERY unnerving.  It seems to reinforce why I DON'T post pics! That said, I don't think she's showing up on doorsteps.  I think s/he is just very, very lonely and pathetic.
    My sweet little munchkin! 
    8 lbs, 13 oz.  21" long

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can mods still see IP addresses if someone gets reported? Or is that just the Bump Gods now?
  • Options
    @sxymamakat‌ I completely understand not wanting to post pics. I should've edited what I posted for clarity. It was meant as more of a joke, and to prove that if "Jen" was real, she could've posted a pic and been done with it. Obviously now we know s/he was never going to post anything. I also only posted pics in a few hbdb.

If there are any other fake people on here, we don't need a thread of pics to figure out who's real and who isn't. The J14 detectives will call them out I'm sure!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was wondering about Skeemer too...but more because I hope she didn't ditch TB for FB.

I can't believe you guys are so surprised. What have ppl been saying since the beginning? ANYONE can join, any one can read even if they don't join. So why would you put a whole bunch of stuff out there and get all offended at broken trust? There was no "trust" clause to sign up.

I wish I could find some of those "FB group?" posts to see what she said about trust and BSC's.
    imageimage"">

• Options
    @turtlemonsters  I don't believe Jensavicci was on FB, that's what was one of the red flags for some people. 
    [ Zoey <3 7.28.14 ]
  • Options
    aliletz said:
    aliletz said:
    If you don't know, you're not cool enough to know.
     I am home sick today and catching up on your random catfish drama but I just had to stop and point out that you, @aliletz, have said some insanely snatchy shit in this thread totally unrelated to the catfish drama at hand. How fucking old are you?
    @hilarityensued It's always easy to come in and point fingers at someone whose personality and general tone you're unfamiliar with. Anyone who knows me in this forum knows that that was entirely tongue in cheek. Relax, Cujo.
    and besides, the faux story of the "DW cheating" was blasted all over TB... I don't see why it would be wrong to ask if it was a dick or a snatch.  Seriously, she gave out enough information, she could at least give us that!

Not like it matters now.  I'm going with dick. You know, for story time sake.
    *SIGGY*
    Baby G born 6/6/14, 37 weeks 1 day due to preeclampsia.  5lb12oz 19"
    #2 due Christmas 2016. 

• Options
    I'm kind of creeped out/bummed that such a prolific poster here turned out to be a total fake, but I'm not shocked/surprised that this kind of thing happens on the internetz.  To all of you freaking out, Catfish are generally harmless people who are just bored or insecure with their real lives and create fake lives for funsies.  Imagine what the lurkers do who don't reveal themselves by posting traceable stolen photos.   @-)

Don't post things on the internet that you don't want creepsters reading/stealing, y'all.  

• Options
    edited October 2014
  • Options
  • Options
    Lurker from O14 here! Just dropped in to say I spent most of my morning reading this entire thread, and it may be the most epic thing ever to grace TB. Huge kudos to the June 14 gumshoes! Wow... Just wow. =D>

I have to ask though...what is the parrot story that kept being referenced? I was searching for it but no luck! Really curious now...
  • Options
    Quite frankly I question any of you who found "Jen" normal. You could smell the crazy in that one a mile away. People continued to kiss her ass and buy her shit because she was a lesbian.
    Really? Are you kidding me?
  • Options
    litera said:
    doeydo said:
    Quite frankly I question any of you who found "Jen" normal. You could smell the crazy in that one a mile away. People continued to kiss her ass and buy her shit because she was a lesbian.
    First post ever. Are you kidding US?
    JFC.  So what if I lurk?  That sounded like something hateful bigots say to convince others and themselves of why [insert minority here] should be kept down and not given "special attention/treatment" aka equality.  
  • Options
    litera said:
    litera said:
    doeydo said:
    JFC.  So what if I lurk?  That sounded like something hateful bigots say to convince others and themselves of why [insert minority here] should be kept down and not given "special attention/treatment" aka equality.  
    Or, the more rational explanation is that some people do not want to appear hateful so they overly compensate niceness so as not to offend. Your overreaction proves that people are quick to point the finger all ZOMG SHE H8S THA GAYS Haven't you ever been nervous around a cop and drove as perfectly as possible so as not to incite their attention. Same thing. @jojobean86 correct me if I'm wrong
    My response was better. 

imageimageimage
  • Options
    litera said:

doeydo said:

litera said:

doeydo said:

-----

Or, the more rational explanation is that some people do not want to appear hateful so they overly compensate niceness so as not to offend. Your overreaction proves that people are quick to point the finger all ZOMG SHE H8S THA GAYS

Haven't you ever been nervous around a cop and drove as perfectly as possible so as not to incite their attention. Same thing.

@jojobean86 correct me if I'm wrong

Exactly @litera‌ .... Not that I even owe an explanation. Anyone who has actually been around the past year knows exactly what I meant. So as @salsera29 was saying...

Shoo fly, run along.
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    livkightlivkight member
    edited October 2014
    deezidee04 She said in one thread that she had owned a pet bird for years, but one day found it dead in the toilet after she had let it out of it's cage or something (it fell in and couldn't get out). It was horrifying to read-- definitely haunted me for days.

Edited for clarity

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
  • Options
    Because I didn't want to jump in uninformed... I read this whole freaking thing non stop

wow.

There was an article a while back about stealing baby pictures and role-playing with them.

I think this pretty much sums up why I lurk and occasionally post, but don't include pictures. It's not worth my daughters safety.
  • Options
    @turtlemonsters  I don't believe Jensavicci was on FB, that's what was one of the red flags for some people. 
    Well just in general. My DH doesn't have FB either. I guess my thought was more that we're all scared of THIS stuff NOW, but ppl could have been stealing your pics all along. and still are and can be on FB. Even friends whose faces you see. I'm on a lot of medical sites due to my families chronic issues and ppl steal pics stories id's a bit to get money raised for "their sick children" that aren't theirs. I guess I don't get feeling scared now that she is outed, or feeling safer that she's gone. she's likely getting off on all the furvor under another name.

The internet never was safe, nor will it be...we think not coming here for a while makes a difference, but it doesn't.
    imageimage"">

• Options
    @literachick I'm Bumping from work instead of doing lesson plans. Did you talk to this Jen? How did you get a hold of Swed girl?

This board is whack yo. I've been on TB for freaking 6 years and this may take the cake. Hate to say this, but I doubt this is the end of the creeps for our circus show board. Luckily I'm in my tiny FB group of 5 (aren't we so cool?)  so I gave two shits for Jen and her amazing fake self.
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    ... and boom goes the dynamite.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards