Parenting

UO

Re: UO

• If you're going to use our dept's conference room for a party and bring in delicious smelling pizza than perhaps you should invite me to enjoy some of the pizza instead of just walking by and spying on my internet time.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• The stupid comments in regards to DD's looks are the ones that annoy me.

Stranger: "Wow! Her hairy is so curly! Where'd she get the curly hair?"

Me (with a mop of curly hair): "Uhhhh..... me."

• Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I agree, @HilarityEnsued‌. I believe you would very much enjoy Arrested Development.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                         DS is 1DAF

"I realize I say the word fuck a lot, and I'd like to apologize but I don't give a shit." -Lewis Black

It's not very often that we get actual clarification on important matters so I thank you for this. Seriously.

It also makes me think about how we have to save the ham bone for relatives to use for soup after easter dinner. (yes, we have a butter lamb too)

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• My sister (who watches my kids) just told me that DD said "I'm running away because mommy is always at work."

My heart is breaking. I think it is time for a little one on one time with DD. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Idani said:
    luxannie said:
    luxannie said:
    All people, old as fuck or not, are capable of change. Old people are just assholes sometimes. They know full well that they're being assholes. They just don't give a shit.
    Someone in the throes of dementia or Alzheimer's is not capable of change.

Sure, some old people are assholes. But it's really not an accurate assumption that an older person who is being ignorant in their speech is a racist asshole who doesn't give a shit.

Fine. Dementia I agree with. But if someone with dementia is using ignorant descriptions to talk poorly about a group of people, it's still an asshole move.
    I work with seniors with all different stages of memory loss.  One of the first stages is often using inappropriate language. Pearl clutching grandma betty might start calling employees racist terms.  It's not an asshole move, it's the disease. 
    My gram has just started doing this. She swears like a motherfucker now.
  • EVA116 said:

My sister (who watches my kids) just told me that DD said "I'm running away because mommy is always at work."

Aww :(  I know that feeling stinks.

But just think, you're going to free up a lot of time to concentrate on her once you learn how to use that crockpot!

*Siggy Warning*

• bearfootz said:

EVA116 said:

My sister (who watches my kids) just told me that DD said "I'm running away because mommy is always at work."

Aww :(  I know that feeling stinks.

But just think, you're going to free up a lot of time to concentrate on her once you learn how to use that crockpot!

lol that is probably true. I spent an hour last night prepping and cooking dinner.

• The only time I'm going to yell at an elderly person is when they run into me with their motorized scooter - and even then I'll just yell "ow"

then I'll probably say the Pledge, sing America The Beautiful and go on my merry way

*Siggy Warning*

• threelittlewheels  that lady looks so much like my mother - blue shirt and all - that it kind of scares me

*Siggy Warning*

• ILY triplea lol

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My MIL and SIL constantly comment on how "skinny"  DD1 is.  SIL has also referred to my 4 year old DS's body as "disgusting" because he is also skinny.    

I need to grow a set and stop being so passive around these people.

• No one mentioned a gift card contest. This is getting serious.

• There aint no trophey for living life.

• CTGirl30 said:
    EVA116 said:

Side eyeing your sister for even telling you that.

I'm sorry, @EVA116.  The other night DD said something similarly heartbreaking. We have had a crappy week here but DH is home now and this morning she and I got some one-on-one time (granted, it was to take her to get a flu shot) but she was happier and I was in a better mood so hopefully we have a good evening.

Just give her some extra cuddles tonight.

I just feel like I have not been the best to her lately. DS is so clingy and then the kitty died. I think I will take her for ice cream tonight.

• bearfootzbearfootz member
    edited October 2014

I cannot believe we do not have drive thru beer barns in Wisconsin.......

I mean, the beer cooler at our local grocery store is big enough to drive through, but I think they'd frown upon it if I went in with my minivan

*Siggy Warning*

• edited October 2014
    gwinny said:
    gwinny said:
    pobrecita said:
    Holls2011 said:
    I miss drive-in movie theaters like WHOA. 
    are you 80?
    I AM NOT THAT OLD.

I am just from a very small, rural area where drive-ins still exist and are fucking awesome. Your own food, your own car - we can open up the back of our jeep and pile blankets & pillows & stuff to get extra comfy, you pay one low fee per car as opposed individual ticket prices. IT RULES.
    ________________MF QUOTE BOX FAIL_______________________________
    Is this where you wear your leggings as if they were real pants? This, in your own home, or at the hospital in an emergency are the only acceptable times to wear leggings as if they are legit non-ass-dimple-hugging* pants unless you are wearing them with some sort of super long tunic shirt that covers said ass-dimples*.

*Not that you have ass dimples.

No. I wear them whenever/wherever I want. With the right boots/shoes, sweaters, tunics, dresses, whatever - it looks perfectly fine.

MOTHERFUCKING BUMP AND YOUR BROKEN QUOTE BOXES

I amend my original UO for the sake of clarity: I hate when women wear leggings/tights as if they are real pants and fail to pair them with another article of clothing that covers the ass & crotch region (i.e. with a short shirt). 

I once saw a lady wearing sheer black tights with a mickey mouse t-shirt TUCKED IN TO THEM. Despite the fact that it did cover her ass, this still falls under my amended UO.  Yuck.

Yes, but sheer black tights are NOT LEGGINGS.  

• I had no idea today was Boss' day.

I feel like a shithead

• ::feels insecure about use of emoji::

• ::feels insecure about use of emoji::
    Don't, I like it
    WHEW.

• ZOMG!!!  WHO COULD THIS BE???

• one of my students just told me he is a Bronie. This isn't a sex thing, right? A my little pony sex thing? ::shudders::

It just means he likes my little pony.
    Though, sometimes it is a sex thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"